A Space Proposal

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
A Space Proposal

Imagine how entropia space could be if:

Each planet had a spaceport and privateers where allowed to land on it while motherships could hover above in high atmosphere for boarding by utilizing sleipnirs and quadwings.
If all of the larger spacecrafts would connect to a central teleporter station consisting of several over the spaceports terminal spread out teleporters as soon as the spacecrafts entered the planets atmosphere.
All arriving spacecrafts, docked spacecrafts, landed spacecrafts and those respective spacecraft departures could be seen from huge info panels within the terminal. Passengers could inform them at the terminal info desks about the respective transport services, the info desks could allow to list some basic info for each provider and provide a connection to every service providers webpage.
A teleporter fee of 1 ped would allow to board or leave the spacecrafts, while leaving them manually by smaller ships ar by foot when landed would be free of charge.
Think about 3 dimensional planets with an atmosphere that you could leave at any point to aim for space and how you could use this advantage to sneak out into the dangers of space.
Bluezones would not exist but spacestations would have automated long range turrets and torpedo launchers - firering at every ship that got hostile to another one in the
spacestations vicinity.

Imagine a universe in which hostile robot fleets would patrol between planets seeking for human travelers to stop them from advancing further into robot territory.
If robots and players would be able to loot each other and regain the lost loot from one another if tracking down the successfull opponent after revive/respawn.
The loot would be locked untradeable for a set timeframe to allow to regain it, the time would only count down if the avatar was logged into entropia universe and in space pvp.
If someone else took the loot it could only be taken as whole package and the timer would be reset to count from start again. The package would sent a signal that could be tracked by the orginal owner.
A universe which you had to fight your way to get to your target destination.

Think about how it would be to have full stellar systems with lots of possible space mining locations and stations which could be claimed in landgrab style events.
It would be possible to fight to control certain space sectors, not only between players but also against robots and controlling a sector would allow to improve travel routes with higher security as well as earning tax from spaceactivities in such a protected sector.
Try to envision robots would be able to utilize warp mines just like players and that they would effect spacecrafts based on their travel speed and not on their warpdrive level.
Imagine small warpcapable spacecrafts for about 3-4 people that could utilize the lowest lvl warpdrives, privateers able to utilize up to the medium level warpdrives and motherships making use of the largest and most powerful drives.
It would be possible to fly lower warp speeds with each of the drives to reduce their decay or to go all out maximum speed for higher decay of the drives.
The power of the drives would allow smaller ships to gain higher speeds from the small drives due to having a lower mass, but the largest ships could run much more economical on the highest level warpdrives if traveling slow speeds and also travel the highest speeds if going for maximum decay.
Flying slow and economical would put ships in danger of running on warp mines places by other players or robots and get intercepted, each warp mine level would effect higher travel speeds.

Imagine all spacecrafts having transport capacities limited by amount of passengers and weight and that exceeding weight limitations would effect travel speed through subspace as well as warp speed up to the point where the mass would be to high to go on warp.
There would be acceleration limits for all spacecrafts and relative speeds instead of maximum speeds, allowing ships to close in on oneanother or escape if they made use at the right time by their acceleration capabilities.

All the higher level upgrades for spacecrafts would come from space and many important blueprints could only be aquired from crafting terminals located in space.
Imagine there would be a need to fight over the control of certain spacestations to get access to such a crafting terminal and that it all would be lootable pvp with the players having to estimate the risks they wanted to take. Imagine there would be battle factions that one could join/create and that only the faction controlling the station would be able to revive there.

Imagine there would be a shipyard in space that could be claimed to construct small/medium and large spacecrafts with respective long construction times and which would be needed to protect to not loose the running project to another faction.

Envision a space where solar storms and other cosmic dangers could influence and endanger spacetravels and even force people to choose another route to reach their target.
How it would be if pilots could choose the warpgatepoints they wanted to aproach on their travel based on their knowledge about space and actual cosmic dangers and not always aiming for the shortest way but the most secure one.

Imagine a space large enough to contain numerous stellar systems and allow players of all kinds to explore and discover remote locations.

All spacecrafts would have upgrade possibilties to enhance them with various radars, shields, weapons, armor plates.
All ships could be tiered and reaching a higher tier level would allow to install new upgrades.

Imagine a space in which spacecrafts could be entered by hostile enemies if their shields got shot down and their hull was considerably damaged in one section.
Where offline transport of stackables would not be possible and people would have to choose if they really wanted to transport all their posessions at once or maybe split them up for several flights or even insure them package them in containers and give a transport order to someone else.

This could be space - active, dangerous, challening, fair and fun.

No offense JB (Im not even gonna bother reading your post or any other about space anymore...less its by MA), but can someone for the love of cod please ban the word SPACE in the fucking forums. Its my flipping home, but dear god man, enough is enough....everybody just stfu about SPACE...SPACE...SPACE already ^^

Christ sakes........

Imagine the coding and bugs involved to make a Star Wars movie happen in game.

To be honest, I am with Daisy. Let's deal with what we got and forget the what-if's... I am so sick of hearing it over and over again, and I know I am not alone.

Some of the ideas sound really great, and alot of what others have said they would also like too.

Is nice to get a positive lokking forward to the future thread about space rather than all the whinging ones :D

Space is well over a year old now, has came a long way, and still has so much potential. :cool:

Sorry Stone and Daisy, but the abilty to loot back other players and reclaim lost loot wont need much coding and will for sure go to mindark via supportcase. There is just to much potential in creating decay in pvp environment for the same stack of loot again and again to not at least forward it once for consideration ;)

The other points listet in my suggestion should actually be nice for pirates as well as they open up more pvp possibilities and allow to transport stackables only while logged in.

But it had to be a complete view to make it fair for everyone.
If you want loot then be ready to fight for it and defend it.

Imagine the coding and bugs involved to make a Star Wars movie happen in game.

To be honest, I am with Daisy. Let's deal with what we got and forget the what-if's... I am so sick of hearing it over and over again, and I know I am not alone.

http://www.swtor.com/

i just wish space was more like space not that crap heap MA came up with, seems to me, the guys over at MA need more discovery channel in their lives

Snip snip ... wall of text

Despite the fact that you have posted some interesting ideas in the past, I can't say the same about the majority of this. :(

There is a clear pattern appearing in far too many of your suggestions, and that is basically whatever the suggestion is the MS will be best at it.

MS should quite rightly be great at some things, but the flip side is that they should be terrible at some, and simply not able to do others.

Lets take your warp drive idea as an example.

I agree that MS should be able to have the biggest and most powerful warp drives but only because MS should need the biggest and most powerful if they want to haul their fat ass across space faster than a drunken Cosmic Horror.

The idea that slower should equate to more economy than fast is good.

However, does the bigger and more powerful engine in a bus allow it to travel faster or more economically than the smaller and less powerful engine in a car?

Another prime example was when you mentioned gun range in another post, basically saying that the MS should be able to outrange everything.

MS is a carrier. It should have a potent close range defence, but it's primary offence and longer range defence should come from the fighters it can launch.

No way should the guns of an MS be able to outrange those on something like a Privateer!

Space is for all. Not just for MS. :wise:

Last edited:
This is the perfect version for EU, now this vision will haunt us forever... ;)

Thanks for your feedback Mandy, however maybe you should read closer into the complete view i showed. In current space there is one reason for motherships to have the highest range, which is that they are the slowest ships - with mindarks version of absolute speeds there is no other solution to be able to go on warp and make your flights. As long as motherships dont get the highest range it will always be possible to abort their warp with other ships or even to shoot them down from distance if enough attackers misuse their higher gunning range.
Look whereever you want the largest guns usually have the longest range, their disadvantage is their huge weight and immobilty - motherships in subwarp surly are meant to be some of the slowest ships as long as absolute speeds are kept within the universe and if mindark changes to relative speeds and acceration values then motherships should have the slowest accelerations as it still happens in an environment where mass is a deciding factor.
Giving any other ship which is faster then another also a higher gunning range is the best way to make pvp unfair and allow it to be exploited.

In regards to warpspeed, there is no doubt that a bus can transport more people cheaper to another location then a taxi - this is in regards to the economic thoughts and in regards to the maximum speed - look whereever you want in scifi literature - usually the biggest ships could host the largest machines and run the highest speeds but they are slower in acceleration and flexibilty in flight corrections. There is no way a small ship could utilize the energy levels that are needed to outrun a larger ship with much larger engines - only accerlation and flexibitly are the advantages of the small.
In regards to entropia universe, if a privateer could fly noticeably faster then a mothership while also being faster in subspace there would be no way a mothership could escape a fleet of privateers if they were out to hunt it down - even less if they got the higher gunning range that you wanted to see. If the smaller ships get the higher acceleration and can go faster on warp then the larger ships need to be able to fly faster maximum speeds to avoid it being unbalanced.
Please dont mix motherships with cargoships (which are not yet ingame) there is a huge difference between those. The motherships ability to launch fighters should not be meant to defend against long distance - since a mothership is the largest ship in space it should have no issue to have the largest turrets with the longest range but the larger the turrets and gus on ships the slower their tracking should be and thats where the balance comes into play - having a slow tracking would make motherships weak in close range combat and thats where launching own fighters makes sence to protect in close range while the huge turrets keep other large ships on distance.
Those posts of me about gunning range that you looked up also included the tracking part which i deem important to keep a balance and to give attacking fighters a reason to get in close range combat.

Dont bash on others when you only read parts of their posts your arguments might not fit then.

In current space there is one reason for motherships to have the highest range, which is that they are the slowest ships - with mindarks version of absolute speeds there is no other solution to be able to go on warp and make your flights. As long as motherships dont get the highest range it will always be possible to abort their warp with other ships or even to shoot them down from distance if enough attackers misuse their higher gunning range.

The fact that a single shot will abort warp is indeed an issue, but that's the way it currently is and it's the same for all warp capable ships.

MS have numerous options to deal with this, yet you claim there is none other than for an MS to have the longest range guns. :laugh:

You know that big open space at the back of the MS, the one that allows quads and sleips to fly in and out? It's called a hangar. Use it.

Launch some fighters, and scare the attacker off or shoot it down. Once you've mastered basic carrier tactics 101 you can always close the range between the MS and the attacker whilst it's being harassed by the fighters, and then you can use the MS guns.

It's worrying that Fleet Academy didn't teach you this. :duh: With such incompetent trainers it would however help explain why the Federal Imperial Navy was so utterly useless in their attempts to stop the Typhoon.

Look whereever you want the largest guns usually have the longest range, their disadvantage is their huge weight and immobilty

That isn't justification for MS to have the longest range guns though.

It also doesn't justify why, for example, another decent size ship such as a Privateer should not have some powerful, long range forward facing guns.

Furthermore, both in rl and sci-fi, really big guns are usually of the bombard variety. They aren't stuck in rotating turrets that can track mobile targets.

Giving any other ship which is faster then another also a higher gunning range is the best way to make pvp unfair and allow it to be exploited.

Using greater speed and range against an opponent is not an exploit. It's called tactics.

In regards to warpspeed, there is no doubt that a bus can transport more people cheaper to another location then a taxi - this is in regards to the economic thoughts and in regards to the maximum speed - look whereever you want in scifi literature - usually the biggest ships could host the largest machines and run the highest speeds but they are slower in acceleration and flexibilty in flight corrections.

The ability to carry more passengers and achieve greater economy via this isn't the point. The point is that the bus engine still costs significantly more to use than the one in the taxi.

As for sci-fi, yes the biggest ships can attain the highest warp speed, and they are usually warships. There are however plenty of other smaller ships, again usually warships, that can also achieve the highest warp speed.

I also didn't say that MS should not be fast in warp. It should however not be the outright fastest.

For simplicity lets say there are small, medium and large warp drives.

The small drive can fit all warp capable ships, allowing small ships to make decent range and speed jumps. The same drive in a Privateer allows medium jumps at a moderate speed, and in an MS short jumps at slow speed.

The medium drive is too big for smaller ships, but allows a Privateer to achieve maximum jump range and warp speed, and an MS medium jumps at moderate speed.

The large drive is too big for Privateers, but allows an MS to achieve maximum jump range and warp speed.

In regards to entropia universe, if a privateer could fly noticeably faster then a mothership while also being faster in subspace there would be no way a mothership could escape a fleet of privateers if they were out to hunt it down - even less if they got the higher gunning range that you wanted to see.

An MS hunted down and attacked by a fleet of Privateers should have few options other than fight. It certainly shouldn't have the option of simply running off!

The motherships ability to launch fighters should not be meant to defend against long distance - since a mothership is the largest ship in space it should have no issue to have the largest turrets with the longest range but the larger the turrets and gus on ships the slower their tracking should be and thats where the balance comes into play

That would make an MS both a carrier and a dreadnought.

Carriers have the ability to launch numerous fighters and other craft, but they don't have big, long range guns.

Dreadnoughts have the biggest, longest range guns, but they don't have the ability to launch numerous fighters and other craft.

Something that has both would be a military base or space station.

MS is a carrier! If there are not other large craft armed with guns that outrange those on an MS, then the MS will be completely unbalanced and therefore so will space.

having a slow tracking would make motherships weak in close range combat and thats where launching own fighters makes sence to protect in close range while the huge turrets keep other large ships on distance.
Those posts of me about gunning range that you looked up also included the tracking part which i deem important to keep a balance and to give attacking fighters a reason to get in close range combat.

At long range, slow tracking is a non issue because you don't need to make rapid or large adjustments to trajectory. This is especially true against larger targets.

If other large size ships are forced to enter close range in order to attack the MS, the size and speed of the attacker means that the chances of a turret being able to fire upon it are still high (19 gun stations in an MS? And yes I know they are not all operational at present), and it won't take a genius to work out where to move their turret in order to fire upon the attacker in a few seconds when it's moved a bit more.

Dont bash on others when you only read parts of their posts your arguments might not fit then.

If you consider disagreeing with your views to be bashing, especially after you were complimented on previous ideas, perhaps you need to refrain from posting on a public forum.

Tiny point to bear in mind...... MS have many unavailable gunner seats, and many unavailable guns on thier rear... clearly designed to be able to protect the body of the MS.

The layout currently means MS have seats that cant be used, guns that cant be fired, and a big huge ass. Privateers dont have this problem, as they have a craking big gun right on thier bum!

Sure launching quads works fine, and the gunner team quad fighters usually have a right laugh when doing it. However, id like to think that those rear guns and all those empty gunner seats were not put there as decoration, but to actually be used to protect the back of the ship.

Who knows... maybe armourment device X will open them ;)

Mandy i dont consider disagreeing with me bashing but when you quote me and change the quote to what you think is funny - you are certainly not having a 'grown up' conversation ;)
Neither does it show a polite and respectful behaviour which i deem needed for a serious conversation if you try to insult people.

Besides if you want to argue about ship classes and definitions based on what Eve uses then what you might have missed out is that mindark sold motherships in entropia calling them Titans of space and im sure you know which shipclass this actually is in Eve - its certainly not the small level pure carrier type mothership.
Besides you can not really compare eve motherships to entropia anyways, cause in eve those ships where operated by one person and others could fly out from the hangar - but in entropia such a ship is operated by up to 50 people and will therefor have a totally different design for battles.
In eve a mothership had only very few gun turrets - in entropia a mothership has more turrets then an eve ship could dream about.
I dont mind if mindark at some point implements a dreadnaught type ship, but this clearly is not there yet and so far we only have shuttles/fighters, privateer class ships (and im sure you know what the word privateer represents) and the shipclass that was sold as the to be upper end largest ship in space - even with future development in mind.

The reason, I would assume, for MS's having short range primary weapons would be because of it's ability to have a fighter group. Fighters would be you're first line of defense, farther out. MS's own guns would be the second line of defense, at shorter, yet far more powerful, short range. You wouldn't want long range guns shooting down you're own fighters, just the few (hopefully) pirates that break through and manage to get in close.
Geez, has no one ever watched Battlestar Gallactica?:dunce:

Edit: I don't believe MS's were meant to be used as taxi's, Privateers were. MS's, by design arre warships. MS's were meant to be out "slowboat" patrolling, with fighters out at range. When the call comes in for help, they recall the fighters, and warp to the location, send the fighter's back out to engage. Unfortunately the game and player base isn't at that point yet, so taxi's they are, and likely will be for a while. MA needs to fix the rear gunner on MS's, or announce, as one poster suggested, whether the extra gunners seats are part of upgrading. Though I feel, imo, that the MS's owners seem to consider having fighters as an afterthought, or a a secondary defense, relying to much on gunnery as a primary defense...which I think is a mistake.

Last edited:
One point to remember is that EU is composed of MANY players. Right now space is pretty lame for the average player. There needs to be affordable "fun" in space for the player who can spend anywhere from 500 ped to, say 10k ped or so on a nice space ship. I'd like to see dozens of craftable spaceship models available, some that can land on planet, others that are space-only. Since they're space ships, they should of course use resources from various different planets and from space mining and hunting :) Space won't really succeed as an EU destination until it's fun for the average player. Getting summoned to a mothership, then flying down to your destination is just utilitarian, it's not really fun. Nor is it fun to have to spend a lot of ped and unexpected time battling to reach my destination. At least for me.

I'd like to see dozens of craftable spaceship models available, some that can land on planet, others that are space-only. Since they're space ships, they should of course use resources from various different planets and from space mining and hunting
I've been hoping for that as well. I imaging being able to craft various class-specific hulls (Vehicle and Spacecraft Engineering). with various basic drives, warp drives, hull protection and weaponry to be "welded" on by someone skilled in Vehicle Structural Engineer and Spacecraft Engineering after sale. Space stations would more than just a revive center, they would places where people would go to get upgrades and upgrade parts for there ships, and traders going back and forth between the planet and the SS, trading planet loot for space loot and vise versa. Crafting stations and AH for space also on board (there is a"planet" section in AH for space, but since there's no AH guy, or even a craft machine, kind useless).

I've been hoping for that as well. I imaging being able to craft various class-specific hulls (Vehicle and Spacecraft Engineering). with various basic drives, warp drives, hull protection and weaponry to be "welded" on by someone skilled in Vehicle Structural Engineer and Spacecraft Engineering after sale. Space stations would more than just a revive center, they would places where people would go to get upgrades and upgrade parts for there ships, and traders going back and forth between the planet and the SS, trading planet loot for space loot and vise versa. Crafting stations and AH for space also on board (there is a"planet" section in AH for space, but since there's no AH guy, or even a craft machine, kind useless).

I'd love to see that as well. Space BPs only lootable when crafting in space.... There is a crafting terminal at Howling Mine, but I'm not sure it's ever been used. :)

I'd love to see that as well. Space BPs only lootable when crafting in space.... There is a crafting terminal at Howling Mine, but I'm not sure it's ever been used. :)

We took tonnes of stackables to the one at pirate base in the early days, and John stood and clicked relevant bps all day long.... Nothing :(

Not to say that it may have changed sneakily one vu though...

Bump for something 9 years in the waiting - please give us space beyond its current alpha/beta stage.

2012 and promise still not kept.

They should either fully develop space or give planet to planet teleports, but this middle ground is lame for everyone.

some nice ideas but i think if large motherships are going to have such devastating damage as well as long range then a projectile launched such as a quantum torpedo or something should be slower to launch and have a much slower speed, tracking the heat signature of its target forcing the target ship to either try to out run the torpedo or launch a decoy so it will hit that instead but if that thing goes off and they are too close then they will ofc suffer heavy damage ;]

i also liked the lootback idea and was along another similar idea i was trying to think of for land and space, and i think i might have the solution as to how, and thats to have lockable transport containers that contain the loot

the idea behind this is is if the person or vehicle or ship etc is killed or destroyed and this transport container looted it cant be opened until a timer runs out

also while it is in the looters hands it emits a faint tracking signal beacon that would sort of appear as a mini mission, possibly either showing a rough location of where it is on the map, or setting a waypoint on screen of its approximate range and location, each time it changes hands the timer is reset, kinda like loot pass the parcel lol so no matter where it is space or planet the owner/trackers can hunt it down and attempt to get it back

however b4 any1 else points it out ive also spotted 1 fatal flaw in this.. what happens if they reach a planet or area of space where its no longer lootable?... well only way i can think of to combat this is for the timer that currently exists when we leave lootable to reflect the timer on the box so it doent matter if they are in a non pvp or non lootable zone they can still be killed and looted so long as the timer is still running on that box

another question i could think of is what happens when the box changes hands several times? will the original owner and tracker still be able to track it? and what about the others that it passed thru can they also track it? and how?

that 1 took a few mins to think about lol and i think perhaps a tracking device could be either crafted or bought and u can only track the box that it was paired to so multiple people can be tracking the box so long as the tracker is fully repaired and functional and the timer has not yet expired on the box, once the box has opened then the box and all the trackers stop their tracking function and self destruct, rendering them no longer usable and a new 1 must be purchased if it was L or the ul version repaired

i think this would be great fun and for those paying attention if they spot this player they might see the timer icon on their health bar and also attempt to take this box from them however they will not be able to loot the box if they do not posses a tracker device to pair to the box so that they can also join in on the hunt ;]

there is however 1 other problem i thought of and im not sure ifs its possible to fix and thats cheaters who think ha il just enter an instance or hide in my estate till the timer runs out heh heh ... well i think if possible they could be blocked from entering instances or estates including motherships or anywhere else where others would not be able to get to them, or for the box to threaten to self destruct destroying the contents, or teleport them back out of their estate to a nearby random location, which could be dangerous if in space if they tried to hide in a mothership they may find themselves teleported to space and die leaving the box where they died lol

oh and if they think they can log out with it no they cant the timer would pause and allow 10mins only for the player to recconect or it would be dropped ;]

it would certainly be a interesting experience and fun for pirates looters and hunters alike

i would rep all the ideas and comments i like but apparently i cant for 24hrs i only found out how today and was catching up ..hopefully il remember ;]

Looking back at this thread from 2012 i realize i may have been the one giving initial ideas to introduce weight limits in space - but instead of making a balanced accross the board aproach mindark just sold equus/firebirds in 2015 with weight restrictions that could easily be surpassed and left the rest of suggestions untouched - these suggestions were and are still meant as a holistic balancing aproach to space and not something to cherrypick - as just taking a part without considering the conesquences destroys the intended balance.

I do realize the tendancy now is more to a space that is half non-lootable and half lootable and it has certainly accomplished to end the space station camping and allowed more players to make their first steps into space without the risk of personal loss - this was a good start for the balance of space but much still remains to be done including a fix to the now pointless warpgatepoints if half of them remain in non-lootable areas - the very concept for warpgatepoints was to be the focal point of assault on warpships of any kind - such an assault will never happen in non-lootable with the current costs of killing big spacecrafts.

Nvm

Didnt realize it was such an old thread already.

Last edited:
Didnt realize it was such an old thread already.

The age of the post hasn't changed the ideas, nor has the desire for changes and ideas for space changed.

Personally, I'd like to see proper vector space and inertia implemented (but maybe not gravity, as the effect would be fairly small most of the time compared to engine powers), plus 3D radar and a variety of ship mods etc etc.

Even so, a lot less would still be a whole lot more ;)

Back