abuse by pirate using summonfucntion

MA needs to get ahead of the game. It's a crisis because the community thinks it's a crisis.

indeed. a simple release to acknowledge the concern of the community and they are looking into it would not limit them in anyway. if its an exploit or harassment they should temp-lock those involved, or if not tell us. they have had a week to decide on this and investigate further. currently they are making a bad situation worse, their silence indicates either they arent interested, dont know about the situation. its not a good picture either way.

Also, present situation excluded, your definately not 'Forced' into lootable pvp with your stackables.

You might have missed the point, but this thread is about the present situation.

I wouldn't say that accepting a summon box in middle of a hunt because the "ok" button popped up between you and the mob (or where the confirmation button is for "do you want to merge all containers") is a confirmation that you voluntarily want to enter space.

And when you've pressed that button you have definitely no option to leave stackables you just looted on planet before you're sent into space, in this case into a space ship that's been prepared by the pirates by reducing the SI so it will explode in one hit.

And if you are a beginner in space, once aboard the pirate owned vessel, you don't know what to look for to leave the ship before it enters lootable space (*newsflash* it's a pirate driving the vessel into lootable space it's not you who fly the vessel from space station into lootable space). Also note that on a privateer, the "teleporter" looks exactly like the three other terminals around, you don't get any hint where to go to leave fast.

indeed. a simple release to acknowledge the concern of the community and they are looking into it would not limit them in anyway. if its an exploit or harassment they should temp-lock those involved, or if not tell us. they have had a week to decide on this and investigate further. currently they are making a bad situation worse, their silence indicates either they arent interested, dont know about the situation. its not a good picture either way.

I wonder what would happen if also other pirates, or even normal avatars, sees this as a quiet acceptance of the circumstances and start to bring people into space to get them looted.

Last edited:

If you've been affected by this and have raised a support case you will have received a reply such as:

Thank you for contacting us. Please rest assured that we are further investigating this incident and we will keep the behaviour of all the participants involved under close observation. It is really regrettable that some people are just out to ruin the Entropia Universe experience for others.

We have forwarded this information to our team.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

If enough affected people have raised support cases and MA agree its "beyond the pale" to spam 1000s of players who neither wished to be summoned nor want their gameplay disrupted, then we will see some action eventually. For now my support case remains open.

It is a copy paste response, but at least it is a professional one, unlike the noob "no compensation". The person who wrote that epic response should be fired - it is not how you treat customers in any business.

I agree, that there needs to be focus on the real issue. People who have been spammed with summons need to raise more cases in a demanding way, instead of bickering for 14 pages about whether lootable pvp is good for the game or not, or asking MA to code some additional protection subsystems, while MA can't even fix simple bugs like "getting stuck in revival terminal" after getting killed.

If you've been affected by this and have raised a support case you will have received a reply such as:

Thank you for contacting us. Please rest assured that we are further investigating this incident and we will keep the behaviour of all the participants involved under close observation. It is really regrettable that some people are just out to ruin the Entropia Universe experience for others.

Kind regards,

If enough affected people have raised support cases and MA agree its "beyond the pale" to spam 1000s of players who neither wished to be summoned nor want their gameplay disrupted, then we will see some action eventually. For now my support case remains open.

All these convenient hacks/exploits/fiascos makes me wonder...... can pirates be MA employees recouping even more profits from space farers? :eyecrazy:

It is a copy paste response, but at least it is a professional one, unlike the noob "no compensation". The person who wrote that epic response should be fired - it is not how you treat customers in any business.

I agree, that there needs to be focus on the real issue. People who have been spammed with summons need to raise more cases in a demanding way, instead of bickering for 14 pages about whether lootable pvp is good for the game or not, or asking MA to code some additional protection subsystems, while MA can't even fix simple bugs like "getting stuck in revival terminal" after getting killed.

Yep, the more cases sent in the higher priority they get.

I do agree, it's to no use that we put up ideas in a thread like this.
Better to do support case about the idea, even thou' the code for the idea
already excist.
On the other hand, some who read the idea might do a support case asking
for that solution too, and with a lot of support cases about same thing, they get
a higher priority... so maybe there is a use to have ideas for solution? ;)
But seeing some peoples logic in some posts I guess there is no point afterall... :)

All these convenient hacks/exploits/fiascos makes me wonder...... can pirates be MA employees recouping even more profits from space farers? :eyecrazy:

Actaully, it's quite simple. MA try to keep amount of code down to a minimum
per feature, since gaame would become too big if it covered all possible "what if".
They try to balance this so it covers enough of "what if", but also keep amount of
code down...question is thou', do they have too many solutions that are too simple?
In some cases it's quite clear that they do, imo....

Yeah I thought about this too :) Ya know, if I owned a company, and me and my friends sat there all day, I would eventually figure out a way to let us play the game too, especially on boring days when things are running smoothly.

Now, we all know they can't just make an avatar and hunt, because, well...they would fucking lose. And they can't just give themselves hofs all day, because they could be investigated. So they figure out a way to play and not lose, while protecting the sanctity and fairness of their loot algorithm should they ever be investigated by a very high power.

Genius, I say.

Whether or not they do it, IDK...I just love good conspiracy...but I do know that I could totally understand why someone might do something like that.

Kind regards,

Thats fine, I only saw mfjeeu's (sorry cant remember ur name and cba looking back) response, the "No Compensation" one.

This is what i don't get, is there actually people doubting that MA is looking into it? why would we need a statement stating the obvious :confused:

Its a shitty situation but as for public relations i think you guys are vastly overestimating what an impact this has on the wider player base.

Best regards
Zweshi

TBH, I got the impression from the earlier support response about the compensation request. I assumed that if support didn't know what was going on then the 'powers' wouldnt know other wise everyone would have been briefed. Plus support is obviously the first point of contact etc..

Also, I espected a statement because I think there is one when there is an exploit normally?

Maybe I was wrong in hindsight. I dont care now, fed up with this whole saga so taking a two month break :)

thanks
kitch

just a thought, I think a simple quick solution until a real fix would be to turn off PVP in space on capital ships only. The result might be that the "summon" pirates would have to run a real transport business to make any peds! and of course, who would trust them now?

Thats fine, I only saw mfjeeu's (sorry cant remember ur name and cba looking back) response, the "No Compensation" one.

TBH, I got the impression from the earlier support response about the compensation request. I assumed that if support didn't know what was going on then the 'powers' wouldnt know other wise everyone would have been briefed. Plus support is obviously the first point of contact etc..

Also, I espected a statement because I think there is one when there is an exploit normally?

Maybe I was wrong in hindsight. I dont care now, fed up with this whole saga so taking a two month break :)

thanks
kitch

At least when I was working support, we were usually the last to know unless it was something pushed out by the devs or management. They would just tell us to give stock answers. The only real way to get their attention was to prove to the network admins and devs there was a problem or push it up thru the chain of command.

Most places don't give a rats ass about support.

Sadly, the only way to really get MA to notice, unless management takes an interest, is to make life a pain in the ass for support. Sooner or later, management will realize they have a problem.

The squeaky wheel does get the grease.

Last edited:
Windy is at twins gathering "passengers" into his GL:

windy.jpg

The rule of odds: I'm finally about to be one of his victims :(.

windy.jpg

Windy:

hole.jpg

He's doing it to anyone who is at Crystal Palace currently, happened to a soc mate tonight too.

I hope he gets a 6 month vacation minimum.

Time to pack some RK-20s and wire. :)

yeah, as soon as i get summoned, i'm going to go repair his ship to full SI.

but i've waited since the GL add to get summoned. No summons. I actually wanna go back mining. Yet I can't :p. I think it sucks that I have to fly up to CP just to remove myself from GL.

^MA should fix that :p.

I think it's pretty cool to being addede to guestlists of motherships and such.

What makes it a pain imho in this case is the way summons work and, in case of revival, you can't chose where to revive (eg spacestation, "friendly ship",pirate ship you've been added to or a random ship that accidently have default rights turned on). For instance, it kind of sucks if you were aboard a mothership, you exit ship near spacestation, mothership flles away, for some reason you crash&die, and instead of being revived at spacestation you get revived on a spaceship that's currently taking off for another planet (and if it's a privateer you can't fly out).

And summons (current version of them) suck when you're at a (hunting) event, and you get a swarm of summons because a ship with scheduled rides is taking off (and you don't want to be removed from that ship becase you sometimes do travel with it and you don't like the risk of missing the departure of it).

Haha, a good way to STOP logging into entropia if your addicted :p

I think it's pretty cool to being addede to guestlists of motherships and such.

What makes it a pain imho in this case is the way summons work and, in case of revival, you can't chose where to revive (eg spacestation, "friendly ship",pirate ship you've been added to or a random ship that accidently have default rights turned on). For instance, it kind of sucks if you were aboard a mothership, you exit ship near spacestation, mothership flles away, for some reason you crash&die, and instead of being revived at spacestation you get revived on a spaceship that's currently taking off for another planet (and if it's a privateer you can't fly out).

and it does happen. most interesting yet annoying at same time. My soc mate was flying in quad, got to boundary line where you can log out and "revive at station", only didn't work as planned. She had an actual "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" incident: somehow she revived on Foxypilots' ship as it was passing by and could not get out, and was headed away from her destination. After several GL removals and relogs (worked just like the buggy Friends list) she was finally able to get booted into space. By far, this was the most WTF? moment in our entire Entropia experience. So it seems, it's possible to "hitchhike" across the universe, just don't forget the ale and peanuts to cushion the shock.

Still not fixed... :scratch2:
At least we have EVE in the meantime.

Guys, I must reiterate my earlier comment.. MA can't be looking at this.. Or have decided to take no action.. Seriously, they're either on leave (the main decision makers) or dont see a reason to act. I dont beleive they could still be 'thinking it over' lol too damn funny :laugh:

Guys, I must reiterate my earlier comment.. MA can't be looking at this.. Or have decided to take no action.. Seriously, they're either on leave (the main decision makers) or dont see a reason to act. I dont beleive they could still be 'thinking it over' lol too damn funny :laugh:

One problem could be the way they use the code, since other features might call for some
parts of the code too.
So if they just bump in and do changes too fast at wrong part, they might end up
destroying another, more importent feature... ;)

One problem could be the way they use the code, since other features might call for some
parts of the code too.
So if they just bump in and do changes too fast at wrong part, they might end up
destroying another, more importent feature... ;)

Fair enough you don't wanna start messing with code ad hoc without looking at inter dependencies...

But what is stopping them issuing a warning on the client in broken english saying that 'This is considered an exploit blah blah blah' :)

whatever im just gonna wait and see, im not even playing atm

Fair enough you don't wanna start messing with code ad hoc without looking at inter dependencies...

But what is stopping them issuing a warning on the client in broken english saying that 'This is considered an exploit blah blah blah' :)

Even thou' it's quite obvious this system is exploited, could be hard to prove it.
If the one who summon don't have any connection whatsoever with those who
shot down the MS, it's really hard to prove it is an intentional exploit, even thou'
from our p.o.v it's obvious.
But if they have done the mistake to share loot, or getting paid for shooting down
the MS, then they might be screwed big time. :D ;)

Been offline for a while and when i read the first few posts here just now I wanted to jump to the end and see that the bas...tion of piracy had been perma-banned, the ship confiscated, and as much as possible the scammed PEDs returned, but I thought to myself "MA's probably on one of their infamous two month summer vacations right now, even if they would for once not sit on their 'everything's fair in space' BS."

This is scamming and harassment; it should be an open-and-shut case, and it's appalling that, summer vaca' or no, it hasn't been swiftly and justly dealt with.

There's no need for new code here! Simply make it clear that this form of scamming is not tolerated and no one is going to go and risk another capital ship doing it.

It makes one wonder.

Even thou' it's quite obvious this system is exploited, could be hard to prove it.
If the one who summon don't have any connection whatsoever with those who
shot down the MS, it's really hard to prove it is an intentional exploit, even thou'
from our p.o.v it's obvious.

The likelihood of someone adding hundreds of people to a guestlist by mistake is pretty low.

The likelihood of someone doing 10 summons in a row is pretty low. Most commercial pilots does one pre-summon and one summon just before takeoff. Add one or two summons if there is a latecomer.

The likelihood that a ship driver won't repair the ship before taking off is pretty low (who doesn't want the repair skills).

And, the shooting-down can be because someome is just generally pissed and wants to annoy as many as possible, rather than actively taking the loots. Maybe the loots from the floaters goes straight into TT even if it's sweat and bone samples without TT value.

Maybe the pirates are doing this because they were given the ships by some sponsor (planet partner?), so they don't risk anything personally if any of the ships involved is seized, and if they get locked they might have alts to continue playing with.

The likelihood of someone adding hundreds of people to a guestlist by mistake is pretty low.

The likelihood of someone doing 10 summons in a row is pretty low. Most commercial pilots does one pre-summon and one summon just before takeoff. Add one or two summons if there is a latecomer.

The likelihood that a ship driver won't repair the ship before taking off is pretty low (who doesn't want the repair skills).

And, the shooting-down can be because someome is just generally pissed and wants to annoy as many as possible, rather than actively taking the loots. Maybe the loots from the floaters goes straight into TT even if it's sweat and bone samples without TT value.

Maybe the pirates are doing this because they were given the ships by some sponsor (planet partner?), so they don't risk anything personally if any of the ships involved is seized, and if they get locked they might have alts to continue playing with.

Combine all these aspects and others and prove it was done intentionaly without
chat or interaction with others and we might understand why it can be hard to prove
there is an exploit done, even thou' for us it's obvious.
But as I mentioned, one little mistake and it should be quite clear for MA too... ;)

All code is modular today, it's not like they have GOTO (line) 334443 statements in the code....or do they.

MA needs to fix this exploit.

The community needs to vent their outrage at MA until they understand the depth of anger out there or either fix it or communicate with the community.

After giving MA the benefit of the doubt for 10 years, I am leaning towards they are a just a stupid company.

windy.jpg

Simple fix really ...

Do you wish to be added to the guest list? Yes No / Ignore

Add menu option to system to globally ignore all requests

Add menu option to system to display guest lists you are on with an option to remove yourself

Is this SO HARD to add in MA ?

:scratch2::scratch2:

Could the reason why they are so quiet about this be due to a ugrade in this whole
system comes with next VU where we get the new UI for chat and so on?

Could the reason why they are so quiet about this be due to a ugrade in this whole
system comes with next VU where we get the new UI for chat and so on?
Yeah, they need to upgrade the client to fix it.

But they could have made a statement and issued some bans, without waiting ~1-2 weeks.

Back