Account Hacked 40,000+ Peds Lost

Status

abhiaang

Old
Hi to all who are reading this.

*MY IGN is abhi abhiaang aang
* This hacking occurred more than a year ago and my frustration is with MA not replying to me for more than 1 year today.
* I apologize for the grammatical errors and mostly for the long ass post!
*Just to highlight, [Improved GYRO FAP] is similar to an [Omegaton Fast Aid Pack, Improved] worth over 40,000 peds (>USD$4000)
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
* PART 1 : THE SUMMARY OF THE INCIDENT ( a repost of what I posted a year ago on reddit)

Some of you guys might know me as the healer guy who used to regularly advertises on #fap as "ABHIAANG'S HEALING SERVICE with....."

Ok, to make it clear, it was mostly my fault because I was careless enough to not have 2fa activated on my account.

So on 28/Nov 2 pm local time, I went to log into my account as usual. Something was off because my usual keyboard shortcuts and item shortcuts icons on my screen were missing. So I look at my inventory and realized that most of my valuables were missing. That's including an Imp Gyro Fap , divine chip, ares ring modified, ares ring (L), hermetic ring (L), and many more items. Even my adj pixie and vision s10...Additionally, the hacker used my account to purchase a Summer and an Easter Strongbox for 500 ped each on AH. That's thousands of dollars just gone overnight...I panicked and quickly change my password, and I wrote a support letter to MA. Still waiting for their reply.

I am not here trying to feel sorry for myself because I know it was definitely not smart on the 2fa part. That put aside, I would really appreciate any help or advice, especially if you have experienced something like this. Also, please pm me in-game @ abhi abhiaang aang if anything. Mine imp gyro fap was a tier 0.99 with a tier increase rate of 113/200.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*PART 2 : MA's lack of response for over a year (since LAST DECEMBER! )

*My conversation with MA Support (date followed by person who typed)

2020-11-28 06:48
ME:
Mhy entropia account was hacked and my Imp GYRO Fap is missing, along with Divine Intervention Chip , Ares Ring and many other items. Also, it was used to buy 1 Summer and 1 Easter strong box for 500ped each. Could you please please help me here. This happened in a span of 12 hours as I went to sleep. When I woke up, all my items were gone! Please atleast track who logged in and from where. Atleast check the person i bought that strongboxes from, which is so much above MU... Atleast hel me get my Imp Gyro FAP PLEASE. It was worth thousands of dollars!I can send you pictured and sreenshots if necessary. I will do that via the email.

2020-11-28 09:14
ME:
To add on, my imp gyro fap was tier 0.99 with a tier increase rate of 113/200.

2020-11-28 19:50
Support:

Hi abhiaang,

Thank you for contacitng us.

We can see that you account was accessed from another location than your usual one.

We can also see that your items was sold to the Trade Terminal and that the PED was transferred to another account through the Auction.

We recommend that you change your password for your Entropia account and also for any other account where you may share the same login credentials.

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

2020-11-28 20:27
ME:
Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I have already changed my password for all the similar login information. May I know what happens now? Once again, thank you so much for taking your time to look into this.

Regards,
abhiaang

2020-11-28 20:44
ME:

Hi,
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I have already changed my password for all the similar login information. May I know what happens now? Once again, thank you so much for taking your time to look into this.

Regards,
abhiaang

2020-12-02 10:17
ME:

Dear MA support,
Thank you for helping me! To add on, I am willing to pay some peds if its required to get stuff back from tt. May I know if the hacker tt-ed my IMP GYRO FAP as well what did he tt and what not? Thank you so much!

2020-12-04 16:20
Support:

Hi abhiaang,

Thank you for your reply.

This is an ongoing investigation and we do unfortunately not have any new information at this point in time.

We can unfortunately not guarantee that your items will be returned to you.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

***************************************************************************************************************
YOU CAN SKIP TO THE END OF THE CONVERSATIONS AS SUPPORT DOES NOT REPLY HERE ON
***************************************************************************************************************
2020-12-04 17:55
ME:

Dear MA Support,
Ok, thank you. Please let me know if there is any news. Thank you. I really hope I can get my items back and this hacker get caught soon.

2020-12-18 16:28
ME:

HI, just wondering.. is there any update to this case? Hoping for some leads :)

2020-12-29 14:43
ME:

Dear support team,
Thank you for looking into the case so far. Is there any leads in the case of finding the hacker and my items? Did my IMP Gyro get tt-ed and is it possibe to get it back?
Thank you so much

2021-01-05 09:52
ME:
Dear MA support,
Has there been any update with the case? Anything about my IMP GYRO at all? Thank you :)

2021-02-02 06:31
ME:

Dear MA Support,
Please let me know if there is any more news of the hacker and my items. Thank you for your time!

2021-02-20 06:10
ME:

Dear MA Support,
Hi, has there been any news on my case?
Thank you :)

2021-03-20 04:29
ME:

Dear MA support,
Hi! Please let me know if there is any update :)
Thank you

2021-04-12 15:01
ME:

Hey MA Support.
Has there been any new leads on my case?
Do let me know! Thank you!

2021-04-25 06:33
ME:

Hey MA support,
Hey:) Do let me know of any updates to the case :)
Wishing you a great weekend!

2021-05-23 08:34
ME:

Hey MA :)
Anything new on the caes?
Have a nice day!

2021-06-24 10:42
ME:

Hey MA,
Is there something ne on the case?
Thank you :)

2021-08-14 11:32
ME:

Hey MA,

Its been 8 months since you last replied me... Could you please let me know of any updates to this case? I have put in a substantial amount of money into this game and I would like to know if the hacker got caught? Possibility of getting my items back? I would atleast like to get my big items like my ares ring/imp gyro back. Please please get back to me. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Abhi
EU Fan since almost 10 years ago

2021-09-02 17:00
ME:

Hey MA,
Its almost 9 months.. Please bould you let me know how is the case going? Any leads?
A concerned EU player,
Abhi

2021-10-04 18:04
ME:

Hey MA,
Please let me know if there are any updates. Been quite a long now. It's almost...11 mths since the investigation started.
Abhi

2021-12-03 06:07
ME:

Hey MA,

IS there any news on the case? Its been 1 year since the my account was hacked...
Abhi

I once again apologize for the long post. I just wanted to make sure that I posted all the messages as they were so everyone can see what really went on.

I have written multiple other support cases, which have been either closed immediately or not replied to. I know it's probably stupid to hope for something new, but it's not exactly a small price I paid. If it were maybe $100, I could have lived with it and moved on long ago. However, I am just clinging onto a glimmer of hope, hoping that it can all simply be over and I get everything back. I hope some of you out there learn from this and be more cautious with your account security :)

Thank you for reading this!

Such a bummer.. but as they saw that they TT'd your items it shouldn't be too much for them to just "give them back" to you imo. I see their point as well, i guess there is plenty of people doing stuff like this and making it look like a scam to actually scam MA, but a reply is a minimum though.
GL

Seems like an easy thing to find. Ma should be able to track it down, seize the account and return any profits from the likely sale. I doubt they would of TTed an imp gyro. It wouldn’t be likely that MA approved a withdrawal from this avatar, so the PEDs are likely still in game unless they washed it through many different transactions. Who knows.
Good luck, and a great PSA to always use 2FA If you have valuable items.

Seems odd that they went silent considering they could see the movement of PED and items from your account to another account via the auction. I know they would charge a service fee to return accidently TT'ed items back in the day but that would mean more money out of your pocket. I hope they locked down the hacker account and put a stop to such crap.

There could be some disconnect in terms of item value and what we as players value items VS what MA sees. Did you submit a police report when this occurred? I know these days any internet crimes of a certain value or ID theft is cause to submit a report to local authorities.

My own dealings with MA support in dealing with unethical auction scammers in the past was anemic at best. I hope it works out for you in the end.

If the items were tt'd on your account, you should be able to pay the 1000ped per item restoration and in addition you would have to cover the ped amount from the tt.

Support will not just give you back your items or provide any additional information regarding the other accounts involved.
The best you can hope for is they were banned as a result.
MA provides free 2 Factor Authenication with the Entropia Universe Pocket App and everyone should have this activated.

Make a new support case for item restoration of the things that were tt'ed and have the ped stacks in your inventory for the exact amounts.

Last edited:
Agree seems odd they just stopped replying. I feel there is more to this story.

they normally would give item back at small cost in this case..

Edit: also unfortunately to MA your item is only worth the TT at the time.

good luck getting it back

Last edited:
If the items were tt'd on your account, you should be able to pay the 1000ped per item restoration and in addition you would have to cover the ped amount from the tt.

Support will not just give you back your items or provide any additional information regarding the other accounts involved.
The best you can hope for is they were banned as a result.

Make a new support case for item restoration of the things that were tt'ed and have the ped stacks in your inventory for the exact amounts.
I tried something like this before, asking to restore my tt-ed items, but they closed my case stating that investigation is ongoing (this was almost a year back too). Ill give it another go! Thx :)

MA: How about we incorporate an added level of security to our items. Protecting an item only helps us from making mistakes, but a hacker could with one click un protect it and sell it still. How about we have self imposed time locks on the ability to unprotect an item, like 24 hours. Bypassable only with a fresh 2FA code, if you can't wait for the timer.

I know it's probably stupid to hope for something new
It's not stupid it's human.

Unfortunately it's not the first thread of this kind i have read here by searching "buried threads".

Not about "hacking" though, but about the support "doing nothing" or telling you to wait while "they're doing nothing".

And you're not the only one not using 2 authentication factor... pretty sure we're many.

And you're not the only one not using 2 authentication factor... pretty sure we're many.
I don't know any heavily invested player that doesn't. And if there are, I bet they won't after reading this thread. The extra hassle logging in is nothing compared to the hassle of losing everything. This is why people quit.

try to request to have the item restored from TT. They did that for a 1000ped fee or smt like that. You will loose 1k but hte imp fap has prolly gained twice it's value and is worth 60-70k in this inflated market so you won't notice the fee.

MA: How about we incorporate an added level of security to our items. Protecting an item only helps us from making mistakes, but a hacker could with one click un protect it and sell it still. How about we have self imposed time locks on the ability to unprotect an item, like 24 hours. Bypassable only with a fresh 2FA code, if you can't wait for the timer.

Why peoples install random shit and click every link, if someone that i dont know IRL is sending me a link i wont ever click it.

I am giving my testimony on returned items if you TT them. The 1k peds I paid to restore my lovely adj resto was well worth it.

Is it at all possible the person that sold your items has any linkage to you within the game?
Maybe a disgruntled ex spouse or girlfriend.
A co-worker you thought would never do such a thing.

If you can give MA something to work with , maybe they will be more helpful.

Just a thought

The 1000 PED offer has an inconvenient time limit attached, something like a week or a month. I still think they should extend the offer here and remove the time limit permanently, as it doesn't benefit even a single player, aside from account hackers motivated by causing as much grief as possible.

They should also reintroduce the Gold Card Security System into the Trade Terminal. The more options people have for securing their accounts the better. Some big investors might even double up and use 3FA, and feel more confident investing into EU as a result.

Make another support case, reference the support case number from the original. Sometimes MA does not see updates for support cases if they've lapsed more than 14 days.

I don't want to rub it in, but WHY people don't use 2FA ?..

It's quick, free, and make it secure, so why ? :unsure:

PS:
I preferred the Gold Card, which was in my opinion even more secure,
but in any case 2FA is much better than nothing.

Bring back the Gold Card ! :)

Last edited:
i can just reflect on some things
1. 2FA . i installed it as i passed 100 Eur in game, add Quthenticator from Blizard, was easy to appreciate. i think it should be in EVERY splash screen in the game as you login "Consider to activate 2FA,"
2. MA charge an outrageous 100 EUR for each correction of items that can be TT for an error, i think a "buyback last 20 items" feature (many games have) should exist
3. serice is a binary situation at MA. some issues are solved in seconds, some are simnply dismissed with a "the matter was passed to the appropriate department" and GG
4. i love the suggestion that UNProtect should launch a 2FA request, that would help

5. "Every trade is Final"..... tooo easy.... investigation and problem solving must exist. and i mean not lock burglars, i mean if possible recoup the stolen items.

i wonder if as i hope 100.000 new players come from EPIC store if more resource lead to LISTEN to the playerbase....

Sad for your loss or item, but in 1 year you could rebuild . stand up and fight... or heal!
you still got your skills, that is 90% of task.
GL

MA should make it obligatory to activate 2FA after your avatar value has surpassed a certain amount. I believe they had an offer in the past for a free gold card if you had deposited 5000 ped total.

As others said make a new support case and reference old one. Restore TT-ed items and be nice and polite. Ask about the current status of your imp gyro fap.

Just as importantly, where did your password get fished from? Do you have a suspicion of what site you used the same username/password on?

4. i love the suggestion that UNProtect should launch a 2FA request, that would help

No thank you

There is the option to lock an item , which solved the problem for which it was created.

If someone refuses to secure their account with the free 2fa provided , that is their prerogative.

Too much "safety" becomes the nanny state.

No thank you

There is the option to lock an item , which solved the problem for which it was created.

If someone refuses to secure their account with the free 2fa provided , that is their prerogative.

Too much "safety" becomes the nanny state.
And if someone succesfully hacks your account from whatever country and tt's you shit items and the rest sells through AH and then transfers money to another account and then withdraws the money, and MA does nothing to help you, what would you call that?

And if someone succesfully hacks your account from whatever country and tt's you shit items and the rest sells through AH and then transfers money to another account and then withdraws the money, and MA does nothing to help you, what would you call that?
I doubt that somebody "hacked" his account. Most likely scenario is that he used the same username/password on another website.

And to answer your question id call it stupidity on 2 fronts. First for not using the 2fa available and second for using bad internet safety in general and getting your username and password compromised.

If people don't want to follow the basics to secure their account that is unfortunately on them

I doubt that somebody "hacked" his account. Most likely scenario is that he used the same username/password on another website.

And to answer your question id call it stupidity on 2 fronts. First for not using the 2fa available and second for using bad internet safety in general and getting your username and password compromised.

If people don't want to follow the basics to secure their account that is unfortunately on them
I agree but still, its a fraud and MA should help the guy even or without 2fa

for me the problem is this line from support:
"We can also see that your items was sold to the Trade Terminal and that the PED was transferred to another account through the Auction."
if the fap was TTed as they seem to implicitly say, support should have returned it for the cost of 1000 peds, not such a rare thing to happen
if it was not, they should not have raised hopes, as "any trade is final"

and then you escalated it a bit by not being concrete enough, the part in red was unnecessary as it broadens the scope of a yes/no question to a request of a transaction report
"May I know if the hacker tt-ed my IMP GYRO FAP as well what did he tt and what not?"

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

how can it be "hacked" if you using 2fa security?
Which i suppose you did with those high valued items in avatar.

Ok, to make it clear, it was mostly my fault because I was careless enough to not have 2fa activated on my account.

how can it be "hacked" if you using 2fa security?
Which i suppose you did with those high valued items in avatar.

He wasn't using 2fa which is why I was asking what sites he might have used the same username/email and password on so we can warn people away from that site.

Status
Back