Amazon takes CryEngine to the lumberyard

I was thinking about whether it could be used to create an EU planet as well but from what I understand the license agreement says that any content must only read/write data to AWS servers and no other.

So i guess this rules out using this software to develop an EU planet unless MA make the switch to using amazon servers... Or unless MA are already using service?

Still really cool to be able to look at software like this to get a free for it. Might see some interesting developments in the future.

57.4 Operating Restrictions. Without our prior written consent, (a) the Lumberyard Materials (including any permitted modifications and derivatives) may only be run on computer equipment owned and operated by you or your End Users, or on AWS Services, and may not be run on any Alternate Web Service and (b) your Lumberyard Project may not read data from or write data to any Alternate Web Service. “Alternate Web Service” means any non-AWS web service that is similar to or can act as a replacement for the services listed at docs.aws.amazon.com/console/lumberyard/userguide/alternate-web-services .

Looks like MA can use lumberyard, since I believe they run their own servers since they own / operate them.

They just can't use other providers offering "cloud services", such as MS Azure, etc.

57.4 Operating Restrictions. Without our prior written consent, (a) the Lumberyard Materials (including any permitted modifications and derivatives) may only be run on computer equipment owned and operated by you or your End Users, or on AWS Services, and may not be run on any Alternate Web Service and (b) your Lumberyard Project may not read data from or write data to any Alternate Web Service. “Alternate Web Service” means any non-AWS web service that is similar to or can act as a replacement for the services listed at docs.aws.amazon.com/console/lumberyard/userguide/alternate-web-services .

Looks like MA can use lumberyard, since I believe they run their own servers since they own / operate them.

They just can't use other providers offering "cloud services", such as MS Azure, etc.

Thank you for clarifying this. Yes I think you are right then, that is very interesting indeed...

A few years back there was some talk of creating a player built planet but it didn't progress much, this would have been useful at the time :).

I am sure you have heard of such things as Kindle, Amazon Fire, Fire TV, etc.... as well as Amazon Video, all stuff powered by their farms....

Actually only Kindle. Never hear a word about the other things.

(assuming you are not being facetious)

Nope, content is king which takes creativity and execution, neither are MA strong points. EU would be the same, just with less bugs...

ofc it was facetious

PS. (off topic) Why your signature design remind me mustard brand btw? :laugh:

Anyone saw the terms and conditions?

57.10 Acceptable Use; Safety-Critical Systems. Your use of the Lumberyard Materials must comply with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy. The Lumberyard Materials are not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems, such as use in operation of medical equipment, automated transportation systems, autonomous vehicles, aircraft or air traffic control, nuclear facilities, manned spacecraft, or military use in connection with live combat. However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a widespread viral infection transmitted via bites or contact with bodily fluids that causes human corpses to reanimate and seek to consume living human flesh, blood, brain or nerve tissue and is likely to result in the fall of organized civilization.

Maybe they know something we don't?

Anyway already downloaded the engine + all the other extras + docs they offer so I can play around with it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back