Announcing the EU World Boxing Championship 2009, sponsored by First Planet Company

But I don't understand... how can a contest be fun if you can't jump? So you want to avies face each other and slap each other... I think you should let them dance a bit.

i may show up for a bloody nose , or a lucky punch :)

But I don't understand... how can a contest be fun if you can't jump? So you want to avies face each other and slap each other... I think you should let them dance a bit.

Dancing is allowed :D

How does it help, if you're using an SIB weapon? :silly2:

Last year I would have said (and probably did say) that it wouldn't, as long as you'd maxed the weapon.

However this recent thread makes very interesting reading:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/pvp/152654-effect-game-skills-pvp.html

Saturday night bump :)

And perhaps a Sunday night bump too :)

Sounds fun, I might even take part this year :boxer:

Let's give this a bump for the weekend :)

New week, new bump!

I'm in

Last year was great fun Oleg, I can't wait for more JamHot coverage and hanging out at the ring.

I'll try to stream some X-Fire video this year when I can to add to the live coverage.

Here are some clips I edited last year when Jam was away.

Ding Ding ...

[YOUTUBE]cYqACwjosVQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2fjb6t3p3WA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-8UYGhZFjh4[/YOUTUBE]

nice event ;) hope it works out fine

...well my promoter & agent thinks I should pass on this years event, last year was a huge...huge fiasco and severely damaged my image as the ultimate-badboy-of-the-underground-fighting scene & hence more or less devalued my trademark as...invincible...

...so...at the time...I just can´t make any promises Oleg...sry brother, I know how much you & the rest of the universe wants to see jim_T in the ring again, but...it´s all about the Benjamins bejbeh! ;)

love the idea. event will be great again. kudos

i think i'm ready to make my debut this year :boxer: bring it on bitches

FLYWEIGHT FINAL 2008

OMEGA vs LILLY

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubhL-BVywnA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psBWLV7sRUY[/YOUTUBE]​

Jamhot

WELTERWEIGHT FINAL 2008

NEBU vs KARL XII

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO0LB5Rvp6g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpyXc0rpeuo[/YOUTUBE]​

Jamhot

Great idea.
I'll be there swinging :yay:

Provisional schedule

22 August - rules thread posted, registration opens
10 September - registration closes
12 September - opening ceremony/party including first round draw
19 September - first matches take place
10 October - finals???

Subject to change, but other than the finals I don't expect it to change. The 10 October date for the finals is something of a guess, as it depends on how quickly we are able to complete the matches.

On 19 and 20 September I will be running marathon sessions to try to get as many of the early matches completed as possible. I expect there to be matches taking place over the course of about 10 hours (something like 1200-2200 MA time) on both days.

Where is your banner for the client loader? :)

Im rdy to smack Axels ass this year !

The VU 10.0 announcement may just have screwed up that schedule within about 3 hours of me posting it :laugh:

Because of VU 10 I'm going to postpone this for a couple of weeks so things have time to settle a bit and I can make sure everything still works as expected :)

I'll aim to post the rules and registration thread around 1 September.

Things are working just about OK for me in VU10 now but a lot of people still have issues with logging in, or staying logged in, and the system is generally rather unstable.

When the major issues have been fixed, and things are running a bit more smoothly, I will get things moving again on this. I didn't want to start so late, but I prefer to delay it rather than launch an event that will be compromised by technical problems.

The timing of all this has been rather unfortunate, but it's better than having VU10 hit us in the middle of the event which would have been a nightmare.

On the plus side, the new Octagons are much cooler than the old ones and perfect for an event like this :)

This sounds like great fun and it is cool that FPC are sponsoring it too. I have never been in an octagon and my powerfist is shocking but it does sounds like a bit of a hoot and could drag me there for a laugh :eyecrazy:

Nice prizes all round and I look forward to watching the fun!

Because of VU 10 I'm going to postpone this for a couple of weeks so things have time to settle a bit and I can make sure everything still works as expected :)

I'll aim to post the rules and registration thread around 1 September.

Like they say…,”An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!”
I think it is a good idea to wait a bit. I am noticing improvements by the day. This event should be awesome when we get to it! The graphics are simply stunning!

Cheers

:boxer:

Cool

Hi,

This is so cool. Love that FPC is a sponsore :D

Regards.

Lana

Back