Suggestion: Allow us to open all the strongboxes within a stack at once

Do you agree with this suggestion

• Total voters

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Please, allow us to open an entire stack of strongboxes at once (if we have enough keys in inventory, of course). Without removing the option to open them individually if you want to.

You have recently increased the strongbox stack limit from 50 units to 5.000. Do you expect someone to sit there and open 5.000 boxes one by one? or even 1.000? this is ridiculous. Your top priority should be to encourage active gameplay.

Right click on a stack > Open All > Are you sure? > Yes/No

@Ludvig|MindArk

Thank you !

Last edited:
My first concern with opening boxes, is getting RSI from the many clicks that are needed to open each box.

I'd rather have boxes hotkey-able, i.e. dragging your stack of boxes to a key, and that key allows you to instantly open a box of the stack, reducing the amount of needed clicks, but still keeping some fun at it.

Another option would be, considering boxes as being an item that can be equiped, like tools or weapons. As suggested above, pressing the F key would open the box, and again reducing the amount of needed clicks.
I wouldn't mind this being visualized, as in, you can see that someone has a box in his hand.

I agree that 'open this stack of boxes instantly' would be an interesting option, receiving a TON of items in loot simultanuously, and perhaps a couple of rare item hofs right on top of eachother.

MA will implement this dont wory. Also autoklick for hunting just like for crafting. Then mining. There is not much game left.

Do you expect someone to sit there and open 5.000 boxes one by one? or even 1.000? this is ridiculous. Your top priority should be to encourage active gameplay.
Yes, people have been opening even more than 5000 boxes one by one in 50 stacks for years.

No. This idea would never work and shouldn't be done. Most likely the lootius servers can't handle that many loot events at once (imagine 50 people opening 1000 boxes at once) that's 50000 loot events in one second. Also there's the problem of loot wave camping abuse from this option as well.

I do agree like other suggested due to RSI concerns, make it so you can hotkey it.
An option to skip the animation automatically as well would save time and allow ppl to hunt with less distraction while opening boxes.

That would make it too easy for players to camp loot waves (if you believe in that sort of thing).

This.

Lootwaves are real, anyone who disagrees is blind, thats why globalticker is one of the most important sources of information ingame. And also a key clue to how to work the system from different angles, esp during events.

Remember the good old days when crafting was a one click/ one craft affair. That's what opening boxes is like. I hate it. Especially when, after all that, all you got was a hermetic ring.

Remember the good old days when crafting was a one click/ one craft affair. That's what opening boxes is like. I hate it. Especially when, after all that, all you got was a hermetic ring.

Well, if interacting with the game feels awkward, perhaps Entropia isnt a good fit for you?

No. This idea would never work and shouldn't be done. Most likely the lootius servers can't handle that many loot events at once (imagine 50 people opening 1000 boxes at once) that's 50000 loot events in one second. Also there's the problem of loot wave camping abuse from this option as well.

Who said each box needs to be a separate loot event? I said "all at once". Instead of 1000x 10 PED loot events over 2 hours you would get one single 10k PED loot from the strongbox loot tables. If you ask me this is much better for the server.

But I didnt talk about implementation, I dont care, that's MAs job. You are all fixated on the wrong things.

Today I saw a streamer open boxes for more than two hours, it was the saddest thing ever and he kept complaining, very rightfully.

And about the "loot waves"... well then fix them too while you are at it. If besides making suggestions we have to also take every single bug and glitch into account we would never suggest anything.

I dont care about specifics, having us open boxes one by one, requiring multiple clicks each is just terrible design. Period.

Thank you all for your input :)

1000 boxes takes around 2 hours to open thats like 2 wasted hours of game time as i dont count sitting and opening boxes as gaming so ... Yes Please add the option to Open all at once.

That said, I have seen people opening boxes while hunting. I imagine it would be much easier while crafting or mining though since you often have bits of downtime.

I agree whit the option to open muliple boxes at ones, it takes a borring shit load of time when u want to open 500,1k,2k,3k,4k,5k+ specialy the affort it take so a hotkey or open all in one click would be verry nice to implement in this game,, and why not ppl gamble whit explo automaticly so why not whit boxes ?

You can use spacebar after the first click with the mouse spam spacebar, RSI is a concern.
Tip:find a place where there is not space to jump.

I would like an option to open any of theese boxes at all :giggle::oops:. As a Swede im kinda locked out from any boxopening ....

I would like an option to open any of theese boxes at all :giggle::oops:. As a Swede im kinda locked out from any boxopening ....
Check auction for strongbox key blueprint and craft to open :)

Check auction for strongbox key blueprint and craft to open :)
Yeah there was one with 64 clicks for 1280 ped BO :LOL::LOL:. Nothing since then afaik

As soon as this pandemic is gone, take a cruise to Mariehamn, buy a prepaid Mobildata card from Ålcom, and start
opening boxes while the ship is in harbour. :p

They could make it run a bit like crafting. Each box is opened individually, but you don't have to be physically doing it, and can be doing something else at the same time. Maybe a happy medium.
That would work.

Best way I have found to get through this painful experience. Open the first box, then put a weight on the space bar. Then just double click the box stack until finished. Some mice have RSI settings to make a double click bindable to one press, so you can set that up to cut the amount of inputs needed in half.
Some keyboards can be made to do mouse inputs too. There is also the built in windows functionality of mouse keys.
I could go one step further and bring up the naughty M word but that might get people riled up.

Looks like we got a little something to alleviate this issue in the last release:

Changes
  • Added “Next” keypress feature to open strongboxes. The “Next” keypress is bound to the spacebar.
    • Single press “Next” to open boxes and press again to open items within.
    • Hold “Next” to skip through the box and item opening animations consecutively.
Originally Posted Here

Great success :p

My guy, you obviously do not know how loot waves work. If you open all boxes at once, how are you going to try and tap in to the loot wave and get a bigger chance of looting a ring or something half decent? 🤣🤣

All waves happen at the same time...

I would swear that I had previously dragged a stack of strong boxes to a hotkey. In fact I tried a couple of weeks ago and I was quite stumped by why they would remove that.

I've been absent so at this point I'm guessing maybe something around the time of the stack size change? Surely it's not just me?

Anyways, I swear sometimes when you say wave around here, half the people reading the forums think of a beach. Or I don't know what.

Back