Question: Abuse of forum Reaction Score system?

Status
The policy relating to usage of the reactions system has been explained in my previous post. The majority of the posts after that were mainly bickering and thinly veiled flame wars between various members (with a few thoughtful posts in between).

I will look into removing references to Reaction Score throughout the forum, and update the forum rules to remove any obsolete references to the old reputation system.

As this discussion has been completed, this thread will now be closed to avoid further mudslinging.

:locked:

What is the purpose of a score count and highest reaction score then? Make it hidden from users or remove it all together. Then likes and dislikes would cease to matter completely except for the actual post or thread it was liked/disliked which imo is the only thing that matter and is useful to know for Mindark when a suggestion is well/ or bad received by the community. This would prevent "abuse" for a pointless reaction score. Liked/disliked suggestions would actually matter more than just, oh I know this person so I'm gonna like/dislike whatever they say just to increase/decrease their reaction score.

The reactions system is a default part of XenForo, the new forum platform. The primary intended use of the system here on PCF is, as you mention, an easily visible indicator of overall community reaction to a particular thread or post, not the accumulation of Reaction Score.

I wanna make it official I just made a new forum account!!! Im tired of asking them to change that miss patterson looking crap so here it is!! everyone love me now! :)

As I explained to you very clearly when you contacted me requesting a username change, there is a long-standing policy regarding username changes and it would be unfair to make exceptions for some members and not others.

Creating a new forum account to sidestep this policy is not permitted, therefore this new account has been banned.
If you continue to make alternate accounts, your original account will be permanently banned.

:locked:

Last edited:
Status
Back