FYI: *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation ~ Help the community by helping yourself

Lykke

Mutated
Society
OldTimers
Ann Lykke TheNun
adopt-a-newbie-banner.jpg

Dear fellow Entropians

We are proud to present to you the Adopt a Newbie Foundation.

Idea
It can be difficult to start a new game with no relations whatsoever. By signing up in our Newbie-profile 'database' with newbies not yet in societies, a new person in game might get great opportunities to be integrated in the community and in short time really feel how the game is and how valuable it is to become a member in a society.

Societies can from the Newbie-profile list choose to adopt a newbie for a 3-4 weeks period. By adopting newbies you can add new life into your society. You can also get help by choosing the members you would like in your soc from the list.

Interested societies can be written up on a list aswell and will be contacted when newbies are available on the list.

The purpose
- is to keep more people in game. Often new players do not return because they do not have anything personal to return to.

It has been proven more than once that the community and social values in game are higher than the gameplay itself. And if new people doesn't really know how to start, some might be shy and not that good to get friends or ge into societies, it might result in people quitting and never coming back. And the whole trust-a-newbie issue before you invite them as a soc-mate is of course also a barrier.

With this agreement you have no obligations whatsoever because there will be a written contract. Both the soc-leader and the newbie knows it's only for a sertain period of a 3-4 weeks. No one should be disappointed when the weeks are over and it's up to the society how to act from here - if they wish to expand the period!

The program contains both a contract given between the newbie and the society, which adopts them, links to guidelines, tutorials and websites with services, which might be a great help in the journey exploring Calypso! ANF also has a fund with items for newbie-kits, which will be handed out to newbies after a week in a society. All this provided by some great Entropians who wish to make a difference.

For more information please write Dalas, who is now in charge of the Foundation :)

On behalf of ANF
Lykke

Last edited:
Nice, helpful idea! + rep
I like the name: "Adopt a Newbie"...cute :)

Ty :) It's a very new idea, but we hope it will build some bridges one way or another ;) We are trying to gather all the tools needed for this!

Bumping up a nice and helpful service :)

haha I must say I giggled xD

Adopt a Newbie xP

Nice initiative =)

Thank you for the support so far :)

*Adopt a Newbie* Foundation have interested Societies so far - but we need newbies!!!

In the YellowPages you can find both the concept for Societies who wish to adopt and the concept including the form to fill in for newbies, who wish to be adopted.

If you know anyone who wish to get on the list, point them to me, please :)

UPDATE

We're thrilled to tell you, that after a few days we kicked off getting our first newbie application, as we also have a few socs listed who wish to adopt.

It is really great and we thank you for all the support and urge you to point newbies to the *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation, if a person needs help and wish to be more actively involved in the game.

We can also proudly tell, that we have a banner on the clientloader - and if that makes it more easy you may always point newbies to that as a direct link to the service on the Yellow Pages.

Also, let me use the opportunity to say thank you to a bunch of awesome people, who donated newbie items to the Foundation. The list can also be seen in the link in the first post. And also thank you to the EU guides and Tour Agency for providing awesome events and links to the sites - as other people who added their links and helpful information to the Foundation section (the tools for newbies to use in game).

Do YOU have a service pointed for Newbies? Send me a pm with the link and a short resume of the service, and I will add it to the list.

:) Lykke

Sorry - I'm not spam-bumping up this thread (yeah, I am ..) - but I just got more applications from newbies who would love to join a society!

Are you a soc leader and do you wish 'fresh blood' even if it's only for a few weeks time - and do you wish to make a difference?

Contact me, please :)

Lykke

Donations
You can also make a difference by donating simple tt things to ANF! We are in need of faps, mining tools and tt weapons.

Update!

The Adopt a Newbie Foundation is a success!

Thanks to great societies who dedicated their time to adopt newbies to help them further in game.

Since we started the 8th of January, we got 15 applications from Newbies to be put into the programe. 4 of these are adopted, and another 4 have gotten contracts sent.

Every day new people are signing up!

Luckily I'm in touch with societies who wish to adopt and I'm sure I will be able to find the newbies some nice temp homes - and who knows what will happen in future :)

We even have gotten a little success story here

:yay:

Gratz

Lykke where and when can I find you?....I will domate some items for Neewbies!....;)

Lykke where and when can I find you?....I will domate some items for Neewbies!....;)

Hey :) that is GREAT! I can meet you in game - just tell me when you're in?

I adopted a few weeks ago 3 Newbies.

Well, one of them is not exactly noob, he plays EU way longer then me, but overall he still has more to learn. :ahh:

It feels so good to help others grow and do well in EU :wtg:

How new do you have to be to qualify as a newbie? I've been playing less than 2 weeks. Technically, I do have a soc now but it was just a random recruit in the first couple days, and soc chat has been nearly dead the last few days it seems.

I've got some friends who are newer than me as well. Is it possible to do a group application? :)

*adds name to Svenn's group application*

Aye, we have a small group of friends that travel together over various games. Currently we are asking each other questions about a game none of us have played for much more than a month. I know we have MANY questions to ask, and with the vast growing world im sure they will continue to flow.

So yes basicly what Svenn said, how n00b is n00b? :laugh:

Ok

EU Outcasts is always open to new players who treat people accordingly and are not scammers. We have events and fun stuff to do. If we get more members maybe ill have a scavenger hunt. For more info contact us in game, through me, or via our website here.

Oh um

*adds name to Svenn's group application*

Aye, we have a small group of friends that travel together over various games. Currently we are asking each other questions about a game none of us have played for much more than a month. I know we have MANY questions to ask, and with the vast growing world im sure they will continue to flow.

So yes basicly what Svenn said, how n00b is n00b? :laugh:

I think I met him in game, you want to be adopted by the outcasts?

I get one randomly assigned to me if i decide to adopt one?

looking for adoption

i am a new player, but i was told there is a place on this forum with a programme to give me some guidance;

i started playing at Port Atlantis, but nobody really cares to talk to me there;

i am seeking for a guidance and best of all asoc or a person i can chat, learn in game!

please write me a PM or here; now, i go play; bye:yay:

I think i was the first adopt a newbie, this is a great program, helped me find my home with Lost Renegades.... I hope Support for this program keeps up!

so, who is adopting a newbie?

is there any one out there? nobody seems interested to adopt me... what do i do? can any1 help me with advice?

No need for advice shadow, you've got it all planned... just buy Sarahs 20k shop.

<removed by author>

Last edited:
This sound kinda fun... It would be awesome to train nubies and have like a championship. Where we can make the newbies fight each other and see who has the best newbie.

Is there a place where I can view what newbies are available for purchase?

This sound kinda fun... It would be awesome to train nubies and have like a championship. Where we can make the newbies fight each other and see who has the best newbie.

Is there a place where I can view what newbies are available for purchase?

I have adopted a few, already and the program is working pretty well.

Kimmi, if you want I am willing to adopt you and you can be my champion in the newbie fights? :p

(I realize you may not meet ALL the qualifications, but I'm willing to make an exception for you)

narfi

I for one would love to join this group if I don't have to leave my society.

I for one would love to join this group if I don't have to leave my society.

The point of this is to match new players with societies who can help teach them the basics of the game. If you are already in a good society, then you have already accomplished the main goal behind the program.

If you are happy with the way your soc has treated you and taught you in your beginning days, you may mention the program to them as something they would want to become involved with.

gl and have fun,

narfi

I am open to taking on some new players into my soc... have pm'd you

great idea btw wish it was around when i started, good luck to you and all those you help

Wow, how the hell didn't I see this thread before?! And I'm like, running this thing? :D

Anyway, I found it after all.

At the moment we are looking for new societies to adopt newbies so if you're the leader of a reasonably established society willing to take on one or more newbies (or if you're just in one of these societies, just tell your leader about ANF and ask if you can join!), give me or Lykke a shout!

Also, any donations go through me, so I'm your man for those.

There are important updates to the Foundation coming soon, I'll keep you posted :)

Help newbies, help yourself, help the community!

Peace,

Dalas.

Last edited:
Back