An ideea on how to boost the overall activity

Amenophis

Dominant
Society
ROUA
Junona Amenophis Hera
What if MA introduced a new item series ? The replicator. An L item with weapon, tools and attachments flavors with a decent maximum tt to be looted from animals, crafting and mining, that would allow duplication of any item in its category according to its tt and the tt of the duplicated item . The replicator would be consumed accordingly in the process. Such an item with a symbolic drop rate would certainly revive the activity and, when placed in the right drop tables, be a real balancing leverage for MA and its partners.

thats cool. i myself was thinking of how something/items could be "recycled" down to their parts/matts/etc

Plain wrong.

They just need to put -old- items back in loot and all is good.

Is it really that simple? Truth is, yes.

Fuck vehicles, fuck medusa, fuck planets. Give us every old item back in loot and they would be pretty amazed what would happen. Of course it would screw some people for "investing" in markups (rofl to that bs scenario) but it would without any fucking doubt increase the turnover in the game.

And I know I am fucking right.

Plain wrong.

Fuck vehicles, fuck medusa, fuck planets. Give us every old item back in loot and they would be pretty amazed what would happen. Of course it would screw some people for "investing" in markups (rofl to that bs scenario) but it would without any fucking doubt increase the turnover in the game.

i hope that includes the tribal drum graphic (trollolololol)

if a replicator was intoduced the mark up on some items would crash imagine a world where when you loot a lr59 or something with good mark up now would have shit mark up then. and if the mark up drops on many items then less people would profit and many more people would lose more money and more people would leave because there wouldn't be a snowballs chance in hell of profit for the average joe

my 2 pec.

,sidxx

more people would leave because there wouldn't be a snowballs chance in hell of profit for the average joe

kind of like sweat,.. sorry couldn't resist.:tongue2:

more people would leave because there wouldn't be a snowballs chance in hell of profit for the average joe

kind of like sweat,.. sorry couldn't resist.:tongue2:

exactly like sweat, the game is completely saturated with the stuff its become nearly worthless. now apply that example to all looted items and all crafted items. would you like to play after that? true the cost to play would go down but after a poor run you wouldnt be able to make up the difference with mark up because there wouldnt be any lol

I'm not convinced. Back in the day it was actually possible to reach lvl 100. Today, I suspect it'd cost you more million USD than a normal person makes in a lifetime to even buy such skills (and to spell the out the obvious, MA's/EU's economy is so upside-down that it's cheaper to buy the skills than gaining them naturally).

From my (granted, limited) understanding you could put 10,000 MM's into loot, and the MM would still be a loss-leader for 95%+ of the customers due to them not being at (and never will reach) lvl 100, compared to the SIB items they can use. The only thing this would do would be to lower the perceived value of MM's.

As I see it, Mindfuck arked all following customers over with the skill-nerf(s), and everyone after nerf is... well, bent over, without even K-Y. Enjoy, Jan!

I'm not convinced. Back in the day it was actually possible to reach lvl 100. Today, I suspect it'd cost you more million USD than a normal person makes in a lifetime to even buy such skills (and to spell the out the obvious, MA's/EU's economy is so upside-down that it's cheaper to buy the skills than gaining them naturally).

From my (granted, limited) understanding you could put 10,000 MM's into loot, and the MM would still be a loss-leader for 95%+ of the customers due to them not being at (and never will reach) lvl 100, compared to the SIB items they can use. The only thing this would do would be to lower the perceived value of MM's.

As I see it, Mindfuck arked all following customers over with the skill-nerf(s), and everyone after nerf is... well, bent over, without even K-Y. Enjoy, Jan!

There is more old items than MM.

What options do you have as let's say lvl 80 laser "rifle" to use when you don't want a) to use (L) because of sucky market or b) don't want to sacrifice your car/house/whatever on a UL gun that go -some good- use? Answer is simple, none. The good ones are costly, because they are good, lol and so on. Armors the situation is even worse. Want to use Martial L as a regular armor? rofl to that.

Ever thought maybe that loot was better back then, -because- not everyone could hunt "eco"?

I don't care what items will do to inflated markups.

I am talking about increasing turnover. Personally if I would be able to loot my next gear -reasonably- I would be back to hunting every day for a couple of hours and depositing every week like I used to. Hunting is fucking boring, animal oils just don't get me excited anymore, simple as that, therefore no turnover from me. And seeing how FL looks for the last year, I am not the only one not even loging on for days, weeks or even month(s).

What if MA introduced a new item series ? The replicator. An L item with weapon, tools and attachments flavors with a decent maximum tt to be looted from animals, crafting and mining, that would allow duplication of any item in its category according to its tt and the tt of the duplicated item . The replicator would be consumed accordingly in the process. Such an item with a symbolic drop rate would certainly revive the activity and, when placed in the right drop tables, be a real balancing leverage for MA and its partners.

how bout instead of this nonsense they just made the game not cost 10x as much as every other mmorpg in the entire world? bet that would increase activity.

how bout instead of this nonsense they just made the game not cost 10x as much as every other mmorpg in the entire world? bet that would increase activity.

Mindark is one of the Seven Deadly Sins and Greed is another one, i guess there is some sort of similarity here, cant quite put my finger on it here guys someone help me out a little :umn:

to increase activity i think its a simple solution. make a 20 to 50 dollar depo last longer. people would be alot happier. also more useful things to loot and skill up for would be nice.

kosmos

Plain wrong.

Yes, I miss the days of every item being UL - and being lootable. My BEST loot was in 2004... an ML35 and Strikehammer in a single uber. I haven't looted ANYTHING of value since then, except a few L items with high MU (like uber armor parts), but it still doesn't cover losses. And its not fun seeing oils and skins over and over again.

And the game is becoming more and more expensive because UL items are way too inflated, and L items are constantly manipulated in the auction.

Make EU back into PE (Project Entropia for you newbs lol), but with the good content that we see now (like vehicles, better MF, etc).

Some considerations you might take into account :
1) The tt returns can't and won't be higher as long as the tt input will not increase.
2) The UL items are not going to be put back in the loot as they have a tendency of draining the lootpool once maxed.
3) It's been a while since the standard profits have been coming from MU only, and also a while since that average MU started falling out of market saturation. It's ok to see the average L dps getting its MU dragged down by supply and demand, but leaving the MU to rely solely on ESI's and several uber L's is killing both mid and high end players .

Only a high MU will move the activity . What would you pay for a mod fap L ? How hard would you try to loot something allowing you to duplicate a mod fap or a MM ? Let me speculate this would have a much higher impact on activity than anything else likely to be implemented in the near future by a company eager for higher turnovers.

PS: looting an UL will not save your budgets in the mid and long run unless it's an uber item, the looted tt with MU will. And that L will always be there to be looted as that is its main reason to exist.

Last edited:
I just wish that one day MA will take actions and fix this broken RCE game, old loot system would increase the activity by 1000%, and I am sure even if we got paid out more of the loots, as in way higher tt% return, (higher than the magic "90%", which is more like 30%) more ppl would play and they would still get the same income... it's about making the players happy, can't ma understand that?

The actual problem is this:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nd-FPC-make-their-money&p=2601908#post2601908

MA is in a vicious circle for a very longtime already. They use more money then the direct payments from customers to them are worth. That's why they have to balance in such a way that the vast majority of the playerbase belong to the (BIG) losers.
Old-time items; a no go, to eco. Rather have more people buy overpriced Rutuba (L) then looting more Shadow (unL).
More (L) items in loot; a no go, drain of income. People will deposit less to buy a new (L) armor set since prices are lower. Same for guns of course.
Better loot; a no go, people deposit less.

On the other hand however they try to increase the playerbase but fail again and again. To many new players drop out fast as soon as they find out about the real cost for their entertainment.

So MA needs to squeeze their money from a rather small playerbase which cannot be rewarded with what it deserves:
Better loot.
Better item drops.

Imagine a cost reduction 10x , creating an activity boost of 1000x.
A win-win :cool:

Some kind of replicator exist ...
New planets, more items, more LA to sell...

Yeah ... a replicator of "availability". What this is doing, is spreading the lootpool over even more land, the ped vacuum cleaner got a few extra watts power now. But what about the motivation ? I believe that's the most important factor in making the wheels spin faster. It's been all about spending more hours online or trying to outrun the competition during the right timeslots for too long. What if the timeslots got completely messed up by the continuous hunt for a consumable item that would pay for 100 runs in market price ? Wouldn't then be a bigger rush to get it ? As far as it goes now, it's all about avoiding the bad hours ( when the vacuum cleaner is at maximum power ).

Back