After some months, for the 1st time I'm out of sync with 2-Factor-Authentication (using Authy) , any help ?

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hallo Friends :)

today I logged in as usual, stayed ingame for 2 hours then logged off.
And everything was ok, as usual : I've been using 2FA with Authy for months, never had a problem.

After some hours I tried to login again, password ok, then 2FA :
but this time, entering the 6 digit code, I only get "Incorrect 1 time code, Please try again", and I never experienced this problem before.

How can I fix this quickly without calling Support (that might take days) ?

Thx, for any help (y)

Paul

Last edited:
just send a support ticket under login issues and have then re-sync your 2fa key.

literally will take 15m... but if you want another hour, support staff will be gone for the day because it's summer and swedes don't work past 2pm.

just send a support ticket under login issues and have then re-sync your 2fa key. literally will take 15m...

Thx Sean, Support-Case open : reported my login problem, so now I will wait until they re-sync me.

Make sure your time-zone is correct on your phone. Can cause sync errors with 2fa, probably the most common cause. Otherwise, yea support is your best bet.

Send a copy of your ID. They will ask for it. Will save you a 2nd wait time on them if you attach it to the support case now.

Make sure your time-zone is correct on your phone. Can cause sync errors with 2fa, probably the most common cause. Otherwise, yea support is your best bet.

Thx. Yes, time zone correct, I didn't change anything after my 2 hours ingame in the morning.

Ok, problem solved (basically the Support deactivated my 2FA, then I just reactivated it, then creating a new token on Authy).

Aftermath, "when sync is lost, is lost" :
therefore a faster way to deal with this de-sync incident was to deactivate 2FA by the Entropia Pocket Recovery Code, then to reactivate 2FA again,
then creating a new token on Authy.

Last edited:
Can you use Third Party like Google Authenticator in place of the Entropia pocket app?

Can you use Third Party like Google Authenticator in place of the Entropia pocket app?

Sure ; I've been using Authy following the feedbacks found in these forums.

-Update-
After restarting my 2FA in July (using Authy as usual) all worked well for about 1 month, then I lost my sync again :
this time I simply deactivated my 2FA by my Entropia Pocket Recovery Code, then I immediately reactivated the 2FA, using Authy.

Then all worked ok, again for about a month : after that, the same problem has returned (lost sync with 2FA while using Authy = impossibility to access Entropia Universe).
This time I don't find my Entropia Pocket Recovery Code, so I had to open again a Support Case (case number 430688 , opened yesterday),
I sent also my Scanned ID, but no answer received since ...

Please if any MindArk Official can help, or post any feedback here , that would be very appreciated.

Thanks (y)

Paul

Last edited:
Ive had incorrect codes due to the clock of the phone being a few seconds off. Then when the code was fresh or almost over it wouldnt take it. Connecting it to the internet fixed that, so the clock could sync.

Ive had incorrect codes due to the clock of the phone being a few seconds off. Then when the code was fresh or almost over it wouldnt take it. Connecting it to the internet fixed that, so the clock could sync.

Thanks (y)

I see on my system that the clock is automatically synchronized (last sync was done just yesterday).
So still losing sync with my 2FA after some weeks (1-1.5 month) is a bit mysterious and annoying.

-UPDATE- Next time I will try another Time-Server, for now I'm waiting any Support answer, or any feedback by MindArk Officials.
Thanks (y)

Last edited:
september , 21 -- 2FA active again
(thanks Support, it took a couple of days but all OK at the end (y))

Now I've changed the Time-Server on my System, I hope this solves my recurring problem.
So let's see how this evolves next weeks/months...(y)

Yesterday evening, October 23, I lost again Sync on my 2FA (2 Factor Authentication), so the infamous "1-month law" is still in place :confused:
Therefore, changing the time server -as I wrote in my last message, 1 month ago- hasn't worked at all :confused:

Some minutes ago, I deactivated my 2FA (using the Recovery Code) then I reactivated it,
BUT I noticed that this time the EP Recovery Code hasn't been provided (there was only the QR code : I'm 100% sure, since I took a screenshot) :

this means that next month -when I likely lose again the sync on my 2FA- I will have AGAIN to contact Support asking them to deactivate my 2FA
(like I had to do in September)... This is quite a time-consuming process, unpleasant ... :confused:

(and btw, How will new Players react to this kind of "unexpected surprises" when they experience them ?
I do think this recurring problem related to current 2FA is NOT good for Player-retention
)

Last edited:
Update -and also closure- of this Thread.

This might help someone who experienced my same problem (=going often out of sync with 2-Factor-Authentication) :

I managed to solve my recurrent problem, caused mostly by my lack of experience with 2-Factor-Authentication and its dynamics, just synchronizing my System-clock with the preferred time server (=any time server you choose should be ok ), JUST a moment BEFORE Login ingame. As simple as that (y)

Since my last message (october 24, 2023) this problem has just been definitely overcome 👍

Back