Am I doing this right?

Mr Odyseo

Old
Society
TheAncients
Mr Odyseo Angel
I came back to the game last month before migration, and decided to start to keep track of my hunts, so I can see how to improve my gameplay to hopefully not loose all my wallet like last time. I've depo'd $600 over the two months in boxes and keys. So I'm sharing my log with you guys, to see if there's anything I can improve.

My setup is as follows:
EWE EP-41 Military, Adjusted, tier 3 - 3 Damage enhancers
Omegaton A105, Improved
Longreach 4
Bullseye 8 (x2)
Ghost armor + 5B's
Restoration Chip V
(Rings are the cheap (L) versions of the HP and mobility. Haven't invested on these at all)

I sometimes use Neuro-A's and HP pills to kill bosses solo.

Total log:
Total Cycled
PED​
Total
Returns​
Total After
MU Gain​
Total
Return %​
62,938.94​
59,337.70​
59,945.20​
95.24​

For June:
Total Cycled
PED​
Total
Returns​
Total After
MU Gain​
Total
Return %​
26360.54​
24198.54​
24,455.14​
92.77​

For this month I am missing a lot of dates, and mob info because I was just tracking totals. I hadn't setup a spreadsheet yet.
(Forgive me as I don't understand how to post images on my threads so I'll put a link to a SS of the spreadsheet)
Month of June

Sold Items for MU:
Markup Item Profit
Item Name​
TT Value​
MU %​
TT Gained​
Wool​
100.00​
104.00​
4.00​
Alpha amp​
10.00​
1670.00​
157.00​
Delta Amo​
10.00​
450.00​
35.00​
Gamma amp​
10.00​
240.00​
14.00​
Sparkbite​
1.00​
3500.00​
34.00​
Fine Textile​
80.40​
105.72​
4.60​
Fine Textile​
126.00​
106.35​
8.00​

For July:
Total Cycled
PED​
Total
Returns​
Total After
MU Gain​
Total
Return %​
36578.40​
35139.16​
35,490.06​
97.02​

I still haven't finished this month, but this is as of right now. I did hit a 2.3k HOF on Maffoids which helped inmensely.
Month of July

Sold Items for MU:
Markup Item Profit
Item Name​
TT Value​
MU %​
TT Gained​
BLP Amp​
10.00​
690.00​
59.00​
Fine Textile​
57.60​
105.90​
3.40​
Surface Comp​
20.60​
126.21​
5.40​
Fine Textile​
69.60​
106.32​
4.40​
Fine Textile​
37.20​
107.53​
2.80​
LT Skin​
13.00​
169.23​
9.00​
Ampli Comp​
40.00​
107.50​
3.00​
Resto 6​
8.90​
1033.71​
83.10​
Adj Nanites​
1.00​
17700.00​
176.00​
Wool Cloth​
106.20​
104.52​
4.80​

I still have some items on Auction I got from Arkadia, plus some others that I'm trying to sell on trade chat. So if I do, the total for the month would go slightly higher.

Last edited:
Looks like you've got your head in the right place as far as equipment within that price range. During Migration your best bet is probably to continue farming Longtooth for strongboxes. After migration, tour de universe looking for markup. If you're looking to play sustainably at a lower mid level I'd recommend looking at Next Island. It looks like at your level doing the Screechers daily (gives 15 TT of oil reward) and the CARE mission daily (gives about 35ish TT of reward) could be around your level and produce sustainable profit.

Last edited:
Looks like you've got your head in the right place as far as equipment within that price range. During Migration your best bet is probably to continue farming Longtooth for strongboxes. After migration, tour de universe looking for markup. If you're looking to play sustainably at a lower mid level I'd recommend looking at Next Island. It looks like at your level doing the Screechers daily (gives 15 TT of oil reward) and the VIP mission daily (gives about 35ish TT of reward) could be around your level and produce sustainable profit.
I'd hope so... The only change of equipment I've had since the start of the log, is adding the longreach and bullseye to the gun, and adding a 3rd tier to it.. Hoping to be able to save and do mission galactica for an adj resto, since I think it may help me save peds in the long run, (plus I can sell divine intervention), but I'm unsure about that.

I'll have to take a look at NI then. I only went to Ark because I was affraid that the HOF on maffs would screw me up if I kept hunting them. I'll have to try go back to LT again.. they have just made me feel weird about the the last couple of times I hunted them

95% tt over only 60k cycle is pretty good tbh... over the longterm you'll get some larger hits to bring you up closer to 96-97% with that setup.. but 95% will be the norm without bigger hofs.

best thing you can do is what jack said... in addition to saving up loot (especially during events) and selling it many months later at a higher price. this requires a lot of bankroll investment though

best thing you can do is what jack said... in addition to saving up loot (especially during events) and selling it many months later at a higher price. this requires a lot of bankroll investment though
When I went to Ark for a couple of days I did save all the loot I got that could be sold for MU, and brought it to Caly last night. It's just small amounts of components and such, with decent MU. Hopefully I'll be able to sell those. As for the boxes, should I be saving them to sell them, or open them myself?

When you have 500 ped mu on 60k ped cycle... gl with log :)

1exohj.jpg

When I went to Ark for a couple of days I did save all the loot I got that could be sold for MU, and brought it to Caly last night. It's just small amounts of components and such, with decent MU. Hopefully I'll be able to sell those. As for the boxes, should I be saving them to sell them, or open them myself?
you should be saving the boxes to sell in september. when i mean saving loot i mean this:

hunt stuff - sell stuff with above average markup currently, save everything else until markup on it spikes above average (this is how miners do it)

you could be holding loot for a year or more in some cases. you need huge bankroll. maybe 10x daily cycle at a minimum

you should be saving the boxes to sell in september. when i mean saving loot i mean this:

hunt stuff - sell stuff with above average markup currently, save everything else until markup on it spikes above average (this is how miners do it)

you could be holding loot for a year or more in some cases. you need huge bankroll. maybe 10x daily cycle at a minimum
Exactly this.

Exactly this.
do i like having 84k TT of kidney oil in storage? no...

do i like selling it at 100.5%??? no...

but choices have to be made... sell at 104-105% in a few months is an extra 3k+ of profit on something that most people are TT'ing

do i like having 84k TT of kidney oil in storage? no...

do i like selling it at 100.5%??? no...

but choices have to be made... sell at 104-105% in a few months is an extra 3k+ of profit on something that most people are TT'ing
Does oils and such spike at any point in the year? I look at the MU history and seems that its always low, so Im usually selling them.. I only have like 800ped of oil residue saved.. for no specific reason tbh. Is there anything that will make items like that MU rise at a certain point? Also, if saving, do you use AH and pay the fee, or use trade chat?

Does oils and such spike at any point in the year? I look at the MU history and seems that its always low, so Im usually selling them.. I only have like 800ped of oil residue saved.. for no specific reason tbh. Is there anything that will make items like that MU rise at a certain point? Also, if saving, do you use AH and pay the fee, or use trade chat?
They kind of reverse spike... During events with mobs that drop a particular loot, that particular loot tanks in value. A few months later it returns to normal levels. Not all oils are created equal. Kidney oil is normally 102-104% but during an event like this it's TT food (or saving for future markup if you're smart).

It's so predictable you could literally build a small reseller business that hunters would love you for.

During Mayhem events, buy shrapnel for 100.3% since shrapnel is the vast majority of loot, and many hunters end up producing far more than they can consume so the extra 0.3% is appreciated.

During seasonal events like Migration, trade Shrapnel for Kidney oil, TT for TT. The hunter will be happy because they are getting 101% from conversion rate in trade for shit they'd normally be TTing.

During Mayhem events, sell the oil and re-purchase shrapnel. Repeat.

Profit margins are tiny, but turnover potential is very high and business is consistent.

Of course it's always better to sell loot when MU is high..
And of course some of them are lower when a particular mob is hunted alot during an event.

But MOST people can't save it for later, just because you need a huge amount of money that they can't afford..

Down back to reality, most people must sell their loot very quick to continue playing.

"You need a HUGE bankroll" is not an advice..
People deposit what they CAN deposit.

They kind of reverse spike... During events with mobs that drop a particular loot, that particular loot tanks in value. A few months later it returns to normal levels. Not all oils are created equal. Kidney oil is normally 102-104% but during an event like this it's TT food (or saving for future markup if you're smart).

It's so predictable you could literally build a small reseller business that hunters would love you for.

During Mayhem events, buy shrapnel for 100.3% since shrapnel is the vast majority of loot, and many hunters end up producing far more than they can consume so the extra 0.3% is appreciated.

During seasonal events like Migration, trade Shrapnel for Kidney oil, TT for TT. The hunter will be happy because they are getting 101% from conversion rate in trade for shit they'd normally be TTing.

During Mayhem events, sell the oil and re-purchase shrapnel. Repeat.

Profit margins are tiny, but turnover potential is very high and business is consistent.
This sounds like, 300iq. I wonder if I'd be able to sustain this with my iddy bitty bankroll. Until I hit that hof, I only was playing with 900ped, now I do have like 2.7k-ish that I can play around with.. I've been usually just tting anything less than 102% that is less than 100ped.. which is the majority of my loot.

And of course some of them are lower when a particular mob is hunted alot during an event.

But MOST people can't save it for later, just because you need a huge amount of money that they can't afford..

Down back to reality, most people must sell their loot very quick to continue playing.

That's why I posted what I posted at first. A simple and basic method of building bankroll which doesn't require huge bankroll to execute. I keep talking about it because nobody seems to know about it, and if that opportunity was available when I was lower level and playing non-deposit it would have made a HUGE difference in my avatar development.

This sounds like, 300iq. I wonder if I'd be able to sustain this with my iddy bitty bankroll. Until I hit that hof, I only was playing with 900ped, now I do have like 2.7k-ish that I can play around with.. I've been usually just tting anything less than 102% that is less than 100ped.. which is the majority of my loot.
With that bankroll I'd definitely just stick to farming dailies on Next Island.

Cartographer dailies: 22 PED TT of oil between 3 missions.
Crystal Hoarder Brontes: 16 PED TT reward
Robot Menace Daily (CARE mission): 38 PED TT reward
Drake daily eradication: 14+ TT reward

That's 90 PED TT of rewards from daily missions you can claim. At your current rate of return that entirely covers the TT losses from 1800 PED cycled (which is likely more than it costs to complete the listed missions), and does not even count any markup looted or awarded through the missions. 90 PED TT of rewards daily? If I were a non depositor or a minimal depositor, that's all I would do until I'd built some bankroll.

Info: https://www.nihelper.com/daily-s-1

Correction to my previous post, the CARE daily gives 38 PED TT of reward, not 35.

Last edited:
You forget that the balancing manager in MA is a dog.
I doubt you've done these missions for a week or a month to find out they're part of the loot...
I don't understand why this is considered a reward.
You could take that approach, just throw your hands up and say it's hopeless, and never pursue the opportunities in front of you.

Just to add, holding more items need more bank roll, so I typically don't hold all mats/ores. I just hold the ones with bigger expected swings.

unfortunately this is the difference between making money in EU or losing money every month.

those who have bankroll to stockpile resources will grow their avatar without needing to deposit, assuming other conditions are satisfied. those who are too poor to do this will ALWAYS lose ped month-to-month absent some lucrative events or new content providing short-term boosts. No one wants to hear this but it's the way the game (and life) works.

Bankroll management is one of the key factors like some have said to succeed in Entropia, a lot more important than spending 95% of your bankroll on a high eff item then having too small bankroll to sustain a high efficiency item.
Your real life skills can become invaluable here. Your ability to plan ahead and have the patience and persistence to keep going but also to know when to adapt and change your activity also your ability to see what others don't will be very beneficial in Entropia.

Don't follow the sheep. If you do you already losing. Be the first sheep out there in the wild and eat your fill of the spoils before the other sheep get there. That's how you maximize your MU without huge bankroll and reap the benefits.

95% tt over only 60k cycle is pretty good tbh... over the longterm you'll get some larger hits to bring you up closer to 96-97% with that setup.. but 95% will be the norm without bigger hofs.

LOL 97% tt with that setup? he is LVL 100 looter or what am I missing? if I look at turnover in EL and the gun, it sounds more like that ~92% tt will be the norm

I debunked this already. Thread is in PCF.

Where, can't find anything. And what exactly is debunked? I didn't make an assertion about anything, it's just an advice from my experience.

I haven't published it, but it was visible in my stream stat system. Sight/scopes do nothing. They don't improve hit rates. They did not increase green lines.

i got same wep and same attachments.
i would suggest to improve results a bit to remove damage enhancers.
in case add eco or accu ones instead
and the average MU is a bit low
try to craft the oils not to waste them and increase a bit of return and skills

So keep the damage enhancers, right? Or am I misunderstanding the info? Any feedback on the type of mob? I tried doing LT again last night, and only got 80% return over 3 hunting sessions.. Maffoids havent been that good either, but it was like 89% so higher return.

So keep the damage enhancers, right? Or am I misunderstanding the info? Any feedback on the type of mob? I tried doing LT again last night, and only got 80% return over 3 hunting sessions.. Maffoids havent been that good either, but it was like 89% so higher return.
MA only track tt in vs tt out to represent your returns.
MU in vs out is not tracked.
Dmg enhancers, for the most part, is competitive / gambling only.

I recommend only using enhancers to achieve specific goals.
If your goal is to maximize skillgains, use damage enhancers.
If your goal is to maximize returns, only use damage enhancers during period of peak markup production (such as when strongboxes are dropping).
If your goal is minimal cost input, don't use enhancers.

Back