Acceptable Behaviour

aztec

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Aztec AztecRose RedRose
I am definitely no saint in the game, I swear and use foul language (I'm aussie) on a regular basis and I definitely stir shit and troll. However I am still bewildered that some people consider this "acceptable behaviour" against anyone who plays PVP. This happens in space and on planet.

[Space travel] [USER]: well then I hope you get r*ped by someone with aids and have to live with it, better?
[Space travel] [USER]: so get r*pe, get aids, I don't care I just want you dead
[Space travel] [USER]: you're a pirate, fair game

I am personally fine with heaps of trash talk, bad language, rudeness, egging people on ect. However I feel like there are just some things which are unacceptable and just not a line people should cross. On multiple occassions I have come accross users who have wished death, aids, cancer, r*pe a number of times. Its nothing new to pvpers both on planet and in space.

Surely we are adults that can draw a line on whats acceptable pvp banter? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Space seems to have no rules on decency.

Being called names is the least of most players problems. This is much more of a concern:

triangle.jpg

Space seems to have no rules on decency.

Being called names is the least of most players problems. This is much more of a concern:

triangle.jpg

Lol mega. I am an asshole I admit it but there are things you know I am not willing to do.
Wishing death, aids or r*pe on random strangers is not in those things. Nor will I cheat or exploit.

In the end this topic is not about if PVP is right or not. Its about acceptable behaviour against pvpers.

Inb4 Me Really Never posts. Lol!

you wanne be low life scum that steals from people then you should accept that this is the behaviour going towards you. also its no difference to calling others names all the time as you like to do. same thing. if you treat others with respect then you will be treated with respect. if you dont the others wont either.

Lol mega. I am an asshole I admit it but there are things you know I am not willing to do.
Wishing death, aids or !!!! on random strangers is not in those things. In the end this topic is not about if PVP is right or not. Its about acceptable behaviour against pvpers.

Inb4 Me Really Never posts. Lol!

You know about the ignore function in-game? You never hear anything they say again. Works like a charm.

Or change profession.

You know about the ignore function in-game? You never hear anything they say again. Works like a charm.

I am aware of its existence but it doesnt excuse the behaviour on any level.
I am playing the game as intended, just like other planet pvpers.

you wanne be low life scum that steals from people then you should accept that this is the behaviour going towards you. also its no difference to calling others names all the time as you like to do. same thing. if you treat others with respect then you will be treated with respect. if you dont the others wont either.

I accept that it will, doesnt mean its acceptable behaviour. As I said I am perfectly fine with excessive rude pvp banter but I feel like the line needs to be drawn.

still think its funny that the pirates now whine on forum all the time about people being mean to them.

still think its funny that the pirates now whine on forum all the time about people being mean to them.

That isnt what this is about Lol. I dont care what people say but do we really want to be apart of a community that considers this acceptable?

dont care =/= making threads asking bout peoples opinions...

Okay I change my wording. It doesnt affect me in any way. However I still dont think its acceptable. Lol. It is interesting how you justify it just because we play pvp... which is an intended function of the game.

I have extremely thick skin and can handle all sorts of shit. I don't dish out what I cannot take.

Okay I change my wording. It doesnt affect me in any way. However I still dont think its acceptable. Lol. It is interesting how you justify it just because we play pvp... which is an intended function of the game.

well you are free to think that. though most people here will say that it is not acceptable to steal from people who just wanne go from place a to place b without wanting to bother anyone.

well you are free to think that. though most people here will say that it is not acceptable to steal from people who just wanne go from place a to place b without wanting to bother anyone.

But why does it make it acceptable to wish death and !!!! on someone? :eyecrazy:

The topic is about if the above is acceptable. I am not asking if PVP is acceptable. Lol.
Stay on topic love.

The reality is PVP is apart of this game, whether you like and approve of it or not. It is here to stay onb both planet and in space. Surely we can be adults and draw the line on what is acceptable banter.

But why does it make it acceptable to wish death and !!!! on someone? :eyecrazy:

The topic is about if the above is acceptable. I am not asking if PVP is acceptable. Lol.
Stay on topic love.

it is the topic. its called causality. you do something then something else will happen.

Unless you believe in voodoo or some other supernatural shit, they have no power to make those things happen, so why not let them show the true extent of their stupidity?

I want to know the name though.

[Space travel] [USER]: well then I hope you get r*ped by someone with aids and have to live with it, better?
[Space travel] [USER]: so get r*pe, get aids, I don't care I just want you dead
[Space travel] [USER]: you're a pirate, fair game

These kind of harassements and threats should not be tolerated in any part of the Entropia Universe and you should save chatlog and report it to Mindark. That way you will help this game become better for us all.

Unless you believe in voodoo or some other supernatural shit, they have no power to make those things happen, so why not let them show the true extent of their stupidity?

I want to know the name though.

I am not going to call them out on the forums. Feel free to PM though

This shit happen all the time especially in space, pvp, land grab etc Its a lot easier to say shit here, than in the real world. Also expect some shit back as there as your own SOC has overstepped the mark a few times too.

2011-05-03 23:11 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
It is very regrettable that there are participants that use bad language. However, we have no means to control communication within the virtual universe. Entropia Universe is designed to resemble the real world in as many ways as possible. As in real life, not all people you meet will be honest and well behaved. This of course does not mean that we do not take action against people who insult other people in Entropia Universe.
If this happens again, please take screenshots of the events and make sure that the current MindArk time and the avatar's full name are showing, kindly attach such information to your support case.
Kind regards,
Leslie | ROCKtropia Support

Do what Mega says ignore or report to support.

Stay on topic love.

The reality is PVP is apart of this game, whether you like and approve of it or not. It is here to stay onb both planet and in space. Surely we can be adults and draw the line on what is acceptable banter.

You may read that in text, but what they really mean (as you loot 500 Ped from them) is the above. ;)

These kind of harassements and threats should not be tolerated in any part of the Entropia Universe and you should save chat log and report it to Mindark. That way you will help this game become better for us all.

I rarely report anyone but this is one time I did. I draw the line at this sort of nonsense.

This shit happen all the time especially in space, pvp, land grab etc Its a lot easier to say shit here, than in the real world. Also expect some shit back as there as your own SOC has overstepped the mark a few times too.

2011-05-03 23:11 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
It is very regrettable that there are participants that use bad language. However, we have no means to control communication within the virtual universe. Entropia Universe is designed to resemble the real world in as many ways as possible. As in real life, not all people you meet will be honest and well behaved. This of course does not mean that we do not take action against people who insult other people in Entropia Universe.
If this happens again, please take screenshots of the events and make sure that the current MindArk time and the avatar's full name are showing, kindly attach such information to your support case.
Kind regards,
Leslie | ROCKtropia Support

Do what Mega says ignore or report to support.
Oh I expect banter in game lol. I am an open participant but I do have standards.
Telling people to get !!!!! and aids is not among my acceptable pvp banter language.

I am in no way responsible for members of my soc. I only accept responsibility for my own. Just like I don't hold an entire soc responsible for a single persons actions. I wont even bother contacting his soc because its honestly not there responsibility. Its the individual player. :ahh:

Last edited:
Oh I expect banter in game lol. I am an open participant but I do have standards.

I am not talking about banter, there has been a lot of stuff been said over years that is not right.

I am in no way responsible for members of my soc. I only accept responsibility for my own. :ahh:

Each member of a SOC represents the morals and standards of that SOC. If a SOC member says to another player "I hope you get cancer" it will always reflect bad on your SOC.

I am not talking about banter, there has been a lot of stuff been said over years that is not right.

Each member of a SOC represents the morals and standards of that SOC. If a SOC member says to another player "I hope you get cancer" it will always reflect bad on your SOC.

I dont judge an entire soc on the misgivings of a single player. They might not even be aware of it.

I am fine with the majority of PVP banter however I do feel like the player in the original post crossed the line in a major way. I dont think the community would like to encourage this behaviour. Even if I am a degenerate space pirate.

I was avoiding this kind of language both in game and on the forums, but since you bring it up and are (naturally) unable to put yourself in the other one's place, here is why the association is there: What you're doing is perceived as a form of r-a-p-e, get loot or not and regardless it being legalized. Since skills work the way they do, it is never an honest fight. One just goes "aw naw, again" and has to wait for the deed. There is a German word: Duldungsstarre, which I have no idea how to translate (not even Wikipedia offers one). A psychologist might be able to explain what it means and what its consequences are. Not that you would care or would need to, but for explaining to the rest of the folks who may sometimes wonder what for they actually keep the veil of decency over their nausea.

Edit: Gee, the word doesn't even get through the forum filter...

I was avoiding this kind of language both in game and on the forums, but since you bring it up and are (naturally) unable to put yourself in the other one's place, here is why the association is there: What you're doing is perceived as a form of r-a-p-e, get loot or not and regardless it being legalized. Since skills work the way they do, it is never an honest fight. One just goes "aw naw, again" and has to wait for the deed. There is a German word: Duldungsstarre, which I have no idea how to translate (not even Wikipedia offers one). A psychologist might be able to explain what it means and what its consequences are. Not that you would care or would need to, but for explaining to the rest of the folks who may sometimes wonder what for they actually keep the veil of decency over their nausea.

Edit: Gee, the word doesn't even get through the forum filter...

R*pe is sexually assaulting someone. lets not undermine the actual seriousness of r*pe by comparing it to thievery in a game. People who have actually been sexually assaulted in real life would be offended that you would be making such a terrible comparison.

R*pe is sexually assaulting someone. lets not undermine the actual seriousness of r*pe by comparing it to thievery in a game. People who have actually been sexually assaulted in real life would be offended that you would be making such a terrible comparison.

thank god that saying something and doing something are 2 different things. or do you wanne start with this feminist bullshit now that man are pigs and them looking at woman is !!!! already? if not then let it be what it is. just a word. without any action. also it will be tough raping someone over the internet...

thank god that saying something and doing something are 2 different things. or do you wanne start with this feminist bullshit now that man are pigs and them looking at woman is !!!! already? if not then let it be what it is. just a word. without any action. also it will be tough raping someone over the internet...

Lol I am far from a feminist. :laugh: I would actually like people to use the word as the dictionary intended though. :laugh: its not about if someone can actually r*pe someone through the internet.
That is hardly the issue at hand.

"R*pe is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration perpetrated against a person without that person's consent. The act may be carried out by physical force, coercion, abuse of authority or against a person who is incapable of giving valid consent, such as one who is unconscious, incapacitated, has an intellectual disability or is below the legal age of consent."

Feel free to call it theivery, stealing or whatever... because thats what it is. By definition.

Back