Question: Account locked!!!

disconnected 5 min ago while i was healing a customer and when I tried to reconnect >>> account locked.
TY MA :yay:

I just like to add that I feel for everyone that has been locked.

BUT

Lets not forget that this game entails huge amounts of real cash and if there have been people cheating in one way or another, then MA gets my full support to investigate that. I am not sure why communication isn't better at this point, surely they are aware that players suffer but maybe MA does not want to give away their current status on this matter.

IMHO commmunication is worst than vary bad. I asked over a week ago why I don't see any of my personal details at my account bookmark and have only message in upper line "Server not responding properly. Please try again later". I get an answer (after 4 days) that I should try again after few minutes (it was suturday). I wrote that I have such situation since 06.05 and it's not matter of logging after several minutes. Than they asked me about printscreen. I attached printscreen (monday). From monday I still don't have any answer what's wrong :mad:

why am i under the impression that this locking wave has something to do with mining, especially oremining? I got my own interpretation of the situation but i am not willing to state it on the forum, because i could be wrong. I just find it strange that many of the locked people are heavy ass miners...

/tinfoil hat off

i wrote this 1 week ago. All the big ass miners are still locked and in between we had a major change in mining. Current miners are claiming that mining claims are "buged" in the new system. The sizes do not seem to be accurate somehow. A rumor about an amp-bug is going around that somehow could be exploited to make L-amps be unlimited. Is it a rumor? I cant tell, but the amp system got changed, the finder system got changed and MA tries to sell us, that its for our convenience again. I cant point fingers at someone, but i wonder if those who got locked, to name here especially Raddim and Pavillion, who made their names by hitting incredible streaks on FOMA, know more about why these major changes happened, than they like to admit.

Still, my point of view is innocent until prooven guilty. We saw Teilk grinding CND 4-5years ago with OA103, saw Squall doing the same thing with his unL OA105 2-3years ago. Now returns of Raddim and Pavillion looked like they did the same thing with OA109, did they simply hit the roof and thus made the old system kinda obsolete?

Why did Strash got locked then, who claimed to mine with masses selfmade OA104-105 and made according to his log a nice ammount of profit? Did them heavy miners turn out to be a threat to the ressource market in general? Whom they got their amps from and what have those crafters to say? Why did those heavy crafters who are able to craft such enourmous ammounts of big amps get huge ATHs recently? To appeace them? To warm their cold feet? Does HELL play a role in this?

Just some questions that shoot through the head of somebody who was in this business of mining and oretrading way too long to not draw lines between certain points...

hi people, tomba is still locked and as far as i am concerned maybe it will take a few days more, i really dont mind cause this type of things make me believe that someone in MA worries about security..

my question is..

all people i have seen unlocked are ubbers and big investment players..

tomba is a non depositor..

Let's assume there is a group of miners who's stretching the system, one way or another and they're able to get more ores than they supposed to.
First step: They sell to you as a trader. You get the ore, they get PEDs.
Second step: They use their PEDs in auction to buy items.

My guess is that MA now has dismissed the people who just happened to have sold items in auction - and that they had to check if it was close to market price and not just "ped transfer". Apparently, it has taken about a week.
Now you're still locked, not because your a non-depositor, but rather that you did an immediate trade to one of the "primary causes of the masslock" (note - just a guess).

As long as you haven't done - in the eyes of MA - anything fishy you should probably be in line to get unlocked. Maybe that you have to compensate MA if the trades done were void and have to be reversed before you can get unlocked. It's if you did something like (partial) out-of-game trades, like receiveing the ore and then giving money IRL, it would be suspicious.

Maybe to get a feeling to how close an unlock you are is to look in the thread, get some idea about the people locked if there is some sort of common denomination, and think "have I done any big trades with anyone of these before I got locked" - not to put any personal guilt, but rather to get a feeling "how deep down in this am I".

We have a trader in our soc, buying/selling ores and such, I think it's generally a non-depositor, and he was ingame at least yesterday. So it's not true that all traders, or non-depositors, have been locked.

As for changes in mining system; I got a feeling this has been planned at least since mining claims got visible on radar, since it's now necessary, since using the finder once can result in two claims and the finder will show only one of them so find the second one there needed to be some easy way besides looking on claim deed. Well I hope lol. (I wouldn't be suprice though if it just wasn't a happy coincidence ,) ) And when it comes to returns, there are always ups-and-downs; while some people usually blame a certain VU for bad returns it's just probably the "loot swing" kicking in (and MA saving up for an ATH).

Last edited:
i wrote this 1 week ago. All the big ass miners are still locked and in between we had a major change in mining. Current miners are claiming that mining claims are "buged" in the new system. The sizes do not seem to be accurate somehow. A rumor about an amp-bug is going around that somehow could be exploited to make L-amps be unlimited. Is it a rumor? I cant tell, but the amp system got changed, the finder system got changed and MA tries to sell us, that its for our convenience again. I cant point fingers at someone, but i wonder if those who got locked, to name here especially Raddim and Pavillion, who made their names by hitting incredible streaks on FOMA, know more about why these major changes happened, than they like to admit.

Still, my point of view is innocent until prooven guilty. We saw Teilk grinding CND 4-5years ago with OA103, saw Squall doing the same thing with his unL OA105 2-3years ago. Now returns of Raddim and Pavillion looked like they did the same thing with OA109, did they simply hit the roof and thus made the old system kinda obsolete?

Why did Strash got locked then, who claimed to mine with masses selfmade OA104-105 and made according to his log a nice ammount of profit? Did them heavy miners turn out to be a threat to the ressource market in general? Whom they got their amps from and what have those crafters to say? Why did those heavy crafters who are able to craft such enourmous ammounts of big amps get huge ATHs recently? To appeace them? To warm their cold feet? Does HELL play a role in this?

Just some questions that shoot through the head of somebody who was in this business of mining and oretrading way too long to not draw lines between certain points...

your theory still doesn't explains why I'm locked- i'm also a miner, but 1) I mine usuallly with oa101 and from time to time oa102-103 2) I wasn't at FOMA as it was still called CND so perhaps since c.a. half a year 3) my "massive" use of amps is 3-4 per day and between I'm usually hunting 4) since end of february I play from time to time about 45min-1,5h.

disconnected 5 min ago while i was healing a customer and when I tried to reconnect >>> account locked.
TY MA :yay:

As people are still getting locked with no explanation, I think I'll refrain from doing any mining for the time being.

dont mind me - im just sub'ing
dont know if im locked but its taking ages to let me in .......

As people are still getting locked with no explanation, I think I'll refrain from doing any mining for the time being.

And this in reply to somebody who is a trader / colourer / healer for hire?

And this in reply to somebody who is a trader / colourer / healer for hire?

Well we dont have much to go on, if its just about reversing trades, why would someone be locked today, when others have been locked for 11 days now?

Is there more than one reason for the locks, is it a bug with mining, some kind of exploit, fraudulent credit card,a banned player able to log in again and sell their stuff (like with VU10.0), I dunno. :scratch2:

You are right though, I know miners who mine all the time and they've not been locked (yet). I wonder how long it'll be before Mindark say something either as a general announcement or to the players concerned.

EDIT: The common link may be player to player trades, MA may be going through all of them going back weeks for some reason.

Last edited:
OK a Few things to say. A. My account information is suffering the same fate i found out yesterday that it was all 'wiped' and the server Says try again can't connect...
So does it have to do with that? i don't know.

Secondly I crafted My amps up myself with my own ore or i bought ore if needed. I always Brought out a Set amount of bombs to amps and every Bomb and EVERY amp Always ended when it was suppose too. AKA IT ALL DECAYED.

Thirdly The system looks like it could handle my 1000 bombs a day....... and finnally: I respect MA to take these actions to get to the issue or Core of the issue. the only thing that REALLY bothers me is..... A. they LOCK all these accounts and SAY nothing to you. And then weeks go by and THEN they say oh ya we will Reply to you soon. A week goes by What is "Soon" in there world? is it a month? a year? So no information other then 'interenal' investigation.

I never Sold enmater/ore to traders I always sold my ore/enmater on auction or private trades to Crafters. Some weeks i have to wait 3-4 days for stuff to sell before i can go mine again..... That's the one benefit of having a unl amp. which i don't have.

Life moves on and yes i would love to be unlocked to continue what i was doing mining... The thing that really gets me is i was putting 8hr days into here for a good year and total time 5 years.... then they are able just to lock me with out a reason.. YOU too would want to know what THE $#%$# is up when you PLACED all this time and effort AND MONEY.... It's frustrating to me cause I feel 'depressed' About this cause of how much time i put into here. What did i achieve by doing that? Having a 'moderatly skill avatar' that i can not access untill MA says so?

That's unfair in my eyes.... I SUPPORT the game 100% I am alwyas there Defending this game. and now this.

I would like to See more a Time frame on when they will possibly be able to Get back to me with how my 'account' status is. But i get nothing I get no information nothing.
I don't want information on the internal investigation but i would like some 'closure' in the fact that how much longer it will take to get to my account.

Just SO everyone knows I was moving PED like it was water. As Shown in my Log I have nothing to hide from anyone it's all there and you can see what i was doing AKA mining for a good year +.

I had no Reason to find any 'holes' in the game AND IF I DID I REPORTED THEM to MA right away.
AND MA took actions to fix it.

Without A time frame, Information, OR Reason Why..... it's a crappy feeling doesn't make me feel like a super star.
Makes me feel like i Wasted all that time i placed in here. :(

I don't want that feeling. I saw Great potential in this game and Still do..... Except for this occurance.
But i guess we will see what will happen I assume again since they didn't get to my again this week nothing will occur.
And i bet they placed 1-2 people on this 'investigation' team and they have to go through Hours ANd HOURs of log to get to the bottom of what is going on. It would be nice to see them put more effort into solving this issue faster and more efficently aka Explaining to people what is going on. AGAIN I am not looking for all the information that is going on but sometimes a reply from the support with something is always reassuring that something is going on.

Either Way
I am going camping this weekend and going to take my mind off all this cause again it's not healthy for my mindset.

and I hope all goes well and MA really gets to the issue at hand and shows us they can get the people responsible for this 'error' and let the innocent back in to have some fun.

Peace

And good luck out there

Strash.

Secondly I crafted My amps up myself with my own ore or i bought ore if needed. I always Brought out a Set amount of bombs to amps and every Bomb and EVERY amp Always ended when it was suppose too. AKA IT ALL DECAYED.......

Peace

And good luck out there

Strash.

now then, if you bought ore that someone got exploiting a bug, your account is due to inspection, not hard to figure that out

on the other hand I do feel bad for people that are innocent and are being locked out, I can imagine how I would feel if it happend to me.
What I find most disturbing with all this matter is that MA does not respond publicly at all.
FFS MA you clearly have some sort of investigation in progress is it so hard to let people know that and ask them for understanding and patiance while matters are getting sorted?

as for the people that consciously exploitedthe system in order to drain the loot pool, hope all your assets get locked and returned to the loot pool, you had it comming

The problem here and has always been (imo) Ma treat each avatar like a customer at your local corner shop with not much at stake for any actions that happens in said shop.... however what they seem to forget is that a lot of people have things in here worth a small fortune which to everyone but MA, is an asset (no matter what way u look at it).

Up until MA change things for their gain or lock people, this amount of money or investment is there to be used whether in game or irl if liquidated.... if it is all of a sudden removed from you I can guarantee anyone would get just a tad annoyed.

Good Luck Strash and the other people locked. I really am disgusted (this is that poor) at how MA have reacted over this and on a side note... the other changes they have made ingame with no notice, whiping many many thousands from some peoples investments.

The problem here and has always been (imo) Ma treat each avatar like a customer at your local corner shop with not much at stake for any actions that happens in said shop.... however what they seem to forget is that a lot of people have things in here worth a small fortune which to everyone but MA, is an asset (no matter what way u look at it).

Up until MA change things for their gain or lock people, this amount of money or investment is there to be used whether in game or irl if liquidated.... if it is all of a sudden removed from you I can guarantee anyone would get just a tad annoyed.

Good Luck Strash and the other people locked. I really am disgusted (this is that poor) at how MA have reacted over this and on a side note... the other changes they have made ingame with no notice, whiping many many thousands from some peoples investments.

Exactly. Imagine following scenario:

You wake up in the morning and go to the bank to deposit/make withdrawal and you`re told your bank account has been frozen due to some internal investigation and that you can piss off until further notice.

How would you feel? What would that say about that bank?

Also, MA has ambitions of actually becoming a bank in 2012. I wonder how will this turn out the way they treat customers n what would happen if account would be locked as it would also freeze your bank account basically.

Following this locking bonanza, I know more than 4 very active players that are going to cash out and withdraw. One of the fortunate ones who have been already unlocked, has already started to cash out.

You know that it is not MA's right to tell the community what happened. Those who are actually guilty still have a right to privacy and only they can tell us what happened, if they so choose. I'm fairly sure we can take a good guess who we should ask what happened, but they have already denied any wrong doing, as they always deny being in the wrong.
Sure we can blame a lot of shit on MA but this is not one of those times. One person committed what seems to be a pretty serious offence, a lot of innocent bystanders got involved at no fault of there own. To make sure that these other accounts where really caught by accident they had to lock everyone involved. They have to first make sure that the locked account is not a second account for the original exploiter. Then they need to look back to make sure they where not working in collusion with the exploiter. You should be getting mad at the person who's disregard for rules pulled you down with him.

You know that it is not MA's right to tell the community what happened. Those who are actually guilty still have a right to privacy and only they can tell us what happened, if they so choose. I'm fairly sure we can take a good guess who we should ask what happened, but they have already denied any wrong doing, as they always deny being in the wrong.
Sure we can blame a lot of shit on MA but this is not one of those times. One person committed what seems to be a pretty serious offence, a lot of innocent bystanders got involved at no fault of there own. To make sure that these other accounts where really caught by accident they had to lock everyone involved. They have to first make sure that the locked account is not a second account for the original exploiter. Then they need to look back to make sure they where not working in collusion with the exploiter. You should be getting mad at the person who's disregard for rules pulled you down with him.

If you are referring to the vtol exploit with MJ, or if it's something similar in nature to that, why shouldn't we be mad at MA for creating features and then later saying that they are not a feature, just an exploit?

If you are referring to the vtol exploit with MJ, or if it's something similar in nature to that, why shouldn't we be mad at MA for creating features and then later saying that they are not a feature, just an exploit?

Wasn't referring to the VTOL exploit but in MJ's case he already knew it was against the rules to hunt like that and continued to do so. Also it is pretty clearly stated that you can not do anything that will trap a mob, preventing it from defending itself. So that was an obvious exploit, anyone who says they didn't know never read the ToU/EULA or are just lying. :)

One person committed what seems to be a pretty serious offence, a lot of innocent bystanders got involved at no fault of there own. To make sure that these other accounts where really caught by accident they had to lock everyone involved.

Since many of those innocent bystanders are now selling out, MA is clearly doing something wrong. Won`t you say?

Since many of those innocent bystanders are now selling out, MA is clearly doing something wrong. Won`t you say?

Anyone who's genuinely quitting over this would have quit in an emo rage about something else instead if it had never happened.

More likely the people who say they're quitting over it won't actually go through with it.

Even if a handful of people do quit, I'm sure there are a great deal many more people who feel reassured that MA take security and the health of the universe seriously enough to take actions like this. I am one of them.

Exactly. Imagine following scenario:

You wake up in the morning and go to the bank to deposit/make withdrawal and you`re told your bank account has been frozen due to some internal investigation and that you can piss off until further notice.

Such things happen every day.. money laundering, counterfeited money, fraud, terrorist funding.. Innocent people get "locked" bank accounts for investigations in those matters all the time. Or your office gets shut down for whatever investigation that you had nothing to do with..

Those migth be real dramas, a locked EU account is not.

Anyone who's genuinely quitting over this would have quit in an emo rage about something else instead if it had never happened.

More likely the people who say they're quitting over it won't actually go through with it.

Even if a handful of people do quit, I'm sure there are a great deal many more people who feel reassured that MA take security and the health of the universe seriously enough to take actions like this. I am one of them.
What Oleg said

Exploits actively steal money from us all, laundered through a system.
If exploits have been made and some one quitting (Even tho i think it is some way to try and take back control in a powerless situation) over it then i honest do not shead a tear, will just mean my return will go up a notch.

For innocent bystanders it must be horrible but i am confident that you will be unlocked in the end, with a "sorry for the inconvience" from MA, but remember you money will be safer than ever.

Keep the faith, and enjoy the wonderfull spring time :)

You know that it is not MA's right to tell the community what happened.

I think there are two problems.

First, MA has not made any official announcement or comment on the locks. Nothing. They don't have to say what is being investigated to at least acknowledge there is an investigation.

Second, locking an account without sending a confirmation email to the account owner is a poor practice. Again, the don't have to say why the account is locked only confirm the lock.

I think there are two problems.

First, MA has not made any official announcement or comment on the locks. Nothing. They don't have to say what is being investigated to at least acknowledge there is an investigation.

Second, locking an account without sending a confirmation email to the account owner is a poor practice. Again, the don't have to say why the account is locked only confirm the lock.

1. The reason why other people have been locked is none of your business or mine.
2. They did send e-mails.

Such things happen every day.. money laundering, counterfeited money, fraud, terrorist funding.. Innocent people get "locked" bank accounts for investigations in those matters all the time. Or your office gets shut down for whatever investigation that you had nothing to do with..

Those migth be real dramas, a locked EU account is not.

Oh please.

These are VERY rare and extreme cases you mention. On the other hand, half of the ppl in my FL have been locked and unlocked by MA every time for some "investigation", being innocent the whole time.

Also, who`s to say what can cause real drama. Many of the innocent who have been locked have many thousands of $ worth of stuff in those accounts. How many people in RL have thousand K of savings in their bank accounts? Not many, I tell you. Most have thousand k of $ worth of debt and credit.

1. The reason why other people have been locked is none of your business or mine.
2. They did send e-mails.

Exactly. I stated that before in this thread and yet ppl keep going on about this. Its simple guys it's not going to happen because no one not affected by this actually gives a shit they just want to know for their own curiosity.

problem is if you loose adiction..

more then a week passed since i was locked and do you wanna know?

starting to get a bit calm now and no need to medication anymore..

am i cured???

DAMMMMMMMMMMM, I WANNA LOG..

maybe not:)

bad news for me. i tried to login and im locked aswell.
Cant explain why, because i know bullcrap,like most, but surely i know i was no hard miner, two weeks ago i burned 70 amps in one week or so,but that is single run with such turnover ,and it is a lot for me. aswell , everything i touched since i registred, i was mostly loosing big, so i was bit of trader too. and nondepositor. i hope im going to get unlocked before weekend, otherwise i have to watch tv and drink whole 50 beers there :(

good luck all. please if anybody get new info , send me a PM. thanks.

By the way,little offtopic : Do anyone have experience with some forex trading and such? please PM too, thanks a lot! :)

And what if those internal investigations would be so big that when solved, everyone would start looting good like pre VU10.0?

just my 2 pecs :)

And what if those internal investigations would be so big that when solved, everyone would start looting good like pre VU10.0?

LOL

Sorry to say,but you are too naive :) but nice idea,thats 4 sure :)

Lock me! Me! Lock me! ;)

Back