Abuse of MM Categories

Is this definite? The only thing I saw in the rules this year was that outleveling your current Category would remove your ability to go into that Team cat.

I assume so? Not 100% sure, my brother who's competing will hit rank 50 during his 40 hours.
So will find out here in a day or 2 either way xD

I assume so? Not 100% sure, my brother who's competing will hit rank 50 during his 40 hours.

Probably i will be entering cat 2 at lev 51.5 later tonight and i am 99% sure i will be able to enter ;). If not then - well i will be sad ;). Eiter way i will post.

But first must end iron sumima for 65ped athletics + 1 stamina reward - thats +2hp and +1.4 evade level for me ;).

@edit:
i am too tierd now to do the run... will do it later after i get some sleep...

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:

Yeah that would be interesting to find out, if you could remind us when it happens :D

Again, so many questions arise due to lack of information given to the community. Sigh :scratch2:

a) I know for a fact that it isn't only Category 4 that people are chipping down to get in.

b) If you are more than even a few levels past the cutoff, it would cost you a fortune to chip down and then chip back up. Not only is the price of ESI's way up, but you'd lose 10% of whatever you chipped out.

c) Seriously, is there that much difference between lvl 99 and 105? At that point, whoever has the most expensive toys wins. I'm near the bottom of Cat 3 and there's nothing in there that even remotely gives me problems. If I had an X5, and the ambition to compete, I'd be clearing the rooms as fast as anyone.

d) Personally, I'm kind of happy about the situation. As the deadline gets closer, a lot of people end up giving away free skills to anyone with an ESI. I sucked up a lot of cheap skills. Next year, I think I'll stock up on ESIs before the price jump.

e) You'd have to think that chipping down would be more common at Cat 2 and maybe even Cat 1, as it would be much cheaper to chip out a lot more levels than for Cat 4.

f) Does it make any real difference if someone chips down and then chips back up as opposed to simply chipping up? (This could be a moot point if people get bumped to the next category, anyway.)

?

I wonder how comes no one saw this:

"Note: If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your allotted keys."

imho it clearly states that if you chip back in, you won`t be able to enter the lower lvl instance...
and it`s in the client loader... :confused:

LE: oh and before any comments on the team instances, I`m sure this was implemented for solo instances as well

I wonder how comes no one saw this:

"Note: If during the course of the event you gain enough skills to move into the next category you will no longer be able to enter the team instance arenas using your allotted keys."

imho it clearly states that if you chip back in, you won`t be able to enter the lower lvl instance...
and it`s in the client loader... :confused:

LE: oh and before any comments on the team instances, I`m sure this was implemented for solo instances as well

It says team instance. It doesn't say anything about solo instance. As you clearly noticed. Saying you "are sure" doesn't make it a fact. That's whats being asked.

Probably i will be entering cat 2 at lev 51.5 later tonight and i am 99% sure i will be able to enter ;). If not then - well i will be sad ;). Eiter way i will post.

But first must end iron sumima for 65ped athletics + 1 stamina reward - thats +2hp and +1.4 evade level for me ;).

@edit:
i am too tierd now to do the run... will do it later after i get some sleep...

Falagor

Yes - its possible ;). Just did one run.

Merry Mayhem Araneatrox (S,2)64 PEDSun, 21 Dec 2014 15:02:48

Falagor

So you surpassed the max limit for Cat2 but are able to go back in? Did it count your score?

Yes it did count my score. I skilled naturally from 49.96 -> 51.50 (Hit) before entering MM.

The restrictions are only for team MM.

Falagor

It says team instance. It doesn't say anything about solo instance. As you clearly noticed. Saying you "are sure" doesn't make it a fact. That's whats being asked.

good point.
I was counting on MA`s common sense.. wrong bet, again :D

now.. considering their stupidity, and the mentioned common sense, it wouldn`t surprise me to see them coming with a thing like:

"Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account."

no clear rules, then any thing they didn`t think off is the player mistake, of course... :(

Last edited:
Yes it did count my score. I skilled naturally from 49.96 -> 51.50 (Hit) before entering MM.

The restrictions are only for team MM.

Falagor

Moot point imo. As I understand it the concerns are about CHIPPING after you get keys. AFAIK it was never a problem to naturally skill into the next category. IMO they should just disable chipping again, yes you would still have ppl chipping out prior to MM, you always did, but they wouldn't be able to artificially chip themselves back in. Also, going from 49-51 is a heck of a lot different than going from 99-101 (from what I understand).
Just my :twocents:

Torene

Moot point imo. As I understand it the concerns are about CHIPPING after you get keys. AFAIK it was never a problem to naturally skill into the next category. IMO they should just disable chipping again, yes you would still have ppl chipping out prior to MM, you always did, but they wouldn't be able to artificially chip themselves back in. Also, going from 49-51 is a heck of a lot different than going from 99-101 (from what I understand).

Torene

The concern is chipping down just under the cutoff, so you can naturally skill back up to the next SIB weapon. If you chip down to the .9% just under the cutoff is questionable.

Torene
Yes this is how it have bin :)

The concern is chipping down just under the cutoff, so you can naturally skill back up to the next SIB weapon. If you chip down to the .9% just under the cutoff is questionable.

I don't think that`s a big concern and you could always chipping up to the last .9%, chipping in after join category the other hand is much bigger advantage

Just a thought but couldn't MA checks the logs to see if players chipped out and then chipped in to get an advantage? I would think that should be a matter course before awarding prizes. I do remember one player with globals in both cat4 and cat5 but I think you can go up a cat but not down, if I remember correctly.

Just a thought but couldn't MA checks the logs to see if players chipped out and then chipped in to get an advantage? I would think that should be a matter course before awarding prizes. I do remember one player with globals in both cat4 and cat5 but I think you can go up a cat but not down, if I remember correctly.

chipping in/out is no longer against the rules, so why should they bother?

chipping in/out is no longer against the rules, so why should they bother?

Because, being put into Cat2 or Cat3, and cheaply chipping up 10-20 levels to gain a HUGE DPS and defensive advantage is cheating, simply put. That's why they should bother.

This game is generally PVE, and so you can't really call this game "pay-2-win", but when it comes to events like this... allowing such things to happen exactly makes it "pay-2-win" beyond reasonable measures.

if you are doing solo
u can leave your old catagory and still compete, last year i started cat 1 at lvl 23 and ended at 32 blp hit, i placed #11 or 13 or something like that

if you are doing teams
if you pass your old catagory you are locked out of all team MM instances
last year, once i passed cat 1 i could not use any MM team keys at all

as for checking logs, they did away with that, most likely it cost too much money in staffing

the only thing i dont know is if u chip up or down DURING mm what happens, if anything, so personally i'm not risking it

b

Because, being put into Cat2 or Cat3, and cheaply chipping up 10-20 levels to gain a HUGE DPS and defensive advantage is cheating, simply put. That's why they should bother.

This game is generally PVE, and so you can't really call this game "pay-2-win", but when it comes to events like this... allowing such things to happen exactly makes it "pay-2-win" beyond reasonable measures.

i dont see it as cheating to chip out some shit skills during the year, i see it as preparation.
i think you are just upset that you got caught in a bad spot because you didn't prepare.

i dont see it as cheating to chip out some shit skills during the year, i see it as preparation.
i think you are just upset that you got caught in a bad spot because you didn't prepare.

You really didn't read through this post much did you? I clearly stated I knew I never had a shot at placing in Cat4 this year, and I was enjoying myself just participating and shooting.

How is chipping out NECESSARY SKILLS prior to accepting the mission and being selected for a lower category, and then chipping/skilling back up immediately IN ORDER TO GAIN AN UNFAIR DPS ADVANTAGE considered preparation.

Please do not respond if you cannot understand what is being discussed.

Last edited:
I don't seeing chipping out/in unfair, anyone can do it, it's not like using an exploit.

How many fighters weigh as little at the fight as they did at weigh in?

I don't seeing chipping out/in unfair, anyone can do it, it's not like using an exploit.

No not everyone can do it, that's the thing. Some people spend a lot of time and hard work to get to a certain point, but can't necessarily spend 10-15k on chipping. Purposely dropping down is unfair. Stay at the level you really are, and play there.

lol this is a good one next year you see level 100 in the cat 1

if you can chip out to be in the lower class and can chip back in might as well say pic the cat level you want

for each level lower cat you want to be in just pay ma a fee

the way the game is going might as well make it a 10 minut shooting and give out the prize

i participated in the first few year i played and now for the last 4 year i never try and the more i read and find out how the game is rigs i almost dont play anymore my few 100us dollars a month goes somewere else

No not everyone can do it, that's the thing. Some people spend a lot of time and hard work to get to a certain point, but can't necessarily spend 10-15k on chipping. Purposely dropping down is unfair. Stay at the level you really are, and play there.

Not having enough ped for something does not make it unfair.

lol this is a good one next year you see level 100 in the cat 1

if you can chip out to be in the lower class and can chip back in might as well say pic the cat level you want

for each level lower cat you want to be in just pay ma a fee

the way the game is going might as well make it a 10 minut shooting and give out the prize

i participated in the first few year i played and now for the last 4 year i never try and the more i read and find out how the game is rigs i almost dont play anymore my few 100us dollars a month goes somewere else

Hyperbole does not make a good counter argument.

well i gotta say if its in the rules then its fair

i tried cat 3 when i was around level 57, had bad ass L armor, biggest blp L guns i could use, and an evil amp loaned from auktuma

i battled my ass off and guess what, not a fracking chance came in at #51 due to a scoring error (ya davin im still pissed about that :laugh: )

so after that my plan has been to utilize weapons i could afford and go in as a born again noob
didnt do too bad last year and hoping for even better this year (if they let us in the instances that is)

b

I believe hunting at the level of a higher cat, but in a lower cat, is unfair for those people who have worked hard to get to that cat. The cats exist for a reason. Otherwise, why even bother with cats? Your argument would hold for that scenario too. Well, all the super ubers have all this money to compete at this level... so how is it unfair to low level players?

Level caps in categories exist for a reason, and without enforcement of those level caps, why do categories exist at all?

I believe hunting at the level of a higher cat, but in a lower cat, is unfair for those people who have worked hard to get to that cat. The cats exist for a reason. Otherwise, why even bother with cats? Your argument would hold for that scenario too. Well, all the super ubers have all this money to compete at this level... so how is it unfair to low level players?

Level caps in categories exist for a reason, and without enforcement of those level caps, why do categories exist at all?

I don't understand the concern. No one is going to chip out from level 120 to 99, then back up just for mayhem. If they just chip out to 99 they are not much different than other high 90's hunters.

Well ita not ONLY. About the lack of peds.
Its also lack of esi.. Seen this over and over again.. Esi keept away from market under the year.. Some sociaty has it a custom to looted esi sells to 1 soc member. Dont mention Amy names.
So dont böame MA about droprate.. They drop as soon they been used... Life cykel...
Btw little off topic..
Now maybee ppl understand why esi is so RARE.. Not cuz droprate cuz hidden and used.
Also used for alt avatars WHO compete in lower cat.
So making it 40 hours is good thing. Makes "cheaters" do 80 OR 120 or 160 hours.... Get My point..

There is also another thing to consider, the prizes. The cat5 does have the best prizes. That may keep some of the better players in the correct category. Just thought.

Back