Ancient Greece Shares

Further to this for readers with a 'passing interest' in the future of Ancient Greece shares:
I still haven't seen a list of actual reuirements to get the blasted crafting mission chain done, but it is still apparently pretty(very?) costly in tt terms at higher levels when making temple pillars and fountains and whatnot, even if the mus will now come down drastically. AND, unlike hunting and mining, the loots have got nowhere to go except stuck in these structures that people can only put down on the six estates that were sold (unless a medium plot and above on Caly etc can maybe fit in the ornamental fountain (quite big)) - or a pillar or two as a joke on a small plot? This means that while the other two missions may not cost too much (assuming 90%) returns, the crafting will cost quite a bit in 'withheld mats'.

Anyway, it makes it look like the next stage of the 'trap' - people who will want to do the shade missions now that it is 'cheaper', without realising how expensive it actually still is! If anyone wishes to publicise details, please do...

On the up side, it means that even the new flood of quartz crystals and onyx may still command a reasonable mu in comparison to the amount dropped, so potentially my comment about the 'room for only one player' on certain mobs is now obsolete, meaning actually an improvement of sorts. However, I'd still feel this is based on a fallacy (of suckers like myself still slowly doing the gorgon missions), considering that the shade can now be spawned as many times as any people who have finished the mission desire, without further costs except 20k sweat.

This means that the value of holding this ability is also dropping dropping dropping. Maybe there should be a convention that anybody entering a shade spawn should ask in chat who spawned it and hand over at least 2k sweat (or equivalent) depending on firepower level. I guess I'd be at 5 peds per entry or so.. hm - that might be a fairish contribution system moving forward... even if only 10 people enter an event. Another suggestion is on another thread about a percentage of whatever fang value players get, but that is more random...

AND apparently there will be more changes made again in September. If anyone has the text of what the dev wrote in local chat a couple of days ago at the 'test' event, it'd be nice to know here too...

maybe the loot pool always plays crazy when it is changed, but the behaviour is already different from a few days ago. Now, with about half a dozen people on one mob, the new loot wave - yes loot wave is still a thing ffs - lasted a whopping 4 mins before the quartz ran out and the loot went to backup of poor oils etc. So, we are indeed back to the problem of turnover being a waste of time 90% of the time on desired mobs - and ppl know that and cut back to just poking them a bit to see when the loot is refreshed...
On the up side, the good minutes are worth a fair amount on auction at the moment, so some players may take the rough with the smoothe and generate turnover, others may just sit and wait for the mu loots and suck them dry now and again.
Thus, planetary economics are still far from fixed it would seem - while we await the next pec of payout the gorgon runs are still popular, but guess what? The armour drops on the first "few" mobs (several in 10-15 mins or so), then goes quiet. If the quartz is taking a break then not even that loots. Crazy, eh?

When I first went to AG and started working on the crafting quests, I saw this Quartz ransome happening and decided to find out where these sellers got their Quartz. I was trying do the Crafting quests and I was not about to pay the exorbitant amount to complete it. It took me quite a while to find out. Quartz Crystals used to drop on Next Island. They dropped from Petit Grey Papoo. When Secret Island was removed from Next Island and placed on Rocktropia the Petit Grey Papoo dissapeared. The refernce to their location on Next Island that no longer exists is still on the wiki.. That is the location where secret Island used to be, The Petit Grey Papoo were not transfered to Secret Island and thus there was no more Quartz except for what people had in their storage. As normal for an RCE game the people who had some charged a hefty ransome. BPs I believe from the previous posts droped quarts during the construction of the blocks, and they kept the prices up. I spent so much time killing papoos and searching on secret Island it' not funny. Hey sometimes things drive you to discover other things so Im not bitching about it. But that said.. How stupid can a game developer be to not check and see where the materials are supposed to come from to drive a new release. My head hurts from smashing beer cans on my forehead! Alas this is not what brought me here. I just got back from AG to check things out and all of the Boss Avatars are gone! Pain. War the Drakes in the lake .. WTF?? Lets hype this in our new release then remove it with no mention of it in the release notes. Another round of beers please! It was worse before the aluminum can was invented. There are no more real men! If I am right about Quartz not dropping in the wild then it's was just another BP material monopoly. It was nice to see the price drop but I'm not really stoked about AG anymore.

Petit Grey Papoo can still be found on Secret Island.

index.php

AG shares paid out another 1 pec per share, yes - total now 8 pecs I believe. The lack of quartz problem is no longer current as it drops a chunk every wave, but this massively obvious return of waves is then the next really stupid situation we are in.
Meanwhile, indeed, still no sign of various other mats for crafting, such as tanzanite for the strider or boar tusks for whatever... There's virtually no point in mentioning it, though, is there? I mean, how bleedin' obvious does it have to be that devs should check mats are dropping for them to actually do so and do something about it?
On the gorgons, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the armour drops. You see, they normally drop within a few mins of the event starting. On the one hand, the person who actually paid the 10k sweat might get a piece or two before any 'leechers' come in for free, but it probably makes doing anything more than stage one useless - can't see anyone bothering to get as far as the boss really, so let the event timeout again after just a few mins of shooting? Oh, did I mention the quartz wave? Maybe time your run for that too I guess! It's effing stooopid to have people NOT active 80% of the time just waiting for sh*t - it's not like the place is crowded or anything! Arggghhh!

Reactions: San
- it's not like the place is crowded or anything! Arggghhh!

On the crowded portion of this... not sure it's doable with Mindark being Mindark and all that, but if lack of Avatars is part of the problem, why not have Ancient Greece or at least Next Island and Secret Island 'relinked' so to speak. At one time they were a part of one another. Loot over there still drops and vice versa... How about having Planet Partners at Next Island and Rocktropia urge Mindark to relink the Secret Island and Next Island via a two way TP. If folks can travel from one to the other more freely, it might increase population on both. Secret Island still requires bananas to get to and from RT... and there seems to be quite a few folks on both Next Island/Greece and Secret Island at any given time... so why not relink the two again?

So, today's failure rant should be prefaced by the note that somebody appears to have bought a few shares again, but we are still on something like 660k out of 750k left to buy...
I dunno if this next point is fully fair or not, but it's about the psychological effect on someone on NI/AG (me) from the framework of the flowers mission. It's a free mission to find 50 'notoriously hard to find' flowers: reward unknown! Should it thus be considered in any way alongside the economics and turnover of NI/AG, as it's free? My answer is that it is having an effect on me, so yes!
Looking for the flowers takes time away from shooting bobs and generating turnover, but I'm somewhat of a stubborn person at times, so given that I hate the 'waves' and that I increasingly lack the will to take part in any hunting at all with it so dominant (psychology), I am even more 'pushed' towards thinking sod it and just spending time spending almost no peds...
(edit: sorry to any bobs out there - I did of course mean mobs.. ;) )
The flowers, as is now apparent, disappear for a long respawn time whenever someone picks one up. They stay in the same place, like harvestable trees, so can be farmed consistently if the respawn is not random enough to allow others to find a flower known by somebody else actively 'on it'.
Thus, you can search for ages and ages, find nothing, and not even know if you can cross off the area you have searched; any flowers may simply be invisible. I know mining and harvesting have similar mechanisms, but the mining respawn and number of trees make it a completely different kettle of fish in practise. The implementation of flowers is stupidity almost to the max! If you happen to search even hours after the last person with a set of waypoints has gone by, you stand no chance, zero, yes zero chance of even finding the bloody thing in that particular area. There may not even be 50 around the map, as you can regather known spots - if you get that chance in the first place.

This is activating my stubbornness to try and defeat this situation anyway! I am thus not generating turnover like I normally would, so sorry NI/AG - but it's your setup! I may do some unamped mining to map out resources I guess, but it's much lower turnover....
Attract almost no customers and be stupid to them when they are there - way to go!
Get a grip, please, for YOUR sakes, and for US ALL! (=success not failure)!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Turnover on Ancient greece is poor primaritly (in my opinion) because the gorgon wave spawn is twice as difficult as it should be.
1. The mobs are WAY too hard, you need to be an insanely high level and own armor thats even better than perfected gorgon so you dont die over and over again. The mobs have big HP and hit super hard.
2. The maturity of the wave mobs ramps up way too quickly. I think it should be as follows,

Wave 1: young/mature, wave 2: mature/old, wave 3: old/provider, wave 4: provider dominant, wave 5: dominant/alpha/old alpha.

3. Drop rate of Fangs is WAY too low. I was there and cycled 10s of thousands of ped and didnt even get 1 fang drop!! Just to get augmented armor(not the best set) you need 56 adjusted fangs, 28 improved fangs, 14 modified fangs AND 7 augmented fangs!!.

These are just to name a few. I gave it a good try with positive intentions and its driven me away from AG....im back on caly. I had previously decided to spend ages there but no point seeimg as the task is insurmountable.

Only 1 way you could ever acheive this is being a multi millionair IRL with no job or family and be able to dedicate 18 hours a day to the spawn for years.

Only 1 way you could ever acheive this is being a multi millionair IRL with no job or family and be able to dedicate 18 hours a day to the spawn for years.

Just because some things are there it doesn't mean anyone should get them.There is a reason why there are multiple levels of gorgon armor to be grabbed.Its a reason why in your first monthly payment you don't buy a rolls royce or a rolex.
Balance ingame must be preserved at all costs.
Be careful what you are wishing for , most of the time there are severe consequences for anything you demand.

Just because some things are there it doesn't mean anyone should get them.There is a reason why there are multiple levels of gorgon armor to be grabbed.Its a reason why in your first monthly payment you don't buy a rolls royce or a rolex.
Be careful what you are wishing for , most of the time there are severe consequences for anything you demand.

But we play for 2 weeks and depo $100 we deserve a 192,938 PED ATH swirly!!!

3. Drop rate of Fangs is WAY too low. I was there and cycled 10s of thousands of ped and didnt even get 1 fang drop!! Just to get augmented armor(not the best set) you need 56 adjusted fangs, 28 improved fangs, 14 modified fangs AND 7 augmented fangs!!.

These are just to name a few. I gave it a good try with positive intentions and its driven me away from AG....im back on caly. I had previously decided to spend ages there but no point seeimg as the task is insurmountable.

Do you mean anyone or everyone, as in "it doesn't mean everyone should [be able to] get them"? And where is the balance that you wish to have preserved? As pointed out, if cycling 10s of thousands of peds doesn't even get 1 fang drop (and we can see that people ARE having to cycle a great deal to get a couple), then almost everybody will consider this to be unviable. There is an exception, but will that person hold out? The example above was just to get an augmented set, not even the final perfected. To get that is over twice as hard!

But everyone should have some kind of opportunity, even if it isn't very likely. Back in the early gold days (hell, even around SGA), everyone had some kind of chance at finding good stuff regardless of level. That was part of the draw... knowing there was an opportunity, no matter how small. Almost everything now is somewhat locked behind "paywalls" so to speak.

In cases like this, you are required to spend innumerable hours and PEDs to even get one required part. How many years before we see a full, perfected set? It's an insane investment that pay never pay off for anyone.

But everyone should have some kind of opportunity, even if it isn't very likely. Back in the early gold days (hell, even around SGA), everyone had some kind of chance at finding good stuff regardless of level. That was part of the draw... knowing there was an opportunity, no matter how small. Almost everything now is somewhat locked behind "paywalls" so to speak.

In cases like this, you are required to spend innumerable hours and PEDs to even get one required part. How many years before we see a full, perfected set?

Just to noobs like me be able to correlate of the rarity of this Perfected Gorgon set, are the community maybe know how many similar high end set's are available in the game?
Like how many UL Supremacy, Mayhem, Sentinel, Perseus set exist?

That chance still exists today as you point out small but its there.Anyone can loot perfected fang.

In cases like this, you are required to spend innumerable hours and PEDs to even get one required part. How many years before we see a full, perfected set? It's an insane investment that pay never pay off for anyone.

Well if you already decided that the armor cost too much for your wallet then give up and leave other interested hunters to access this amazing set.It will cost you 0 peds to let go.
That being said all cards are laid on the table.You should collect the ones that fits your wallet/patience/expectation.Make your decision and put your money where your mouth is.

That chance still exists today as you point out small but its there.Anyone can loot perfected fang.
Well, not really, at least not perfected, as nobody appears to be managing that.
Maybe the update will once again increase drop rates, but we are currently at the stage where one hard-working person got over 20 gorgon parts in about 4 hours, but only 1 improved daud fang.

In other news, yes, there was another 1 pec payout to start the week with, but this is still pretty much zero incentive to buy shares compared to other available investments... Shares are selling in dribs and drabs and very approximately 100k out of 750k have sold so far.

MUs are still going up and down, although mostly down. The moment a second player steps in, the loot pool feels the strain and you can see the waves in all their magnificance again. I'll try and rephrase this yet again: what use is an economy that struggles to match even two players on the same mob?! :eek:

Bit of a mixed report today...
As many may know by now, there is an interplanetary boss event fairly regularly with Bonnie these days, and the NI/AG devs consented to be available for a large spawn of various beasties. Yesterday's event was pretty spectacular, I have to say, both in terms of how many people turned up with firepower and the variety the devs spawned at the chosen location.
A few things that remain unknown to me - and I assume to others too - is whether the turnover from a dev event counts towards share payouts and whether item drops are potentially blocked if devs spawn mobs specifically. As there was a payout of 1 pec last week, we can assume the 0.x decimal was lowish to start the week with, but the turnover must have been pretty impressive over the event time. I timed a gorgon being killed in under 20s, for example, and the mix of dauds, gorgons, shades, Zeus etc was pretty continuous. Also, I should say that although there was no word of anything dropping, and I expected medium losses, it actually turned out at 90%tt for me, despite sometimes getting back only a couple of pecs out of a ped shot.
Other news is the vu, which has brought new missions, both action chain and dailies. One of the dailies has given us a large selection of new clothing bps with 5 clicks per daily reward that use a wider variety of NI/AG mats then before, so that is also slowly looking up.
Tanzanite has now been sighted again, but afaik not the boar tusks(?) that are also a bp mat.
The flower mission does indeed now appear to be easier, but I dunno by how much - and I don't know the reward, but it's not a massive frustration right now at least (but it probably depends on how many people are trying it at the same time, a bit like the loot wave problem).

The vu also saw the introduction of upgradable armour plates, which may make the gorgons and NI mats take another step up in attractivity.

However, the vu messed up various buildings, which have gone invisible and make using them 'difficult'. Sometimes the NPCs can still be used if you know what to do. The devs have also put up some properties for sale - the stable, shops and homes. I decided to buy a shop at the Enchanted Village, despite it being invisible, in the apparent tradition of shops being bugged at times but not at others. Unfortunately, out of 100 slots in 3 areas, only 20 appear to be usable for me, but covering the whole area it seems. Hopefully a fix will be swift, as I can't imagine they will leave things as they are, and I hope I can access the items I have for sale dumped on the ground for now when the building reappears ;)!

There is also another thread about NI/AG shares now with seemingly exactly the same title... which also laments the high number of available shares and thus low returns per share even if AG picks up more over time. Maybe there will be a response and a 'readjustment' at some point...

Last edited:
Ok, another pec paid out = 10 pecs total.
Bad news: that's 10 pecs in 6 months - good news: the payout before this one was only 2 weeks ago.
Conclusion: we are no longer in abject failure territory, but given the higher rate of action on NI/AG in the last two weeks, it may also not be reasonable to expect great payouts moving on.
Share sales: reflects this - 'cough' - lots left!

On the NI site the devs recognise the problems with the buildings, say it is all part of the same problem and that they hoped a patch would come quickly by MA - maybe this Tuesday then, maybe not...

More info on higher rate of action: gorgon runs seem to be frequent to also get at the new armour plates, but no messages any more when a gorg part drops, so can only go on globals going past when online. People are also crafting lesser ely a lot more on NI next door to AG, so more people are around. AH is picking up slowly. Some mats still stuck it would appear, even for mats needed in bps...

I may as well use maintenance to maintain this: it was another payout week of 1 pec! This shows it IS possible to have week on week payouts, but I'm still not convinced. Activity appears to be slightly down. Please get drop tables and rates sorted already, for crying out loud - and get MA to include whatever building fix you have ready asap!

Maintenance maintaining this again as there was another 1 pec paid out. Activity on the ground (or rather on the waters of Daudville) has looked up again, so if it holds, we will at least see regular 1 pec payouts on the 100k shares that have sold so far. I guess that means the pp gets the rest of that income, currently having climbed to 5% or so per year based on the "arbitrary asking price evaluation".
The new lowered damage appears to be pleasing more people now that they don't die so often. It can also be noted that competition such as the underground and CP are paying out reasonably to well, so the players on NI/AG are not necessarily taking away turnover from those areas. Caly deeds are also doing fine.
Devs, please continue to fix the loot tables on mats that can be crafted with, and keep pushing MA to fix the buildings issue. Thank you!

Last edited:
OOh, I like that. I made a purchase of some of those shares there. Very good yes, to support the Entropia Universe, Planet Next Island, and Ancient Greece.

Oh very good yes, thank you

I was hoping that the AGS would be a moderate to good investment. I fear that I was wrong about that. The sales reflect that.
On the other hand, not all AMDs have been sold either - and those have been around for about 3 years now.

NI/AG could do a couple of things to make the sale of the AGSs more attractive:
1. Lower the total number available to 500k, fe.
2. Lower the price per share to 1/4th, fe. and give every share owner the option to get 3 more AGSs or get 3/4th of the price paid back.
3. Expand AG and create new content.

I don't want NI/AG, like I don't want any of the PPs to fail. But so far, my experience with them has been poor to say the least.

If getting around the solar system was easier NI might have more population. I know MA's hands are tied due to the MS investments. But it seems like there must be a solution. As it is, Caly has enough content to keep people entertained for years.

I bought some AG shares and went to NI to see why they not selling, after looking may I ask how long we are going to wait until it is so obvious they not going to sell and buyers get money back?

I experienced more stuck in terrain bugs, stuck at revive area bugs than i think i have encountered in EU in like 15 years of play on and off.

It was very dissapointing to see this after many years of so called development.

I love the concept of NI and AG but with basic things like this not resolved i don't think the shares will sell tbh.

I do hope that NI and AG succeed and gain traction, but without work i fear you and I will be stuck with shares that never sell.

What made you buy AG shares before visiting and changing your mind, if I may ask?

Isn't a huge thing for me tbh, not like k's of $. I had watched couple of streams who were on AG and looked ok so bought few shares. Of course on stream the areas were not seen, not streamers fault at all just was different area.

Just worries me when i visited how many bad bugs are still there after being way from game for 3 years ish. Although the new developments are promising, and may be better after failed VU goes through so guess wait and see.

I sincerely hope NI works out and is succesful, just they really need to address basic stuff like getting locked in land over and over, revives glitching etc. Was meant more a post of concern than a whine/bitch post.

Maybe is the building issue i read about that causing revive issues, is kinda like rubber banding (very odd).

Last edited:
Cannot wait til Monria Dev team buys Next Island too! :)

There are some invisible buildings right next to revives, so you glitch there right now trying to go through walls you cannot see. I glitch jumping off small cliffs too, but otherwise hardly at all. It is the pathetic balancing that gets me - some mats needed for bps are still not showing up despite months and various NI/AG updates having gone by. The gorgon events have improved quite a bit, however, and the new armour plates seem to be quite popular, which is probably why we are now on 1 pec a week payouts. Oh, and the asclerion pet. Still to come is a very nice drone that people stand on while flying it, but it's crazy that even a new item can't be got right for whatever reason and was not included last time despite vu notes announcing it...!

The dev team is kind of hyperactive. I like the gist of what they are doing, but they need to try out some of what they are doing on a real avatar to understand the game play which has clearly not been done. I used to see a lot of people doing the yellow papoo daily for example that gives a 2 ped TT pill. Then they decided to increase the creatures in the spawn about x5 more than they were before. Now no one is there and I get why no one wants to fight 20 papoo at one time. It is a very high agro mob so it becomes very unpleasant to have to try to always work at the edge of the spawn as not to be attacked by 20 creatures at once. Boar daily takes hours now to complete outside of the wave spawn. I used to do that every day, but now boar level 5 only spawn in a few spots. So have to do the wave to complete the daily and I don't enjoy the wave. Be grey level 3 and 4 papoo area they also way overstuffed with creatures. Have to work that edge of the spawn now too and not go in.

Another mixed bag update, but devs keeping their word is good, so the good is duly noted!

The AG shares are now sellable, as promised, which is a good bit! There are presumably just over 100k of 750k in "freefloat". Early sales have been at about 8.5-9 peds, with the original remaining shares still listed at 10 peds. Unless there are 'dealings', then I would imagine things will stay that way for a while... which is not so good, but ok.

My shop (and presumably other buildings) has(have) now been fixed, so ty!
I don't yet know about changes to drops and loot - we shall see...

Back