Am I getting scammed for 200K? Help please!

I believe its common courtesy to reply something when asked. At least a response would be better than an ignore... Come on MA, even if its an investigation a reply from support can't be that hard.

some people might argue , "no MA are god. Let them do anything they want and have all the time as possible. I dont know them personally but MA are perfect organisation with all the happiest customers"...

had to edit due to rule 2.2 :p

Everyone complaining about being banned knows exactly what they did, and I'm sick of the bs.

You are all whoa-is-me'ing while honest players like me are losing our asses off. You should be ashamed.

To all the other honest players out there - don't be sucked in to the hype. These are not innocent bystanders getting screwed. WE are the innocent bystanders getting screwed.

Everyone complaining about being banned knows exactly what they did, and I'm sick of the bs.

You are all whoa-is-me'ing while honest players like me are losing our asses off. You should be ashamed.

To all the other honest players out there - don't be sucked in to the hype. These are not innocent bystanders getting screwed. WE are the innocent bystanders getting screwed.

mate some times MA make quite random mistake... kygon got banned for depositing before lol

mate some times MA make quite random mistake... kygon got banned for depositing before lol

You don't understand. I KNOW what they did. And so do they.

"Good grief Charlie Brown"
:eek::eek::eek:
90% of people posting could be locked????​

No locks? Then the people posting must not be spreading rumors, or false or inaccurate information then, eh?;)

7 pages of replies, but none of MA. Now i dont know if an pm's directed to Jolana, but MA and its staff....GOD what a fucked up company that is.

Send your story to gaming sites, make it public i would say

Last edited:

Then why hold back?
I have written what I know about this issue. If I am part of some deep dark conspiracy then please let me and the others know what exactly is going on? You don't even have to mention names. Just tell us wtf this exploit is about.

Yes, please.. cause i am prey much sure, only MA know what all this about. You must be from MA then.
Cause only thing i know for sure - a lot of peoples are locked for about month just because MA doing some kind of INTERNAL investigation about some kind of exploit.

Then why hold back?
I have written what I know about this issue. If I am part of some deep dark conspiracy then please let me and the others know what exactly is going on? You don't even have to mention names. Just tell us wtf this exploit is about.

Maybe your friend was banned for using bot hunting ?
and so you supose to be aware of the dangerosity of the item...
But how can you be aware that some player did abuse szstem and get unlocked during update...since we have no official statement about the name of the locked player and why they are locked...

Etopia = :wise:

Cat = out of the bag.

Maybe your friend was banned for using bot hunting ?
and so you supose to be aware of the dangerosity of the item...
But how can you be aware that some player did abuse szstem and get unlocked during update...since we have no official statement about the name of the locked player and why they are locked...

The guy I received the items from was never locked for bot hunting to my knowledge, and is not on the "common list of suspected bot hunters". In fact I don't think he has ever been locked for anything before this. Of course he could've been lying to me for like years, but in this case I doubt it.

Investing 200k in virtual world can get you in all kind of troubles…;)

Hope this don’t get out on the internet. Ppl tend to remember bad thinks…:(

Im still supprised about how is it going.. still no reply..

Come on this is really big bullshit... MA is like 50 employee company LOL..

I think that everyone except cleaner should gave you answer why you are banned.... I hate how they are playing big company where you need to get to receptionist then to another man, then its escalated to another and then finaly someone can say something.. BULLSHIT !! you are all sitting next to each other.. So there are two things OP is full of sh..t or MA is playing its classic

The guy I received the items from was never locked for bot hunting to my knowledge, and is not on the "common list of suspected bot hunters". In fact I don't think he has ever been locked for anything before this. Of course he could've been lying to me for like years, but in this case I doubt it.

or maybe your friend did get those item from some of those that was loked...

Yes, please.. cause i am prey much sure, only MA know what all this about. You must be from MA then.
Cause only thing i know for sure - a lot of peoples are locked for about month just because MA doing some kind of INTERNAL investigation about some kind of exploit.

And the exploiters are being locked... as the plot thickens.... there is something not right here and the op is certainly IMHO not telling the whole story...

As for MA discussing this on this forum fat chance... as it is private matter between the op and them to resolve... and I'm not so sure the OP would want the details made public...

Im still supprised about how is it going.. still no reply..

Come on this is really big bullshit... MA is like 50 employee company LOL..

I think that everyone except cleaner should gave you answer why you are banned.... I hate how they are playing big company where you need to get to receptionist then to another man, then its escalated to another and then finaly someone can say something.. BULLSHIT !! you are all sitting next to each other.. So there are two things OP is full of sh..t or MA is playing its classic

But she hasn't contacted them except in a support case... or made much of creditible attempt to follow up... and there may be good reason for that...

I think the thread should locked and shit-canned as a private matter with the OP insinuating that she is possibly being scammed by MA... without any evidence...

I suppose that is plausible, but if it is the case how was I supposed to know?
And what exactly is the exploit about? Why are items from old bot locked avatars suddenly in rotation? Why is there no warning from MA / FPC on the site about staying away from certain types of items until this is sorted out?

When you read this part it takes some serious courage to put any money in Entroipia:

"9. MINDARK'S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

MindArk provides the Entropia Universe, a virtual universe where You are free to choose the course of the action You wish to pursue.

MINDARK, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIERIES SHALL, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSS OR EXPENSE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, OR ECONOMIC LOSS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEY FEES, LOST OF GOODWILL OR HARDWARE DAMAGES, ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR TRANSMISSION OR USE OF ANY CONTENT USING THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT , TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, MINDARK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE LOSS OF ANY DATA OR ELECTRONIC FILES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACCOUNT, AVATAR, SKILLS AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS AND/OR CURRENCIES, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SERVER FAILURE, INTERRUPTIONS OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION, INTERNET LATENCY, VIRUSES, BUGS, TROJAN HORSES AND THE LIKE, SOFTWARE AND/OR HARDWARE DEFECTS OR ERRORS, UNAUTHORISED USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SYSTEM OR SERVERS, USE OF CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE, AND THE USE OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IN GENERAL.

You acknowledge that MindArk will not be liable for any damages or loss caused by failure to perform any term or condition of this Agreement due to conditions beyond MindArk's reasonable control such as, but not limited to, war, terror attack, strikes, fires, floods, acts of God, governmental or authority restrictions, power failures, or damage or destruction of any network facilities or servers.

MindArk reserves the right to interrupt the services available via Entropia Universe and/or the operation of the Entropia Universe System with or without prior notice for any reason. You agree that MindArk will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by interruption of the Entropia Universe, delay or failure to perform."

:rolleyes:

And I don’t care what everyone on the EF say is simple if one day they decide to stop it you won’t get one cent back from it.;)

Hope you get you problem solved ASAP.:(

7 pages of replies, but none of MA. Now i dont know if an pm's directed to Jolana, but MA and its staff....GOD what a fucked up company that is.

What drug did you take Dude ?
Seven pages of crap and you really think a serious company would make a post in here when the issue is 200k USD ?
In what world are you living ?
Oh wait i see... dutch... hmm... weed i guess :nana:

Rumors, nothing more then rumors and you brainless people have nothing better to do then to judge without knowing anything.
This is how reputations goes down nowadays. A sucker reads any shit in a forum and posts it again and again till thousends of idiots believe the same and suddenly the rumor seems to be a fact.

Just USE YOUR BRAIN A BIT MORE plz. :banghead:
Sometimes

You also agree that MindArk has the right to lock Your Entropia Universe Account in case of suspected Agreement violation during the period of investigation of the said violation.

you agree to your account being locked while any thing is being investigated every time you log in ...

it is standard to lock accounts while investagating as it makes for a shorter time to investage the activities if there is nothing new on the account /accounts being investigated.

It also allows for items to remain in place and not passed back and forth between 20 avi's trying to hide the trail.

I don't know why MA would care about this, since they never return items anyway.

Have no clue, and tbh - i dont care ,if MA has some old fight with someone going on. Even more, there was no any MA statement about some items beeing illegal or trades with some peoples beeing illegal.
I agree - scams or stolen items must be returned to theyr owners, but i hardly believe thats a case here.

Sorry, but lol at those who view this entertainment platform as an investment.

I have said all along...EU is entertainment. Investments without protection are simply risks imho.

The EULA offers no protection whatsoever to any player or their cash within EU.

As for being locked. Speak to MA rather than coming on EF to complain about it, particularly as EF proports to be an independant forum not affiliated with MA/FPC.

When you read this part it takes some serious courage to put any money in Entroipia:

"9. MINDARK'S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

And I don’t care what everyone on the EF say is simple if one day they decide to stop it you won’t get one cent back from it.;)
(

Nothing evil here... It looks pretty much like any standard contract of extent of liability clauses... and a pretty straight forward one at that...

Nothing evil here... It looks pretty much like any standard contract of extent of liability clauses... and a pretty straight forward at that...

You are aware if someone asked me to sign a contract like that IRL, concerning IRL matters, i would probly hit them in their face with my shoe and call them stupid.

i posted this exact post 2 pages back, but for some reason it seems like quite a good comment to quote at this particular time:

some people might argue , "no MA are god. Let them do anything they want and have all the time as possible. I dont know them personally but MA are perfect organisation with all the happiest customers"...

had to edit due to rule 2.2 :p

I don't know why MA would care about this, since they never return items anyway.

Thats what im wondering about , since i never heard about returned items from scam..

You are aware if someone asked me to sign a contract like that IRL, concerning IRL matters, i would probly hit them in their face with my shoe and call them stupid.

i wouldn't hit them in the face, i'd find a certain someone (rule 2.2 doesnt allow me to mention) and hit them in the face instead

Although i fully agree Xzion

:trout:
Bullsh*t you accept and sign them all the time... read you sales agreement for you car... insurance on you and your house... your tv... your computer and mobile phones... cable company... etc... etc... etc... any micrsoft product...

Does MA/FPC can just lock our accounts without any reason and without explaining themselves ?

Yes, this is clearly stated in the EULA which you "Accept" every time you log in, unless you have drawn up/signed a separate contract between yourself and MindArk concerning “your Bank" that supersedes the EULA.

Given your unique circumstances, it is beyond me and all rational, logical reason why you didn't telephone MindArk immediately.

Their contact details are as follows:

Mindark PE AB (publ)
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden

Telephone: +46 (0)31 607 260
Fax: +46 (0)31 136 016

I would never ever buy something in EU I couldnt afford to loose 100% of due to how fuzzy the ownership is. As I interpret it MA owns every item ingame and you own nothing, theres no obligation by MA to pay you for lost items or they dont even need to explain why your account was locked or you items gone. Bottom line, everything is controlled and owned by mindark when it gets real. Ofc they do everything to help think we have control of our investment otherwise the whole concept would fall like a cardhouse.

For investments of this size I could need a written contract with Mindark about the ownership and "what ifs" cleary stated before giving them one pec.

Best of luck to you with this , im very interested to hear how it goes.

I can only agree 100% with what Mice has said here. Without a separate contract with MindArk over “ownership” issues it appears to be a highly risky and foolish venture to “invest” more money into Entropia Universe than you can safely afford to lose/forfeit given the current terms of the EULA and their known track record.

It will be very interesting to see how this thing unfolds in terms of the communication, if any, that is provided by MindArk on the subject. This issue is a critical one in regards to the confidence that is placed in the security and stability of their “Real Cash Economy”.

I can at least assure you that you are not the only one being locked.

I had my hands on an imk2 and a swine dlx for a couple of days that a friend asked me to sell. It was only for a couple of days, but a week later my account was locked.
That was 2009-09-08.

The guy that received the mk2 has also been locked, so has the guy I got it from so I believe you are all but alone in this.

I also heard of another guy being locked and unlocked for a similar issue around a month ago (same case?), and it took him 2-3 weeks or so.

I also got locked for the same reason, mindark have replied all my support cases but given minimal information.

I was locked around month ago shortly after VU 10 with explanation - internal investigation.

Only response i got was:
"Your account was locked since you had made multiple transactions with items connected to an exploit occurring after the Version Update 10.0. The investigation is still ongoing and your account will be kept locked meanwhile."

Etopia = :wise:

Cat = out of the bag.

The plot thickens... :popcorn:

Nothing evil here... It looks pretty much like any standard contract of extent of liability clauses... and a pretty straight forward one at that...

I did not say is « evil » I just say invest 200000$ but don’t cry if it vanish.;)

Why do you think most big companies are presented in SL and none are interested in EU?

The fact that MA can just ‘STOP ENTROPIA AT ANY TIME THEY LIKE’ may be reason for it.

I know ppl debate over it (it will never stop, blablabla) the fact is simply written down and you agree to it every single time you log in.:)

Back