Am I getting scammed for 200K? Help please!

It would not be upto ND to double check if the item is stolen, he is simply buying the item off another participant.

This is the whole point, MA cannot say all trades are final and expect participants to be detectives/psychics and know the history of the item they are trading.

The issue of banned avatars and their items is Mindarks problem, if they made a mistake its up to them to correct that without causing a disturbance to paying customers.

I didnt read all posts... but I read your opening and all I can say is... welcome to the club...

Jolana locked.
Kimmi locked.
Akoz locked.

All three high investers. All three trading a lot.

All three of you had FriendZ that became unlocked or what?

I'll stay in your EnemieZ Club thank you very much.

:rolleyes::deal::rolleyes:

As far I can see u set ur a company so that should be professional. so handle that way . get a lawyer If mind ark acts against u. and dont bring such things in the open to soon. just enlighten the ones that Are affected.

I must be dim or something, but imagine this:-

I'm a banned ava, and I discover I can get ingame ...whoopee.

I want to sell some of my gear ...easy, find someone who doesn't know about my ban, or lie that i'm not banned now, or make another ava and use that to trade or use a bank.

I sell all my gear that i want to, have loads of peds...to DO WHAT WITH? :laugh:

The only way I could get the peds into RL cash is via MA/FPC who simply wouldn't allow it. It's stuck ingame still.

Why the hell don't they remove disputed items from the game altogether and that would stop them circulating when one of these rare bugs shows up and causing so much trouble for innocent people?
Why not publish a list of banned avas ...as Etopia said...I myself wouldn't know all their names and could easily trade with one or do something that would get me in deep shit without knowing a thing about it.

If anyone was thinking of investing mad sums into EU and saw this, and how it's all basically MA/FPC bugs at fault letting this start...would they feel confident in their plans to invest? Can't imagine so.

t

Wouldn't it stop the development of this game if the developers said "ah fuck other games, we wont play them cuz we could get IDEAS from them"?

Besides, they probably play the other games mostly in their free time... they have that too you know :rolleyes:

you can say that again ...oodles of free time ..especially the support guys it appears. :silly2:

t

I must be dim or something, but imagine this:-

I'm a banned ava, and I discover I can get ingame ...whoopee.

I want to sell some of my gear ...easy, find someone who doesn't know about my ban, or lie that i'm not banned now, or make another ava and use that to trade or use a bank.

I sell all my gear that i want to, have loads of peds...to DO WHAT WITH? :laugh:

The only way I could get the peds into RL cash is via MA/FPC who simply wouldn't allow it. It's stuck ingame still.

Why the hell don't they remove disputed items from the game altogether and that would stop them circulating when one of these rare bugs shows up and causing so much trouble for innocent people?
Why not publish a list of banned avas ...as Etopia said...I myself wouldn't know all their names and could easily trade with one or do something that would get me in deep shit without knowing a thing about it.

If anyone was thinking of investing mad sums into EU and saw this, and how it's all basically MA/FPC bugs at fault letting this start...would they feel confident in their plans to invest? Can't imagine so.

t

You can also give the peds to someone else, like your second avatar or to a relative of yours and then withdraw from that account. Or you can simply sell the peds to other avatar for RL money in case you know the seller RL.

All in all it's bad for MA.

Last edited:
To be honest I laugh my ass off at the fact this whole shit storm could have been avoided if only MA sorted out the banned avatars years ago. IE; when they should have.

I think it's an appropriate time for the quote; "what goes around comes around".

~Tracer

To be honest I laugh my ass off at the fact this whole shit storm could have been avoided if only MA sorted out the banned avatars years ago. IE; when they should have.

I think it's an appropriate time for the quote; "what goes around comes around".

~Tracer

MA don't appear to be in any shitstorm....they don't appear to give a damn as they aren't losing out anywhere.

t

ive never laughed so hard in my life a guy who was locked years ago just happened to log back in and hand your uber shit back over i call bs wat really happend is you got locked years ago for exploits and tryed to log in as u do every vu with your locked avater and it all of a sudden it works now so u quick as u can start transferring all your uber shit to your second avi useing the excuse of your old freind logging in some bells start going off over at ma like same ip adress transferring uber shit between banned aviaters and your secret is now not so secret case closed

I got to page 16 and my head hurt, so I will just say two things:-

• Brooklyn is ignorant. Why you still even acknowledge her presence, is beyond me and it also annoys me when you quote her as it undermines my "ignore".
  • Don't know the whole story.
:)

MA don't appear to be in any shitstorm....they don't appear to give a damn as they aren't losing out anywhere.

t

I didn't say MA is in a shit storm. I said "This whole shit storm" which pretty much encapsulates this whole thread and lots of other issues relating to the banned avatars.

Gotta agree with you here tracer, this whole thing could have been avoided had MA handled the original banned avatars in a timely and effective fashion. Not only that, but it would have put a lot of very nice items and LA's back into circulation where they belong, not resting quietly in the storager of a banned/locked avatar.

Wotta goat-screw....

Blackjack :cowboy:

I think she knew about the item(s) in question possibly because of the deal she received.

They figure at most a day or two days to move items and money around before MA figures out whats going on.

Im sure they just employed a chop shop style mentality towards the items.

They prob assumed throwing it into the bank would have been risky. Could have possibly sent up a flag within MA's systems. (To avoid possible fraud as previously mentioned they might watch these activity logs more closely.)

So they decided why not go after the known liquidity of someone like a banker without actually using the bank.

They then sell the item at a good rate. A rate which you prob wondering whats going on, but your thinking "hey its discounted at about 20% what i could get it for. Why not." You start trying to sell items like that for 50% off or w/e then obv red flags should be going off.

The deal happens.

They move the money in hopes to launder it. Lots of people get a temp ban for a situation that wasnt solved properly in the past.

Well, if this truly was caused because of the banned avatars getting unlocked, may I suggest something to MA?

Lock the accounts for 6 months, this will allow time for a petition from the locked player, should they wish to try and offer evidence in their defense - allow one such petition per locked account. After the dispute resolution, either unlock the account or dump all the items still on it back into the loot pool and wipe all skills from the avatar - making there be no point to them trying to get bakc in. After 6 months, if the lock is not diputed and is not presently in the dispute process, handle it like a closed dispute in which the account remained locked.

Doing this would leave nothing but a blank avatar on the account and would add all of the items which were still on the avatar back into circulation and have estate deeds go back to Marcus Calender The Estate Broker for auction(I'm assuming that scammed items would be returned to their rightful owners, this would be for items which are left after scammed items are sorted out). This would prevent bad trades and the need to lock other accounts for conducting business with them as well - saving time and effort for MA in the long run and making players happy at the same time. They could even publish a monthly list of the avatars wiped in the past month and the items which have been added back to the loot pool, encouraging players to go take a shot at looting them.

So you are proposing differential treatment? Important profiled players should get benefits?

I say no more..

Just starting to read this thread, Ill start with this first :D....

Definately... who should be treated better.... the person who comes into your restaurant 1st time... of the person who comes in 4 times a week?

If you dont know the answer.... Ill give it to you...

Obviously the regular should be treated better because hes a constant customer, constant source of business and revenue... of course the first person shouldn't be ignored because you want to make them happy, but you want your regular to keep comming back and be happy.

Just starting to read this thread, Ill start with this first :D....

Definately... who should be treated better.... the person who comes into your restaurant 1st time... of the person who comes in 4 times a week?

No one. You should treat everyone as if s/he was your best and most important guest.

Don't you just love how people post without reading the thread at all - thats just noise and ego:rolleyes:

No one. You should treat everyone as if s/he was your best and most important guest.

Well... "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

When you read this part it takes some serious courage to put any money in Entroipia:

"9. MINDARK'S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

MindArk provides the Entropia Universe, a virtual universe where You are free to choose the course of the action You wish to pursue.

MINDARK, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIERIES SHALL, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSS OR EXPENSE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, OR ECONOMIC LOSS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEY FEES, LOST OF GOODWILL OR HARDWARE DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR TRANSMISSION OR USE OF ANY CONTENT USING THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT , TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, MINDARK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE LOSS OF ANY DATA OR ELECTRONIC FILES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACCOUNT, AVATAR, SKILLS AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS AND/OR CURRENCIES, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SERVER FAILURE, INTERRUPTIONS OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION, INTERNET LATENCY, VIRUSES, BUGS, TROJAN HORSES AND THE LIKE, SOFTWARE AND/OR HARDWARE DEFECTS OR ERRORS, UNAUTHORISED USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SYSTEM OR SERVERS, USE OF CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE, AND THE USE OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IN GENERAL.

You acknowledge that MindArk will not be liable for any damages or loss caused by failure to perform any term or condition of this Agreement due to conditions beyond MindArk's reasonable control such as, but not limited to, war, terror attack, strikes, fires, floods, acts of God, governmental or authority restrictions, power failures, or damage or destruction of any network facilities or servers.

MindArk reserves the right to interrupt the services available via Entropia Universe and/or the operation of the Entropia Universe System with or without prior notice for any reason. You agree that MindArk will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by interruption of the Entropia Universe, delay or failure to perform."

:rolleyes:

And I don’t care what everyone on the EF say is simple if one day they decide to stop it you won’t get one cent back from it.;)

Hope you get you problem solved ASAP.:(

Im pretty sure everyone saying whats in a contract is law... well not always... there is always a way to argue.... if in a contract at the end it said... oh btw by signing this you give us all your stuff and you become our slave... would it be valid? Meh maybe, but its up for lawyers to argue and judges to admit.

Im pretty sure even with all this stuff in there, if they just shut down and essentially took everyones game credits which is worth real money... Im sure a class action law suit could be filled.... since it would practically be like theft IMO.... contracts are made... but are not always 100% defence in court.

That is not true. I have worked in a restaurant for three summers in a row now.

You should treat every customer as a good one from the start, but if you work in a restaurant and you see people who behave bad and make the other guests feeling uncomfortable, you have the right to warn them. If they don't behave better you can kick them out or get the security to do it.

The worst thing that could happen is that you have to give them the money back for their supposed meals which you might have to throw away.

It is the same with alcohol. You can deny everyone alcohol if you judge them inapproriate for drinking for whatever reason you have.

The phrase "The customer is always right" has it's limits too.

I don't know what Swedish Law is like as I've gone to Law School in Canada. However.... In Canada... .the Law is the Law no matter WHAT a "Disclaimer" or in this case "EULA" states. If I put a big sign on my front yard in the winter stating "My driveway is covered with ice and is slippery. Use driveway at own risk. I will not be responsible for someone falling on my icy driveway. Please sign this release waiver before stepping on my property." It don't matter if someone signs that waiver in their own blood.... if they fall on my driveway the LAW sais I'm negligent for not sanding/salting my driveway and I get Sued.

So I'd like to hear from someone knowledgeable in Swedish Law. Would the EULA stand up in Swedish court?
Think about it this way. If a real life con artist sends e-mails that we've all read about (money in african bank account... need an american's bank account to transfer the money to.... etc. etc. etc.) It don't matter what the print or fine print says... They are attempting to commit fraud and will be charged for it. So exactly how "rock solid" is the EULA?

I don't know what Swedish Law is like as I've gone to Law School in Canada. However.... In Canada... .the Law is the Law no matter WHAT a "Disclaimer" or in this case "EULA" states. If I put a big sign on my front yard in the winter stating "My driveway is covered with ice and is slippery. Use driveway at own risk. I will not be responsible for someone falling on my icy driveway. Please sign this release waiver before stepping on my property." It don't matter if someone signs that waiver in their own blood.... if they fall on my driveway the LAW sais I'm negligent for not sanding/salting my driveway and I get Sued.

So I'd like to hear from someone knowledgeable in Swedish Law. Would the EULA stand up in Swedish court?
Think about it this way. If a real life con artist sends e-mails that we've all read about (money in african bank account... need an american's bank account to transfer the money to.... etc. etc. etc.) It don't matter what the print or fine print says... They are attempting to commit fraud and will be charged for it. So exactly how "rock solid" is the EULA?

I'm not that good with how the law in Sweden work, but I am Swedish, and as far as i know it the EULA inst above the law but if you accept it like hay they own my things, then they do. (Internet is still fuzzy and we are getting a lot of extreme laws about atm). You never hear anyone getting sued in Sweden because they never succeeds and therefor none does it.

But then again. Do to law in Sweden. Virtual items traded in entropia that gives more then around ~3000usd in income should be taxed in sweden. And there for counts as their things. (They made entropia as a example when the law changed)

But hey who am i to tell.. Dont know to much about it.

i got unlocked from this mess , but it took me a month of fight while being in dark all the way just assuming it was because i got some items for a few minuts that i returned as i did not want to be involved with him anymore, when i got traded some loads of crap anyway which prolly explains why i have been finnaly unlocked.

i got unlocked from this mess , but it took me a month of fight while being in dark all the way just assuming it was because i got some items for a few minuts that i returned as i did not want to be involved with him anymore, when i got traded some loads of crap anyway which prolly explains why i have been finnaly unlocked.

May I ask who finally got you unlocked, and what happened with the items you had?

~14 days more to go for the rest of us I suppose...

Yes you should.... but the thing is... you treat your regulars better then your other customers... Im not saying you treat the randoms as crap... but lets say you got a regular maybe he comes very often and he wants some serious food alterations and what not... its no problem.

It all depends on your type of business and how you treat people... but if you look at any situation the customer or client or investor who brings more to the table or more frequent gets treated above the smallers... its common practice...

Is it right? Not really... but it makes sense... and therefore I dont have a problem with it.... think about it.... really try to think about it....

Ya exactly Im in Canada also and did a 1st year business law course... having a warning sign or what not does not give you 100% protection.... there might be some protection because of a warning... but the law can be read and argued in many ways where you wont be 100% safe.

Its like warranties... at least in Canada we were taught even if a warranty says 2 years... and after 2.5years the product fails... that doesn't mean your not protected... if the product is to be assumed to last a reasonable period you can claim your warranty... of course you'd have to argue it probably and go through the extra trouble....

Now with the internet who knows... Im not fluent in law.... but I know for a fact MA cannot 100% do what they want... of course depending on the OP situation and what the real case for closure was... then MA can take appropriate action... but MA could not say... you know what... lets get up and leave and fuck everyone over.... I know in Canada we have many consumer protection laws... and even though we agree on certain things there are still protections in place to prevent consumers from getting screwed over to bad here.

May I ask who finally got you unlocked, and what happened with the items you had?

~14 days more to go for the rest of us I suppose...

i just sent support after support, called them, then later got mad and sent pm to Marco which said that he was familiar with the case and that 3 weeks was too much and shouldnt be put in dark for that long and next day i got unlocked.i dont know the full story of items after i transfered them off my account, as i heard some got sold and some traded.

edit: notthing to see here

Last edited:
Yes you should.... but the thing is... you treat your regulars better then your other customers... Im not saying you treat the randoms as crap... but lets say you got a regular maybe he comes very often and he wants some serious food alterations and what not... its no problem.

I think a better way of saying it, you would go a step further than you normally do for regulars.

Such as give some added benefits of freebies, or a reservation when you are booked.

Sure you want to treat ALL like they are special, but you go a step above for those that have helped support your business.

I think a better way of saying it, you would go a step further than you normally do for regulars.

Such as give some added benefits of freebies, or a reservation when you are booked.

Sure you want to treat ALL like they are special, but you go a step above for those that have helped support your business.

Exactly... of course you treat all customers on an equal foot... but those who are rugulars or big spenders etc etc... obviously get the extra attention or extra perks whatever....

Very common in business in fact its part of most business.... unless your a customer at mcdonalds :D... although even those places Im sure you'll get an extra smile or recognition for being a regular and theyll know what you like.

I would suggest you all direct Marco to this thread. Good luck, guess its good for those of you involved to know it isn't just ypu being picked on. The masses always have more say then everyone else.

Back