Also didn't recieve PED from deposit :C

Dorvan

Well I just saw another similar post to what I'm about to write here, so I'm beginning to wonder exactly how many people are effected by this..

I'm new to this game and I recently decided to make a deposit through the Calypso website to register my card and also get in game PED. I used my bank debit card to do this online transaction, and deposited 20 USD onto my PED card. From what I've read, deposits are normally instant.. however, in game I haven't received any of the PED that I paid for! The transaction also doesn't show up on the in game transfer screen, so I sent a support request with much the same description as what I'm posting here. Not much has happened since, except my bank statement is showing I tossed $20 at mindark.com... I've enjoyed playing this game enough that I really don't mind spending money on it, but I really need to get what I paid for. The transaction occurred on 8/2/13, and still nothing.

Should I be mad? I'm hoping this is some silly error that can be corrected, because I really don't enjoy being robbed.. :C

Well I just saw another similar post to what I'm about to write here, so I'm beginning to wonder exactly how many people are effected by this..

I'm new to this game and I recently decided to make a deposit through the Calypso website to register my card and also get in game PED. I used my bank debit card to do this online transaction, and deposited 20 USD onto my PED card. From what I've read, deposits are normally instant.. however, in game I haven't received any of the PED that I paid for! The transaction also doesn't show up on the in game transfer screen, so I sent a support request with much the same description as what I'm posting here. Not much has happened since, except my bank statement is showing I tossed $20 at mindark.com... I've enjoyed playing this game enough that I really don't mind spending money on it, but I really need to get what I paid for. The transaction occurred on 8/2/13, and still nothing.

Should I be mad? I'm hoping this is some silly error that can be corrected, because I really don't enjoy being robbed.. :C

Yes, you should be mad..BUT this isn't common. All my deposits in the past have been in game and not through the website, so I'm just guessing that the link between the website and game is kind of slow right now. Your money should show up in game at some point in the near future.

I made a test depo to wife's account now (using website too). All money immediately appeared in the game and in transaction history

Thanks for the responses, definitely not wanting this to go unnoticed.

So, it's likely to show up in the near future, and not many people are having this problem. Good to know at least. It definitely makes me feel insecure about future deposits especially with the lack of support from gms or admins, or whoever runs or *fixes* the show around here. So besides the in game support requests which they seem to take their dear old sweet time responding to, who can I get in contact with to see that this issue gets fixed? Again, thanks for looking and taking action on this thread :)

Support is usually answer on weekdays. There was no answer for me at the weekend never

Oh the weekend, yeah you're right. Most businesses like to be lazy on weekends, forgot about that. Maybe I am just being a little paranoid about this. Still got my fingers crossed...

Have rarely gotten any problems with deposits but occasionally got error messages related to their payment processor. Its not always Mindarks fault, there are several steps involved in the transaction and sometimes the payment processor takes out the money but doesn't notify Mindark. Generally, if the money is taken from your card you should see an 8 digit number associated with the transaction. Send this number to support and they should get you the peds fairly quickly. Without it they can't track the transaction properly.

Oh the weekend, yeah you're right. Most businesses like to be lazy on weekends, forgot about that. Maybe I am just being a little paranoid about this. Still got my fingers crossed...
Well, the banks are closed anyway. Not much they can do until monday.

Have rarely gotten any problems with deposits but occasionally got error messages related to their payment processor. Its not always Mindarks fault, there are several steps involved in the transaction and sometimes the payment processor takes out the money but doesn't notify Mindark. Generally, if the money is taken from your card you should see an 8 digit number associated with the transaction. Send this number to support and they should get you the peds fairly quickly. Without it they can't track the transaction properly.

There is no record of the transaction on my EU account, that's part of the problem here. It's only on my bank statement which doesn't seem to have any identifying numbers, just mindark.com $20.00. I'm hoping it's just a delayed transaction due to it being the weekend, probably even my bank's fault. I really don't know yet, the suspense is killing me!

Well, the banks are closed anyway. Not much they can do until monday.

That's pretty much it for now. Just keeping my fingers crossed that this gets fixed, not looking to throw $20 into the wind.. :C

It takes a few days for the transaction to be finalized with your bank. Check your bank statement (online I assume) again for the number. If you don't get the peds on your card right away when you first make the deposit, I don't think you will at all. You need support to fix the transaction for you.

There was something with the initial deposit that you needed to do in order to verify the bank card with MindArk so that you transactions will go through. I don't quite remember what it was.. I think it was some sort of numbers or something that was supposed to show up on your bank statement and then you gave that number to support in order to have your card verified for your account. Then you are able to deposit as much as you please whenever you please and it is instantly. It's been a very very long time since I've done that so I couldn't tell you specifically how it works anymore. Maybe I can dig up one of my old posts or something..

~Danimal

There is no record of the transaction on my EU account, that's part of the problem here. It's only on my bank statement which doesn't seem to have any identifying numbers, just mindark.com $20.00. I'm hoping it's just a delayed transaction due to it being the weekend, probably even my bank's fault. I really don't know yet, the suspense is killing me!

That's pretty much it for now. Just keeping my fingers crossed that this gets fixed, not looking to throw $20 into the wind.. :C

If this isnt resolved for whatever reason by a question to support, offer to send them a copy of the transaction log where the time/date and Mindark are present.

They'll review it and be able to go through their records more thoroughly. If there is indeed a problem they want to know about it, absolutely. If it was a glitch, that to them is a problem. They may want to work directly with your bank in that instance, so you could be providing some very useful information. Regardless your $20 will either be back in your pocket or in EU. MA would prefer it to be in EU, so I'd bet theyll do whatever they can to make sure that your avatar gets your deposit, and it is 100% legal.

There was something with the initial deposit that you needed to do in order to verify the bank card with MindArk so that you transactions will go through. I don't quite remember what it was.. I think it was some sort of numbers or something that was supposed to show up on your bank statement and then you gave that number to support in order to have your card verified for your account. Then you are able to deposit as much as you please whenever you please and it is instantly. It's been a very very long time since I've done that so I couldn't tell you specifically how it works anymore. Maybe I can dig up one of my old posts or something..

~Danimal

Yes, I remember having to do that the 1st time I deposited.
Asked for a number on the invoice for the month, cant exactly remember how I gave it now, sure it wasn't via support though, but cant remember, could have been.

FYI...I had to make a deposit from the website tonight and found no problems. So if you still haven't gotten your money I would make a support case...

FYI...I had to make a deposit from the website tonight and found no problems. So if you still haven't gotten your money I would make a support case...

I opened a support case when the incident first occurred (08/02/13), then another 2 days later (because they said they would strive to resolve the matter in 48 hours). Then yet another 3 days afterwards because I lost my patience. On my 3rd support case I requested an email address or phone number to send screen shots of my bank statement to them, but on all of my support cases I only received automated emails stating that they would strive to resolve the matter within 48 hours.. :C (note: didn't bother to reply to automated emails, I don't think an actual person will read them)

So, I checked my online bank statement and finally the transaction completed and it has the 8 digit number by it, but still no PED received in game. I guess I'm off to send a 4th support request with more details (transaction numbers, yada yada). Hopefully they'll actually do something this time.. and well if they don't, I guess I'll have to break out the pitch forks and torches >=D

I opened a support case when the incident first occurred (08/02/13), then another 2 days later (because they said they would strive to resolve the matter in 48 hours). Then yet another 3 days afterwards because I lost my patience. On my 3rd support case I requested an email address or phone number to send screen shots of my bank statement to them, but on all of my support cases I only received automated emails stating that they would strive to resolve the matter within 48 hours.. :C (note: didn't bother to reply to automated emails, I don't think an actual person will read them)

So, I checked my online bank statement and finally the transaction completed and it has the 8 digit number by it, but still no PED received in game. I guess I'm off to send a 4th support request with more details (transaction numbers, yada yada). Hopefully they'll actually do something this time.. and well if they don't, I guess I'll have to break out the pitch forks and torches >=D

You just have to be patient. The initial deposit has always taken a long time for everybody. Once you receive the transaction number simply submit a support case and your situation will be rectified.

Then hopefully from this point on you are able to deposit seemlesly like the other people above have said.

~Danimal

The initial deposit has always taken a long time for everybody.

Since the connection of 3D Secure system all happen quickly.
My wife's initial depo was required authorization in our bank (a little form integrated in the payment webpage entropiauniverse.com (for entering verification code)) and money ingame was recieved immediately.
It is very strange that the bank made a transaction without confirmation! :scratch2:

You just have to be patient. The initial deposit has always taken a long time for everybody. Once you receive the transaction number simply submit a support case and your situation will be rectified.

This isnt true. My initial deposit, made on Jan 5, 2010, took less than a minute to complete.

This particular user has uncovered a problem. Let's encourage them to work with MA to resolve it so that other users are not impacted in the same way.

Should also check to your bank asking for details. Usually this doesn't happen, but it might be that your bank doesn't do international transfer by its own and it has to forward it to a "bigger sister", transaction which can't happen during week-end.

Also verify if your card it's a supported kind in EU.

I would first and furthermost inquire the bank before going berserk over MindArk.

So, I checked my online bank statement and finally the transaction completed and it has the 8 digit number by it, but still no PED received in game. I guess I'm off to send a 4th support request with more details (transaction numbers, yada yada). Hopefully they'll actually do something this time..

In my experience, once you send MA the transaction ID number they are able to correct the problem fairly quickly by adding the peds to your card. I think this was a problem with the communication from the payment processor to MA. In other words, MA sent the transaction request but the payment processor never informed MA it completed.

I'm guessing the opposite "not getting the money from a withdrawal" (got fed up, sold out, hit withdraw) is just delay from summer vacations ?

It's been over 40 business days? Been some cases like that in past..

In my experience, once you send MA the transaction ID number they are able to correct the problem fairly quickly by adding the peds to your card. I think this was a problem with the communication from the payment processor to MA. In other words, MA sent the transaction request but the payment processor never informed MA it completed.

Ok, problem fixed! With the 8 digit transaction ID sent in my support request, they wrapped up the problem. Somehow the charge was erroneous, so the transaction was manually refunded (I didn't particularly request this, but I guess it was the easiest way for them to fix it, either way I'm happy. yay!). Looking back, I've had problems in the past with making purchases in online games with my impotent debit card, and here's my recommendation for anyone who might suspect their card might become rebellious (I did this just a minute ago and it worked just fine)..:

-> Use PAYPAL...

I dunno what's so different about paypal, it's using the same card I tried to register onto my EU account, but for whatever reason paypal has never had a problem helping me spend my money online. So important lesson learned from this incident that might help future people who don't know:

Be patient, collect the transaction ID and relay it to support. Without it, they're blindly digging through what could be thousands of transactions made by all the players in EU.. which is pretty freegin ridiculous if you think about it. With the ID, it'll only take a couple hours to zap the problem.

Thank you everyone for the replies and supportive posts. Feel free to pass on the information gathered here to other players who might be experiencing similar problems. It can be fixed!!

It's been over 40 business days? Been some cases like that in past..

every time i make withdrawl it takes more that 60 days biger amounts generate more interest they keep them longer. 60 days to get youre money lawl at Entropia.

Back