Question: Afk. Hunting

silas

Prowler
Nikopol
Hello all.

Maybe most of you allready know about this, but i only just discovered this recently comming to Cyrene.

I found these mob spawns, fairly public located, where people are AFK hunting. Yes where people are hunting while not near theyr computer. The mobs spawn at the exact same spot few seconds after its killed. And the afk. Hunters only come back atleast once an hour to take a new loot pill, and then continue the grind.

I did write few supports to MA, but didnt really get a clear answer other then they said that you have to be present while hunting.

My question is to you all, what you think about this? is this fine, or should MA change the spawns?

Im aware that people doing this have to be propably oveprotected in armor. But still being able to skill up in hunting while making dinner, watching TV with the misses, go to the gym ect. ?

Cheers

I hunt at cyrene exactly cause of these spawns. Tired of 95% caly spawns running between mobs and even mixed ones. These spawns means maximized turnover for both player n planet and can watch movie while huntin cause i dont have to move. I for one LOVE these spawns

Do not see why this would matter, i do not see why hunting bots are bad.

AFK or not, you're doing the same thing.

I hunt at cyrene exactly cause of these spawns. Tired of 95% caly spawns running between mobs and even mixed ones. These spawns means maximized turnover for both player n planet and can watch movie while huntin cause i dont have to move. I for one LOVE these spawns

I noticed you did alot of mang changs while i was there but do they also just spawn the exact same spot? i thought it was only the Puny mang changs, paneleon and the bile jellys.

Cheers

Whatever mate, seems senseless to me to spend ped and not even enjoy it, just to rack up a mission.

I prefer to be there for the action myself.

Rick

Pfff....

I always use semi-AFK method for grinding small and medium mobs

It is easy:
1. Consume autoloot pill.
2. Take your weapon and start shooting by pressing 'Toggle Auto-Use tool' assigned key
3. Press 'Select next target' assigned key...
When selected mob dies:
4-999999999 Press 'Select next target' assigned key...

Watch your video....

After one hour consume additional autoloot pile...or calculate loot

This method is semi-AFK and need constant control (your HP and weapon decay)

PS Do not use in PvP-zone!

Hello all.

Maybe most of you allready know about this, but i only just discovered this recently comming to Cyrene.

I found these mob spawns, fairly public located, where people are AFK hunting. Yes where people are hunting while not near theyr computer. The mobs spawn at the exact same spot few seconds after its killed. And the afk. Hunters only come back atleast once an hour to take a new loot pill, and then continue the grind.

I did write few supports to MA, but didnt really get a clear answer other then they said that you have to be present while hunting.

My question is to you all, what you think about this? is this fine, or should MA change the spawns?

Im aware that people doing this have to be propably oveprotected in armor. But still being able to skill up in hunting while making dinner, watching TV with the misses, go to the gym ect. ?

Cheers

Do you also expect someone crafting to click once, exit out of the crafting terminal, get back in it, select their bp, click once and repeat 1000 times?

Pfff....

I always use semi-AFK method for grinding small and medium mobs

It is easy:
1. Consume autoloot pill.
2. Take your weapon and start shooting by pressing 'Toggle Auto-Use tool' assigned key
3. Press 'Select next target' assigned key...
When selected mob dies:
4-999999999 Press 'Select next target' assigned key...

Watch your video....

After one hour consume additional autoloot pile...or calculate loot

This method is semi-AFK and need constant control (your HP and weapon decay)

PS Do not use in PvP-zone!

Yes thats the way i have done my low lvl irons missions on Caly aswell. I gathered a huge load of fouls and then just press NeXT target after each kill. But What im talking about here is completely AFK hunting.

Deselct "move to target" eat loot pill and then just auto use gun. And becasue the mob spawn the EXACT same spot after u killed it, you can just just shoot and shoot for and hour or an hour and a half, if using adj. lootpill. without ever touching the keyboard or mouse.

Do you also expect someone crafting to click once, exit out of the crafting terminal, get back in it, select their bp, click once and repeat 1000 times?

Crafting has allways been for afk´s. My question was simple if this was ok, since its basically against MA´s rules. Crafting afk is not against MA´s rules.

Cheers

So what is the issue here?
Its not like they are getting free skills or anything free for that matter.
Ma created the auto use tool exactly so people can auto use any tool. And auto loot pill is for... auto loot.

I often watch a movie with the ava on auto shoot, and press "next target" every time the girlfriend isn't looking.

I dont see a problem with it. Not sure how it's any different than crafting, repairing on an ship or sweating while being AFK. If its not physically disturbing anyone else in game. Why does it matter? If you dont like the idea of it, then dont do it. simple as that.

Some people were banned years ago for bot hunting loosing 10k-s of peddies .. now it is allowed ???

AFK hunting is not bot hunting.

If I were in mind arks shoes I'd see no issue. Most mobs if not all that this can be done on don't carry much MU to tank if any at all. Player point of view its easy skilling which is easy anyways. Besides I'm sure plenty of ppl are afk at the ark shared loot weekends with the lancers and whatnot. This is not a new issue nor can anything really be done about it.

Me thinks its time this thread is locked

It's a sad day in EU when 2 of the 3 core professions are now being enjoyed while away from keyboard :(

Make your game mechanics more fun MA!

It's a sad day in EU when 2 of the 3 core professions are now being enjoyed while away from keyboard :(

That's what ultimately happens when MA makes players grind the sh!t out of everything to get ahead. What happened to fun, indeed! :)

I don´t see a problem for MA/PP or other players.

I wouldn´t do it, just because I have had my experience with killstealers already even not AFK, it could be even worse when beeing AFK.

Lets not turn this into League of Legends...

3 out of 3... remember you can also extract your claims on auto use tool

Reactions: ZPF
Lets not turn this into League of Legends...

I wouldn't go that far... but to attract younger games you need something more than afk gambling/shooting/drilling!

If I actually knew how to hunt small mobs AFK probably I would do so, but I haven't even given it the time.

With a demanding 10 month old baby boy at home, it's simply not possible to spend the time I used to in EU. So, making use of in-game, provided tools and functions to hunt AFK or semi-AFK is most welcome. 'Auto-stuff' wouldn't be there if it wasn't meant to be used.

he has a good point auto loot pill there making easyer and easyer to do it:lolup:

they even took away when you just shoot if your not in pvp area you dont loose amo even easyer to shoot when your not there

even if your realy there or not your not gaining anything you still make the same most time your at a lost

I don´t see a problem for MA/PP or other players.

I wouldn´t do it, just because I have had my experience with killstealers already even not AFK, it could be even worse when beeing AFK.

I agree. You could run a risk of someone ks you. It could be a very devastating loss depending on how long you are gone for. Not a risk worth taking.

i finished all my jellyworms mission while afk hunting (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?283317-Insatiable-Hunger-missions-done), personal i don't see anything wrong doing that, just be sure the mob will not screw up and go in your side and out of your target while you are afk shooting, so when you'll come back you'll see yourself dead and plenty of hits in your armor (that happened sometimes to me)

of course i didn't do that for the skills (as someone mentioned), skill gain is too low.. 20 hours hunting jellys and i get same skills as one hour hunting prots, or maybe less.. i just do it cause i like completing missions.. i finished my puny mission on caly also while afk hunting, you can read my thread here https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-10k-punyl-mission-done&p=3254109#post3254109.. was a little uneco of course, but who cares..

note: just remember that crafters were using clickers in the past to auto press the craft button before MA add the auto-click option

where can i find the mobs and whats level have it ?

you can get the position by checking the screens.. jellyworms have 100hp if i remember right, puny have 10hp (i noticed that caudatergus have 15hp now but i'm not sure if bery still has 10 or 15)

3 out of 3... remember you can also extract your claims on auto use tool

Reminds me of the time I spent over 5 hours clicking to extract a 2k ped Lyst back in ??2006??. Would have hated to hit a 3999 Lyst/Oil back then.

Back on topic, I see no problem with this style of hunting, as it doesn't really give a player any advantage (other than obviously being able to do things outside of the game)

Back