Accidental Item Deletion!!

RickNinjaHunter

Guardian
RicK Ninja Hunter
Hi,

I know many people who have accidentally deleted an item, and either the item is not worth 1000 ped to retrieve via support, or they had no idea they could retrieve via support, or could not afford the 1k ped fee to retrieve.

I have a question to MA/FPC/Support/Dev Team.. Why have they not implemented a Lock option, so that accidental deletions are reduced? Is it
A. Too hard to implement
B. Too costly to implement
C. They want us to use the 1k ped retrieve option (more income)
D. Just dont give a rats ass.

I dont know how to start a poll in this section, so if anyone wants to add a Poll Please feel free,

Thoughts any one? Please no carebare kiss asses need to reply with their love and affection for MA.. just shut up.

Rick

Hi Rick Long time no see friend.

Id have to bet its both C, and D.

Many have asked before you and many were ignored. I wouldnt expect too much on this as its a benifit to player base and we all know how that works.

i cant imagine it being hard personally.

so must be the want your 1000 ped or dont give a rats.

I've never accidentally TT'd anything.

two clicks and a list of items seems keep me from beeing so silly.
Infact, sometimes, I double check the repair terminal when putting expensive items in it. Wouldn't want to click 500 Ped away due to not reading!

They dont give a rats ass in my opinion it seems all the money that go's into EU isnt used in development. but rather buy mansions, cars ,boats, holidays.
with the community money made from low return loots

cause the upkeep of a automated reply support system and a new VU with not much on it every 3 months. its pretty poor really, there is large amount of small fixes they can do to make the game more up to date and fun but I guess if i was in there position, Small fixes / Convertiable ......... we all know what we would choose.

We can Riticule but we can blame. :D

Long live marcos fat pocket!

(lol here i go whinging again I guess u said no carebear MA lovers lol I am oposite)

Inno :)

I really am surprised they haven't done the locks. Maybe it is on someones to do list at about number 12,624 or something...

I've never accidentally TT'd anything.

Neither have i but many have and many will, and if those with items costing thousands of dollars can do it then i think it's best to protect people and allow them to lock items rather than have to pay 1000 ped, also the item may be worth 900 ped so your hardly going to pay 1000 to get it back so its 900 ped gone.

It isnt about being stupid or lazy, it's like saying "oh i wont spill that red drink on the carpet as im sensible and safe.. we all say that till we spill the red drink on the carpet.

Once again this topic comes down to one thing. Take responsibility for your own actions. There are 2 boxes that you must click. It is not an accident if this happens. The warnings are there.

Why is it their responsibility to babysit an avatar if the avatar doesnt want to read the list of items and then confirm they are sure they want to sell it.

I dont think they should even give the 1000 ped option. let the item get tt'd and then distributed back into the loot pool.

Drink less focus more you won't have the TT issue! My experiance anyway ;)

Hi,
I have a question to MA/FPC/Support/Dev Team.. Why have they not implemented a Lock option, so that accidental deletions are reduced? Is it
A. Too hard to implement
B. Too costly to implement
C. They want us to use the 1k ped retrieve option (more income)
D. Just dont give a rats ass.

C duhh ... Jesus some of you still live with the impression that the world is a perfect little place with beautiful rainbows an pretty flowers

Buy a box!

If your item is so precious... keep it seperate from the rest of your inventory. The best way to do that is to go to the auction and buy a box right now. Now put your precious in there... and maybe buy 2 boxes if you prefer... Now put the one box inside of the other, and put everything inside that you don't want to keep... the second box is only optional...

ok, the first box is optional too, but if you get it, just remember to never ever pull anything out of the box when you are near a TT...

Now go to storage and go to the very bottom of the screen and keep moving box down several hundred slots... now everything is in the box, near bottom of your storage. If you pull the stuff out and TT it, it is definitely not an accident.

If that's not enough, go buy an apartment, and put the box with the stuff in there... now leave the apartment alone and don't touch it. Let maint. fee expire if you don't think MA will ever force us to start paying rent no matter what... it's locked away in the apartment and you can't get to it without paying maint. fee... is that enough of a lock to keep yourself from making a mistake?

It's a stupidity fee. Locks can't prevent that.

Ha-Ha-Ha.

Short time fter a lock is implemented new thread will appears....

"oH No. I accidently TT my precious. Why MA did not implemented a double lock instead of just one. It must not be that hard. :grumble:"

btw, I vote C because I think they need to pay someone to search and give back lost items. I agree a lock option could avoid few mistakes but ... it should not happen if people look twice before pushing the button.

C duhh ... Jesus some of you still live with the impression that the world is a perfect little place with beautiful rainbows an pretty flowers

On the contrary i live with the impression the world is quite big and actually does have beautiful rainbows and pretty flowers.

So what the hell your on about must of gotten lost in translation.

Think of it as an extra tax for alcoholics and dope heads.

In my opinion the 1,000 PED fee is a total scam. :mad:

MindArk used to recover items that were accidentally TTed for free

I can totally understand why people get pissed off when they do it, I have done it myself :( But I think the second confirmation window is as good as a lock really if u hit sell twice you should either have read the list or be willing to pay the fee.

Saying that I guess a lock shouldn't be hard to implement and would be good for people that don't pay alot of attention to what they are doing.

The 1000ped fee I think is totally fair but, other wise they would have everyone that accidentally tt'd a 50ped item spamming them to get it back.

Learn to play... pay attention... and this problem does not happen.

It is a nice gesture of MA to even look for it at a 1000 peds, which is there to keep the support team focused on real problems and not incompetence. It's obiviously a wasted effort as it is considered to be a scam and effort to rip people off.

With that in mind I think that you just lose the item period... after all you did not care enough or value it enough to insure it's safety... and the item should be tt'd and returned to the loot pool.

I hate MA
:mad:
for wasting time and money to keep the careless in the game... we need better players... and diverting time and bandwidth to locks to solve what is a minor whiner problem would just be an another ill conceived gesture to protect the incompetent and lower the quality of the player pool.

Do a search... There are already 101 threads on this topic. All ended with the answer MA have gave before - no.

Short time fter a lock is implemented new thread will appears....

"oH No. I accidently TT my precious. Why MA did not implemented a double lock instead of just one. It must not be that hard. "

It's a stupidity fee. Locks can't prevent that.

What these guys said...

In my opinion the 1,000 PED fee is a total scam. :mad:

MindArk used to recover items that were accidentally TTed for free
Nothing is for free in this world...

A lot of threads about it.

I gave this idea on previous matters and I just repeat it.
Maybe MA might introduced it someday. ;)

lock-item.jpg

A lot of threads about it.

I gave this idea on previous matters and I just repeat it.
Maybe MA might introduced it someday. ;)

lock-item.jpg

I agree 100%

Hi,

Its like ask put in RL a "button" to not have a car accident.
I want drive fast but dont have acident

In game it the same take your time and just open eyes to look what you do
Each one need take his responsability.
i never TT a tools but when i'm at a Trade machine, i look twice and look all list in confirmation windows.

Can't TT with items attached most have amp or other stuff
Have confirmation windows
It's hard TT items now

MA offer the posibility to send support for ubber items
its already very well

Learn to play... pay attention... and this problem does not happen.

It is a nice gesture of MA to even look for it at a 1000 peds, which is there to keep the support team focused on real problems and not incompetence. It's obiviously a wasted effort as it is considered to be a scam and effort to rip people off.

With that in mind I think that you just lose the item period... after all you did not care enough or value it enough to insure it's safety... and the item should be tt'd and returned to the loot pool.

I hate MA
:mad:
for wasting time and money to keep the careless in the game... we need better players... and diverting time and bandwidth to locks to solve what is a minor whiner problem would just be an another ill conceived gesture to protect the incompetent and lower the quality of the player pool.

<removed, 2.2>

Anyways, there are several instances where people have TT'd items and not been aware of it.. eg. Beatrix.. had no intention of TT'ing her 104 amp, but through some fucked up VU10 bug, it happened.. With an Item lock this would prevent such accidents..

The plain and simple solution is to add a lock item option, its quite obvious that MA don't really want to do this because there is revenue to be made..

Where is the proof that TT'ing an item recycles it back into the loot pool? You must have some psychic skills or Uber Coder to decipher what the fuck goes on in the loot pools.. cause I am definately clueles... considering all the fucked up streams of loot gone to nowhere lately.. ohh wait that only happens when MA hosts lame fucked up events to lure you all to spend your peds like the world is going to end...Ohh wait thats off topic...

<removed, 2.2>

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
I did say that Carebears and Ass kissers not to reply to this Thread.. I guess some people just cant read..

PLEASE.. Carebears go fuck someone elses thread/arse for a change.. if you want brownie points from MA, fly to Sweden and stick your face up Marco's ass.. that will give you something brown for sure.

Rick

:scratch2:
I did say
"I hate MA"
:silly2:

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Anyways, there are several instances where people have TT'd items and not been aware of it.. eg. Beatrix.. had no intention of TT'ing her 104 amp, but through some fucked up VU10 bug, it happened.. With an Item lock this would prevent such accidents..

The plain and simple solution is to add a lock item option, its quite obvious that MA don't really want to do this because there is revenue to be made..

<removed 2.2>
Rick

There are no accidents due to bugs... only from you not paying attention and not checking the tt window and the written list provided before you hit the sell button... if you are in a hurry and not paying attention shit happens and a lag could cause you to make a mistake... but it really is all about your own incompetence and inability take care in what you are doing.

And it's only in your mind that MA does it for profit... and this post is bogus as to the real reason behind why you are suddenly so concerned and passionate over such a minor issue and that is just provide another forum for you to bash MA. That's why you can't even stay on topic in your own thread and of course state up front that you not want any other non-bashing views expressed.

Pretyy lame there little ricky foul mouth

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck me..

I should'nt have started this thread.. now comparisons are being made to RL..

I guess people still don't understand the phrase

"Accidents Do happen"... prevention is often the best medicine..

You can be the safest law abiding driver in the world.. but as logic dictates an accident is inevitable , whether by your own stupidity or other peoples...
This is why in REAL life you get insurance, seat belts, Fuck even Cars that will stop FOR you before you have an accident.. Technology in the Automotive industry is advancing towards Safer Driving and Accident Prevention...

ALL I am asking for is the same level of assurances and protection to prevent an Accident from happening in EU...

I suppose its all fine and dandy for people with uber ped cards, who get wasted on whatever floats their boat, and "Accidentally TT their shit" who can afford to pay the 1k ped fee to retrieve the item..

I guess I'll have to break some Forumn rules again to lock this thread, I don't think its going to go anywhere other than "Lets jump on the bandwagon for Brownie points from MA thread"

Fuck why do I even bother with this forumn.. its plain to see that its not "Free Speech"

Rick

A sollution for all parties maybe ?

its not fair to accuse MA of scamming they have to manual sort out the problem so :-

Why not a 10 ped fee for locking an item and another 10 ped fee to unlock it ?

that would suit all parties , avatars could lock valuable items AND MA would get a fee for their trouble .

surely noone would object to paying a small fee to ensure securty and MA would be certain to make more (from the new fee) than they do now from the odd mistaken TTed item !

MA would quickly recover the cost of implimenting a system and would there after be getting an additional income .

its not fair to accuse MA of scamming they have to manual sort out the problem so :-

Why not a 10 ped fee for locking an item and another 10 ped fee to unlock it ?

NO MORE FEES!!!!

Locking an item is a basic concept and should be a security feature of the game

With or without lock options, items will get 'accidentally' sold to TT, my guess is MA knows this and therefore option D, dont give a rat's ass...

Fuck why do I even bother with this forumn.. its plain to see that its not "Free Speech"

Rick

YOU have Free Speech... Nobody's stopping you from saying what you want... what you want is soapbox for un-opposed speech.

NO MORE FEES!!!!

Locking an item is a basic concept and should be a security feature of the game

Paying for an item search due to your own incompetence is a basic concept... They have already put free safe guards in the game to prevent you from tting and item by mistake... I like Bobbin's idea of an insurance fee to protect your items and maybe it should go into the loot pool...

Last edited:
Back