Another crafter wannabe unlocking BPC

Musibear

Old
Society
Dead. They are all dead.
William Sundiver Tekrowa
Just had to mention it.. I was on the end of a very long stretch which had taken all day, and was just reading chat and put in the occasinal comments in SOC chat every now and then. Suddenly I got the message on the screen, the message that I had been longing for a couple of weeks now.

I had made some electrical components in the past (not much, but still it adds to the equation), but anyway, here's my skills at the time of BPC unlock:

Manufacture Mechanical Components: 1408 (1) Able
Engineering: 1360 (9) Trained
Mechanics: 778 (9) Apprentice

And the best part of it: I AM STILL A NOOB! :girl:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

gratz :)

im trying it too. startet a few days ago with crafting.. anyone wanna buy 22k basicfilters? :D

the skills gains very slowly.. so i think i have to put a lot of time and money in it

Thank you kindly

Thanks for the kind words :) Basic Filter is the most economical way, at least up til BPC unlock. I wish I had the patience, but went for level 3 Standard Damper pretty early on. The price on oil has gone down recently, too.

Of course, without uber crafters like Kjetil, Buzz Erik and Malle Woman, with their globals and HoF's coming down the chat screen like a neon-waterfall (wish I could describe that as beatiful as William Gibson did in "Neuromancer"), there wouldn't be much inspiration, so I say thank you to those as well. This is, after all, only the beginning.

Regards, Wintermute. Uh.. I mean.. Sundiver.. :eek:

What really inspires me are my friends that had already unlocked it or are heading towards it like a motorcycle towards a wall. After they hit it they are like in heaven - cant wait for it!

I heard that engineering and mechanics actually have nothing to do with the skill unlocking, its about manufacture mechanical equipment (or what you do).

Is that rite?

To unlock this skill you need to be "Qualified" in your professional standing of manufacture (any area... example. mech) of crafting.

and since yes, mechanics, electronics etc etc etc all effect your overall prof standing, then yes they do matter. and engineering is a general skill which helps out in all areas of crafting and it sure does help you get bp comp skill.

Gratz!

Knowing what it took to become a Qualified Laser Sniper, I know how much effort you've been putting into your crafting.

They don't have a Gratz button for this, so I'll give you a +rep. :)

Grats Musibear!! now its time for equiptment methodology.

Thanks again, I appreciate this :) Yes, it takes a lot of time and effort, and I hope it will be worth it in the end. Equipment Methodology is a possible next goal, even though it will take a couple of months at least. It really helps being in a SOC with other crafters with the same goal, really. At least two of them were breathing down my neck most of the way, which made me work harder to get there first :naughty:

Back