FYI: Amps work even they have run out of TT

Status

Chiee

Stalker
Society
Drop Zone
Toni Chiee Lahderinne
Heya

We noticed about bug that L amps and atleast A103 works even they dont have TT left.
it gives you the typical yellow (system) warning messages as it gets close to breaking.
Then the warning messages stop coming but the gun still works.

Support case also sent.

I sent a support case to MA about this 2019-02-21. In bug reports section. They replied with a copy and paste reply. Then came the VU and they didn't even bother to fix this shit. Then I sent another support case, they not even replied.

That'd be a disaster in 1.0 but in 2.0 it's just less shrap (assuming cost is tallied correctly it just improves bottomline dpp).

That'd be a disaster in 1.0 but in 2.0 it's just less shrap (assuming cost is tallied correctly it just improves bottomline dpp).

Biggest problem is, people who hunt semi-afk may not notice the yellow msg, and continue to hunt even though their amp is broken and needs to be repaired. Then they risk getting locked for unintentionally abusing a bug.

I've sent a support case message as well. It seems that I'll get the typical warning message about needing to repair my amp (A103). Then, the yellow warning messages stopped coming but I was still using my gun. Normally you can't use your gun anymore once the amp has broken. At first I thought it was possibly a change from the new update that allowed you to use guns with broken attachments as I also noticed that (L) items are allowed to decay to 0.00 ped now. I checked the item info on my gun (ArMatrix LP-45) and the stats still showed as being enhanced by an amp. The damage points I was getting on mobs were indicative of having an amp as well.

I removed the amp and it's value was 0.00 ped. When I put the (still broken) amp back on the gun and tried to use it again, I got the normal yellow message stating that the item was damaged and cannot be used.

I repaired my amp and tried it again. The bug (exploit?) was still happening. I could use my gun with amp even after the amp has fully decayed. It's only when you detach it and re-attach it does it give you the error message. So theoretically, you could still continue to benefit from an amp's enhancement even if it's broken as long as you don't remove it.

This is what I'm noticing with my particular equipment. (ArMatrix LP-45 + Omegaton A103). Don't know about any other combinations of tools/weapons/amps.

I think I got the exact same behaviour with a 1210 CDF Weapon and a A104 amp, with the Armatrix BC-45 and the Beast AMP it stopped when amp was broken.

Seams not all amps/weapons are bugged.

I think I got the exact same behaviour with a 1210 CDF Weapon and a A104 amp, with the Armatrix BC-45 and the Beast AMP it stopped when amp was broken.

Seams not all amps/weapons are bugged.
That is strange, a few days ago I went to test if Beast amp was bugged, and it was (but I use UL weapon) maybe (L) weapons with UL amps isn't bugged?
Also dante same thing, continues to function after its broken. Obviously one needs to be alert for the yellow message you get when amp is close to breaking, otherwise you may risk getting locked since amp will continue to function.

This is a known issue

Mindark is aware of this issue, and it will be addressed shortly. Caution should be used in intentionally taking advantage of such issues.

Regards,

LiveSupport-Apollo

Mindark is aware of this issue, and it will be addressed shortly. Caution should be used in intentionally taking advantage of such issues.

Regards,

LiveSupport-Apollo

intentionally using this sounds like a lot of interpretation of you guys. when semi afk hunting i wouldnt notice it. it might be intentional or not. there is no way of knowing. if you want to ban people for "intentionally" using this then this seems gamebreaking and you should shut down the servers and fix it instead of banning people for "intentionally" using your mistakes.

intentionally using this sounds like a lot of interpretation of you guys. when semi afk hunting i wouldnt notice it. it might be intentional or not. there is no way of knowing. if you want to ban people for "intentionally" using this then this seems gamebreaking and you should shut down the servers and fix it instead of banning people for "intentionally" using your mistakes.

^^ this..... +rep

Regards,

LiveSupport-Apollo

Great to hear that you guys are now aware of it. However why does one need to make a forum post about it to get you guys to notice? When I made a support case about this over 3 days ago, and only got a copy and paste reply.
Also you guys have no idea how easy it is to miss this bug. Because of the constant messages we have on chat, this mere yellow message can easily be lost in the mess. I do hope you guys don't ban others who didn't intentional abuse this bug.

While of course there are no telepaths knowing others' intentions... repairing your amps for the smallest possible value could be a red flag, for example.

Bug with broken amp

Hello,
was hunting feffoid earlier and got notice my amp was going to break. Kept hunting for a while and realized it should have broken by then; looked at the TT value of amp and was 0.00 but still giving dmg/efficiency boost. Have unequipped since but should be looked at.

Cleetus

People were streaming this on Twitch on the first day of VU.
I tried to verify the rumor with MF amps and it does not work, didn't dare try with the mod evil though.
I imagine they have some really easy flags set up to pick out this behavior, totally not worth messing with.

Especially when the lack of decay behind the shot wont matter much anyhow now. We are decay based returns not damage based now,your base loot in theory should already have been modified to reflect that.

maybe it's intentional. edit: my bad i didn't see MA respond there.

ever think about how dumb it is that your gun breaks when your amp is used up? it should keep working and the effect of the amp should be simply not working. theres a time of yellow notices. like maybe its a feature not a bug lol???

and if people are gonna get banned for running the exploit as payment for beta testing when it should be pizza ffs thats like taking away the toilet and then rubbing your nose in it when the diaper overflows. waaaaaaaaaaaaa

since when does the phone company call you up to check their services?

Last edited:
False. My UL AMP (DANTE and BEAST, dunno about other UL amps) still continues to function after 0.00 TT!!!! You guys fixed nothing. I saw this message that you guys fixed it, but when my amp reached 0.00 TT I was expecting it to stop working, but NOPE, STILL FREAKING WORKS, only when unequipping the amp will it stop it from being equipped again until repaired....
ARGH. :mad::mad::mad:
  • Fixed an issue where you were able to keep using your weapon with broken attachments, while being unable to deal any damage.
!
False not fixed! Why say that it's fixed when it's not?
Before this VU it didnt work that way either, you could still deal full damage as if your amp was fully repaired.
It was a great VU overall but damn, this pisses me off.

Last edited:
add Overcharged 105 at 0.00TT still working amps list

Adding this to the list, if thread owner can update it so MA can see, as far as we know atm, it affects a103 amp, beast, dante and overcharged a105 (most likely all a105). I do believe though it affects all unlimited amps, but I can't confirm it, since I don't have other amps.

Edit:
Third support case about this during three different times = another copy and paste reply!!

Hi The,

Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Why bother? I wonder.

Last edited:
I would very much appreciate if MA/Dennis can confirm that they've seen that this bug is not fixed (check the two posts above) so it can be fixed in next patch or maintenance.
It's very stressful to hunt with UNLIMITED amp when you risk getting locked for not paying attention to one yellow message when hunting semi-afk.

So I'm gonna bump this thread every day until that happens.

this is also true for the extender P20, i had one equipped yesterday, it was 0TT, and my gun still worked. I had to right click to target but it still worked

this is also true for the extender P20, i had one equipped yesterday, it was 0TT, and my gun still worked. I had to right click to target but it still worked

Does this mean it absorbs 20% of your weapon decay for free? Basically you only pay 80% of weapon decay?
No wonder loot been sucking lately.

Thank you for reporting by the way.

Same thing with imp A105, only worked with L weapon.

I´ve reported the same bug one week ago.
I always use mayhem (L) amps and its VERY hard to miss the info coming up in chat about that the amp is dying.

I wasn't hunting, but mining.

Level 13 amp, at 240 peds value, stopped working. I also never got a warning about amps breaking (though others did). So now I have a level 13 mining amp that won't allow me to mount it.

Problem is, your amp is broken and you "exploit" because you don't pay much attention > this is total fucked. Another problem is some do it intentionally ...what a mess.

Last edited:
Already posted here.
Amps work even they have run out of TT

I've gotten a reply about this matter from support.

Hi The,

Thank you for your support case.

"I would very much appreciate if you guys can confirm that you are aware that the bug isn't fixed"

We kindly refer you to the release notes, these will always be updated, if we've stated something is coming in the coming release/patch and it isn't in the notes it has been delayed for one or another reason.

"and that it will be truly fixed in next patch/maintenance window."

It will be fixed as soon as possible.

"You must know how frustrating, and stressful it is to hunt when your amp continues to function after 0.00 TT."

We fully understand, we do however refer you to our EULA for information on how we handle situations like this, but to put it simply to ease your mind, a mistake or an accident in regards to a bug is far from purposely abusing it.

We hope you understand the distinction and we apologize that we cannot give you a more definite answer than that at this time.

"I would very much appreciate you guys read all that I've said in this support case and my post, and not give me a copy and paste reply."

We always read the entire support case.

If a question has a set answer, that is the answer the set question will receive at all times no matter when or to whom it is asked.

Even in those cases we always modify the answer to fit the case in question.

So please kindly understand that it depends on your question.

Take care and best of luck.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support
FYI: I only got a non copy and paste answer (after 2 other support cases on bug report) when I made a support question in the category "Other in-world questions."

Apparently they have routine copy and paste answers no matter who/what is written, when it suits a specific question, i.e for bugs you get default thanks for reporting bug message etc.
It matters greatly what category you make your support question and what type of questions you ask. I will take care on that from now, so I'll hopefully get better responses and thus less frustration in the future.

Last edited:
No wonder loot been sucking lately.

Dont think its working that way. The system calculating that you make X decayand wont count the amp. So MA is losing some money not us.

Last edited:
Dont think its working that way. The system calculating that you make X decayand wont count the amp. So MA is losing some money not us.

Well, doubt MA losing that much, otherwise they'd fixed it already, it costs less to kill thus less loot u get it evens out. I guess.

As for loot sucking lately... I guess it was because of the 417,614 PED ATH that was building up... :ahh:

Status
Back