Account locked, apparently for no reason...

Starting to get pretty pissed off now. Have these days off duty and then we get this shit happening.

Sure I can understand they do their best to maintain integrity for "the game" but discriminating people this way is just fcking absurd.

A big load of ppl are able to login and stand a chance to get nice goodies. I say equality for all, all can log in or noone.

Also the total muteness of support is like a thorn in the eye!
Just a lame copy/paste and auto-close reply sucks monkey balls. Add to this the fact that this isn't the first time for plenty of us to get locked for reasons we had no influence on.

I'm 100% convinced we won't get any kind of compensation for this paid-service, which it is for many of us (45k USD deposited here in 6+ years).

Just like we weren't compensated AT ALL for:

- the loss of MU on MF skills when Synthetic Mind Essence got introduced

- the loss of MU on MF items (really lots of K of ped) when MA decided to keep MindForce disabled for like 2 years

- the loss of MU on Res chips as reviving in beacons is now possible without those

- the complimentary beacons that were never handed out (should have received 2 of them) they're a loss always anyhow

- the loss of MU on MF items when vehicles got introduced
- the nerf of bigger TP chips changing reload stats making them WAY less useful un PVP3/4 to escape
- the loss of range in MF heal chips and the ability to heal with those despite objects or others being in the way

- the needless loss of items during the tiering process and therefore the devaluation of tiered items as the great risk got removed, let's not forget the large sums of cash paid to have others take the risk of upgrading

- the loss of an item due to accidental TT'ing after bugs prevented the repair terminals to work, where after a relog in frustration the trade terminal got accessed instead of repair. Then trying to rip off charging 1k ped to hand it back over, right after this error was discovered

- the needless ped waste when goldcards came for free after depositing 5k peds exactly 1 day after it was ordered and paid for at the TT

And oh there's probably so many situations we got disadvantaged at without them correcting what they screwed up in an RCE. Great stuff. Sucks to see they have 0 respect for their (especially depositing) playerbase.

the real problem is that they dont have skills enough on SQL to select out those people and investigate and not all in a big batch...

and can you tell us how to select the correct avatars from the db? what would you base your search for?

the people who did but no longer have a esi?, who got alot but maybe not alot of skills, the people that sold something to auction, the ones that bought something from au? , the guys looting a mob?

bare in mind not all affected accounts got super skills, some lower skilled got bare mid level by the double bug.

im sure MA have all the tools and knowledge to deal with this situation the best way possible, given all aspects not just the affected players.

as star said, this must be seen in a bigger perspective, even though as a locked player it sucks.

Within 20 minutes of login after the VU, I was receiving strange PM's about people having super avatar type skills and attributes. I then looked at my skills while streaming to my livestream channel - twitch.tv/stargazing. To my own amazement, as well as those viewing my channel, I saw insane skill values for many of my skills (See sample below).

I immediately reported this to Kim via skype PM. I said that the servers needed to go down immediately to prevent a massive "chip-out" scenario.

Knowing how mankind likes to abuse profitability possibilities, it is no wonder that many of us are still locked. It is extremely likely that a few bad apples have spoiled it for the rest of the honest people as usual in life. Worst case scenario, we all get to enjoy today's VU IRL of falling leaves and coffee. :)

Good post JSM, it's a shame you and others have to wait.

Well I sure some chipping was going on, as when I listed a few ESI's I had last night, I checked current prices, and there were 12 ped ESI's listed for like 3000%+

It is very annoying the few people that think they won't get caught have now spolied it for you and others. MA need to deal with these idiots how they see fit. I'm just glad I had to pick my kids up from school, so missed that 15 min log in time.

Good luck getting back online by the end of the day.

Rick.

The problem is that some people saw their skills doubled and decided to buy all the ESI they could find a chip out expensive skills.

ok. This i understand. But isnt possible for MA to sort out we who are innocent to these acts and start unlocking us first. And let the people that tried xploiting be locked during your investigation?

I would take it very bad if im locked for weeks just cuz of some people tried using bugs that i have nothing to do with. Like being punished for something we didnt too. Must frustrating right now is lack of comunication and no ETA.

ok. This i understand. But isnt possible for MA to sort out we who are innocent to these acts and start unlocking us first. And let the people that tried xploiting be locked during your investigation?

I would take it very bad if im locked for weeks just cuz of some people tried using bugs that i have nothing to do with. Like being punished for something we didnt too. Must frustrating right now is lack of comunication and no ETA.

it all happened so quickly for me

from noticing i had uber skills, to looking in amazament, then the server going down was so quick.

Im sure it was the same for the majority of people

So from my experience of what happened there really cant be that many people who where quick enough to get to auction, buy esi's, go to TT from chipping tool, extract skills, and then put onto auction. My guess is from the time i noticed my skills had gone up, to the sever going down was around 10 mins

so you would think there cant be that many people who managed to exploit this enough huh??

atleast something

Once again, kindly accept our apologies, and rest assured that our team is making every effort to ensure that future Version Updates are implemented much more smoothly.

Kind Regards,

David Simmonds
CEO - MindArk PE AB

Still locked because I killed 2 longu's. :wtg:

excellent....

Yesterday i send a support case, got to try log this morning and nothing! still locked here....

i think i killed 10 longus :)

oh well, to heck with this, unlike alot of people around here my life doesn't revolve around eu :D

back to real life ^^

*flees*

i had to go see doctor, woke up this morning with cold sweats, loss of appetite, head ache and the shakes

LET ME LOG IN :D

Exactly my thoughts!

i think i killed 10 longus :)

oh well, to heck with this, unlike alot of people around here my life doesn't revolve around eu :D

back to real life ^^

*flees*

Wow so you cheated 5 times more than me, I killed 2!! So if then unblock my account after a week, do you have to wait 5 weeks then? :scratch:

Found 2 stacks of stuff that I ordered on auction two days ago. I'm not even dare to image how much I paid for them, I really hope Mindark would refund the markup excess of my original order to me....

I'm in total agreement: there should be an ETA so people can get on with other stuff instead of constantly refreshing this forum for news.

I know it sucks, but keep in mind that they have to go over the accounts one by one and look at what people did to determine if they tried to exploit. That takes time, and is not something that is easy to give an ETA for. Probably people will slowly be unlocked one by one as they are checked.

I know it sucks, but keep in mind that they have to go over the accounts one by one and look at what people did to determine if they tried to exploit. That takes time, and is not something that is easy to give an ETA for. Probably people will slowly be unlocked one by one as they are checked.

it's not like they have to look back at hours or days of play, at the most, your talking about looking at about < 20 minutes of logs. how long can that take? If no xeploit attempted, un-lock the account.

Information and communication with customers must be a high priority for MA. And for all companies for that matter.

Think about a house beeing built, and there is somewhat of delay in the work, wouldn't you as a customer demand to know what the problem is and what they are doing to minimize the delay?

Johan

it's not like they have to look back at hours or days of play, at the most, your talking about looking at about < 20 minutes of logs. how long can that take? If no xeploit attempted, un-lock the account.

There are probably hundreds of accounts to go through. And they had to fix major bugs first. There is no sense unlocking players into a game with major problems like the auction order bug.

Eta

I understand an ETA is hard. But my guess is that Ma knew already yesterday that this would take more than 1 hour to resolve.

So i still think if they announced their "sincere" appology and saying that this will take more time and be down for atleast all night for the ones afflicted by this.

We who were locked didnt need to sit and wait for updates or statements.

So im more or less asking, can i play today? a week from now? could be short terms ETA aswell that MA freqently update, shouldnt take so much of their time to do so and calm us a bit.

So if you at MA already know it will take more than a week. Tell us right now, i promise you that thats better dmg control than not telling at all.

There are probably hundreds of accounts to go through. And they had to fix major bugs first. There is no sense unlocking players into a game with major problems like the auction order bug.

You think hundreds of accounts are locked? I'm guessing 100 at most actually.

i'm inclined to agree with 100 or less. Not that much time to be online after 1st update, was posted that a small amount of ppl were affected and there are certainly less than 100 ppl posting/tracking this thread

Yeah, I would guess over 100. It seems like a wide variety of players got the double skills. Not all are going to read this forum or be reading it at the same time.

Yeah, I would guess over 100. It seems like a wide variety of players got the double skills. Not all are going to read this forum or be reading it at the same time.

i really hope that the people that got double skills and chipped out and the auctionabusers get some real punishment,and i dont mean an 1 weekban

Just got unlocked without notice...

YAY i can logg in aswell :D

Im unlocked aswell! :D

Back