Question: About LA...

Zingking

Guardian
Okay so I have a few questions about land areas that I hope all can answer.
1) Does Mindark charge a fee (monthly or something) for owning a land area?
2) The shopping tax, does that only apply to player owned shops or also for the Mindark owned Trade Station?
3) When having people hunting on my land, does that mean I get 2.5% (assuming that's my hunting tax) of everything they loot from hunting?
4) Does the land owner get anything special for someone getting a Global/HoF on their land?
5) Do the minerals in the land come automatic, or is it like creatures where you have a part in what is on your land?
6) Is there anyway the PED received from taxes can be split amongst a Soc or must you do that manually?
7) Must you consult a LA owner before having an event on their land?

Hope my questions can be answered, please put the number besides your answer to prevent any confusion

THANKS, Zingking

No. You buy it, you own it.

2) The shopping tax, does that only apply to player owned shops or also for the Mindark owned Trade Station?
The trade terminals are only right now there, as we don't have teleporter-chips in game. As soon as we can use TP chips again, the TT and repair terminals will disappear from LAs.

3) When having people hunting on my land, does that mean I get 2.5% (assuming that's my hunting tax) of everything they loot from hunting?
My assumption is yes, other players claim, it's only from mobs that are generated by the DNA of your land marker. Difference is: mobs that your land generates or also mobs, that come from outside. No answer from MA afaik.

4) Does the land owner get anything special for someone getting a Global/HoF on their land?
No, just the %.

5) Do the minerals in the land come automatic, or is it like creatures where you have a part in what is on your land?
Automatic, only mobs are steered by your LA.

6) Is there anyway the PED received from taxes can be split amongst a Soc or must you do that manually?
No.

No, tehre will be a function at the landmarker of the LA. Not sure if it's currently working, did not check it.

Smoerble covered most of it but I have a couple of things to add.

Not for bought land areas, but there are also landgrab areas which are owned by societies and the taxes are automatically split between members. These areas can not be bought and sold, they are awarded (temporarily) to winners in the landgrab event. So really this is a different system. For the standard LAs the answer to your question is no.

We have yet to see how event management will work in the future. If it remains the same as it was pre-Typhon, then the answer is "sometimes". A land owner can choose to enable or disable public event creation. If it's enabled, anyone can make an event on the land by setting it up at the claim marker. If disabled, it must be enabled to allow an event to be created.

I'm not sure whether landowners can create events on their own lands even when public event creation is disabled.

In practice people rarely set up events on LAs without discussing it with the landowner first, because in most cases the landowner covers the costs, or part of the costs, of making the event.

Not directly.

If you have a hunting land area you will need to pay for fertiliser to maintain the numbers and maturities of your mobs. The money you pay goes to other players rather than MA, but it is still a regular cost for maintaining your area.

If you have a mining-only area you don't need to pay for fertiliser.

Back