Am I getting scammed for 200K? Help please!

This is more fishy than Hamburg docks in a summer day.

So lemme see if I understood correctly, all three of you have old friends who suddenly decided to sell/lend you imk2's? Is the same old friend in all cases?

I suppose that is plausible, but if it is the case how was I supposed to know?
And what exactly is the exploit about? Why are items from old bot locked avatars suddenly in rotation? Why is there no warning from MA / FPC on the site about staying away from certain types of items until this is sorted out?

Seems , after VU 10 , all locked avatar was not locked anymore due to some bug.so some , did log in and trade,sell item...
MA for sure got some warning somewhere , and thez loked all avatar that made deal with those plazer , or who did get those item...
So , some total innocent plazer who just did trade an item with friend got locked...

But that how MA do the stuff , thez always did it that way.lock evrzone related to the item , and then investigate...I kinda understand them for that...
The things i dont like is they never provide any info..
so one day , you just locked , and it take weeks to even know whz...

Seems , after VU 10 , all locked avatar was not locked anymore due to some bug.so some , did log in and trade,sell item...
MA for sure got some warning somewhere , and thez loked all avatar that made deal with those plazer , or who did get those item...
So , some total innocent plazer who just did trade an item with friend got locked...

But that how MA do the stuff , thez always did it that way.lock evrzone related to the item , and then investigate...I kinda understand them for that...

That makes sense. Were they all accidentally unlocked, or was it some sort of exploit where they managed to log in despite being locked? My support case specifically states there is an exploits investigation.

some people might argue , "no MA are god. Let them do anything they want and have all the time as possible. I dont know them personally but MA are perfect organisation with all the happiest customers"...

had to edit due to rule 2.2 :p

Well in fact you accept MA=god everytime you accept the ToU. If you want to rebel fine but don't accept the ToU then i.e. do not log in.

Enough with the playing naive and innocent Akoz. Just who did you get a free imk2 from?

squall? bluefire? Someone else who used to be in CC or Riga Team?

..Gee how could you have possibly suspected something was fishy. I know I have friends pop online and ask me to sell legitimate imk2s and modfaps for them ALL THE TIME. :rolleyes:

Well in fact you accept MA=god everytime you accept the ToU. If you want to rebel fine but don't accept the ToU then i.e. do not log in.

Im not complaining about ToU. I'm talking about general other problems in EU as whole. Doesnt say anywhere in ToU

"We will introduce various bugs, promise a wide range of new content some of which will never come essentially 'mess' around with our customers and you will take it"

but yes, ALL the other problems aren't on topic. And the "some people" i reffered to is actually one person, but anyway..

Last edited:
dude.. form your posts around this forum i can TELL that you would cry if you lost 200000$in investments :rolleyes:

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

You forget something I WILL NEVER DEPOSIT 200k!:eek:

Even that I did deposit again when I came back like 50k (last year I widrow 30k) so ATM I don’t know how much is in skills.

But I think everyone will cry for 200k is just are you ready to invest 200k am not and will never do something that silly simply because I can see more IRL opportunity’s.:)

If you go to your BANK and ask them at what to invest 200000$ plenty of advice.;)

That makes sense. Were they all accidentally unlocked, or was it some sort of exploit where they managed to log in despite being locked? My support case specifically states there is an exploits investigation.

I have no clue.
I just know some locked avatar managed to log in after VU 10 and did try to trade/sell items.
It tell a lot about those player,since the onlz things they managed to do is put in shit many other player...

:trout:
Bullsh*t you accept and sign them all the time... read you sales agreement for you car... insurance on you and your house... your tv... your computer and mobile phones... cable company... etc... etc... etc... any micrsoft product...

Only people incapabel of reading/understanding and putting up demands on companys for their contacts get screwd. As for IRL i always read what i sign.
And then you think "But all companys dont give this and cares about what you think" and that is true, that is why i find companys that offer me what i need and want to the deal i wish for.

This is IRL, internet dosnt work really the same way, even if companys on the internet in most cases do.

If i didnt like what was in microsoft EULA i would use some other system which gave me what i wanted.
I dont know how you make your deals, but i know what i sign and what is in the contract :silly2:

Since i am IT related person, i can say for sure, such scenario are posible only if someone are totaly clueless whan operating with databases or it was done for purpose.

And answer to guy who asked about 3 imk2 or so - no, noone lended me imk2, i took back mine which one i rented some time ago since i am miner :D so, thats not a case here aswell.
And even if Etopias theory are true - why peoples who arnt involved in some old locking cases need to suffer? Even if it was MAs bug with databases or such?
You would be happy if you will get locked in such way?

I did not say is « evil » I just say invest 200000$ but don’t cry if it vanish.;)

nonsense you were trying to imply that MA was not agood place to invest which is consistant with all you other negative posts about MA...

Why do you think most big companies are presented in SL and none are interested in EU?

I'm glad you asked that question... and you are completely wrong... and spreading another false rumor... based not on fact but your decidely biased negative views about MA...

MindArk may very well bring in RL brands to Entropia Universe (that is, add support for it in the Entropia platform).

My point-of-view, and the vision from FPC, concerning Planet Calypso (the MMO) is that real life brands are not something we will put effort in attracting. We want to focus our energy to creating a kick-ass experience and developing great, entertaining systems for gameplay and business. With the release of VU10.0 FPC is given a new platform to develop Planet Calypso on. We are already designing completely new systems that may arrive late 2009 if everything goes according to plan.

It is even more about this since I have borrowed some money Irl from bank to buy that bank and get money to operate it. And now I have payments to make and if I loose my account I will be double f####d:( Because bank won't care that I was scammed by someone... Also i had some private investors, who's money is locked as well.

It shouldn`t be a case. It was all sorted out with MA long time ago. All in all those things happened due to changes IRL. Had jobs that pulled me away from any civilisation for long time... And I missed those fee deadlines.

:eek: :eek: very professional business :rolleyes:

First missing fee deadlines which caused many support personal hours and money! And now calling MA Scammers in a public Forum and expecting professional and fast treatment from them?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

good Job :yay:

Anyway , i dont think a bank owner,would risk his acount for some low money.
If a list of locked,banned player was avalable,i am sure bank owner would never did trade such item,neither most of other player...
Who would trade someone in such a list and risk a ban ?

why do you play such a smartass and tell that he shouldnt cry over em then?
try think about what you say and how it could harm someones feelings?

I think you miss understand what I wrote (it won’t be the first time, is part mine fault as I can’t write in perfect way).

What I tried to say (in baby English) IN GENERAL (not directed to the OP) is that if you read the EULA (and I quoted) is that you CAN lose all over night and not be able to do anything about it.

I hope is more clear now (is not directed to the OP) is directed to the EULA.
But again not big deal most post I make are miss read (part is mine own mistakes as writing them).:scratch2:

Ah so that's what it's all about, I heard a rumour about that. That'll be a bowl of spaghetti to untangle - trades to undo and so on.

I'm glad you asked that question... and you are completely wrong... and spreading another false rumor... based not on fact but your decidely biased negative views...

you cant base your argument on what marco said in this matter, marco is not the spokesman for the companys that they are thinking about allowing doing commercial ingame.

IRL companys may not want to be accosiated with EU, but we dont know this, do we?

And answer to guy who asked about 3 imk2 or so - no, noone lended me imk2, i took back mine which one i rented some time ago since i am miner :D so, thats not a case here aswell.

I am genuinely convinced you were locked by mistake.

:girl:

:popcorn:

P.S.: still somebody on EF who didn't add Brooklyn to ignore list?

Originally Posted by XingTianNu
I did not say is « evil » I just say invest 200000$ but don’t cry if it vanish.

“nonsense you were trying to imply that MA was not agood place to invest which is consistant with all you other negative posts about MA...”

Let be clear about this I made plenty of good post about MA (you just fail to do so, but we know you are MA monkey is all good). I usually speak the truth based on facts! If you don’t like the truth then lie I don’t.
It states in the EULA (I won’t quote again) that MA can stop EU and you won’t get anything how is that bad review I just point what we all can read in the EULA.:scratch2:

Originally Posted by XingTianNu
Why do you think most big companies are presented in SL and none are interested in EU?

“I'm glad you asked that question... and you are completely wrong... and spreading another false rumor... based not on fact but your decidedly biased negative views about MA...”

How about they FAIL to attract any big company’s and so they came out with PR line that fallow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco|FPC
MindArk may very well bring in RL brands to Entropia Universe (that is, add support for it in the Entropia platform).

My point-of-view, and the vision from FPC, concerning Planet Calypso (the MMO) is that real life brands are not something we will put effort in attracting. We want to focus our energy to creating a kick-ass experience and developing great, entertaining systems for gameplay and business. With the release of VU10.0 FPC is given a new platform to develop Planet Calypso on. We are already designing completely new systems that may arrive late 2009 if everything goes according to plan.

“kick-ass experience” I think Marko need to danlowd global agenda and fallen earth.:)

nonsense you were trying to imply that MA was not agood place to invest which is consistant with all you other negative posts about MA...

I'm glad you asked that question... and you are completely wrong... and spreading another false rumor... based not on fact but your decidely biased negative views about MA...

Yeh but it doesnt explain why SL is more successful in terms of

number of players, media attention, number of companies interested in EU

SL came out after EU, and yet its much more successful on those points above. MA may have some interested companies on the horizon, but other games have done this long before and advanced much ahead in this area.

just a NB: i dont hate EU, i have great passion for the game hence the reason why i've invested so much and continue to invest. But i'm worried at the direction that EU is heading, comparing it with its past (which was awesome) and now, and also contrasting it with other similar games.

I love gossip :)

:popcorn:

This thread was interesting to read, I hope everything gets sorted out!

Alright, I updated my first post with current info. I think I will update on original post since reply can be easily lost due to amount of replies.
And about "something fishy" and rest of assumptions: I posted support case to straight after I discover I was locked. every couple days they were replying like "investigation is going on, we will contact you soon bla-bla...". Naturally I was hoping that official way - support case - is a right mean for contact/sort thigns out with MA. It worked as a charm before so I did believe it should work now as well. That is a reason I wasn`t trying to phone/email/bang on door to MA. Right now I see that this is going nowhere and started looking for any other means of comunicating with MA/FPC people. I agree that some items I recently acquired might be somehow stealed/exploited or whatever, but I think this is risk in every trade we are doing in EU. As I told before I made trades with people considered trustworthy and we didn`t make any shady deals. Plain item trade. If some of those items were illegal somehow, MA could let me know and then we can sort this out. However they didn`t ask me a single question about that matter.

One thing that should be pretty easy to keep track of is
OA/Shed Area 18
OA/Shed Area 23
OA/Shed Area 30
OA/Shed Area 37
to see if any of them has changed hands (and seller is not "Marcus Callendar the estate broker").

you cant base your argument on what marco said in this matter, marco is not the spokesman for the companys that they are thinking about allowing doing commercial ingame.

IRL companys may not want to be accosiated with EU, but we dont know this, do we?

Yes I can... as there is a more logical parsimous answer to the question that some sort of conspiracy theory... that companies don't want to be associated wiht MA... by the telia Sweden biggest telecommunications communitcations firm was running adds before VU10.... International entertaiment companies are signing up with MA... that's the eviedence... So where's you proof... I'ts like saying aliens built the pyramids...

This like being in Bizzarro world...

well im also locked for same reason and recently got the same reply as morse got. and yes i traded with one of the accused bot-user avatars, i figured ma had decided to finally unlock them as they had "served their time" guess not... and i was so happy my bro got some of his shit back which he lent to the guy. anyway, someone already got locked and unlocked which is strange that it happens quickly for some and slowly for others. :rolleyes:

i ofc dont understand what exploit they are talking about i mean the guy didnt unlock his account by himself, ma did it and as morse says prolly on purpose which is imo fucking retarded (i also read somewhere marco saying that they dont have any bugs and dont make mistakes).

2009-08-21 is date of my lock and all of my support cases ask for a reason for the lock and in some i offer help which they mostly jsut ignored and got a reason on 2009-09-16. thats almost a month just to get them to tell me why the hell im locked.

ive been looking into alternative methods of sorting this out, namely that in sweden if u are form a eu country (which i am) and earn less then a certain amount then any lawyer fees u have will be subsidised and therefore are within the means of a average person such as myself who works a crappy dead end job. but if i was jolana i wouldnt be as patient with this as i am being with "only" 10k usd in the game...

take it easy,

Zy

edit: gotta get this out of me: bunch of low down fucking sneaky assholes... i feel better already =P

maybe you were running something in background ?

My gut tells me there is something very wrong about this thread..

I have the same feeling TBH...

7 pages of replies, but none of MA. Now i dont know if an pm's directed to Jolana, but MA and its staff....GOD what a fucked up company that is.

Send your story to gaming sites, make it public i would say

I am actually GLAD they do not reply to these threads. I remember seeing in Marco's siggie that he does not and will not address support issues on the boards (forums). To address it here would be unprofessional, much like posting the issue is as well. It is no one's business but the players and FPC's. Air dirty laundry in public most often results in everyone seeing the stains.

MA|FPC is a business with a lot of current investors as well as casual players. I am certain that if they locked an account, there is sufficiant cause at least from their perspective. Before we light up the torches and grab pitchforks, let's try to believe MA|FPC is acting in the best interest of the community.

Back