Announcing: The (L) Weapon Museum

Coop_

Stalker
Ever wish there was an ingame place to go check your stats with various limited weapons, even weapons not currently on auction?

Well now there is: The Limited Weapon Museum, located in a house just north of Atlas Island South tp at coords 10500 15200.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Here's a (dated) pic of the interior with the house owner and collection holder, Alex Fishface Walton:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

So stop by, check out these great weapons, and plan your advance to uberness :)

If anyone has almost-broken limited guns not listed here, and would like to make them available to the museum, please send me a PM or look for me ingame.

EDIT: Using the trick to put things on the wall got me a temp lock, so unless someone has a ton of wall panels to donate, the guns will be located on the floor. Doesn't look quite so nice, but just as usefull for checking stats, or just curiosity. EDIT2: Got some wall panels for Xmas, could use more if there's a crafter out there. EDIT3: The Museum has moved to its new location at Atlas South, hosted by Alex Fishface Walton.

Last edited:
possibility to test shoot any of the guns? ;) hah

woo hoo !

Great Idea! + Rep! :)

I'll come by later today after I get off work. ;-)

the best use ever to a wasted (L) weapon !!! excelent initiative coop, i will shurelly go there to check them

Cool idea, I might well use this some time.

I have a nearly-dead S60, will probably finish it tonight and then you can have if you want. I'll try to remember not to fire the last shot :)

Cool idea, I might well use this some time.

I have a nearly-dead S60, will probably finish it tonight and then you can have if you want. I'll try to remember not to fire the last shot :)

Looks like I just missed you at Nea's. You can trade it to any socmate and I'll get it. +Rep for saving it for me :)

Excellent idea! +rep for the thought.

Next (L) weapon I get that isn't on the list I'll save the last couple of shots for you :)

good idea, i'll keep any launchers i use up for u :) +rep

bloody brilliant idea mate!! :D
I'll drop in at some point to see what my stats are with each. i'll keep my (L) rocket launcher and anything else of use for you once they're done

^^

Nice idea :), i will save for you some (L) guns , now im soon to finnish
Isis LR 48 (L) ( i think a nice piece to collection :) )

Also +rep for idea >)

Very nice Idea ... +rep for this

Just a reminder:

Once (L) weapons are completely used up, they cannot be dropped, even in an apartment. Only weapons that have at least one click of life remaining can be used for the museum.

How to figure the breaking point? Three percent of the total tt is the point at which most (L) items break. So then you add about 2 times the decay of the item to the 3% figure, and you have the stopping point for display purposes.

Also +rep for idea >)

Yes, I would love that for the collection!

Thanks to Oleg for the Svempa s60 delivered with 1 pec to spare :)

Yes, I would love that for the collection!

Thanks to Oleg for the Svempa s60 delivered with 1 pec to spare :)

Hehe I didn't realise I'd been quite so efficient :)

Brilliant!

I will see if I got any close-to-empty weapons ready for your museum.

Can you still seethe stats correctly on a gun even if this is nolonger usable?

+reps all the way for a good job done!
Maybe a couple of big signs from MA on the building, to show the way...? ;)

Brilliant!

I will see if I got any close-to-empty weapons ready for your museum.

Can you still seethe stats correctly on a gun even if this is nolonger usable?

+reps all the way for a good job done!
Maybe a couple of big signs from MA on the building, to show the way...? ;)

Yes, you can still see stats on a broken weapon, but you cannot place it in the apartment. I have a small collection of broken weapons in storage, but obviously only I can check stats on them.

If I had a shopkeeper, it is possible that broken weapons could be placed their for others to view. Not really sure though.

While we're on the subject of broken and nearly broken (L) weapons: I noticed that the %age figure on weapons now refers to the amount of useable value rather than tt value left.
I.E. it is now dead at 0.0% not 3.0%, although the tt value at this point is still the same when it dies.

While we're on the subject of broken and nearly broken (L) weapons: I noticed that the %age figure on weapons now refers to the amount of useable value rather than tt value left.
I.E. it is now dead at 0.0% not 3.0%, although the tt value at this point is still the same when it dies.

Yes, this is due to the following change in the recent VU:

"Condition Limit
The condition limit indicator now displays the usable condition range e.g. the top 10% condition for items with a 90% condition limit."

Official Thread Here

Awesome idea by the way Coop!

I almost get that... :ahh:

Could you please cut it out in cardboard for the mathematic dumbnicks? (me)

I still dont forget , i just waiting to finnish it :)
I think after weekend it will be polished and ready to go >)

Great idea, +rep! :)

I've often thought of making a museum of all items in game, and this for sure is closest I've seen anyone get to the idea :silly2:

I almost get that... :ahh:

Could you please cut it out in cardboard for the mathematic dumbnicks? (me)

Hmm, how best to word it...

Ok, imagine a (L) weapon, full condition = 100 PED. At 3 PED it's broken.
Before the VU, at 100 PED it was 100%, at 50 PED it was 50% and at 3 PED it was described as 3.0% condition.
Since the VU, 100 PED is still 100%, 51.5 PED is 50% and 3 PED is described as 0.0% condition.
The %age now refers to the useable value, not the total value.

Hope I haven't confused you even more :ahh:

I will take a look at the museum, its not far away from my home

:)

I am happy to donate an almost dead Isis LR59(L). I have a few in storage and I'll try to get one close to 3%.

Ive got an isis 48(L) close to its break point ill donate if no one else has.

+rep for great idea

I have almost dead Geotrek Apis for you if you want it..

I have an H41 (L) Mina if you want :)

good idea, i'll keep any launchers i use up for u :) +rep

I put a first launcher into the museum, the Detpil 50, so any others would be aprecciated.

Also +rep for idea >)

Quite nice addition, look forward to it.

I am happy to donate an almost dead Isis LR59(L). I have a few in storage and I'll try to get one close to 3%.

Love to have that, too.

Ive got an isis 48(L) close to its break point ill donate if no one else has.

You and PW3CKA will have to race for it ;)

I have an H41 (L) Mina if you want :)

That one is in the museum already, but thanks.

I added Breer M4a, Isis LR41, Isis BL1000, and Detpil Rv 40.

If you have an additional weapon available, you can pm me here to set up a meet. Also, someone from Rising Potentials society is often at the 3rd Floor Auction in Twin Mall, for reaching me ingame.

I've started doing this, without really thinking about the museum concept, but cool idea, +rep. My problem is quite often I get trigger-happy and burn them down too far to be able to drop them in the apt. :laugh:

I'll try to remember to save my Svempa T15 for the museum just before it breaks. I usually run them into the ground, since they still have quite a few PED's on them when busted, but it's for a good cause. :)

Last edited:
Back