Suggestion: A TWEN event for crafters & miners too...

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Unfortunately some of us can't (or won't) hunt, whatever the reasons, doesn't matter. Some of us have worked on crafting or mining for so long, we have become heavily invested in those areas.

Perhaps, we should just be grateful that there is a hunting event at all, which will spur activity in EU, which in turn will raise demand for crafted items for hunting such as ArMatrix and AP armor plates...

Increasingly though, the competition in those markets has been fierce, and margins have been shrinking.

It isn't unusual (at least for me), to burn through 20k ped while fishing for Impact plate BPs only to realize the whole run on Gizmos was just a massive loss, and to end up at the end asking myself:"Why do I keep doing this...?"

So I hope, for TWEN, that for those of us stuck at the crafting machine, trying to leverage our skills for something good, there will be better prizes than just the usual AP-xx Impact plate BPs and ArMatrix LR-65 blueprints...

I hope MA can figure out a way to make it interesting for crafters and miners as well.

Cheers,
Legends

i agree! i think they would add some loot for miners and crafters. like crafter get twen UL bps for weapons/armors/amps and miners can get something like twen ul tm finders or twen ul mining amps, even armor that gives increased excavator speed and effectiveness. just something, mining and crafting hasn't had love in a long time.

I feel like MA tried to do crafting events with the export initiative, and we will probably see these more in the future. But these are quite lazily done and all it does is reward who can sell the most, not craft. Be good if they changed this.
Still, I do like the markup.

The idea of dropping tokens, like done in hunting in the last, makes sense across the board. There already is some mechanic at play for mining similar to the RDI mining event where amping increased the likelihood of drops. It’d be a major balancing task, especially if the tokens could be used for other professions (e.g., buying weapons from crafting tokens), but if the reward is limited to that profession, it could work pretty slick without messing with markets too badly.

Last edited:
They did say their working on something new for twen that’s different than fen so maybe they already are doing some of this

Just hope its not just tokens , item drops are what brings excitement to events.

This got so rough, in the run up to FEN, definitely part of why I walked away.

They DID, however, come up with some items and activities for the other players, IIRC - even though it may have been lackluster compared to the hunting stuff - it was great to see some effort put on the table.

Part of the situation though became that so many people were mad and walking away, I don't think that it really resulted in a ton of response. I can't remember the specifics without digging of what they did so I won't attempt to critique that here. It was such a change, at the time, to see them put any effort in that direction at all that it was "great", even if it was stuff that primarily affected larger bankroll players, that's also in line with the hunting stuff.

I have been tempted to link to my old post about how "a few UL rubios won't break the game" :rofl: because they eventually put out the mayhem azuros and people seem pretty crazy about that. As long as they are rare and thus only in the hands of hardcore players, they're actually somewhat risky to the game. I don't believe that if they had dropped 1000 FEN rubios, it would have created 1000 DrGirlfriends, though.

But IIRC they did get some FEN drops in and other items to help the non-hunting players at least feel involved.

LOL I just accidentally necro'd an old FEN thread because of this. Totally my bad, but maybe it's not the worst thing to happen.

🤞

They've had a long time to think about it. I'm going to agree with DrGirlfriend and stay optimistic. Despite the very long-standing issues, I am definitely enjoying the game again right now, and I hope to continue.

Good idea. Mining and crafting are 2 of the 3 main professions in game, yet 99% of all the official events are for hunters. And if you don't want to hunt, no event for you.

If mining is not included I’m done… quit.. see you in a few years.

Why did we even decide that the event will be?
Why did we, by collective consciousness, have already given this name?
Why are we already inventing rewards?
We will leave MA without work.

Why did we even decide that the event will be?
Why did we, by collective consciousness, have already given this name?
Why are we already inventing rewards?
We will leave MA without work.
I was thinking that the other day,

Who make the name TWEN first? MA or us?

Who make the name TWEN first? MA or us?
This was done independently by many people, because it is most logical continuing the principle.
I have not seen a single mention of MA. (Maybe it was already, but I have not seen)

This is an acute reversal of what miners/crafters wanted 5-10 years ago; the predominant opinion at the time was for official events to say out of those spaces, for exactly the reason that they would increase competition and decrease margins even further. I think 99% of events are for hunters because miners/crafters had reason not to want them. I'm not really taking a side here, just recounting the arguments of past miners/crafters as I think there's some warrant for both sides.

This is an acute reversal of what miners/crafters wanted 5-10 years ago

Wow I'd say a little longer than that, or maybe it's just the people we talk to.

Then again I don't remember when they re-did the crafting machine. I mentioned this in another thread but since macro/botting isn't really a factor there any more, maybe a revisit would leave people feeling less at risk.

In any case, if the crafting machines would drop tokens the same as the hunting event (TT in = rng token chance) the crafters would literally be participating in the same event.

Frankly if they wanted they could make tiered BPS just EP of something that's TWEN Contest Widgets 1 - 10.

Uber stuff like UL Blueprints for some (L) TWEN items

Little stuff like (L) blueprints for (L) TWEN Items

Other event items can be crafted as well. TWEN clothes. last time people suggested party favaors.

Miners can participate, the same. In the same event. Tokens can drop. Seasonal boxes can drop. I've played this game on and off for 12 ish years now, I've dropped hundreds of probes. Maybe a couple of thousand (yes, I know...) and never seen a SOTO window. ACK, imagine being a noob with a rookie finder and a TWEN box pops up on your drop?

Ahhh I don't want to write a book on this :rofl:

The existing event model can be more inclusive. It's understandable that these professions don't have much in the way of "contests" or "competition" between players. They're not that kind of thing, they don't provide the adrenaline type of thrill (other than a gambler's rush) and the people who do them a lot aren't usually competitive in that way (PVP) so much.

Nonetheless these big events are celebrations and not really contests. All systems are available for highlighting the occasion, and distributing both bonus and commemorative items.

EDIT: LOL I can hear the opposite then, hunters on how they're "Forced to macro" because crafters can auto-click for tokens :LOL:

I'm not trying to ignore balance issues, or whatever. The hunting stuff can surely be seen as a "contest within the overall event". Still when that's basically all people see going on - then it's just another seasonal mayhem but with some t-shirts at a vendor... or whatever.

Last edited:
This is an acute reversal of what miners/crafters wanted 5-10 years ago; the predominant opinion at the time was for official events to say out of those spaces, for exactly the reason that they would increase competition and decrease margins even further. I think 99% of events are for hunters because miners/crafters had reason not to want them. I'm not really taking a side here, just recounting the arguments of past miners/crafters as I think there's some warrant for both sides.
With EP there is no concept of that anymore with crafters, the people who complained just do EP now

Wow I'd say a little longer than that, or maybe it's just the people we talk to.

Then again I don't remember when they re-did the crafting machine. I mentioned this in another thread but since macro/botting isn't really a factor there any more, maybe a revisit would leave people feeling less at risk.

In any case, if the crafting machines would drop tokens the same as the hunting event (TT in = rng token chance) the crafters would literally be participating in the same event.

Frankly if they wanted they could make tiered BPS just EP of something that's TWEN Contest Widgets 1 - 10.

Uber stuff like UL Blueprints for some (L) TWEN items

Little stuff like (L) blueprints for (L) TWEN Items

Other event items can be crafted as well. TWEN clothes. last time people suggested party favaors.

Miners can participate, the same. In the same event. Tokens can drop. Seasonal boxes can drop. I've played this game on and off for 12 ish years now, I've dropped hundreds of probes. Maybe a couple of thousand (yes, I know...) and never seen a SOTO window. ACK, imagine being a noob with a rookie finder and a TWEN box pops up on your drop?

Ahhh I don't want to write a book on this :rofl:

The existing event model can be more inclusive. It's understandable that these professions don't have much in the way of "contests" or "competition" between players. They're not that kind of thing, they don't provide the adrenaline type of thrill (other than a gambler's rush) and the people who do them a lot aren't usually competitive in that way (PVP) so much.

Nonetheless these big events are celebrations and not really contests. All systems are available for highlighting the occasion, and distributing both bonus and commemorative items.
Holy shit that’s gotta be the best idea I’ve seen,

“TWEN component” as a bp to craft a useless item that you can TT, make it use muscle oil and other low mu items, get the EP people swapped over to real crafting again.

That way no competition with other crafting and it gets people out of the EP habbit for a bit. The crafted item would be useless so you could just craft it and auto sell .

Since it’s a temporary event BP have a vendor sell the L bp versions for TT cost so that people don’t waste effort increasing the Bp quality for a temporary print and it levels the field in terms of success rate

You know, there are so many ways to do involve the other 2 professions that at this point, it's practically a crime NOT to do so..

One particular idea I had was as follows:

Hunters loot TWEN strongboxes in mobs, crafters loot some rare clicks for making the keys to open them. At the end of the day though, those keys will have to be plentyfull in comparisson to the strongboxes; wouldn't want to have boxes leftover afterwards for a lack of keys, that would be a real shame. So that means that the keys won't be worth as much as the boxes themselves and that's ok, cause crafters benefit a lot during events like this anyway.

Miners can loot TWEN strongboxes too and also special TWEN beacons that allows hunters access to a TWEN instance (solo and team) with RX and other special TWEN only mobs.

All TWEN items would come from the TWEN strongboxes (which anyone can open regardless of skills of profession) and the loot in the TWEN beacon instance. No token vendors!

Since most of the TWEN Edition items will be hunting related anyway, it makes sense that hunters shall have priority access to them. But please try to bring in the other 2 professions on it somehow, by doing something similar to the above as an example.

Just some ideas..

Lol obviously this is a joke, it's just the same old crap that MA has been doing since about a decade now... I was testing you and actually I'm surprised I didn't get any dislikes.

But seriously, what MA has been doing for over a decade is cattering to the hunters, alligning the other professions to catter to hunters, and actually, "removing" crafting and mining opportunities and giving them back to hunters so as to remove the middleman so to speak. What do I mean by that?

Well for example, all of these upgrade missions in practice "remove the middleman", it places control back under the hunters themselves and removes opportunities that traditionally, crafters and miners used to have (when better armors were provided by crafters, think Phantom, Ghoul). If hunters wanted better armors, they used to have to get them from Crafters, and both crafters and miners benefitted from this opportunity. Now hunters mostly just loot what's needed themselves and make their own armors.

The game is full of examples like this, that is just 1 thing. So for miners and crafters, Entropia has been a game of attrition of sorts, with fewer and fewer opportunities, so for the few items left worth crafting, there has been an increased level of competition.

Mining and Crafting need to made great again. Part of it is to allow players to build their loadouts in a similar way that hunters can do this today.

Loadout:
"Noun. loadout (countable and uncountable, plural loadouts) (originally military) The set of objects to be carried into battle; all that one needs for a specific purpose. quotations ▼ (by extension, video games) A set of items and abilities chosen by the player before embarking on an in-game mission."

Hunters have several fronts they work on: Protection, Healing, DPS, Skills, Buffs (pets, rings/accessories, pills), etc...

Unfortunately, miners and crafters have only a couple things really that they can work on. Both of these professions are in serious need of a total overhaul.

I think MA's rationale for favoring the hunting profession has been because that's the most popular activity. Perhaps it has been the most popular activity because it is a lot more fleshed-out then the others. If Mining had been, as a game activity, really well developped and designed in a way that is very interesting and rewarding, perhaps there would be just as many miners today as there are hunters. It's kind of a chicken or the egg dilemna..

I'm currently working on a post to explain how to take mining to the next level and hopefully will be posting it in the next 2 weeks. For crafting it's a little tricky but somehow, MA needs to figure out how to take that one to the next level as well.

Last edited:
Yeah events aside there is a lot.

Your post made me think of crafting machine attachments and tbh, first impression was negative. I soon realized that since I've been out it seems they've added some gear that affects crafting skills. That seems pretty reasonable and in line with trends in the game.

And that leaves me thinking that there are really a few modifiers at play, of they wanted to expose them, or apply more profession-specific bonuses too. On the surface crafting is a lot simpler than hunting, but I guess it's really just a lot more opaque.

There are pets with excavation bonuses. I haven't seen any crafting? This system does seem easier to apply to miners, we could auto-extract. IDK a little harder to get excited about something that's already one-click auto tooled. With an eye towards nutrio consumption vs. refiner decay maybe a speed boost would make it attractive. I have no idea though what would be a similar boost in the current crafting system.

Over the scope of the whole game, there's a lot that could be brought into play. With (probably) most of their focus on conversion for a minute - I wouldn't expect to see many wholly new game mechanics develop soon.

Yeah events aside there is a lot.

Your post made me think of crafting machine attachments and tbh, first impression was negative. I soon realized that since I've been out it seems they've added some gear that affects crafting skills. That seems pretty reasonable and in line with trends in the game.

And that leaves me thinking that there are really a few modifiers at play, of they wanted to expose them, or apply more profession-specific bonuses too. On the surface crafting is a lot simpler than hunting, but I guess it's really just a lot more opaque.

There are pets with excavation bonuses. I haven't seen any crafting? This system does seem easier to apply to miners, we could auto-extract. IDK a little harder to get excited about something that's already one-click auto tooled. With an eye towards nutrio consumption vs. refiner decay maybe a speed boost would make it attractive. I have no idea though what would be a similar boost in the current crafting system.

Over the scope of the whole game, there's a lot that could be brought into play. With (probably) most of their focus on conversion for a minute - I wouldn't expect to see many wholly new game mechanics develop soon.

No, won't be until Unreal 5, but now is the time to start talking about ideas, before MA gets too far into programming them in the new game. They have been gathering feedback from players, but mostly just in regards to UI and graphics and not so much about the important stuff like the role of professions and what we think these should look and feel like.

For mining, I really hope MA splits up Surveying/Prospecting more from Extracting. Traditionally in mining, finding the resource in the first place is a specialty in itself and some companies do this exclusively. I hope that "Claims" will last for years, and have opportunities to be further developped, as opposed to the current model where you just have an hour or something silly like that. Claims could be traded like deeds, that would be a market all on it's own. Players that specialize in Extracting could take them over and develop the properties to make them profitable.

Just that alone all of a sudden opens up mining to be much more engaging and interesting, and rewarding.

A Miner could "optimize" his loadout for Extracting over Surveying, Ore over EnMatter or Treasure. Lots of possibilities.

I think the future of mining looks very different than what hunting looks like. Right now, Mining looks a lot like hunting where players are looking for MU and in the process, are just doing a very repetitive action in seeking to find that MU. Booooriiing... it's just a grindfest, any profession you do, anything you do in game is just a god-damn grindfest.

Mining could be so much more than that, and so could crafting.

I think the future of crafting lies in Settlements, in the factories that we will one day be able to build there.

I think crafting will be more like in Eve Online where there is a limited number of assembly lines and where crafting takes a certain amount of time as opposed to pinning someone to the crafting machine the whole time. Instead you'll be able to configure your crafting run, start it and then go do whatever you want in the game; go trade or go hunt or mine, whatever.

No, won't be until Unreal 5, but now is the time to start talking about ideas, before MA gets too far into programming them in the new game. They have been gathering feedback from players, but mostly just in regards to UI and graphics and not so much about the important stuff like the role of professions and what we think these should look and feel like.

For mining, I really hope MA splits up Surveying/Prospecting more from Extracting. Traditionally in mining, finding the resource in the first place is a specialty in itself and some companies do this exclusively. I hope that "Claims" will last for years, and have opportunities to be further developped, as opposed to the current model where you just have an hour or something silly like that. Claims could be traded like deeds, that would be a market all on it's own. Players that specialize in Extracting could take them over and develop the properties to make them profitable.

Just that alone all of a sudden opens up mining to be much more engaging and interesting, and rewarding.

A Miner could "optimize" his loadout for Extracting over Surveying, Ore over EnMatter or Treasure. Lots of possibilities.

I think the future of mining looks very different than what hunting looks like. Right now, Mining looks a lot like hunting where players are looking for MU and in the process, are just doing a very repetitive action in seeking to find that MU. Booooriiing... it's just a grindfest, any profession you do, anything you do in game is just a god-damn grindfest.

Mining could be so much more than that, and so could crafting.

I think the future of crafting lies in Settlements, in the factories that we will one day be able to build there.

I think crafting will be more like in Eve Online where there is a limited number of assembly lines and where crafting takes a certain amount of time as opposed to pinning someone to the crafting machine the whole time. Instead you'll be able to configure your crafting run, start it and then go do whatever you want in the game; go trade or go hunt or mine, whatever.
Claims used to be tradable and last for a week but they changed that so I’m sure there’s a reason that’s a bad idea

Back