Am I getting scammed for 200K? Help please!

I'm not sure they can tell you who it was? Cuz of rules and such :scratch2:

and interesting to see how ppl start complaining about MindArk without actually knowing BOTH sides of the story? not to sound rude, but we do not have that much info about this...

itz just logical: some invest 200k... Ma loock account and don't give a reason why, or contact the customer.... this say to me, is a bad company hey man it is 200k USD not pecs!
But your right, we have also to wait what the other side say.... but there is silence:rolleyes: and i don't think they do this here in this thread.

From a legal perspective, if their is a regulatory issue relating to money all banks are requested to lock accounts. They also have a statutory duty at least in the UK not to inform the person whose account has been locked of any reason behind their action as this is "tipping off" and that in itself is illegal.

I guess you are right. Something smells fishy...

And to all the others : Do you really think MA would do this without any explanation and proof ?
You must be naive or hate them so much. Just think a minute before you post :laugh:

And to the Op. If i was you my lawyer would already been very active.
Something is totally wrong here... :scratch2:

Still though, doesnt explain how MA make no sort of contact with the OP. The main problem in this whole affair isnt that Jolana got locked account - thats just standard procedures. But to not explain why or give any sort of assistance on the matter? its $200k for crying out loud. You dont just leave someone while they're down and carry on with what ever you're doing. The main fault in this whole affair is that the OP is being treated badly as a customer (i'm sure alot of us have felt this too concerning MA, at least)

Still though, doesnt explain how MA make no sort of contact with the OP. The main problem in this whole affair isnt that Jolana got locked account - thats just standard procedures. But to not explain why or give any sort of assistance on the matter? its $200k for crying out loud. You dont just leave someone while they're down and carry on with what ever you're doing. The main fault in this whole affair is that the OP is being treated badly as a customer (i'm sure alot of us have felt this too concerning MA, at least)

We dont know whats really going on. So noone of us can judge about this issue. But 200K USD isnt peanuts.
What would you do if it was you ?
Would you write a support case ?
Would you open a thread in a public forum ? I guess not.
You would immediately run to a lawyer and sort the things out as soon as possible.

I can at least assure you that you are not the only one being locked.

I had my hands on an imk2 and a swine dlx for a couple of days that a friend asked me to sell. It was only for a couple of days, but a week later my account was locked.
That was 2009-09-08.

After filing a support case I got this reply the next day;
Your account has been locked since it is involved in an exploit investigation. Please provide us with information about your recent transactions with an Improved A-3 Justifier Mk.II and a Omegaton ASG-2 Swine Deluxe? Both the circumstances of when you acquired these items as well as when you sold them.
And after providing them with these details immediately and offering my full cooperation I still haven't gotten a single reply to date, so basically 14 days without communication now.

I understand MA might have to use such measures to "lock items in place" or whatever while they investigate if there are good reasons for it (I guess all trades aren't really final ;)), but I have yet to understand how it can take so long to investigate this. Either they undo the trades, or they don't. At the very least I don't see why no reply can be given at all from support. My support case has gone from submitted to assigned, back to submitted, and now its assigned again, but still no further reply from support.

The guy that received the mk2 has also been locked, so has the guy I got it from so I believe you are all but alone in this.

I still believe MA will get the finger out eventually, and as I could not possibly know these items had been involved in some exploit, whatever that is about, it should only be a matter of time before I'm checked out of the case and my account unlocked. I also heard of another guy being locked and unlocked for a similar issue around a month ago (same case?), and it took him 2-3 weeks or so.

I'm not mentioning names on purpose as I'm sure they will come forward and post here if they want it out there.

Edit: I got unlocked though after some weeks.

Last edited:
You also agree that MindArk has the right to lock Your Entropia Universe Account in case of suspected Agreement violation during the period of investigation of the said violation.

you agree to your account being locked while any thing is being investigated every time you log in ...

it is standard to lock accounts while investagating as it makes for a shorter time to investage the activities if there is nothing new on the account /accounts being investigated.

It also allows for items to remain in place and not passed back and forth between 20 avi's trying to hide the trail.

Make the phone call and let us know what they tell you please but remember

You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk's Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk's sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site.

I also got locked for the same reason, mindark have replied all my support cases but given minimal information.

I have explained to them all my transactions but for some reason the investigation is still ongoing without them even asking me any questions.

We dont know whats really going on. So noone of us can judge about this issue. But 200K USD isnt peanuts.
You would immediately run to a lawyer and sort the things out as soon as possible.

Its not a question of what the OP should do. I'm more concerned at why MA are treating customers like this. Jolana even mentioned, "barely any contact from support whatsoever"... At least have someone to assist you. If it was a matter of 100 ped, "yeh ok we'll sort that case out later". But its $200k, if i was MA i'd designate (from my 'VAST' work force) at least on person from support to assist Jolana. Its a big amount of cash and hence requires utmost ergency.

You also agree that MindArk has the right to lock Your Entropia Universe Account in case of suspected Agreement violation during the period of investigation of the said violation.

you agree to your account being locked while any thing is being investigated every time you log in ...

it is standard to lock accounts while investagating as it makes for a shorter time to investage the activities if there is nothing new on the account /accounts being investigated.

It's not about locking, it's about not saying anything to her.
Really just get your lawyer call them. Now.
I don't care if she's a serial killer, they should inform her.
I would be so very pissed.

Its not a question of what the OP should do. I'm more concerned at why MA are treating customers like this. Jolana even mentioned, "barely any contact from support whatsoever"... At least have someone to assist you. If it was a matter of 100 ped, "yeh ok we'll sort that case out later". But its $200k, if i was MA i'd designate (from my 'VAST' work force) at least on person from support to assist Jolana. Its a big amount of cash and hence requires utmost ergency.

So you are proposing differential treatment? Important profiled players should get benefits?

I say no more..

You may not spread any rumors, false or inaccurate information about MindArk, the Entropia Universe or MindArk's Partners, associates, staff or affiliates, which MindArk consider, at MindArk's sole discretion, to be potentially damaging, by using the Entropia Universe, IRC (chats) or any other public forums in any media, now known or not currently known, including but not limited to a web site.

"Good grief Charlie Brown"
:eek::eek::eek:
90% of people posting could be locked????​

So you are proposing differential treatment? Important profiled players should get benefits?

I say no more..

ok maybe not preferential treatment. But at least something from support that keeps you up to date with what they are doing maybe every 3 days? So you know whats happening with your investment.

ok maybe not preferential treatment. But at least something from support that keeps you up to date with what they are doing maybe every 3 days? So you know whats happening with your investment.

That sounds better :)

I say no more..

If you ask me, its not about giving them special treatment, its about not getting sued so the game stays up and running! just my opinion, but if i had a $200k investment in the game that i am creating now, i would definitly go out of the way to put a stick up my A** to keep the big investors happy! Happy Investors means money, no investors equals no money :(

Hmmmm....... It's Dynamic :confused:

This is what i would have done in your shoes. As many have said CALL MA. But before you call them, contact a Swedish lawyer and try to explain the situation. Then CRAVE to have a talk over the Phone with Marco himself, give him / MA 3 days to solve this situation, and explain to him IF its not sorted in 3 days you will fly over to Sweden and visit their HQ on THEIR expence. Bring your lawyer to their office and refuse to leave until problem is solved. It might help to ask the lawyer to contact Swedish media to. This is such an assload of money its all about so i wouldnt rest with less then the above mentioned.

I think that the support centre is now placed in mexico.. and thats the problem.. The people in support dep. dont have any clue about the game..

Its just few mexicans which have been given guide what to do and how to reply... And how to escalate problems to dev team. They dont have any info that you are the bank owner for example..

Thats why it seems so bad..

Hey!

I am active miner and and definetly not trader or banker or LA owner. I was locked around month ago shortly after VU 10 with explanation - internal investigation. Question - why i need to suffer from INTERNAL investigation?
Yes i took gun, fap and some armor to hunt in SGA from old friend, since i wasnt expecting any good drops in mining. I hardly see me changing proffesion as some kind of crime. I traded with my friend in my place, from my (fresh intalled OS and EU) other computer. So i can say for 100% there was no any exploits or such stuff around.
After i was locked, i offered all information i have to MA and full cooperation. I didnt got any normal response from them. And no question aswell, like Akoz did.
Only response i got was:
"Your account was locked since you had made multiple transactions with items connected to an exploit occurring after the Version Update 10.0. The investigation is still ongoing and your account will be kept locked meanwhile."

Thats plain bulsh*#, cause items i took was else my items or items where i was coowner for years. And i am prety much sure those are EXACTLY those items. And in 1 month if you want you can find out EVERYTHING you need.
Specialy after I provided as much information i can trought support case.

For me all this story sounds like witchunt and all peoples close to it automaticaly getting locked, doesnt matter who they are and what they did or didnt.

I contacted Jolana aswell, as far i know, she called MA office and person who are incharge about banks several times, but without any results. Else they wasnt available or she wasnt able to reach them.

Last edited:
I don't believe it's exactly as the thread opener says.

Simply, because no-one would wait so long and just fill support cases. I phoned them about a serious issue and had no problems to get a real contact and get direct answers. They couldn't help me, it was my own fault, but tey talked to me.

We will never hear from MA a statement about what exactly was going on, but imagine the bad pess MA would get, if they would do this without a SERIOUS reason.

I am happy to see, that they lock accounts to investigate things. What I don't like is, that it seems people don't get answers after 2 weeks. That would make all PvP trades a risc.

Still I am surprised that Akoz is just filling teickets too instead of calling Marco or someone else.

It's a lock, not a ban, right?

No word from OP for some time here... did you call MA / FPC and asked what was going on?
When it comes to such a big money support case is not the way. After VU 10.0 support has so many bug reports and other cases they will need weeks to explain it all... It doesn't suprice me they don't deal with you in any different way than they do with the rest of us if you submit a support case. Support won't care who you are and how much have you got in EU. They read the mails and reply or pass them on to people who are responsible...
It all sounds a bit odd if you didn't call them... I would if I had such a big cash in game and I got locked.

It's most likely your bank got some item that was involved in a scam. It might have been given to the back to get a loan or someone payed the back using money he got from the sale of a stolen item :dunno:

Other possibility is that you had some programe running in the back when you logged into EU. They don't accept programs like autocklicers or bots but sometimes you may get into trouble if you have a virus trying to do something with EU when you connect to the game or something similar.
There were such cases in the past as far as I know.

There is lots of things that might have happened.

Anyway, try to call and ask who could you talk to about the issue and then ask this person to explain what's the problem. But first take a few deep breaths and take it easy... shouting at them won't help for sure. And when you talk to them avoid word "scam" and phrases like "I'll call the police"...

Phone them up and ask for projected dates of closure of the investigation.

Whatever the truth is in this case, MA needs to give the community a full explanation. A case like this could destroy all faith in the credibility of this game and as a result, the rce.
Everyone with an investment in this game should demand full disclosure from MA.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the OP or MA in this case, the scary thing is that MA is prepared to act as Judge, Jury and executioner in these situations and basically hide behind the fact that for most people taking and using legal advice is likely to be beyond their means.

I know something of European and UK law and under both a contract which includes unreasonable penalties will be struck down by a court. Seizing someones "investment" seems an unreasonable (disproportionate) penalty to me.

Really, if you can throw a lawyer at them if you don't get a sensible written explanation from them very soon.

MA really need an independent arbitration procedure and a realistic contract if they are to accept large sums from people.

What if someone wanted you locked?
If i'd phone to 911 tell them there's a bumb at X, they will check it with extreme cauction. What if someone is trying to **** you?
Not the kind of jokes I apreciate but it is possible?

Regards,

historically MA lock 1st and ask questions later, I got locked for depositing and MA fucked up so they locked ME for THEY'RE mistake, so anything is possible from MA lol

Hello,
I am owner of Fort Argus bank. Right after VU10 my account was locked because of some “exploit investigation” putting on halt all my business in EU and making me unable to participate in EU and finish any deals in progress. Since then MA/FPC fail to explain what is wrong with my account and what kind of exploit they are talking about. To clear possible questions – I can't imagine me exploiting anything in EU. All my activities were concluding trades with other avatars, AFAIK without any bad history and well known and honorable players. Right now I am simply scared of loosing all my invested money for completely unknown reason because there are no any communication from MA/FPC side not talking about any willing to help to solve this situation. I paid pretty much close to 200k USD for bank + operation deposit MA required for bank. I offered full cooperation to MA to help them in their investigation, also offered all information i can provide. That didn't helped at all, MA even didn't asked any questions at all.
Of course I wrote a support case, I was trying to contact Marco through this forum with no result at all. Does that mean that all my and possible everyone's else investments are not safe by any means? Does MA/FPC can just lock our accounts without any reason and without explaining themselves ?
It is even more about this since I have borrowed some money Irl from bank to buy that bank and get money to operate it. And now I have payments to make and if I loose my account I will be double f####d:( Because bank won't care that I was scammed by someone... Also i had some private investors, who's money is locked as well. They don't care about me getting locked/scammed.
Maybe someone has encountered similar problems in past and can give me an advice what to do in this situation? Should I hope for their honesty? Should I contact Sweden police about company scamming me for vast money? Any help/advice will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jolana Brice

I would contact a local attorney to have them send a letter to MA/FPC to provide info immediately.

It's real money for a real investment, and that is just too much BS when they pull that crap without providing any information as to what and why.

get an lawyer, pack my bags and go to sweden :p

but as everyone else says. call them. smells quite fishy really

historically MA lock 1st and ask questions later, I got locked for depositing and MA fucked up so they locked ME for THEY'RE mistake, so anything is possible from MA lol

You didnt get locked for depositing, you got locked because you gave money to MA and got ped in return, thus exploiting the bug that gives you ped for cash!

I believe its common courtesy to reply something when asked. At least a response would be better than an ignore... Come on MA, even if its an investigation a reply from support can't be that hard.

This is what i would have done in your shoes. As many have said CALL MA. But before you call them, contact a Swedish lawyer and try to explain the situation. Then CRAVE to have a talk over the Phone with Marco himself, give him / MA 3 days to solve this situation, and explain to him IF its not sorted in 3 days you will fly over to Sweden and visit their HQ on THEIR expence. Bring your lawyer to their office and refuse to leave until problem is solved. It might help to ask the lawyer to contact Swedish media to. This is such an assload of money its all about so i wouldnt rest with less then the above mentioned.

Marco ??? What can he do ? Jan Eric Haldo Welter Timkrans is the CEO for Mindark not Marco. Marco is involved in PlanetCalypso (First Planet Company AB) even though he was involved in Mindark PE AB before.

Maybe EU Support & Operations AB could be involved in this and then CEO is Sundström, Anna Cornelia (at least in 2008)

But after a phone call to MA office, at least a reason for the lock should be presented to you.

Running off to a lawyer as first action isn't ideal, and they are not for free either ! When you get an explanation, then you should consider your actions legally.

Back