Suggestion: allow universal ammo or shrapnel as a residue for crafting purposes

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Residue prices have dropped to very low markup, comparable to the 101% conversion rate when converting shrapnel to ammo, so why not just allow universal ammo or shrapnel as a residue for crafting purposes... just stick another couple of tick boxes in the crafting machine

Oh noe the puir wee EP gamblers.

Nah I think I prefer residue, as I'm always using it by...you know...crafting. :p.
Since Universal ammo isn't used in any blueprints either (that I know of) I don't see a benefit of including it, except the benefit to Mindark by forcing Crafters to cycle it through a weapon.
I guess you could have it as an option but I really don't see enough of a point.

that would penalize first round of crafting
sometime they sell for 102%.
forcing antoher fixed price item (i think to enhancer TT item and nanocubes) would lead to balancing problems.
remember that 1.5% TT over 1m ped cycled can be 1 month wage........

They should just make a tool and let as repair items with uni ammo, L tools and L bps same as repair tool. This will solve lots of problems

Last edited:
@ Alina... a repair Tool works with Welding Wire.. if you use Uniammo the economy of WW would vanish...
it does not solve a problem,,. moves it in another point

@ Alina... a repair Tool works with Welding Wire.. if you use Uniammo the economy of WW would vanish...
it does not solve a problem,,. moves it in another point

Nope i mean thePortable Repair Unit that use only TT.

that item pay for repair in term of "Decay of terminal"
making it use ammo would make it last longer creating a blance proiblem with crafters of portable repair
again it is "shifting" the issue in another place...
my first thought.. i see uni ammo just as surrogate per nanocubes to allow EP crafters use them.....
that would help box opener to use ammo instead of dropping or hunting

Spammer or whatever above aside, I’m still in favor of this only if it’s for shrap. I seem to recall a premature VU notes said they were adding that too, but maybe it was only intended as shrap to crafting loot. UA is meant to be bound for TT in for that account though, which doesn’t really match what residue is used for (residue is only consumed on a success with no TT loss or profit tied to the residue).

Before residue prices went up, they were hanging around 100.5 to 101%, which would ballpark to the current shrapnel conversion. That would help keep prices down too, especially as it seems there are fewer EP4 crafters feeding the residue need. For most component crafting, a return to 101% sure wouldn’t significantly affect my crafting returns either.

Basically, it seems like shrapnel is already set up well to be a universal residue given how the alternative conversion to UA is set up.

Last edited:
I never paid much attention to it. As one of the commenters, I also don't see the benefit of including them if universal cartridges are not used in almost any drawing.
"Mum can we get a spammer?"

"We have a spammer at home"

Spammer at home:

Back