Ancient Greece Shares

GxB

Guardian
So... what is MA doing about this? i mean right now it would take maybe 1000 years for them to sell out and become tradeable so MA needs to do something here.
IMO they should give it a deadline (e.g. 1 year from now) and then either call it failed, buy all back for the starting price and forget about it or remove the remaining shares yet to be sold which means that the percentual share for those who bought would be higher, which might also increase sales, as each share would be a lot more valuable when they know that probably 80% of them get burned.

in case a IPO is undersubscribed below 90%, the shares are forfeited and the money is refunded. The taint of undersubscription can affect any company.

I bought a share to track returns. I'm sure the NI dev team isn't thrilled with the shares' performance thus far either.

Last edited:
LOL you guys, really need a real experience to hit you again and again.
Then you will understand what you should or should not invest $$$ on...
It's all about how much trust you put into this game here... nothing more nothing less.
If so much complains on AG shares, I wondered how the rest of the coming shares going to survive.

Sorry, if I am rude. I am just being straight-forward.

the problem isnt just cuz theyre AG shares.. the problem is they issued 50% too many and return 50% too little on them... I knew it day1. so heres what we have

for every ped earned its being divided amongst 750k shares instead of just 500k AND... they retained 50% of the income for themselves.. so to compare to lets say CP shares that are 1pedearned 95% payed out to 500kshares = 0.0000019 payout each share and for ag weve got 1ped earned 50% payed out to 750k shares = 0.00000067 payout per share..

lets put these numbers side by side...

for every ped earned...

cp = 0.0000019 per share
ag = 0.00000067 per share

as u can see cp shares perform approx 3x better

its curious to see how much ped actually needs to be cycled or earned even to generate 1pec return per share.. caly would struggle todo that

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem isnt just cuz theyre AG shares.. the problem is they issued 50% too many and return 50% too little on them... I knew it day1. so heres what we have

for every ped earned its being divided amongst 750k shares instead of just 500k AND... they retained 50% of the income for themselves.. so to compare to lets say CP shares that are 1pedearned 95% payed out to 500kshares = 0.0000019 payout each share and for ag weve got 1ped earned 50% payed out to 750k shares = 0.00000067 payout per share..

lets put these numbers side by side...

for every ped earned...

cp = 0.0000019 per share
ag = 0.00000067 per share

as u can see cp shares perform approx 3x better

its curious to see how much ped actually needs to be cycled or earned even to generate 1pec return per share.. caly would struggle todo that
As far as I know ancient greece isnt taxed and functions like calypso deeds

well my calculation assumed no tax.. if there is a tax then that could questionably come out of the payouts as well

oh i see where your going with that... CP is taxed 5%?

Things may change now that the Irons are gone. I own a few AG shares myself and am disappointed thus far for sure. But even AMDs haven't sold out yet, and they have a strong development team behind them.
:shots:

So... what is MA doing about this? i mean right now it would take maybe 1000 years for them to sell out and become tradeable so MA needs to do something here.
IMO they should give it a deadline (e.g. 1 year from now) and then either call it failed, buy all back for the starting price and forget about it or remove the remaining shares yet to be sold which means that the percentual share for those who bought would be higher, which might also increase sales, as each share would be a lot more valuable when they know that probably 80% of them get burned.

Why should they do anything about it?
Everything you needed to know was told, that is why no one buys it, it was clear to everybody it wont be sold.
You speculated / risked anyway to resell expensiver at later, write it off and move on.

since the new updates/add ons..lets see on how the ag shares will do

1) as stated upon release ..it was said..they will be tradeable after 6 months (it wasnt said that all had to be sold before)
2) the 50% AND the 750k shares amount ...as other ppl said....way too less% and wayy to much shares
3) dunno if some1 mentioned it....but IF they are gonna tax that...maybe also lesser ppl go hunt there too ( would be a bad idea)
4) the only thing there is the wave to go really--it may get better and better also now with plates , but since you have to cycle sooo much there + time consuming...so if you dont want to live there ..you have to leave to sell stuff or do something else and then go back for a visit etc

I bought Ark Moon Deeds, mostly because they seemed like a good deal to me when you were getting a S0ph1e pet with the 50 pack.

The AG shares don't seem like a good deal to me right now, and there doesn't seem to be an exit strategy possible atm, for that reason, I'm out

What they need to do is better content and more interaction with the players. They seem to be working on this. AG was deserted for many years and now it has better exposure and activity than the rest of the PP, IMO. Which is a huge deal in my opinion but there's plenty of room for improvement and they're definitely on the right track and nowhere near to be called a failed project. I assume they didn't think they'd skyrocket from the first few months either....

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder whether they actually plan in improvements so slowly so that it seems to be upwards travel and keeps more people suckered than if they did it all at once when the concept had already been agreed.
We do now have mats such as tanzanite again now after a long disappearance, so that's at least 1 bp that can now be used that had been blocked. How about bps that use boar tusks? Are tusks around somewhere but well hidden? I ask because we are now getting several loots that have been missing for a long long time, or is it still part of the slow improvement strategy postulated above?
The missions have been interesting, I'll give them that, but the problem with the shares' viability is more than just cosmetic, as others have mentioned already...

after thinking about this in more detail it doesnt matter if its taxed or not.. this is how they pay per ped earned nomatter how its earned.

so if you were trying to say cp is taxed and earns more and also payed 3x more then GREAT right? =p

AG Shares should do a 5:1 reverse split so that all deed holders get 5x. Then deed payouts would be better.

However AG dev team is listening to players so come hunt or mine and give them feedback, they might just listen to your feedback.

AG Shares should do a 5:1 reverse split so that all deed holders get 5x. Then deed payouts would be better.

However AG dev team is listening to players so come hunt or mine and give them feedback, they might just listen to your feedback.

and sport a mankini for the mankini loot buff. kek

:D

Back in game after a lengthy break, and could someone tell me how long the AG shares have been on sale?

Also CP has always been quite active (at least in time i played over the years), and AG was always very quiet. So i am a bit confused to why AG is valued at 250k more than CP (share allocation number).

Finally have the AG shares actually paid anything thus far, and have they been paying on a regular basis thus far?

Ty in advance for any information :)

Dibbler

Back in game after a lengthy break, and could someone tell me how long the AG shares have been on sale?

Also CP has always been quite active (at least in time i played over the years), and AG was always very quiet. So i am a bit confused to why AG is valued at 250k more than CP (share allocation number).

Finally have the AG shares actually paid anything thus far, and have they been paying on a regular basis thus far?

Ty in advance for any information :)

Dibbler

Back