Another avatar using name 'Serica'

Beware, that its not her. You guys are reading the scam part into it but it does seem like the obvious next step.

Beware, that its not her. You guys are reading the scam part into it.

So every player that bares the name Faye i have to make a warning for ? I know atleast 1 faye and she was very nice.

Ppl already know Serica and how she interacts with her friends. No need for this thread as a warning. Expect if it indeed is a scammer and proven too. All this thread now does is create a witchhunt for the other serica. Something I dont encourage to do for new players.

Ppl shouldn't be so quick to pick up the torch for the witch hunt. This isnt about hurting the newb its about protection. If you want to ride a witch hunt we can bump the list ;)

It is just the same name, chill

loads of people with my name.....

Moved to security section.

Without going into details, I have reason to believe that this account has been created to damage my reputation in some other way.

To me, "Without going into details" implies that Serica is going off more than simply the name issue, but is reluctant to disclose that information. (Usually to keep information sources secret) If so, then I can understand the warning. If he's just going by the name alone, then this warning may be a bit over zealous. Knowing Serica isn't into false alarms, and the above statement, I'll wait and see what happens.

In my experience, if it is an ava created with that name in mind to do harm, the usual action will be to try to pull a few quick money-making scams by pretending to be this Serica. I'm aware of a numbers of cases where this has occurred. The scamming ava isn't intended to ruin a rep, but simply piggyback on it for some quick peds. Usually those scammed find out what's going on and the "original" ava's rep is still intact.

However, it is a good reminder to always make sure you know exactly who you're trading or doing business with. Remember the full name is always listed in P2P trades. If something ever feels wrong, follow your gut and investigate before completeing the transaction.

However, if you do run across this ava, please give it every benefit of the doubt, just like any other n00bie you find, unless those warning bells start to chime. It could very well be a misunderstanding and as long as you know who they are not, everything should be fine.

Moved to security section.

To me, "Without going into details" implies that Serica is going off more than simply the name issue, but is reluctant to disclose that information. (Usually to keep information sources secret) If so, then I can understand the warning. If he's just going by the name alone, then this warning may be a bit over zealous. Knowing Serica isn't into false alarms, and the above statement, I'll wait and see what happens.

In my experience, if it is an ava created with that name in mind to do harm, the usual action will be to try to pull a few quick money-making scams by pretending to be this Serica. I'm aware of a numbers of cases where this has occurred. The scamming ava isn't intended to ruin a rep, but simply piggyback on it for some quick peds. Usually those scammed find out what's going on and the "original" ava's rep is still intact.

However, it is a good reminder to always make sure you know exactly who you're trading or doing business with. Remember the full name is always listed in P2P trades. If something ever feels wrong, follow your gut and investigate before completeing the transaction.

However, if you do run across this ava, please give it every benefit of the doubt, just like any other n00bie you find, unless those warning bells start to chime. It could very well be a misunderstanding and as long as you know who they are not, everything should be fine.

I usually agree with this, but there are some game mechanics that need looked at, for instance...coloring/texturing items...

I usually agree with this, but there are some game mechanics that need looked at, for instance...coloring/texturing items...

One word: Collateral.

Not perfect I know, but having an equal value in your hand reduces the problem significantly.

Hmmm..

I'm one of the players that continues to go to Gateway each day, to help new Calypso players.

In the past hour, I've seen an avatar arrive with the name '{removed} Serica {removed}'.

Without going into details, I have reason to believe that this account has been created to damage my reputation in some other way.

Please be careful in any interaction.

How can this avatar that has your name go to the "Gateway" if only advisors can? How does that avatar have access and no one else?

Nevermind..I see the answer from quote..I assume they were a avatar just created is why...(sorry first cup of coffee when I asked..LOL)

P.S.
Great job Serica also by the way! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
One word: Collateral.

Not perfect I know, but having an equal value in your hand reduces the problem significantly.

Except newer players may not have said collateral...making it doubly harder for them to "make a living" via their chosen profession....I'll add here, I'm not a colorer or texturer, but have seen many times where collateral was an issue, as that seems to be the way most people will deal with coloring/texturing. I know it's not perfect, but this should be an issue MA responds to....it would alleviate some problems.

EDIT: sorry, didnt mean to take this off OP issue

Last edited:
hey maybe its just a name they chose. I see my name "Steve" Avatar name all over twins Nothing to get upset about >_>???

To me, "Without going into details" implies that Serica is going off more than simply the name issue, but is reluctant to disclose that information. (Usually to keep information sources secret) If so, then I can understand the warning. If she's just going by the name alone, then this warning may be a bit over zealous. Knowing Serica isn't into false alarms, and the above statement, I'll wait and see what happens.

Fixed a little mistake for ya JC. You seem to have an issue with missing the letter S when typing the word she.

As from what I have seen of Serica she does a lot of flight services and someone using her reputation and name could get an unlucky passengers up into space and looted. So for her and other trustworthy pilots it could become an issue.

Until I looked closer in here on the forums I didn't think twice about the rest of her name and since I am not in the same Society as her or a close friend I would not notice the society missing either.

If this person has any bad intentions or not no one for certain would know for a fact. So I suggest the full name of the player should be removed from this thread. The warning that there is someone with same middle name was enough.

.. So I suggest the full name of the player should be removed from this thread. The warning that there is someone with same middle name was enough.

I've taken care of that in the OP. JC will have to edit of the other quotes.

Sad to see that someone got scammed by an ava impersonating Summer and her excellent coloring service, earlier today.

I've taken care of that in the OP. JC will have to edit of the other quotes.

Done and done. Technically I could use rule 2.13 - Scamming Accusation but the fact is that you are not accusing of a specific scam in this case, but of a potential one based on information you have. However, since the purpose of rule 2.13 is to avoid unduly damaging someone's rep with false accusations, then yes, it may apply here too.

Hopefully everyone got the point though. Be careful who you do business with. And in all cases, protect yourself.

Back