Abuse of PvP Game Mechanics

Then PvP can be made fun and fair restoring it back to the great PvP that was once here in EU. :yay:

You must be mistaken, EU is probably the worst PVP game I have ever played :rolleyes:

[edit] Ignore, damn necro lol

Last edited:
u of all ppl shouldnt b complaining letum u stand in rocks killing ppl lol run round with imp faper behind u ... if anything u needa practise your pvp get that hermes off and fight with the good ol vigi or sumthin

i've got one for you. didnt read the entire post so idk if it was already said but....IF U DONT LIKE PVP HOW IT IS WHY DONT U STAY OUT? if everything was bias toward the pkers the miners/hunters wouldnt have a chance so deal w/ it n00b

You must be mistaken, EU is probably the worst PVP game I have ever played :rolleyes:

[edit] Ignore, damn necro lol

You're wrong, these day its one of the most realistic as for pvp, unlike most of fps if you dont shoot at the right time with the target on sight you miss it, i admit sometimes movement you do arent recorded, lag make it hard and all but atleast if you aim good you hit for sure!

As for other people who are openly saying they are glad such exploit exist then shame on ya, you should stand still, fight like a man and dont exploit the first bug you find to save your butt!

Wow so many pk haterz in here... I know we are not the most popular group by far but holy sh*t :)

I too believe that miners should not be able to use bugs to get away from pk. I really hope that MA will fix the current bugs that allow for people to run around invisible and to lower their health to a point that they cannot be looted (these in my opinion are complete bugs). A perfect example of this lies with a person that rhymes with BaoTweaker. This guy has absolutely no risk at all now in the pvp4 zone. He simply hunts attackers all day and keeps his health well below the point to which he could still be looted.

I think that being able to suicide on a mob is not a bug and should be allowed (even though it sucks). Optimally my vision is of a pvp that is rich with resources for both miners hunters and pkers collectively. I still believe that the zone is not as balanced as it should be.

First off how hard is it to find a miner that has been out mining for a while and has near 50 peds on him? If they have any semblance of their own safety they would tp out at this point right? Pvp4 is also a very large zone and it becomes like finding a needle in a haystack to find the jackpot literally (this will often cost the pker assloads of time searching as well). Most often when a miner sees you they run immediately unless heavy and thus you would need a tango to reach them in time before they suicide, gain cover, or run out of the zone. Perhaps everyone could use jetpacks similiar to the picture i think McCormick found :
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

These could be fueled by an exclusive enmatter found in pvp4 or mob that lies within. Would be nice to use these to cover more area in the zone but i would imagine it would still be extra hard to find the miner that would be using stealth :D

What i can't wait for are some ideas to make PvP4 more exhilarating for both the miner and the pker. I think it would be great to have stealth kits similiar to what MA has said may drop soon. I would hope these kits or armors would not be so rare so that miners could use them in great numbers. Perhaps they could be completely invisible on radar for a set amount of time. Perhaps these stealth devices should be looted thru mining. I really also hope that MA will create some more minerals and other resources that become unique to the zone similiar to BM and HIMI. To bring people in their needs to be a reason to go to the zone that surpasses the risk involved so that all can be happy. I do not think that one society would be able to control this zone in the slightest and i think their would be a huge competition from many societies that would form alliances against each other. I also think if this happened MA would have to make the zone completely random spawns especially for the rare minerals to keep any one group from capitalizing on it too much. We need this type of excitement for those days when there are no events.

Oh and btw it is a PVP = player vs player lootable zone for any that haven't figured it out in this thread. For all those that don't like risk their is 95% left on the maps of Eudoria and Amethera for you. I would like to think that these zones were created for those adventurous types that enjoy taking the risk.

The PvP4 zone seems to be reverting to a state of unuse similiar to pvp3. Minerals that were once rare are now not even worth mining for. The last few weeks i have been hard pressed to find a soul in 5 hours of hunting attackers. We need to spice up these zones!

The PvP4 zone seems to be reverting to a state of unuse similiar to pvp3. Minerals that were once rare are now not even worth mining for. The last few weeks i have been hard pressed to find a soul in 5 hours of hunting attackers. We need to spice up these zones!

Yeah It seems the mining has certainly died in pvp4...hardly see anyone, and as some ppl noted the mob spawns are now on all the good minerals.

Wouldn't go so far to say it's gone the way of pvp3 though...

Yeah It seems the mining has certainly died in pvp4...hardly see anyone, and as some ppl noted the mob spawns are now on all the good minerals.

Wouldn't go so far to say it's gone the way of pvp3 though...

Is going towards the point of being like pvp3 ;D

Ya there are new mobs on some spots but they are killed easily enough but those are the common minerals. Really minerals like gold and valurite that once were worth a decent amount are now complete weaksauce and still you can only find them with a really nice finder making it pretty much useless to waste the decay on one with an amp to go find crap markup. Langotz atm would probably nick you the prettiest penny from pvp4 but i haven't found it in ages and only found it a max of 10 times in small amounts. Even blood moss and himi have taken a considerable hit more due to the general price loss that i think has something to do with current economic troubles irl. I mean we need new minerals that make people want to come here :D

The price of the good minerals found in pvp4 such as narc, niks and himi have all dropped in price significantly, It's much harder to justify the risk now, and I haven't mined there in a while

not going to quote wtfs the point wasting space but zippo u are full of good reading couldnt sed beter myself

hmm...

If all the wealthy PKers don't like it the way it is, stop shooting for a month or so, pool the money that you would have used in that month towards ammo and buy a planet from MA that can follow your own rules.

Surely planets can't cost as much as the amount of ammo wasted in pvp in one month?

LOL.... OMG can't breath laughing too much.... LOL.... What a way to decimate PVP4 population. Like many others I don't frequent that place much anymore and what has been suggested is a surefire way to ensure I NEVER go back.... LOL well done OP.

Edit: BTW those jetpack thingamyjiggys look fun.

Last edited:
@Zippo:
Great post indeed.

I totally agree, it is not really interesting for a common hunter/miner like me to take the risk of PVP4 these days. I can easily drop 300 PEDs of bombs and don't find any blood moss or himi. So I have a high risk of getting PKed PLUS a high risk of high loss on loot too.

So even with the current bugs and features it is not interesting to go there... so you see me there only when I am bored of the usual game, at least you get some thrill when a green dot appears :D.

So yes:
add mobs with better loot drop and more resource spawns for miners (not more blood moss, notmore himi, as it would just drop the markup again :D). But also spawn everything totally random. Make it interesting for players to hunt there, then we have more green dots and more PKs... I don't understand why MA doesn't even tried this before.

Oh, and +rep for Zippo for his great text!

Please take note that Pkers spend a lot of time and money in game to add to the fun role of hunting down and killing and looting avatars in EU.

get a life kiddy ;) :trout:

there are more things that make fun in EU :silly2:

or if you wanna fight try cs:s thats better pking than in eu :laugh:

-Lina

ah... old threads

Hey, seriously folks... Poor guy is just trying to loot ya. Why change that?

:laugh:

Look, I've been there, many of you have. I've hunted there, mined there and even been looted there. So... I lost a few peds, no big deal.

But what this guy wants? Oh wahhhh.... They bend the rules and I don't get to loot them. Sorry dude, so what?

No rules... It's PVP4 and enough said. But you really should only be looting what you get while in there. Make it interesting for the miners too. Who knows maybe they'll invest in one of those uber pk weapons and keep it handy. Somebody comes along thinking they've got an easy kill and the miner kills them with one shot... Extra points in my book.

So, NO RULES... You go there, you take your chances. Killing yourself, having low health, or mobs killing you should stay as legitimate ways to die there.

No Rules. :wtg:

IMO you know exactly what your walking into when you step into the lootable PVP's. If you have an issue with it and are not willing to take the risk, don't walk in, and don't mine around its edge!

I really dont see how you can abuse the game dynamics, when they are,in fact, the game dynamics. :scratch2::scratch2:

If all the wealthy PKers don't like it the way it is, stop shooting for a month or so, pool the money that you would have used in that month towards ammo and buy a planet from MA that can follow your own rules.

Surely planets can't cost as much as the amount of ammo wasted in pvp in one month?

This more along the lines of my thinking.

I think its laughable to see pkers who tote around thousands and thousands of dollars in gear crying about the fact that people have figured out some ways to minimize their risk.

Good for them. All that means is that you will have to increase your skills and tactics in pking them.
I don't see a big problem, I still profit in there.
And I have looted the individual Zippo referred that has "no risk in there" several times.
Though what I preferre to do now with the ava's who have figured out how to work the system in there, is form an alliance with them. I wont kill them, and I will split the loot of any gd they give me the position of. That has worked out well also.

The same arguments that many people threw at Letum exist the comments above as well. Remove all the chances an ava has of surviving in there should he bump into a pker and you will see no more hunters or miners in there.

Zippo can kill me in one shot from the edge of my radar when Im in full Vigi, with his Tango. Do you think I'm ever gonna carry loot in there with that kind of firepower running around? Not unless I can tip the scales a bit.

Anyway, GL to all out there in the pvp zones.

~Bird

As an pker in pvp 4, i think that being able to kill your self is a big problem.
When you see a dot and he is 200 meeters away and you start running you have very small chance of taking the guy, even with a noob rocket launcher they just have to blast two rocket shots and they die. By that time im just in range to shoot them.
Really hope MA can fix this somehow.

No Rules

PVP4... No rules. If you shoot someone with a rocket and you're too close then you should get damage too. So there should be no rules against any damage from any source.

Makes being a pker in the pvp4 zone interesting. I do think however they should disable the radar... It would make you keep your eyes open. Better for ambush that way too. And NO HIDING INSIDE ROCKS OR TREES ALLOWED.

Now... Hiding behind them with no radar, perfect...

That would be how I'd make it more interesting. :D

PVP4... No rules. If you shoot someone with a rocket and you're too close then you should get damage too. So there should be no rules against any damage from any source.

Makes being a pker in the pvp4 zone interesting. I do think however they should disable the radar... It would make you keep your eyes open. Better for ambush that way too. And NO HIDING INSIDE ROCKS OR TREES ALLOWED.

Now... Hiding behind them with no radar, perfect...

That would be how I'd make it more interesting. :D

I think it would be cool to have no radar. But I think it too would likely reduce hunters and miners out there.
A PKer will run around making no sign of his/her presence while a hunter or miner is making noise/disturbances alerting others in the area of their presence. You can hear the shooting of a hunter and see the vibrations of a miner's bombs/probes. It would kind of make them easy pickings.

But it would make pker vs pker alot more interesting.

correct

Oh yes. It would make a hunter or miner VERY careful about what they were doing there. Could push the excitement levels sky high for them. Hey, I'd be willing to try it... Just to know I had been able to achieve such a thing would make me stand tall.

So even though hunters and miners would need to be carefull, I'm not going to just hang around and wait on them if I were there to try and PK. I'd be out hunting them. Remember the shaking of the ground goes out 360 degrees when mining. Someone who was out there to pk would still have to hunt for them carefully. Who knows, the miner or hunter might see the person out to pk first. Then the tables could turn quickly... Would make it more exciting on both sides. It would bring in the skill of stalking... The radar just makes it too easy for both sides in this. The radioactive contamination should scramble or jam the radar in the pvp4 zones.

Ha... I'd like to be able to sneak up in range and pop them one time with an emik s30 maybe just for fun, even though they'd probably kill me. Can you imagine the surpise like that and turning around to see some noob in orange laughing as they ran away... Wheeeeeee :eek:

re

The OP has 54 agility rofl! Hey can I borrow your dads credit card to?:wtg:

Pass that shit your smoking m8 i want some :D Pkers don't generally lose much in the zone considering the fact that when i am pking in there i am mining and hunting at the same time. Fact is the zone is becoming a barren wasteland and is boring. Would just be nice to have some excitement once again.

LOL.... OMG can't breath laughing too much.... LOL.... What a way to decimate PVP4 population. Like many others I don't frequent that place much anymore and what has been suggested is a surefire way to ensure I NEVER go back.... LOL well done OP.

Edit: BTW those jetpack thingamyjiggys look fun.

Well we are not asking for you to come to the zone. Just those that actually like the risk/reward.

get a life kiddy ;) :trout:

there are more things that make fun in EU :silly2:

or if you wanna fight try cs:s thats better pking than in eu :laugh:

-Lina

Ok once again this is the 5% of EU that you don't have to tell us to go to CS Source please. If pk is not meant to be in this game than explain to me why all these players in this game spend extraordinary amounts of money to be able to have fun. It is life to some of us.

This more along the lines of my thinking.

I think its laughable to see pkers who tote around thousands and thousands of dollars in gear crying about the fact that people have figured out some ways to minimize their risk.

Good for them. All that means is that you will have to increase your skills and tactics in pking them.
I don't see a big problem, I still profit in there.
And I have looted the individual Zippo referred that has "no risk in there" several times.
Though what I preferre to do now with the ava's who have figured out how to work the system in there, is form an alliance with them. I wont kill them, and I will split the loot of any gd they give me the position of. That has worked out well also.

The same arguments that many people threw at Letum exist the comments above as well. Remove all the chances an ava has of surviving in there should he bump into a pker and you will see no more hunters or miners in there.

Zippo can kill me in one shot from the edge of my radar when Im in full Vigi, with his Tango. Do you think I'm ever gonna carry loot in there with that kind of firepower running around? Not unless I can tip the scales a bit.

Anyway, GL to all out there in the pvp zones.

~Bird

LoL way to be different m8 :p. I too have killed "the guy" numerous times in the zone but 90% of the time i go after him he has a tiny fraction of a bar left so there ya go no chance and 100% loots for him.

For me this has nothing to do with minimizing my risk because i own a tango. This is about the zone being a popular place that alot of people would want to go to because they could get big rewards at the expense of risk. This is not about one person getting rich. This is about a way of life for many of us ingame.

Talking about tactics i have used "your" system in pvp4 since it was made and still dots are few and far between

[

For me this has nothing to do with minimizing my risk because i own a tango. This is about the zone being a popular place that alot of people would want to go to because they could get big rewards at the expense of risk. This is not about one person getting rich. This is about a way of life for many of us ingame.

Talking about tactics i have used "your" system in pvp4 since it was made and still dots are few and far between[/QUOTE]

Well at least we have the same motivations!

I spend 99% of my time logged in, in pvp4.

I too would love to see the place much more active.

But as of late the "rewards" have been few and far between for hunters and miners. If there was any less "risk" I feel it will truly be a desolate place.

lets not forget loot their credit card number :laugh:

err, the whole game runs on MS Windows, so that's usually gone out thru the `windows firewall` long ago :D

--
we demand SysV EU client now! :wtg:

I always considered Akumul pvp as hunting grount. I also try to avoid it as much us possible.
Until now.
This tread gave me good ideas.
So there are bad guys with big guns and autoaim progye makinig living of that?
Instead of considering pvp4 as hunting ground wud be good to look at it as skilling ground.
For example to skill mind force and paramedic.
So you tp there with fap ready to get skills - waiting pker to burn toons of ammo on you, revive, shoot , skill mindforce by tp ing back and waiting pker loose another portion of ammo.
Maybe i will try.

Back