Account locked for mining Monria

It's weird how some experienced players turn into noobs when something is obviously wrong.

oh and about the ban thing...

An urgent message from MindArk's development team:

An issue has been identified affecting mining activity in some areas in Entropia Universe. MindArk’s development team is investigating the issue, and hopes to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Some affected avatar accounts have been temporarily locked until the identified issues have been resolved. While we regret the inconvenience this may cause for some of our users, such precautions are necessary in rare cases to protect the real-cash economy of Entropia Universe. Affected accounts will be unlocked as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience while we resolve these issues.

who is this?

7_claim_rebomb.jpg

this is me, mining planetside, and i took that screenshot because it is the first time i have ever seen anything like it, it was the only time i saw anything like it, it happened while i was conducting a test for this forum by registering all my claims, i was having a bad run, grew frustrated and double dropped until i had no claims anymore.
during this test i did 24,000 drops, got +/- 7000 claims, and this was the only time i saw this, and this was planetside, where claims are 5x as common.
the results of these tests are public and on this forum for anyone to see.
so thank you for posting this arch, it proves how rare it is, and proves, in my opinion, that anyone claiming to be a experienced miner but saying they didnt know anything strange was going on is a liar.

specially on ark this is not uncommon

i found up to clusters(new veins) with up to 12 claims

but its with 3 different types of ore/matter/treasure

and its very rare to global on these clusters

im no amp user but i guess from what i hear you dont global 10 times in 5 minutes normally :wise:

looks like main arena...

ma has beaten us to such a pulp that we even complain about winning...

how about if ma just does the testing themselves and not let us find the bugs for them, especially if they will lock us for it.

I have mined main arena and this was nothing like it. yes people do hit a few claims in the same area but, this picture I posted was just one of many.. the GD's and claims went on for miles in every direction. I'm not kidding I seen at least 50+ claims in 1-2 minutes running around North, East, South and West people playing the 'I didn't know it was a bug card' are full of dung.

So...

I finally arrived on Monria, losing 1 dung to a pirate, and now is down? Hey MA, let me "test" the mining 1 hour or two. Common... we are at least 10 avas here at TP :laugh:

I promise I'll stop after the 1st global.

this is me, mining planetside, and i took that screenshot because it is the first time i have ever seen anything like it, it was the only time i saw anything like it, it happened while i was conducting a test for this forum by registering all my claims, i was having a bad run, grew frustrated and double dropped until i had no claims anymore.
during this test i did 24,000 drops, got +/- 7000 claims, and this was the only time i saw this, and this was planetside, where claims are 5x as common.
so thank you for posting this arch, it proves how rare it is, and proves, in my opinion, that anyone claiming to be a experienced miner but saying they didnt know anything strange was going on is a liar.

my point in posting this screenie, is that sometimes it is not clear where we have to draw the line on whether or not we are successful or exploiting. in fact, the burden of proof should not be placed on the participants. it should be on ma to make sure that shit like this doesn't happen. so, I blame ma for this situation. I don't want to see anyone locked for what is a grey-area. everything should be black and white and easy for us to interpret. the more we have to use the honor system to self-regulate, the more of an issue it is going to be.

the fact in itself that there is a cluster of claims in an area is not proof enough of an exploit, as shown above. anyone that mines main arena (or anywhere on foma) will often see large clusters of claims.

it could have been that monria is finally a great place to mine. or, it would be good for a little while and then become shite for 5 years, who really is to know. you make hay when the sun is shining.

so, my apologies to fallen yours angel for making it seem like I was insinuating that you had found an exploit. he did not. but, once upon a time, he got frustrated, stopped and made 7 drops and found 7 claims. it wasn't an exploit, but an anomaly. who is to say that the mining on monria was accidental or an anomaly.

who is to say that the mining on monria was accidental or an anomaly.

MA says, indirectly. Monria is down.

my point in posting this screenie, is that sometimes it is not clear where we have to draw the line on whether or not we are successful or exploiting. in fact, the burden of proof should not be placed on the participants. it should be on ma to make sure that shit like this doesn't happen. so, I blame ma for this situation. I don't want to see anyone locked for what is a grey-area. everything should be black and white and easy for us to interpret. the more we have to use the honor system to self-regulate, the more of an issue it is going to be.

the fact in itself that there is a cluster of claims in an area is not proof enough of an exploit, as shown above. anyone that mines main arena (or anywhere on foma) will often see large clusters of claims.

it could have been that monria is finally a great place to mine. or, it would be good for a little while and then become shite for 5 years, who really is to know. you make hay when the sun is shining.

I totally agree that no one should be banned for this, due to it being a grey area and they can't possible draw a line saying "these are the exploiters" and "these are the innocent ones". However, a temporary lock during investigation is fair.

But you should've seen how it was this morning when people had caught on to the bug during the night. It's not normal that every person you see is standing in a 10+ cluster of claims. Especially when you know that even unamped, each of those claims is probably ample -> considerable. And also, as others have pointed out, everyone following the global messages could see that something was seriously wrong.

However, I'm disappointed at how MA has handled this. I reported this bug first thing in the morning when i logged in and saw that things had escalated totally during the night. But from there it took almost 10 hours before they took Monria offline. And bringing it up again, with the bug still there and without a notification to the players at all, is just a shame :(

Has anyone worked out yet how long everyone is going to be paying for this exploit? we got a 40k HOF then a ton 1k not to mention all the ones under 1k ped that hit every few mins. Loot will more then likely go to shit again and the innocent ones will pay for it.

i think it is pretty obvious that i blame MA for this fiasco, and many others for that matter, but i dont see how this is a grey area in any way, when you notice obvious bugs and then chose to fly back to calypso to get extra amps to take advantage of these bugs then i dont see where the grey area is, however much max pleads his innocence.
and in another case, when you notice these bugs, and wake up the next day and continue where you left off the last night i dont see where the grey area is.
and in the end, who do you think is going to pay for these exploiters gains?

Why not, since he's unlocked he obviously did nothing wrong? Go Max Go!!!

You remind me of one them people who have 'NOTHING' going for them, so you spend most your spare time trolling here & prolly a lot other forums to get attention. I'm not saying you haven't got the hots for Max but really that post was a little lame don't you think? Go Max Gooo... Steve loves you... ;)

Last edited:

Have to ask, but were you even on Monria today?

im sorry?
they said there were issues beforehand so its fair i said that they knew it was bugged, they also did not know that FOMA style mining was not working, this is a difference in 5x the amount of claims you get, it is impossible not to notice one is getting 5x the amount of claims as intended, and 5x less of a claim size therefore i think its pretty obvious that barely any testing was done AT all, i think what i said was very reasonable considering this fact.

i was on another planet and could see that mining was "off", just ask drew if you dont believe that people can understand what was going on there.
anyone who has mined more than casually would of known instantly that mining was bugged on monria.
you say that nobody can tell if it was intentional, but if you see someone global like crazy last night, and repeat the same today then i think its pretty obvious what is going on. we are not talking "fresh off the boat" noobs here, but players who are experienced with mining in general, and with FOMA style mining in particular.
just because you are not experienced enough to see it does not mean a lot of other people couldnt.

Fallen, I'm not attacking your perspective of exploiters. My point is clearly missed here. I simply wanted to point out that as I stated noone on the Monria side of the coin had any way of knowing that the mining was bugged to the extent it is now understood to be before the live date. The information provided was the details made available by MindArk. The Monria team had neither the responsibility nor even the ability to test it. In fact prior to the mini-patch the mining bug that occurred was quite the opposite as the indoor mining logic was not active at all. I have seen the countless threads of people's frustrations with various changes made to the mining logic over the years. I have seen the rage posts for both illegitimate as well as legitimate bouts of "mysterious good fortune". My frustration with all of this is this giant flame war and everyone out for everyone else's blood even for just sharing a perspective. I suppose we all like to do some finger wagging. My last note on this topic is a simple reiteration of my point that as I don't have the relevant details of the circumstances and would not claim to fully understand even my own motives or actions, I shall reserve the casting of judgement for those who are responsible for doing so. Mindark...

P.S. This looks suspicious... Must have been on the moon...

attachment.php

Last edited:
I think MA won't take away the claims. When the level 13 bug happened, I don't remember people telling me that claims/peds were removed from their acct. I did hear permabans though

So for this Monria bug, I think the claims won't be removed. However, if they are removed.... the very sad part is I don't think they're refunding any peds used for those claims: I.e: amps+probes + mu.

If people want the claims to be taken away, that still leaves an unfair amount in the loot pool since the amps + probes used isn't going to be refunded. Max mentioned 4k spent, others may have spent a similar amount, so we're talking 10-20k spent, all nrf, and thrown in for us to enjoy

fell asleep crafting to complete quest, with a bunch of claims unmined, but i bet those are probably illegal claims anyway , was hunting and dropping the last few of my level 5s as i explore the cave. searching really for the zolonite ore... found a couple of narc, typo and can't remember, blaus even, still didn't exceed 100 peds per find, i seriously think my acct is bugged, given how many people have been getting above class 15 finds... and all i'm getting is class 10 to class 12 with a level 5, woke up just 30 minutes ago, to see monria is down again ....

how long do i have to wait now :(
is there no ETA ? they should warn us to leave the planet, but i guess i was sleeping anyway ... lol

MA can take away all my finds...
i couldnt be bothered to mine all the damn lyst lol really sick of it
but given how the condition is on monria, with high classes and frequent hits,
i begin to wonder, if using lvl 8 amps and lvl 5 amps , SHOULD produce this result ?

badmine1.jpg

7/nov/2013

HOW are every one else getting bigger finds, =(

i really wanna hof bad to cover my losses, but i'm really sick of the shyt results i get,
even a friend could score a 2 k+ pedder and he barely deposited, a frequent miner can score 5 k pedder with only 170 + deposit, but for me , with lvl 5 8 or 11 or 12 amps on other occasions/planets,
this are like the best i could ever get ...

i have really SHYT luck

Last edited:

Must spread rep around.

And I just want to add, Fallens pic I am sure was tiny to modest...maybe even one ample...

After tons of info splashed around on Monria's mining NOT being like FOMA's ...first appearing days before launch, and during launch, YOU ALL WERE AWARE THAT IT WOULD BE LIKE MINING ON CALY until it was fixed.

WHEN THE HELL HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN UN-AMPED NON-STOP AMPLE'S ON CALY? Answer me that? You can't, and therefore anyone who got those over and over had to know something was wrong. Period. End of story. Good day, cheaters. We might not know who all of you are, but you do.

"I am not here to make friends. I am here to gather information...and stupid people make that so much harder." - SocMates

arhahaha i just had to do that... funny quote lol

anyway, i dont even dare to mine unamped , afraid that given all my spents, i dont wanna hit a uber with no amp on :( i might just missed that ATH multiplier if thats how mining is done...

therefore anyone who got those over and over had to know something was wrong. Period. End of story. Good day, cheaters. We might not know who all of you are, but you do.

This! This is my point exactly! There may be people who knew what they were doing might have been a result of a bug or even continued doing it after themselves determining that it could potentially be considered an exploit. There is no questioning that line of thought. Do I know who those exploiters are? Do you? The only people who could come close to having enough data to determine who is truly guilty of an "exploit" and who is not is MindArk. I just ask that we perhaps put away our pitchforks in the meantime...

here is a very viable solution or suggestion,,
before shutting down the planet,,,,, MA should exiled all inhabitants to a working space station :(

rather then let us all being stucked on the planet :(

oh well back to sleep and hope this comes back when i awake

Sorry I broke your moon:

MA to Max Uberhoffer: "I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity, in the center of a dead planet... buried alive. Buried alive."

Fallen, I'm not attacking your perspective of exploiters. My point is clearly missed here. I simply wanted to point out that as I stated noone on the Monria side of the coin had any way of knowing that the mining was bugged to the extent it is now understood to be before the live date. The information provided was the details made available by MindArk. The Monria team had neither the responsibility nor even the ability to test it. In fact prior to the mini-patch the mining bug that occurred was quite the opposite as the indoor mining logic was not active at all. I have seen the countless threads of people's frustrations with various changes made to the mining logic over the years. I have seen the rage posts for both illegitimate as well as legitimate bouts of "mysterious good fortune". My frustration with all of this is this giant flame war and everyone out for everyone else's blood even for just sharing a perspective. I suppose we all like to do some finger wagging. My last note on this topic is a simple reiteration of my point that as I don't have the relevant details of the circumstances and would not claim to fully understand even my own motives or actions, I shall reserve the casting of judgement for those who are responsible for doing so. Mindark...

P.S. This looks suspicious... Must have been on the moon...

attachment.php

8 claims that average 4 minutes in between is perfectly normal for amps foma or hell, with a 12 or 13. That is TOTALLY different then what happened on Mon.

I understand it IS a grey area in thinking "woot, I found a vein" and "something is wrong here" But PLENTY of them are good enough miners to know that mining was not how it should be, and they ran to grab their fucking L13's, and it is those I am upset with.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me??? 8 claims that average 4 minutes in between is perfectly normal for amps foma or hell, with a 12 or 13. WTF you think you are hinting that that is "suspicious"? That is TOTALLY different then what happened on Mon, and I guess you just aren't a good of enough miner to know that.

Lol, you end with that sentence, but then add a photo of someones tracker and indicate it looks suspicious. WHO YA CRAPPING???? You are a hypocrite.

That is my own tracker and my point is I'm not a good miner. How do I know when I should stop dropping? Not everyone on Monria who was getting these ridiculous claims is going to recognize that. Your questioning of my mining capabilities further illustrates what I'm saying. There were a lot of people up there who wouldn't have understood what was going on for shit and would have kept dropping anyway. I'd have probably been one of them myself had I been more of a "regular" miner, but I for one was much more interested in getting ammo than a second mining amp.

Last edited:
That is my own tracker and my point is I'm not a good miner. How do I know when I should dropping? Not everyone on Monria who was getting these ridiculous claims is going to recognize that. Your questioning of my mining capabilities further illustrates what I'm saying. There were a lot of people up there who wouldn't have understood what was going on for shit and would have kept dropping anyway. I'd have probably been one of them myself had I been more of a "regular" miner, but I for one was much more interested in getting ammo than a second mining amp.

I put this in as an edit after you replied, before I saw your reply:

"I understand it IS a grey area in thinking "woot, I found a vein" and "something is wrong here" But PLENTY of them are good enough miners to know that mining was not how it should be, and they ran to grab their fucking L13's, and it is those I am upset with."

So I agree with you on this part. The thing is, I know who ran to grab the 13's and who didn't. The ones that didn't, I don't care about. The ones that did, did so because they knew something was wrong.

Sorry for misinterpreting your tracker picture, it looked to me like you had pulled Fallens, so my bad, I apologize for ranting and will remove it.

So I agree with you on this part. The thing is, I know who ran to grab the 13's and who didn't. The ones that didn't, I don't care about. The ones that did, did so because they knew something was wrong.

I had 4 D-Class and 3 Level 5's, I didn't once think about going to the auction to get Level 13's even though I had enough PEDS on me to get 2 or 3.

On another note, while I do not blame the Monria owners at all, I do however point the finger straight at Mindark.

In the short time the server was up I decided not to drop more probes in case the bug had not been fixed, but instead to get all my smaller claims that hadn't expired, after sending a support case for the two that already had. I was nearing the end, had only several larger globals to excavate then we get another server shutdown. Now I have to wait and hope that the server comes back up again in time before they expire in a few hours.

In a nutshell: Fuck this and fuck MA. Fuck waiting months to get compensated for these claims, I'm sorely tempted to cash out everything and delete the fucking game......why the fuck would I give my hard earned fucking money to some mob who will just thieve it out from under me because of their own incompetence?

Once again, this is NOT directed at the Monria owners. I think you have done a wonderful job and, apart from the giant fuckup on MAs part, I was actually enjoying exploring there.

PS: Fuck you MA.

No problems at all Sunsout, we're cool. I think you and I are pretty much of a shared perspective on the issue. You certainly have more insight into the matter than I as far as whom you may have your suspicions of. I respect your restraint in terms of the name and shame game as I'm sure many have their own varied and possibly incorrect suspicions. I've just been watching all of the forums seemingly blowing up over this and it is wearing me out... All I wanted to do was get silent edit access for proofing my stories... LOL

Back