Suggestion: Accounts on forum should have mandatory 'avatar name' field filled.

Why not just make the forum an extension of the entropia universe website - with further integration of entropia life, entropia wiki, bob the builder, entropiapets.com, and virtualsense. All one login, all one solution. Occam's razor? First we must convince the naysayers, normies and leftys that there is a problem.

Having to verify your PCF account, by email, with your EU account is not a punishment. It is an extra layer of security that benefits everyone in this RCE. This is very common with many other games these days.
This is a Real Cash Economy.
It should be welcomed by the honest members of the community.
The illegitimate accounts or those with multiple accounts are the ones, I see, that would have an issue with this or the people who just like to debate.

Indeed, some basic security, verification and single account policy would be a beneficial addition to this forum, I agree with that.

We have to keep in mind however that every medal has its reverse.
Measures should not be totalitarian. History teaches us that people who adhere totalitarian measures "for their own security, health or safety", unknowingly welcome the formation of totalitarian governments which has in the past lead to nazism, communism an different wars.

When a government or other organ does something "for your own benefit, health, security,... they got u by the balls..." Usually people only understand what is going on, when it is too late.

The goal justifying the means is a dangerous thing.
A good example of that is facial recognition 'to fight crime'. With this, every 'good' person is subjected to data mining 'for his own good', 'to find cirminals'. However in the end the 'finding criminals' was only the excuse to implement a totalitarian system that governments LOVE. After all, power-hungry people are never satisfied. In the end this will lead to behaviour control of the whole population. And the criminals will find a way to evade or elude the facial recognition.

Never forget, whatever the measures are, criminals will always find an alternative way.
Basically whichever security measure you implement, will only change the methods of criminals. It will never terminate their actions. Crime always adapts faster then the crime-fighting.

Another example of a totalitarian social(istic) medium is f$$$book that often puts out a middle finger to democracy and government regulation. And where the board has admitted that it, after its first step of data mining, has used its algorithms fo influence and succesfully change peoples oppinions on politics and other matters.

The way to hell is paved with good intentions.
The way to a totalitarian state is paved with small 'security' measures, stone by stone, one at the time. People usually say that the specific stone does not matter, "it isn't so bad,...", but fail to see the bigger picture.

Even on PCF, posting controversial ideas may lead to certain people who want to diss you for it, both in game or on the forum.

with love and respect for all opinions (that do not actively harm others)
N

Last edited:
We’re just talking about verified accounts on a forum.
No need to blow it out of proportion to bring up WW2, nazis, communism or totalitarianism to continue a debate regarding multiple and fake forum accounts.

E: I do agree with you that those issues are indeed a real threat in our world. You seem educated and passionate about those topics, as we all should be.
I don’t mean to dismiss them or any disrespect.
But I do not believe they are relevant or should be compared to this discussion.

Last edited:
Once upon a time I used to believe that adults were reasonable and intelligent people, I was a child then ofc. I then became adult and realised that many so called 'grown ups' are a long was from reasonable or mature in their opinions and behaviours.
Then I discovered EU... and my opinion of adult was revised yet again,, not all bad, just I realise when reading posts especially in this forum, just how much effort some people put into negativity, refusing change, failure to consider any position except their own, pure unadulterated selfishness.
Fortunately this is balanced at the polar opposite by bright intelligent people who write coherently and with proper consideration for the thoughts of others as well as potential benefits of ideas, rather than burying their heads in the sand.
Constructive criticism is a good thing, we can all learn if we stop, read, consider, consider alternatives and benefits, and then, only then, react.
Problem with burying your head in the sand, is your ass is now facing upwards, and makes you a wonderful target.

The sign of a true adult in my very personal opinion, and feel free to disagree, is to understand risk, to understand the need for solutions and most importantly to understand their is absolutely nothing wrong with compromise. Life is not about polar opposites, things are not black or white, they are a multitude of greys.

So please MA consider all that has been written here, both for and against the idea of linking forum name to avatar name, consider the risk, solutions etc and give us a reasonable, simple and easy to follow solution. Any improvement to reducing the number of alts and ex players who no longer contribute to the game, yet feel free to stir shit on here, has to be good for all.
Some communications from you on the pros and cons would be nice too :)

The way to a totalitarian state is paved stone by stone, one at the time. People usually say that the specific stone does not matter, "it isn't so bad,...", but fail to see the bigger picture.
Well, since we're going semi off-topic IRL style, please indulge me, as I share my humble thoughts.

In every situation that promotes "anonymity", that is where you find MORE cheating, rudeness, etc., not less. Think "Dark Web". Here are a few other IRL comparisons.
  • The Church shuffled criminally-acting priests to other churches.
  • Bad police to "transferred" to other stations in different cities/locations
  • Many companies/industries follow this practice of shuffling bad employees, instead of actually doing any punishment
Does this reduce crime? Nope. They increase due to anonymity and lack of punishment. And even worse is when the public finds out what has been happening.

In USA, we have a strict system of gun tracking. Yes, the paper work and related audits, etc. are a pain, but it sure makes it easier to track criminals.

Shucks, those who have lived in both a small town and a big city know that it's way easier to commit crimes when you can get lost in the crowds.

In terms of this forum, if in-game name connection were required, then yes, there is some technical ability to still create throw-away accounts to scam and spam with.

However, in the long run, I MUCH prefer it when people's comments are tied directly with who they are.

Being able to say whatever you want without possibility of punishment creates MORE crimes, trolls, rudeness, etc. Trying to avoid responsibility for what you say is not a good excuse.

Take me, for example. I've said some not-so-liked things here, but oh well. Those were my words. Mine. No one else's. So try to cancel me if you want.

TL;DR
IMHO, anonymity is a cloak used by criminals. Others may like it & want to wear it, but that group swears by it.

I am not sure I would have said criminals, but I would certainly consider Cowards. If you don't have the bottle to stand by your words, then maybe they should not be uttered.
It's not as if we are asking for RL names, e-mails or any other personal info to be linked or shown publicly, just your avatar name, you know that bunch of pixels that represent you and your reputation in game.

First of all, I think having (voluntary) verified accounts on PCF is a WIN!

In every situation that promotes "anonymity", that is where you find MORE cheating, rudeness, etc., not less. Think "Dark Web". Here are a few other IRL comparisons.

Tell that to ppl who live in Iran or China. Often their only way to communicate with the outside world or to move their finances is through the anonimity of VPN's. Else they are censured.

Last edited:
First of all, I think having (voluntary) verified accounts on PCF is a WIN!
Cool.
BTW, none of my words were directed at you, specifically. Your post was just the most recent, so I used that as my springboard.

Tell that to ppl who live in Iran or China. Often their only way to communicate with the outside world or to move their finances is through the anonimity of VPN's. Else they are censured.
Oppression isn't because the light is shown on the masses. It's because it's not shown on the individuals that run those evil institutions. Being censured enmasse doesn't require any info about the individuals at all. Only brutal power over the most common tools.

I also used to have a basic faith in humanity. Not anymore lol.

• The Church shuffled criminally-acting priests to other churches.
  • Bad police to "transferred" to other stations in different cities/locations
  • Many companies/industries follow this practice of shuffling bad employees, instead of actually doing any punishment

I recently realized a couple more allowed situations that amounts to sanctioned criminality.
  • They allow uncontrolled money printing and ALSO in the cryptosphere.
  • Banks lend out 10x and 100x of the amount they hold. Usary is evil.
  • The silver market and the stock market are rigged by "big naked shorts".
  • Don't let me get started on the voting BS.
As if there's some worldwide cult/religion able to cast kind of evil spell on everyone that allows them to rip people off and no one notices or cares. We are all doomed if you can't be bothered to expose the evils amongst us.

The problem with freedom is that humans can't be trusted to babysit themselves. The problem with the babysitters is they are human. A viscious circle leaving the only solution I can see is a Georgia Guidestone style Great Reset. In otherwords, communism is the only viable solution. Seems evil to me.

Last edited:
The problem with freedom is that humans can't be trusted to babysit themselves. The problem with the babysitters is they are human.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Still, as much as I personally love these types of discussions, we are getting a bit off-topic, so let's get back to the topic.

EDIT: Shit. My bad. Posted a long reply about a completely different topic. Whoops.

A simple solution to this is to have MindArk implement a Single Sign On (SSO) with the Entropia Account and have it connected to all official participating forums.

You would visit the forum, have a popup like Google does to signon and instead you'd enter your Entropia Unsername/PW -> 2-factor Auth code then the forum would instantiate your account with Avatar information like: Name, Age (when joined), etc

This would make a great Project Proposal for this system here:

EDIT: You can use services like Okta which give another layer of protection for Single Sign On as you sign into Okta with Entropia info > save it, and Okta then has it's own username/password>2 factor auth (simple explanation).

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple solution to this is to have MindArk implement a Single Sign On (SSO) with the Entropia Account and have it connected to all official participating forums.

You would visit the forum, have a popup like Google does to signon and instead you'd enter your Entropia Unsername/PW -> 2-factor Auth code then the forum would instantiate your account with Avatar information like: Name, Age (when joined), etc

This would make a great Project Proposal for this system here:

EDIT: You can use services like Okta which give another layer of protection for Single Sign On as you sign into Okta with Entropia info > save it, and Okta then has it's own username/password>2 factor auth (simple explanation).

And wouldn't you know it --> They are working on this kind of solution in the crypto space.

Three crypto Identity projects I can name off the top of my head:
Digibyte,
Litentry
and Selfkey.

I remember OpenID but nothing notable lately. But the crypto projects are way different.

Maybe the distopian future is worth resisting but better to capitalize on it and then run them over with your self contained SANDCRAWLER you build with crypto gains!!

Back