Info: Announcement and Q&A regarding the Eggs of Entropia

Mh? Not a crypto guy, whats happening?

I forgot about this, which was probably for the best...thanks for reminding me. :poop:

Mh? Not a crypto guy, whats happening?
Crypto kid along with his girlfriend decided use 9 billion dollars of customers funds to go and do risky crypto trades in a bear market. Lost it all, customers upset, company bankrupt.

thx m8, anything directly to do with entropia? like enjin was part of that somehow or sth?

thx m8, anything directly to do with entropia? like enjin was part of that somehow or sth?
Crypto bros now have less money to blow on 2.0 weapons in Entropia. That’s about the only effect. Because FTX was such a high profile fraud case, It not only wrecks the confidence of the Bros, but of mainstream investors, who are now all crying for centralised regulation, which goes against the whole point of crypto to start with. All future projects will be dead in the water I think.

I don’t think it will effect EU because PED isn’t a cryptocurrency and Mindark have a tried and true business model. But being a digital asset, a layman might paint PED with the same tar covered brush.

Crypto bros now have less money to blow on 2.0 weapons in Entropia. That’s about the only effect. Because FTX was such a high profile fraud case, It not only wrecks the confidence of the Bros, but of mainstream investors, who are now all crying for centralised regulation, which goes against the whole point of crypto to start with. All future projects will be dead in the water I think.

I don’t think it will effect EU because PED isn’t a cryptocurrency and Mindark have a tried and true business model. But being a digital asset, a layman might paint PED with the same tar covered brush.

Crypto is often seen on by many people as nothing more but scams, or people promising snake oil riches.

People love to insta downvote me and hate on me for alway ssaying it. I'm not against any of it myself but i've said this since long before FTX stuff happened, its a massive risk that i hoped EU would never endevour into.

Yet here we are. Hopefully EU becoming a crypto game takes a slower approach now.

Crypto is often seen on by many people as nothing more but scams, or people promising snake oil riches.

People love to insta downvote me and hate on me for alway ssaying it. I'm not against any of it myself but i've said this since long before FTX stuff happened, its a massive risk that i hoped EU would never endevour into.

Yet here we are. Hopefully EU becoming a crypto game takes a slower approach now.
Ponzi scheme at worst, economic bubble at best. Supporters only seem to defend crypto when it’s going up, because they will make money selling it. Not too much positives are said about crypto nowadays which should tell you something.

Crypto kid along with his girlfriend decided use 9 billion dollars of customers funds to go and do risky crypto trades in a bear market. Lost it all, customers upset, company bankrupt.
You spelled laundering money for politicians wrong.

You spelled laundering money for politicians wrong.
No proof of that because oops, we forgot to keep any records and all of our messages and emails are set to auto delete themselves! Soz!

• Haha
Reactions: Mac
Ponzi scheme at worst, economic bubble at best.

Ouch. If we're lucky, we're going to AT LEAST end up with some usable CBDCs.

This is going to sound silly but the block chain is powerful tech. They will decide what will be allowed as "official" money but it's likely that these are going to see more and more use. Block chains I mean. What a single server running a trusted blockchain could do for something like SWIFT or ACH is phenomenal.

People from outside tend to forget that the same schemes happen again and again whenever enough humans decide on a new "store of value". A token can be used in absolutely any kind of financial scheme or scam, as long as someone is convinced that it "has value".

One of my favorite short stories to tell people about crypto is "yeah there was that one time when I sold seven bitcoins to pay a month's rent ..."

People are like "ack, omg, what a huge waste, blah blah, that must hurt" but the truth is - it was absolutely marvelous. I was so happy to be able to do it - and also at the time it represented a huge profit for me. Lots of eyes are on really high profile activities and impact on the existing global financial system. But mean time, I can assure you that there are already plenty of people in the world using crypto currencies, and blockchains, in their day to day lives.

Mostly to replace money, but for some other things, too. Someone here mentioned XRP the other day. One of the oldest live blockchains and it's entire purpose was to facilitate actual banking with the modern banking system. XRP was never intended to "replace money" in any way at all. There has been some pseudo success with distributed storage too, off the top of my head.

Ouch. If we're lucky, we're going to AT LEAST end up with some usable CBDCs.

This is going to sound silly but the block chain is powerful tech. They will decide what will be allowed as "official" money but it's likely that these are going to see more and more use. Block chains I mean. What a single server running a trusted blockchain could do for something like SWIFT or ACH is phenomenal.

People from outside tend to forget that the same schemes happen again and again whenever enough humans decide on a new "store of value". A token can be used in absolutely any kind of financial scheme or scam, as long as someone is convinced that it "has value".

One of my favorite short stories to tell people about crypto is "yeah there was that one time when I sold seven bitcoins to pay a month's rent ..."

People are like "ack, omg, what a huge waste, blah blah, that must hurt" but the truth is - it was absolutely marvelous. I was so happy to be able to do it - and also at the time it represented a huge profit for me. Lots of eyes are on really high profile activities and impact on the existing global financial system. But mean time, I can assure you that there are already plenty of people in the world using crypto currencies, and blockchains, in their day to day lives.

Mostly to replace money, but for some other things, too. Someone here mentioned XRP the other day. One of the oldest live blockchains and it's entire purpose was to facilitate actual banking with the modern banking system. XRP was never intended to "replace money" in any way at all. There has been some pseudo success with distributed storage too, off the top of my head.
Blockchain might indeed be a valuble thing in the future. Honestly I don't know enough about it. Cryptocurrency however is just a product of the blockchain tech and can be criticised without nullifying the technology that produced it.

Cryptocurrency however is just a product of the blockchain tech and can be criticised without nullifying the technology that produced it.

Certainly. Though it was literally the quest for a currency replacement that produced the blockchain.

I love it all - it's been central to my life for a long time now and I'm an advocate for both, in bull or bear markets. If a bunch of people in a town decided to use stone circles for money again - some clown is going to "re-invent" the ponzi, for sure :ROFLMAO:

Anybody knows how much the eggs were sold and what happened?

someone purchased them and has a chance to set up a entry page to promote Entropia and gain some "referral fee"
there was a proposal to sell the egg on the forum
i think it fell without an offer
basically to refer some other ppl game you need to pay 2000 eur or more....
noth wprthe the effort IMHO

someone purchased them and has a chance to set up a entry page to promote Entropia and gain some "referral fee"
there was a proposal to sell the egg on the forum
i think it fell without an offer
basically to refer some other ppl game you need to pay 2000 eur or more....
noth wprthe the effort IMHO
Ah sorry I meant "any update" not "what is the concept". I

Back