Amethera PvP ?

Rake

Provider
Society
Freelancer
MadHarry Harry InTheSoup
I have not been to Amethera for a while , but now it seems everywhere I go is Pvp, is that correct or is it a bug ? cheers

I have not been to Amethera for a while , but now it seems everywhere I go is Pvp, is that correct or is it a bug ? cheers

I thought it was a bug they were trying to fix..there were VU notes some time ago. Does anyone remember?

Yeah it's in the "Entropia Universe 11.8.3 Release Notes"

I guess they just gave up and left it PvP :laugh:

All works for me as intended: whole Amethera always was PvP, except TP's, cities and LA's with PvP off by owners.
P.S. Actually long time ago PvP was even at revivals, but MA change that in 2005 I think.

Yeah it's in the "Entropia Universe 11.8.3 Release Notes"

I guess they just gave up and left it PvP :laugh:

2 months... a long time for even Mindark to fix !!!!

So is it actually PvP or is that the indicator says it is but it isn't really ?

All works for me as intended: whole Amethera always was PvP, except TP's, cities and LA's with PvP off by owners.
P.S. Actually long time ago PvP was even at revivals, but MA change that in 2005 I think.

yea :yup:.....

~Well I do not think it has been mainly PvP until the new update, I spent a lot of time their hunting and mining over past 2 years.
release note https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...208247-Entropia-Universe-11.8.0-Release-Notes

Known Issues

All Amethera is currently a PvP zone. We are working on solving this issue.

seems they know it is a bug , which it is as I am not hunting or mining there until fixed...seesm they will lose some $$s and also the Land Owners will not get the income they used to,:scratch2:

2 months... a long time for even Mindark to fix !!!!

So is it actually PvP or is that the indicator says it is but it isn't really ?

Green=no pvp
yellow= area is NEAR pvp
red=pvp

Most LA owners have switched to no pvp, so you will have always a yellow light on Amethera, except a few with red, that are really pvp.

Green=no pvp
yellow= area is NEAR pvp
red=pvp
This change was and still is pretty scary at times just need to get used to one red=normal pvp two red=lootable pvp and yellow near, but for me all Amethera works as it should in this VU

This change was and still is pretty scary at times just need to get used to one red=normal pvp two red=lootable pvp and yellow near, but for me all Amethera works as it should in this VU

I don't step in to lootable pvp :)
But you are right it is scary like it is atm. If I remember right *red* shows lootable a while ago and yellow "normal" pvp? Not sure about, I am not a pvp guy.

Green=no pvp
yellow= area is NEAR pvp
red=pvp

Most LA owners have switched to no pvp, so you will have always a yellow light on Amethera, except a few with red, that are really pvp.

So my paranoia is unjustified !!!...good.
So why do they not amend the warning light to only flash when you are very near a PvP ? or is it that in Amethera they everyone to be constantly trigger happy.:yay:

So my paranoia is unjustified !!!...good.
So why do they not amend the warning light to only flash when you are very near a PvP ? or is it that in Amethera they everyone to be constantly trigger happy.:yay:

The reason is, that "they" have messed up pvp On Amethera a few VUs ago. As "workaround" LA owners are able to switch their LAs to non-pvp with Landmanagement console.

So you are always "near" pvp and you are having yellow all around Amethera, except the real pvp areas with red warning.

So...wait. When in PvP red areas of Amethera...is it lootable or not?

currently with the new HuD

All pvp shows as red, lootable will have a second red indictator (the Biohazard one)

All of Amethera is and always has been pvp, but NOT lootable.

Only lootable zones on Calypso are PVP3 and 4, both clearly defined areas, one for each continent. and simple way to avoid lootable. DONT BUY ANTI-TOXIC SHOT.

you cannot enter a lootable zone without it. and most people are tame in the pvp amethera anyway, unless they in bad mood or pricks.

Hope that clears it up for you =)

currently with the new HuD

All pvp shows as red, lootable will have a second red indictator (the Biohazard one)

All of Amethera is and always has been pvp, but NOT lootable.

Only lootable zones on Calypso are PVP3 and 4, both clearly defined areas, one for each continent. and simple way to avoid lootable. DONT BUY ANTI-TOXIC SHOT.

you cannot enter a lootable zone without it. and most people are tame in the pvp amethera anyway, unless they in bad mood or pricks.

Hope that clears it up for you =)

That's what I thought but just wanted to be sure. Thank you. +rep

yea you'll be fine, just dont leave your vehicles outside at storage, I usually come back to find them burning hulks...:scratch2:

Back