Question: Adjusted Excavator VS Modified Excavator

Geronimo

Provider
Society
AF-RFC
Natasja Nat Le Thon
Hi there,

i have an Adjusted Excavator Tier 1 and i'm looking for buying a Mod Excavator.
Technicly, Mod Excavator > Adj Excavvator.
But when i see Auction prices, Adj Excavator > Mod Excavator

i don't understand why and then i'm asking myself if i must sell my adjusted :)

perhaps because adjusted is most rare than Mod.

what is your view about this?

Thx

Adj and Imp are highly eco, Mod is not.

Mod is the most powerful however but that outweighs crap eco only in PVP4.

Adj and Imp are highly eco, Mod is not.

Mod is the most powerful however but that outweighs crap eco only in PVP4.
thx haruto !
you are right, dont saw eff/pec on www.entropiawiki.com ... mine is second on the list. then if i want more eco i must buy imp and not mod

i'll keep mine then :D

The other reason for the jump between Adjusted to Improved is that Adjusted really isn't more eco than an ME 01 unless you are sufficiently amped or frequently find resources that have low value (e.g. 0.01 PED / resource). If your last pull is an extremely low amount, such as less than half the capacity of the Adj excavator, you're basically burning PED just as you would with an overkill while hunting, which negates any eco gains from the previous pulls on that claim. The Improved will usually at least break even on each claim.

Eco in mining is a farce..

MA takes 5% of decay.. if adj decays 10 ped and mod decays 45 ped the difference in decay over a 2500 ped run is 6-8 ped at most I think.

Go for speed.. less time pulling resources means more time spent cycling which means more profits.

Eco is irrelevant in mining... or at least insignificant. An extra 400 ped decay per month, 5% of which is 20 ped... is negligent.

Last edited:

MA takes 5% of decay..

Can I get a link to the post where MA states they get 5% of decay? Also what makes you think that applies to mining.

If they would only tax decay, then most of the drop is the amp cost, thus mining is a joke.

Can I get a link to the post where MA states they get 5% of decay? Also what makes you think that applies to mining.

If they would only tax decay, then most of the drop is the amp cost, thus mining is a joke.

amp decay is still decay.. probe decay is still decay...

MA takes 5% of decay.. An extra 400 ped decay per month, 5% of which is 20 ped... is negligent.

Are you implying that excavator decay is returned in your personal loot?

hasnt it been said by MA several times over the last decade that there is no personal loot pool?

Your loot is based on your cost per drop in mining. I'm asking whether Rocket thinks drill decay is somehow factored into these returns. I didn't use the word "pool" btw ;)

hasnt it been said by MA several times over the last decade that there is no personal loot pool?

You should learn not to draw too much conclusions based on official statments. Why? You might ask. Because how many times have they been wrong.. Example: What did they say about loot 2.0 and how did that correlate with what we have now? :dunce:

Anyway, I would prioritize speed rather than eff/pec, since I also believe that additional decay is added toward loot, even when it comes to excavator and mining.

I also believe that additional decay is added toward loot, even when it comes to excavator and mining.

One way to test this could be with a mod excavator and a TT finder. You should have your answer very quickly with that setup :broke:

Back