Suggestion: Accounts on forum should have mandatory 'avatar name' field filled.

Evey

Stalker
Society
ROUA
Evey Eve Everglades
The most basic implementation of such a system would be to have the avatar name field required and check with db to be unique. No extra verification and in no way manual verification should be done. But havign that displayed for new avatars, the community (the curious ones) will do their research further.

potential benefits of such a system are unclear at best.
At the time of this thread was created, we had several new accounts trashing the forum and even if people figured out they were dodgy and reported them, your advanced systems took days and weeks to do the job even with reports from community. So yeah, the community would benefit from such a thing, anyone that would give two shits about this community could see that. But it's not the case, no MA staff gives the required two shits. Yeah I know this project (pcf) is greatly understaffed and having big workload took away any satisfaction, it's noticeable in your posts for some weeks now, this won't fix that, but this, along with other things you do, could help having a more clean air around here so new players could stick around for longer. We definitely need an active community manager but that's another topic......

Rock Stone

Guardian
I really did not appreciate finding out that Entropia Life was publishing my global data without my permission.
Now I think it's not so bad,
It's only linked to my Avatar.

I did not use my real name to create an MMO character.
I have not and will never create an account with Entropia Life.
I have not and will never join an SOC.
I have not and will never trade over the forums.
I have contacted sellers and requested them to list on the broker.
MA knows who I am when I created my PCF account.
I am not afraid to tell you what I am like, what I do, or my opinions.
You can probably find out who I am but I will not have a relationship with anyone outside of the game.

If you dont like it TS!

Rock Stone

Guardian
1. This an external web site!.
2. It is not part of the game.
3. Not everyone comes here for social media.
4. Many use the forums to express concernes to MA about current issues.
5. Many use the forum to get information about current issues.
6. Not everyone uses the forum to stroke their ego and get a really good social score.
7. Not everyone comes to the forum to sell their stuff so they don't have to pay broker fees.
8. Considering the current trend of doxing cancel culture and harrasment, using the forums should not require exposing any in game information.
9. Looking at posts it should be clear that the user is actually playing the game and inputing whatever contribution they deem to be reasonable.
10. Ignoring trolling and harrasing people who want privacy is the same reason that privacy needs to be respected.

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
While I love the idea and wish it could be done, truth is... There isn't enough manpower to handle it, no matter how easy you think it could be implemented. (Speaking as someone who's worked on the back-end of this forum, I should know)

It's easy to say "all YOU have to do is...", when you aren't one that has to do the work. But we have remember the ones involved in this forum are:
  1. Either doing it for free and have their other lives to handle
  2. or full time paid and already have their plate full

mspatterson

Old Alpha
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Count Sinner Gism
I wish there was a mandatory field for forum accounts to be able to post - full ingame name should be required.
There could be some limitations for the accounts without this filled, like in some help area or greetings area, but sometimes the alts created issue gets out of hand and it takes quite some time for them to be sorted, like in the past few weeks...

regards

Edit: at the time of creating of this thread, there were probably a few people that were keep getting banned but they kept coming back trolling hard.
i like it.. imo users should only ever see your avatar name if they wanna be to strict on not changing usernames!!!

mspatterson

Old Alpha
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Count Sinner Gism
and holy faak clearly i need to make some signature sizing adjustments jesus lol