Afroman's Hunting Log 2021

Post 2 updated,
one month left to complete the full year log... lets get over with it ... im done with this shiet

Bought a Adjusted ep.41 to complete the year with. lets see how this will go

Post 2 updated,
one month left to complete the full year log... lets get over with it ... im done with this shiet

Bought a Adjusted ep.41 to complete the year with. lets see how this will go
gogo. Looks very much like my own log in therms of tt return ^^

11 months done, 10 months loss, 1-month profit.
All the best for the last and final month of the log!

Post 2 updated,
.. 'im done with this shiet'
I know I should probably keep my faith etc etc but I really feel the same more intensively for the past 2 months and it is not even about the money but the feeling of emptyness this games leaves.

His TT return is normal, about at the expected result for the 60% efficiency and 50 (and below in past months) looter.
95.41% after 861k cycle, with 39.500 ped tt loss.

His main problem is:

Mostly dont bother selling stuffs for 50pec gains but oils and other stuff where i can do minimum 2ped profit per 50-100ped stacks i sell, else straight to TT.

When it comes to Shrapnel, it mostly goes to TT or sell if theres a guy screaming for it.

The shrapnel conversion after this cycle would be minimum like 5k ped mu.
The oils and other small mu stuff also adds up to a lot at the end, just have to keep them in storage till enough looted to sell.
Also using L stuff on 861k cycle is not the best way to keep the cost's down.

To be honest, he is not really follows the most important advice's peoples used to tell about how to be more succesfull hunter.

Maybe only farm daudaormur, mayhem, neomex, marcimex, caperon :p most markup i guess

Yikes, -$3170 but thanks for showing us your log results and happy new year!

I do super illogical things to do my personal tests to find out more details about the game. There have been many times when I know I'm losing, but I'm trying to lose more... I do all this in a range I can afford and that's why I don't care about this loss. But I can't boast of a negative loss after all this. I guess you make a big bet for shorter daily runs, judging by the total TT.

Why don't you try to hunt 500 HP mob with 15 DPS for at least 10 hours a day... find out how much is the max that a mob can take from you... do it for at least a month.
Then change to 20 DPS the same mob ..
Then at 30 DPS...
This will reveal a lot about the game.
How could you optimize something if you are not aware of its limits.

Regardless of the general opinion that sinusoidal curves depend on your personal condition... I disagree.
The sinusoidal curves depend entirely on the condition of the mob you are hunting. If anyone claims the opposite, let him give a logical explanation why there are times when there are 10 globals per hour on Calypso and other times with 500 globals per half hour.
Maybe we are all in the same sinusoidal curve? ;)

If you listen to my advice for 1 and 2 and if you pay attention on the MU loot... you will understand that the Loot has nothing to do with the TT of 2 and what the majority advises. So yeah, there is a difference in looking at better weapons on a larger scale, but even with standard ones you can have a positive income.

Don't jump on bigger mobs until you understand these 3 points. I am sure that at the end of this year you will boast of a positive result.

I see no reason to say that MU from the mob is important, I think you have experience with that. I don't think your problem is in the sales of stacks from which AH will take more for a fee.

The big hits are random and luck, don't follow the big hits, but stop at the best moment after long daily run.... every day.

Can you elaborate on point 1? Imo it’s impossible to prove anything on that small cycle if the outcome isn’t substantially different.

Can you elaborate on point 1? Imo it’s impossible to prove anything on that small cycle if the outcome isn’t substantially different.

I don't think it's a short period of time. And the points are rather to pay attention to the dynamic effects of the game on the mob.

You're talking about TT returns, which even the MA can't know what will be, because it all depends on how many active hunters there will be next month on this mob.

PPRPS.
From point one, you will have different maximum losses through different weapons... I mean, but until you do it yourself, you can't figure it out. That's why I pointed out that it's about optimization.

Last edited:
I1.
Why don't you try to hunt 500 HP mob with 15 DPS for at least 10 hours a day... find out how much is the max that a mob can take from you... do it for at least a month.
Then change to 20 DPS the same mob ..
Then at 30 DPS...
This will reveal a lot about the game.
How could you optimize something if you are not aware of its limits.

Don't jump on bigger mobs until you understand these 3 points. I am sure that at the end of this year you will boast of a positive result.

I see no reason to say that MU from the mob is important, I think you have experience with that. I don't think your problem is in the sales of stacks from which AH will take more for a fee.
Thanks, Deemer, for those valuable gems. From the markup available in any given mob, I lose 2% just from auction fees, so try to sell out of AH as much as possible; 2% is massive IMO.
@Deemer
Damm, interesting. I should have chosen you as my mentor :D
From 1 chat with him, I learnt something I had not thought about before. I knew that mobs generated a maximum ped loss which I coined Mob Deficits, but I never thought about minimising those losses based on the gun I was using. This makes complete sense as I started to notice a reduced loss capacity of 20 peds using a weapon that decayed less over my primary weapon. It reminds me of the old saying, the less decay your gun generates, the lower the overall losses. However, to get ahead, you still have to consider the mob hp, the activity level on the said mob, and the actual mob deficit, then markup/profit.

Last edited:
Thanks, Deemer, for those valuable gems. From the markup available in any given mob, I lose 2% just from auction fees, so try to sell out of AH as much as possible; 2% is massive IMO.

From 1 chat with him, I learnt something I had not thought about before. I knew that mobs generated a maximum ped loss which I coined Mob Deficits, but I never thought about minimising those losses based on the gun I was using. This makes complete sense as I started to notice a reduced loss capacity of 20 peds using a weapon that decayed less over my primary weapon. It reminds me of the old saying, the less decay your gun generates, the lower the overall losses. However, to get ahead, you still have to consider the mob hp, the activity level on the said mob, and the actual mob deficit, then markup/profit.
Sounds like a loot theory that could use another thread. So ur using two guns? Never heard of this before.

Regardless of the general opinion that sinusoidal curves depend on your personal condition... I disagree.
The sinusoidal curves depend entirely on the condition of the mob you are hunting. If anyone claims the opposite, let him give a logical explanation why there are times when there are 10 globals per hour on Calypso and other times with 500 globals per half hour.
Maybe we are all in the same sinusoidal curve? ;)
Let me just leave this one right here; interaction of two sinusoidal curves.

index.php

From 1 chat with him, I learnt something I had not thought about before. I knew that mobs generated a maximum ped loss which I coined Mob Deficits, but I never thought about minimising those losses based on the gun I was using. This makes complete sense as I started to notice a reduced loss capacity of 20 peds using a weapon that decayed less over my primary weapon. It reminds me of the old saying, the less decay your gun generates, the lower the overall losses.
Ding ding ding! Hidden key stat alert. Decay vs ammo ratios:
Imk2: 1.7%
Corro13FEN: 2.3%
Vast majority of 1.0 and 2.0 weapons: 7.5-10.0%

Shameless plug from a corro13fen user

Let me just leave this one right here; interaction of two sinusoidal curves.

index.php

Which exactly you did not understand from the 3 sentences I wrote. I want to say how you explain the connection of these 3 sentences, because in this answer there is no sense.

There is an Englishman here in the forum who needs to be spoken to in plain text, even though his language is used. Do you have a similar problem?

Sounds like a loot theory that could use another thread. So ur using two guns? Never heard of this before.

It doesn't matter what you hear, but what you do, I have roughly about 7k MU loot so far with 72k. And this friend has 1kkk with less markup. Once you are level 124 and have like his results, think about what you are listening to.

loot-graph.jpg

Which exactly you did not understand from the 3 sentences I wrote. I want to say how you explain the connection of these 3 sentences, because in this answer there is no sense.

There is an Englishman here in the forum who needs to be spoken to in plain text, even though his language is used. Do you have a similar problem?
Ooh spikes outwards lol
It was not a knock on your post per se (I agree with most), but rather a complement in regards to the claim there is one sinusoidal curve (the mob) only.

Ooh spikes outwards lol
It was not a knock on your post per se (I agree with most), but rather a complement in regards to the claim there is one sinusoidal curve (the mob) only.
I just don't know what to expect from this forum. I play a game that has frequent metamorphoses, while many play something else but write here. Conflicts arise ... it is shield, is not spikes. Have a nice day.

It doesn't matter what you hear, but what you do, I have roughly about 7k MU loot so far with 72k. And this friend has 1kkk with less markup. Once you are level 124 and have like his results, think about what you are listening to.

loot-graph.jpg

If I just understood what you are trying to say I might agreed but I don't understand it. might be a language thing or just me beeing stupid :)

If I just understood what you are trying to say I might agreed but I don't understand it. might be a language thing or just me beeing stupid :)

In fact, I wrote all this in this very topic, because it is indicative that the long annual runs, with which some players like you lie to every new player are completely untenable.

If you have better advice than me that would be helpful, nothing stops you from doing so or pointing out any omissions or mistakes in my tips.

This person has a negative result even after markup.

Apologies such as using L-type weapons only show a non-functioning toilet (trade) ... in which even if you lie to someone that a UL items are the best option, if this person is not an idiot, he will understand that his loot must also be realized in the market in order for his actions to make sense.

In short, the topic itself shows that the game is looking for oligophrenics with an extra $100k who still believe in Santa's tales ... which are actually Very Very Extremely Very rare exceptions these days.

Your comments are absolutely inadequate for the level you are ... but I really appreciate the effort you put in to write a whole sentence.

“Some players like you” What? Have I posted any theories in Afromans log?

I didn’t say I disagree with your theory but that’s mainly because I don’t understand what you are talking about.. Tried to ask others also but all we see is a vague story about some tests with very low volume.

“Some players like you” What? Have I posted any theories in Afromans log?

I didn’t say I disagree with your theory but that’s mainly because I don’t understand what you are talking about.. Tried to ask others also but all we see is a vague story about some tests with very low volume.

gogo. Looks very much like my own log in therms of tt return ^^

What volumes are you talking about ... these are 1kkk ped.

Give something more of yourself instead of talking without saying anything again.

There is too much in the hunt to write in one comment. What I have written, I think is much better than the advice "Just shoot with 1kkk a year and count on lucky aces to win".

Last edited:
What volumes are you talking about ... these are 1kkk ped.

Give something more of yourself instead of talking without saying anything again.
That’s not a theory..

Those 10hour tests at 10-30dps isn’t 1kkk turnover.

I’m asking about what you are trying to say simple as that. I’ve actually repeated it quite some times now and if you don’t want to elaborate just say so ^^

I never asked of review of my returns. I do ok if that’s what you want to know. Picked up about 18-20k ped MU this mayhem. But I’m still interested to read and evaluate others opinions to see if I can improve. I know that I don’t know everything and try to learn a new thing every day.

That’s not a theory..

Those 10hour tests at 10-30dps isn’t 1kkk turnover.

I’m asking about what you are trying to say simple as that. I’ve actually repeated it quite some times now and if you don’t want to elaborate just say so ^^

I never asked of review of my returns. I do ok if that’s what you want to know. Picked up about 18-20k ped MU this mayhem. But I’m still interested to read and evaluate others opinions to see if I can improve. I know that I don’t know everything and try to learn a new thing every day.

The chances of multiplication increase or decrease with the bigger / smaller bet (weapon). It is also equivalent to the chances of prey.
But a bigger / smaller bet on a longer hunt also means a bigger loss or less loot.

All I've written about this is to balance the weapon / mob, where the loot would be decent after a normal global for example... or a series of small ones. And once there is a winning stamp to try to improve it.

The other point is just to pay attention to the loot you receive during the test period. Although with the same weapon, it will have a different value on different days. And this is a result of the state of the mob, which they call sine waves, to be more understandable.

Most likely someone gave you an avatar at level 124 at Christmas, I guess Looter at level 80, and you don't care. But most of us start at level 1. I want to say how, a new player has tried to understand what i wrote, but you did not understand it... in a topic that is not mine with a one-year duration with a constant negative loss, which you encouragement out in the above your comment.

If you want to take you seriously, give more of yourself. I'm even convinced you don't know the meaning of the word theory.
I'm talking about optimizing a weapon for a mob you hunt, and you're turning it into loot theory. I think you're really missing something between your ears. So Not, your Long Run Theory, by which you lie to anyone looking for information here, has just become a laughing stock with this topic.

Level 124, 420k skill points... I see that you have something to be proud of.

Last edited:
The chances of multiplication increase or decrease with the bigger / smaller bet (weapon). It is also equivalent to the chances of prey.
But a bigger / smaller bet on a longer hunt also means a bigger loss or less loot.

All I've written about this is to balance the weapon / mob, where the loot would be decent after a normal global for example... or a series of small ones. And once there is a winning stamp to try to improve it.

The other point is just to pay attention to the loot you receive during the test period. Although with the same weapon, it will have a different value on different days. And this is a result of the state of the mob, which they call sine waves, to be more understandable.

Most likely someone gave you an avatar at level 124 at Christmas, I guess Looter at level 80, and you don't care. But most of us start at level 1. I want to say how, a new player has tried to understand what i wrote, but you did not understand it... in a topic that is not mine with a one-year duration with a constant negative loss, which you encouragement out in the above your comment.

If you want to take you seriously, give more of yourself. I'm even convinced you don't know the meaning of the word theory.
I'm talking about optimizing a weapon for a mob you hunt, and you're turning it into loot theory.
Yep, nothing weird for anyone who does tests of their own to understand everything you said here makes total sense.

Back