Am I getting scammed for 200K? Help please!

Because it's really serious and big amounts of money are involved...

All the more reason they SHOULD be talking directly with him, and not escalate it to attornies.

If they force it to the next level, I'd bring law enforcement into it for UNLAWFULLY seizing or freezing financial assets.

Most places under $5,000 to $10,000 is a civil matter, but certainly $200,000 is a criminal matter.

So how does this end?

A. MA inform you that the items were/are from banned Avatars, they are sorry and understand you had no way of knowing, they will take the items back, return your PEDs, and it's all over.

B. MA accuse you of knowingly trading with suspect persons, and you lose everything. You and your lawyer Vs MA.

C. Something in between.

Interesting everyone seems settled that A is the case but maybe it's about something else... :confused:

Wow, that is a bit frightening that they say right out they won't even talk to you directly. Why would they be allowed to talk with your lawyer if they aren't allowed to talk with you?

Thats normal procedure in any company if the situation is legally delicate. It also tells me that we only know an part of the story, and that is to expect as MA can't talk about it in public.

Interesting everyone seems settled that A is the case but maybe it's about something else... :confused:

that's the point THEY aren't telling him/anyone what the case is.

The way THEY deal with things, is you are guilty until proven innocent. Is that acceptable?

You always try to resolve things at the lowest level, and only escalate it when nothing further can be done at that level.

Whether he did wrong or right, he has a right to know the status of his account (not just we're looking into it).

Indefinite hold while losing his income is ludicrous.

If he's suspected of doing wrong, then they need to tell him so he can get to proving he's in the right. Not this clandestine back room investigation with so much at stake.

Trying to reason with Brooklyn is like giving a present to a child as punishment for beating up his little brother.

Your point rings true though, if the OP's first attempt at communication was heeded this thread would have never even happened, let alone talk of FBI, lawyers and the speculative for potential court proceedings (*stir pot*).

*edit*
ever notice how hard it is to ignore someone with the ignore function, when they are constantly being quoted by people they're annoying?

I have a few feelings about this situation:

1. MA needs reason, even if it is a poor one, but it needs to explain the situation when they lock, ban, freeze an account.

2. Based on the amount of grey areas sometimes near black I would have a hard time trusting MA with that amount of money wethere rumors are true or not.

3. I find it interesting MA to lock someone who has invested money around the sum of 200,000 US$ without providing them any more service or respect/priority than a whiney sweat noob.

4. This situation just further proves in hind sight 20/20 never invest in ANYTHING what you can't afford to lose :( ( done it enough myself )

The way THEY deal with things, you are guilty until proven innocent. Is that acceptable?

You always try to resolve things at the lowest level, and only escalate it when nothing further can be done at that level.

Whether he did wrong or right, he has a right to know the status of his account (not just we're looking into it).

If he's suspected of doing wrong, then they need to tell him so he can get to proving he's in the right. Not this clandestine back room investigation with so much at stake.

You are assuming too much. You only know what the OP wants you to know. We don't know MA's side of the story and we probably never will for obvious reasons.

MA isn't exactly known for banning (not talking about temp lock here but perm ban) players without good reasons, actually quite the opposite. Lot of people came away with quite bad abuses in the past.

for 200,000 US dollars i would expect more than "talk to a lawyer" from a secretary.

so the suggestions are lawyers, ive seen lawenforcement, nobody else feels the (online) media would be a good place to air this issue?

for 200,000 US dollars i would expect more than "talk to a lawyer" from a secretary.

so the suggestions are lawyers, ive seen lawenforcement, nobody else feels the (online) media would be a good place to air this issue?

Probably not a good idea before knowing where you stand in whatever it is that is going on. You could end up shooting yourself in the foot!
:eek:

Ask MA about the foot thing, they know all about it.
*edit*
Then again they don't seem to learn from mistakes, so asking them may just result in "oh, so that's what that scar is!"...
:rolleyes:

MA really needs to start giving out the resone why they lock the account.
Not in detail, but atleast something along the lines with "Suspected for using a bot" or anything like that..

Even the smallest clue would be enugh.

However to the threadstarter; If you know that you or anyone els has done anything wrong with the account, that is why.
No matter who uses your account you are sololy responsible for any actions that happend on the account, assuming it was not hacked and that can be proven.

You are assuming too much. You only know what the OP wants you to know. We don't know MA's side of the story and we probably never will for obvious reasons.

MA isn't exactly known for banning (not talking about temp lock here but perm ban) players without good reasons, actually quite the opposite. Lot of people came away with quite bad abuses in the past.

This isn't a ban yet. It's an investigation. And true, from what the op says, MA isn't providing much information, until MA completes their investigation. But in the past they have demonstrated the methodology of shoot first, ask questions later.

I'm not saying not to investigate, but with a RCE they should be providing a lot of detail as to what they are looking at, and make a way for a person to continue to make a living.

That is where the line is crossed in how they treat someone that is "suspected" or "proven guilty." They treat people as guilty initially.

If there is an investigation, then they should be working 24/7 to QUICKLY complete it to permit people to move on.

And, it should not be a secretary telling him to talk to a lawyer.

That could be a mistake because then you would be in fact doing what they are doing.

And, could be found guilty of slander if it turns out you did something wrong to warrant the investigation.

Law Enforcement would be you initiating your own "investigation" in order to find out what is happening. And putting some pressure to show it's not ethical to handle someone's money in that manner.

The way THEY deal with things, is you are guilty until proven innocent. Is that acceptable?

No matter what the case is.... light or heavy...

It is she herself who has brought it up to level of lawyers... by bringing the issue first... to a public forum with the title of

"Am I getting scammed for 200K? Please Help!"​

In addition

All of your unquestioned knee jerk support and reactionary mindless MA bashing has also made it a case for the lawyers.

If it is a simple case... you and friends... have screwed her loyally and royally

MA really needs to start giving out the resone why they lock the account.
Not in detail, but atleast something along the lines with "Suspected for using a bot" or anything like that..

Even the smallest clue would be enugh.

MA does that, enough examples here on the forum. They don't do it until you ask though and i can understand why.

That could be a mistake because then you would be in fact doing what they are doing.

And, could be found guilty of slander if it turns out you did something wrong to warrant the investigation.

Law Enforcement would be you initiating your own "investigation" in order to find out what is happening. And putting some pressure to show it's not ethical to handle someone's money in that manner.

The option would be to go out in the online media and tell them how they treat people they lock, without info, kept in the dark all the time.
That would be a good thing, and since it is true in this case, it would be fully ok to do so.

It cannot halt the investigation, and it has no less then only truth in it, therefor the person in question cant be accused of lieing.

It is she herself who has brought it up to level of lawyers by bringing the issue first... to a public forum with the title of "Am I getting scammed for 200K? Please Help!"

Thats just an wild guess Brooklyn, but of course you might very well be right here. My impression is that the OP knows very well how to play with the EF crowd and did try to put some public pressure on MA.

The option would be to go out in the online media and tell them how they treat people they lock, without info, kept in the dark all the time.
That would be a good thing, and since it is true in this case, it would be fully ok to do so.

It cannot halt the investigation, and it has no less then only truth in it, therefor the person in question cant be accused of lieing.

It would be an avenue that is a very thin line. Now if it was an investigative reporter, that would themselves dig for the facts and not just here-say, that's different.

This forum although mentioned a lot as a "public" forum, is privately owned. It's all things EU. And 711 has fairly confined guidelines to keep things in check.

This is a type of discussion that should be open, 1. it holds the company accountable to the customers as a group, 2. it works things out for understanding on all sides (when not trolled), 3. can bring positive resolution and growth to something we all love.

And Brook, SHE ASKED if she was being scammed, and was looking for help and suggestions, exactly what OTHERS have been providing. You are just trolling. If you had $200,000 tied up and in limbo, wouldn't you be freaking out and at wits end to get answers? I don't know anyone that wouldn't.

Can you tell me one case from the past where an player got locked / banned without MA giving an reason?

Thats just an wild guess Brooklyn, but of course you might very well be right here. My impression is that the OP knows very well how to play with the EF crowd and did try to put some public pressure on MA.

And attempting to excert that public pressure in a private matter, especailly without even first seriously trying to resolve the issues or contact the company, automatically brings in the lawyers.

Any orgainzation seeing the word scam on private issue under investigation with a 200,00 dollar account in a public forum followed by an angry unreasonable mob... brings in the lawyers.

They would be foolish not to...

Shew she probably wouldn't have used the word scammed... if it wasn't for you and your friends creating that false negative environment that encourages that type of slanderous thinking and language on this forum in the first place...

Last edited:
Can you tell me one case from the past where an player got locked / banned without MA giving an reason?

Do a search on Locked in the thread title, in ascending order.

A lot. Some bogus, some legitimate, some questionable.

One main theme, they lock, you may not know, you contact support, and WAIT for them to finally tell you.

I agree they need to safeguard the platform, but they need to come up with a better way of dealing with people since REAL money is involved, and in some cases, large amounts, and some it's their livliehood.

That Brook can be a reason for discussions like this, to show there is room for improvement. Kissing ass doesn't bring about change, it just gives one bad breath.

And, think BEYOND your own little world. People from many countries and backgrounds. For some people not completely fluent in English may not have the right words at hand. In addtion to that, with $200,000 involved, her emotions I'm sure were out of control. Something you wouldn't understand with your little $15 deposits every now and then

And, think BEYOND your own little world. People from many countries and backgrounds. For some people not completely fluent in English may not have the right words at hand. In addtion to that, with $200,000 involved, her emotions I'm sure were out of control. Something you wouldn't understand with your little $15 deposits every now and then

I live in country where people have major difficulties with English... but if you believe that is the case here... then I got bridge in my old neighboorhood I like to sell you...

Can you mention a case they have given a resone in to make the accused person know what it is all about?
I dont see any of those.

This is not about locking people for the right resones and not letting the person know.
Its about letting people know why they are locked.

I think you should contact those who look into trading laws in Sweden and also those of the European Union. MA is not a law unto themselves, they have to obey trading laws the same as everyone else. Start poking around in the right places, and legal people in Sweden and the EU will take notice and look into what MA are up too. Its disgusting they ignore such a big investor and are treating you so badly and rudely.

This cannot be good publicity for MA, if the media got hold of this I think it would make headline news

Last edited:
MindArk does not lock accounts for no reason. An internal investigation is currently being processed and the involved parties have been informed of this. When the investigation is closed, the involved parties will be notified.

You realise that a more proactive approach would be sufficiant to stop threads like this, right "MAsupport"?
It's all been coming out due to people panicking over your lack of communication.
GL sorting this all out!

Don't you play the game or read the notices... it's going to take at least three months to fully implement VU10.... which encompasses CE2 and have all of the basic components and systems up... and to have them running at full capacity... before new content and/or system changes are made...

You and your professional malcontent of 50 or so friends should stop trying to make trouble, based on negative speculations, like you always do, where there really is none and no need to... most of it is based not on facts... or objective understanding of the actual situations past of present... but your inbred negative feeding off each others need to endlessly regurgitate without presenting any evidence... your distorted... past as prologue nonsense...

And before begin with your ususal you weren't there... you little uber friends arrogantly told me... to look it up I warned you that I would and I did... the advantage of not being ther is the advantage of seeing things wiht a fresh eye and from an objective outside point of view...

So if it offends you to have the light of positive reason shown on you little negative charade... so be it...

Well you don't seem to read the forums either with your clean eyes...try reading this :-
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/158794-version-update-10-0-announcement.html

Where does Marco (who amazingly knows better than you which is rare)..say 3 months? HE said "in quick succession" and elsewhere implied weeks while the original plan for SGA was being run..which was also a month originally.

After a month we have yet to see the first of the OLD systems reintroduced.
I suppose that's something you'd applaud and we should be appreciative of is it?

The OP here has a seriously large amount of money at stake..it's way past cheerleading and pointless arguing, it must be very worrying for them and those who have trusted enough to invest so much and been treat less than well in return.

t

24.09.2009. Update
After 3 days unsucessful phoning MA/FPC office I was expplained by some secretary that none of MA is allowed to talk about this and I should use my lawyer to contact them. Which is in process right now...

lawyer? why did it come to this :(

MindArk does not lock accounts for no reason. An internal investigation is currently being processed and the involved parties have been informed of this. When the investigation is closed, the involved parties will be notified.

:(:(:(

We believe you don't just outright lock for no reason.

We undertand when there is something questionable,by all means investigate.

However, when such large sums of money are involved, it only highlights the need for a better way of handling these sort of issues.

Suggestion,

1. IMMEDIATELY notify account holder. Waiting for them to contact you, and risking it's at night or on the weekends isn't service equal to investment.

2. IF you feel a lock is warranted, lock only implicated items/peds. To freeze entire account can have far reaching consequences, and IF the person is innocent of intentionally cheating the system, completely UNFAIR.

3. This is a very important topic that should have some open discussion (not incident related) since it's a RCE and MA want, and people do, invest large amounts of money.

Thanks for your post, and hope to see more.

Personaly I hardly find reason "internal investigation" normal. You should explained to me why you locked me. And i dont need to play private investigator or find out from forums real reason why i was locked.
It wasnt so hard to explain - you got items from peoples who are under internal investigation.
Ofcourse would be 100x better if you will publish list of such peoples and not letting them freely roaming around, causing peoples who arnt involved in all this, locked. Specialy for so long time. I was mining hard whole summer to gather some extra money for studies, what you recomend me to do now? Go and pay with support case about internal investigation? :confused:

Personaly I hardly find reason "internal investigation" normal. You should explained to me why you locked me. And i dont need to play private investigator or find out from forums real reason why i was locked.
It wasnt so hard to explain - you got items from peoples who are under internal investigation.
Ofcourse would be 100x better if you will publish list of such peoples and not letting them freely roaming around, causing peoples who arnt involved in all this, locked. Specialy for so long time. I was mining hard whole summer to gather some extra money for studies, what you recomend me to do now? Go and pay with support case about internal investigation? :confused:

maybe u should of explained how u got that mod fap and mod merc and shadow armour and wat ever else u got and the my freind borrowed it off me long ago and wanted to give it back with a big thx and srry it took so long to give back answer smells like bs

Back