A sweaters rant.

I have no problem with sweaters. I started out for months doing it, but early on I realized that if i was going to sweat between deposits, I was going to need to supliment my "free" income. I fapped, traded, did errands, etc for people. I didn't put all my hopes in one activity. Not putting anyone down but when I read people saying omgz price of this sweat suckzor so badz I think one thing.

Learn to adapt. Learn the market.

As for anyone blaming sweaters for bad loot returns, those people are pretty stupid to me and are noobish. I doubt a 1 pec 1000 sweat stack really affects the loot pool :laugh:

I posted this many times and maybe this be the last time i bother with it. I know some enjoy sweat for skills and such, but if we talking money for time spent why not go walking? You can make 2 to 5x the peds for the same effort. Maybe even not have to spend all your time sweating and actually get to play eu more than 30 to 60 minute spurts of time.

kosmos

oh and ps if sweat was gone i don't think eu would die but i sure know a large segment of the population would be pissed off. did the game die when sweat was gone during sga?

I think what most people mean when they complain about "Sweaters" is something along the following lines:

Sweating was introduced my MA basically as a way to get new players into the game. The idea was that they quickly move on and become "Depositers" thus providing financial support for the game.

This was easier a few years ago because you could sweat for a couple of hours and then sell the sweat you had gathered and purchase a weapon and a lot of ammo.

This is no longer possible because the price of sweat has sunk to a level where you need to do an awful lot of sweating in order to make sufficient money to buy said weapon and ammo. The price of sweat has gone down so much because there is an oversupply of sweat.

The argument goes that this turns off new players who just go away instead of going on to become regular players who contribute money to MAs coffers.

I think this last point is the reason for complaints against sweaters.

Perhaps the newly introduced "portal" will help new players in this manner so that sweating becomes less important as a way of attracting and retaining new players.

I think what most people mean when they complain about "Sweaters" is something along the following lines:

Sweating was introduced my MA basically as a way to get new players into the game. The idea was that they quickly move on and become "Depositers" thus providing financial support for the game.

This was easier a few years ago because you could sweat for a couple of hours and then sell the sweat you had gathered and purchase a weapon and a lot of ammo.

This is no longer possible because the price of sweat has sunk to a level where you need to do an awful lot of sweating in order to make sufficient money to buy said weapon and ammo. The price of sweat has gone down so much because there is an oversupply of sweat.

The argument goes that this turns off new players who just go away instead of going on to become regular players who contribute money to MAs coffers.

I think this last point is the reason for complaints against sweaters.

Perhaps the newly introduced "portal" will help new players in this manner so that sweating becomes less important as a way of attracting and retaining new players.

The new rookie equipment in TT is very cheap and the new puny mobs are great, now the sweaters can sweat a couple of hours and have fun hunting puny mobs for a while or doing BIG (10 ped :)) mining runs before going back to sweating.

It was a great move from FPC.

A point tho:
Don't sell your sweat for less than 4 PED/1k.
If you can't sell it, stash it and sweat some more (or tp run, take a walk looking for fruit/Rox, chat a bit). Be paitent.
By the time you find a buyer you'll have a ton of sweat and will be able to actually do something with the ped. I mean, I know how fast I can blow through 3-6 ped...

I see people all the time lowballing the sweaters (AND the miners - oops, different rant) and it's just not cool imo.
Tippin'

I'm a part-time sweater, part-time...everything-but-manufacturing, and I can say I spend a lot of time at Twin Peaks watching people trying to sell their sweat for 4/k, 3.5/k, and even 3.25/k, and the people who buy may only be buying 1-2k...

Unfortunately the price of ME is so low that buying for 3PED/k sweat and nexus at 102% after refining is 13.51PED, which means the price of ME has to be at least 136% (126% with better refiner), and it takes an extra 10% to bump the price of sweat up 0.1/k. ME is 145% on auction, often times 140% on street these days - the people who can do anything with sweat are mostly people turning them into ME, so unless some sort of supply/demand changes it's hard to sell for anything much higher than 3 or even 3.2 if someone's only doing it to help the newbies and not for-profit.

I'm not saying that someone shouldn't be patient and try for 4PED/k for a few days, but I also don't necessarily advise storing it up and hoping for a good day too long - look at all those sweaters who listened to people who said don't sell for less than 5 (admittedly I was able to sell for 5 at the time), and now the sweat price fell. I once knew someone said he stored up 100k sweat waiting for that price and never found it.

Edit: hey aj... it's tally :p Not sure I woulda written this all up if I noticed it was you to begin with since I've already hashed out all the math with you previously lol. Still backing up my point though!

I'm a part-time sweater, part-time...everything-but-manufacturing, and I can say I spend a lot of time at Twin Peaks watching people trying to sell their sweat for 4/k, 3.5/k, and even 3.25/k, and the people who buy may only be buying 1-2k...

Unfortunately the price of ME is so low that buying for 3PED/k sweat and nexus at 102% after refining is 13.51PED, which means the price of ME has to be at least 136% (126% with better refiner), and it takes an extra 10% to bump the price of sweat up 0.1/k. ME is 145% on auction, often times 140% on street these days - the people who can do anything with sweat are mostly people turning them into ME, so unless some sort of supply/demand changes it's hard to sell for anything much higher than 3 or even 3.2 if someone's only doing it to help the newbies and not for-profit.

I'm not saying that someone shouldn't be patient and try for 4PED/k for a few days, but I also don't necessarily advise storing it up and hoping for a good day too long - look at all those sweaters who listened to people who said don't sell for less than 5 (admittedly I was able to sell for 5 at the time), and now the sweat price fell. I once knew someone said he stored up 100k sweat waiting for that price and never found it.

Edit: hey aj... it's tally :p Not sure I woulda written this all up if I noticed it was you to begin with since I've already hashed out all the math with you previously lol. Still backing up my point though!

good post.

i offered someone at neas 4 ped per 1k and he said i wasn't fair and he could get 5 ped easily.

i went to auction and paid 138% for 55 peds of ME.

guess he lost out ;)

kosmos

And to recap my points quickly here again.

Sweaters should overall not complain, at the moment the market for sweating is tough. But so are many other markets. Not much to do than hope a change will come around and hopefully change it. Perhapse reintroducing a sweat cap will sort it out. There are many sweaters who whine a lot about it etc, I think its the wrong way of getting attention to an issue but thats not what this post is about. Just hope they stop the whining and become more constructive.

People should get off sweaters backs, you can see it clearly in this post where some people just have to bash around etc as they seem to think they are better people than ones who chose to sweat. This will probably never change because there are a lot of people who has issues and need someone to blame for their own failiures etc, this is a common thing in everyday life so its quite normal it exists in Entropia also. Smal people who need to bully to make themselves heard, think about the guy who pushes other kids around on the playground.

What I am a bit surprised of is that people only see sweating as an issue for playing for "free". Trading for it or other ways to gain free profit is never jumped on etc. Would be interesting to hear why the bashers never comment on that. Maybe we should try to get a little interview with one of them and see why this is the case? Think it could give some interesting answers indeed, and if not, very amuzing answers.

Derid

maybee a bit offtopic but i can only see sweat price go down more with the introduction of more vehicles.
The good part is that oil (wich is gathered by 'paying' players) get's a bit more mu.
I think the sweaters can only hope for more MF chips to drop.
& as Kos pointed out b4.. nothing wrong with exploring a bit & look for some stones, you'd be suprised how often you can find them.
As for a sweatcap, I doubt it will do much good to the mu.

It's all a matter of Pecking Order. You see, everyone always complains about those who are lower than themselves on the pecking order.

1. Ubers
2. High Level Players
3. Mid Level Players
4. Low Level Players
5. Chipped out Players who just hang out now and pass on knowledge
6. Professional Sweaters
7. Low Level Players who think that they are High Level Players
8. New Sweaters
9. Forum Trolls*
10 Chipped out Players who just hang out now and complain*
11 Beggars
12 Day-Old Noobs who get an uber Hof
13 People who come up with fund-my-gameplay "investment" schemes
14 Scammers
15 Trust Scammers

Now in general, people will always be annoyed by those who are lower than themself on the pecking order. The people who they complain about then become resentful of the ones doing the complaining.

A good strategy that you could try when someone is complaining about you would be to find another player who is lower than you on the Pecking Order and bag on him for a while. It will make you feel very superior, as well as pass the time while you are out sweating.

Judging from your history, as seen in your thread, I can see that you are a very fast learner, so you might want to try some of the advanced options. These include Bashing on multiple types of Lower Pecking Order players simultaneously, placing someone into two or more different Pecking Order levels at once and then bashing him for both, and my personal favorite -- the Organized Bashfest, where you gather a group of people together and then make bashing the Lower Pecking Order person a group sport.

Just be careful not to try to insult a person who is higher than you on the Pecking Order or he will declare you a noob.

GL to ya, Derid. Remember us little people when you are an uber.

-fish

*These two entries will both complain about each other, so their order here is arbitrary and could be interchanged as needed.

*These two entries will both complain about each other, so their order here is arbitrary and could be interchanged as needed.

those are the people i ask myself often why the hell do they bother with the forums, eu, or even typing anything on the internet. Nerds I tell ya nerds.. (note i label myself as a happy nerd not a hater one :laugh:)

:( i am sorry for the off topic but fish's post was funny and true

It's all a matter of Pecking Order. You see, everyone always complains about those who are lower than themselves on the pecking order.

1. Ubers
2. High Level Players
3. Mid Level Players
4. Low Level Players
5. Chipped out Players who just hang out now and pass on knowledge
6. Professional Sweaters
7. Low Level Players who think that they are High Level Players
8. New Sweaters
9. Forum Trolls*
10 Chipped out Players who just hang out now and complain*
11 Beggars
12 Day-Old Noobs who get an uber Hof
13 People who come up with fund-my-gameplay "investment" schemes
14 Scammers
15 Trust Scammers

Haha, you are one of a kind Fishy. :lolup:

hmm, I see myself as a 6 and a 7, that make me a 13? :eyecrazy:

But sad part, you actually have a point with this post that is quite spot on.

Derid

ps. The day I am an uber is the day that MA declares bankrupcy and all ingame investments disappear.

pss. The day I am an uber is when I need to move out of my mothers basement.

maybee a bit offtopic but i can only see sweat price go down more with the introduction of more vehicles.
The good part is that oil (wich is gathered by 'paying' players) get's a bit more mu.
I think the sweaters can only hope for more MF chips to drop.
& as Kos pointed out b4.. nothing wrong with exploring a bit & look for some stones, you'd be suprised how often you can find them.
As for a sweatcap, I doubt it will do much good to the mu.

You are correct my friend. The price will keep going down if they don't add something more that uses vibrant sweat in MF, or somewhere else. But not much to do about that, if MA wants it like that, thats how it will be.

Aye, I walk quite a lot myself picking up fruit and stone as a lil bonus. I actually walk mostly when I go to places and hope to get some stuff on the way.

I think some sweaters hate themselves. Last night there was some guy at PA spamming global chat about selling 1k bundles of sweat for 2 peds. Geesh, I thought 3 ped per k was bad... the buyers aren't the ones bringing the prices down. It's the sweaters themselves.

I think some sweaters hate themselves. Last night there was some guy at PA spamming global chat about selling 1k bundles of sweat for 2 peds. Geesh, I thought 3 ped per k was bad... the buyers aren't the ones bringing the prices down. It's the sweaters themselves.

supply and demand so you are right ;) not the way you meant though but it ultimately leads to that yeah

<-- realized this after almost 3 years of sweating

Sweatocide ftw!
I think this activity is not self-degrading enough, let's replace the sweat with pee or dung. :smoke:

If you can't stand sweaters then do your own sweating :p

I saw someone selling for 1 ped per k. I ended up buying from him for a few more, couldn't stand to watch it.

As for the future of sweat: Has the speed buff/nerf chips dropped yet. Perhaps they use standard ME? Hopefully that will raise the demand.

I like sweating!!!

Hi I'm a noob that doesn't mind sweating. I can't afford to deposit so I have to work for my PEDs not expect someone to give them to me. My plan is to get 100k of sweat then sell and buy a vehicle and do some mining. Right now I have 2.5 k of sweat so it'll be a while but nothing is free especially since PEDs have a real money value. I find sweating with FERT works rly well because they don't complain and know how to make a circle lol. These guys r the dedicated players who r determined to work for their own PEDs and have fun doing it because we have good conversations and don't complain about the work. :)

Hi I'm a noob that doesn't mind sweating. I can't afford to deposit so I have to work for my PEDs not expect someone to give them to me. My plan is to get 100k of sweat then sell and buy a vehicle and do some mining. Right now I have 2.5 k of sweat so it'll be a while but nothing is free especially since PEDs have a real money value. I find sweating with FERT works rly well because they don't complain and know how to make a circle lol. These guys r the dedicated players who r determined to work for their own PEDs and have fun doing it because we have good conversations and don't complain about the work. :)
With the payout rate of sweat, you'd likely get a LOT further picking up a part time job irl... and/or just picking up a hobby. If you have a digital camera, maybe try selling some stock photos on various online websites? At least then you'll get a little Vitamin D from being outside sometimes.

With the payout rate of sweat, you'd likely get a LOT further picking up a part time job irl... and/or just picking up a hobby. If you have a digital camera, maybe try selling some stock photos on various online websites? At least then you'll get a little Vitamin D from being outside sometimes.

Ignore Mastermesh's comments here..again Mastermesh fails to see what you say. (in reference to the above post.)

I'd neg rep you but i can't be bothered.
Maybe YOU should go outside instead of trolling.

lol yeah im in university this isnt my job or anything but its fun and i can eventually make money :)

Back