another crazy mining log...

Count0

Alpha
Society
ROUA
Don Roberto Roberto
after to many bad runs and incredible low tt returns, no matter if mining, hunting, or crafting, after to many "smart" people complaining for not counting every single pec, after to many "smart" MA changes, I decided to go back to the basics and simple things and also post my results.. so:
small/medium runs (Falkao, do you see this?...) 100-200 drops/run, tt finder, no amp, only on planet, no Foma or Hell, only good spots with average / high MU ores/ enmats...
I will not count tt finder and extractor decay (to low for 100-200 bombs runs), I will not count Mu on ores found, I`m interested only in tt returns of ores compared to the bombs used

1st run:
12/02/2013 starting 8:30 MA time; location: OLA 62 and OLA 31 north of emerald lakes mall.
tt finder, no amp, ores, 100 bombs, results:
9.54 peds belk
15.25 peds gazz
3.20 peds duru

tt return this run: 27.99 peds
Return % this run: 27.99% (!)
even without considering the finder and extractor decay...
==========

2nd run:
12/02/2013 starting 9:30 MA time; location: OLA 56 and OLA 57 north of Z`s little farm tp.
tt finder, no amp, enmatters, 100 bombs, results:
15.60 peds garcen
1.95 peds typo
3.51 peds cave sap
1.72 peds oil

tt return this run: 22.78 peds
Return % this run: 45.56 %
even without considering the finder and extractor decay...

again, these runs are after many other very bad runs, it`s not like I`ve got an ath and/ or huge hofs/ incredible good returns and I should expect some negative returns...

this is not a whining post, this is a log, containing simple REAL FACTS

EDITED: I was extremly wrong with my interpretation...
========================

Total bombs so far: 250 peds tt
Total tt return sofar: 1509.1 peds tt (+1259.1)
Total % return sofar: 603.64 %

Last edited:
subscribing and waiting for more

again, these runs are after many other very bad runs, it`s not like I`ve got an ath and/ or huge hofs/ incredible good returns and I should expect some negative returns...

It doesn't matter you got a ATH or two or ten, your return will basically be the same because MA clearly stated that they don't keep any records regarding how much you lose/win, it's all about luck, playing smart will only allow you to play longer(giving you better changes to hit that average return of 9X.xx or something)

Maybe what you need is Little big mining log so you won't overlap your drops, it's not that easy to have this return no matter in before middle January, not even need to say after mid Jan when you getting small in most of your claims. Also maybe can track your hitrate too, it would be more clear why you can have this bad return.

Again, one Shinook miner with too small bankroll. My tips:

- Don't mine Shinook
- Get bigger bankroll
- If you mine Shinook get atleast (L) finder

It doesn't matter you got a ATH or two or ten, your return will basically be the same because MA clearly stated that they don't keep any records regarding how much you lose/win, it's all about luck, playing smart will only allow you to play longer(giving you better changes to hit that average return of 9X.xx or something)
1. we all know and experienced 1st hand the loot swings after a big hit... this is why I said it, so that ppl would know and wouldn`t assume low returns are because of some previous big hits
2. after all these years, you should know it`s NOTHING about luck, and yes, it`s about playing smartly.. but with the new loot system and these tt returns, I`m afraid even playing smartly won`t help...

- Don't mine Shinook

This, I agree with, and extend to the entire purple area on Amathera.

Tried it a few times back when I was a miner... The worst returns I had during that time was trying enmatter in this area (basically no finds) while ore was slightly better (but mostly gave non-markup stuff).

Also, telling people that the loot system sucks just because you had bad returns for 150PED(!) mining in crappy areas (and yes, I know you say you had more bad runs before that, but you have no log of that so those do not matter when you're using a log to "prove" things are a certain way) does not exactly make it seem credible.

EDIT: Should also point out that a TT finder does not have enough depth to get most resources on Amathera. Try using an F105 and find some actually good spots, then you'll see returns picking up (and possibly you'd be able to profit on markup).

Again, one Shinook miner with too small bankroll. My tips:

- Don't mine Shinook
- Get bigger bankroll
- If you mine Shinook get atleast (L) finder

1. it`s 1 of my favorite spots, I`ve been mining shinook for 6 years, how about you?
2.my bankroll is big enough, I just started posting my runs, it`s not the 1st one and it`s not the last one...
3.it`s your opinion, I had decent results in the past with UL finders, but anyway, it`s not about what ores I find (L vs UL) but about the tt return
my tip: open your eyes, wake up...

This, I agree with, and extend to the entire purple area on Amathera.

Tried it a few times back when I was a miner... The worst returns I had during that time was trying enmatter in this area (basically no finds) while ore was slightly better (but mostly gave non-markup stuff).

Also, telling people that the loot system sucks just because you had bad returns for 150PED(!) mining in crappy areas (and yes, I know you say you had more bad runs before that, but you have no log of that so those do not matter when you're using a log to "prove" things are a certain way) does not exactly make it seem credible.

EDIT: Should also point out that a TT finder does not have enough depth to get most resources on Amathera. Try using an F105 and find some actually good spots, then you'll see returns picking up (and possibly you'd be able to profit on markup).

it`s not the 1st time I`m mining there, it`s not the 1st time I`m using tt finder, it`s not for 150 peds, it`s not the 1st run, and it`s not the last one, ppl, come on...

i like logs :)

GL and lets see how it goes ^_°

it`s not the 1st time I`m mining there, it`s not the 1st time I`m using tt finder, it`s not for 150 peds, it`s not the 1st run, and it`s not the last one, ppl, come on...

Then you should know the area better, then you should know you have the wrong depth for that area, your log is certainly for 150PEDs and in this case no other runs matter because they are not logged.

It may not be your first or last run, but I could do better any day and I'm not even a miner.

Then you should know the area better, then you should know you have the wrong depth for that area, your log is certainly for 150PEDs and in this case no other runs matter because they are not logged.

It may not be your first or last run, but I could do better any day and I'm not even a miner.

But tt return should not be affected by the finder used, just what stuff you find. I think the point of the log is to show tt returns

Rgds

Ace

But tt return should not be affected by the finder used, just what stuff you find. I think the point of the log is to show tt returns

Rgds

Ace

exactely +rep coming as soon as possible..
anyway, surprise coming aswell...

3rd run:

12/02/2013 starting 12:30 MA time; location: NE of Issyle TP, Eudoria
1.25 peds gazz
12.24 peds cald
1444.84 peds belk - 1434 peds belk HOF :yay:, with tt finder, un-amped.. so it`s still possible :)...

it looks like I was completely wrong, there are also very bad runs BEFORE, not only after big finds...

tt return this run: 1458.33 peds
Return % this run: 1458.33 % tt
without considering the finder and extractor decay...
-----------
to be continued... :)

Last edited:
Gratz, the next 1k bombs will be interesting

Rgds

Ace

wow nice .. gonna get interesting :)

The finder doesn't directly affect TT return, no.

However, certain resources are more likely to be found at certain depths, which is affected by finder. If you then use a low-depth finder in an area with mainly high-depth resources, that may affect TT returns.

3rd run:

12/02/2013 starting 12:30 MA time; location: NE of Issyle TP, Eudoria
1.25 peds gazz
12.24 peds cald
1444.84 peds belk - 1434 peds belk HOF :yay:, with tt finder, un-amped.. so it`s still possible :)...

it looks like I was completely wrong, there are also very bad runs BEFORE, not only after big finds...

tt return this run: 1458.33 peds
Return % this run: 1458.33 % tt
without considering the finder and extractor decay...
-----------
to be continued... :)

Huge Gz, bro :dunce: This uber hof is very inspiring, especially for the noob miners :)

The finder doesn't directly affect TT return, no.

However, certain resources are more likely to be found at certain depths, which is affected by finder. If you then use a low-depth finder in an area with mainly high-depth resources, that may affect TT returns.

which ores u can find more often in shinook with L finder than with of105 for example as far as i know kane can be found as easily with of105 only thing that restricts rare ores is the amp size used

okey cant remeber if redu dropped from shinook area cos its been years since i dropped my last tk320 bombs if yes then that might be the only ore u cant find with of105 or its very rare

amps don't restrict rare finds.... the finder does...

which ores u can find more often in shinook with L finder than with of105 for example as far as i know kane can be found as easily with of105 only thing that restricts rare ores is the amp size used

okey cant remeber if redu dropped from shinook area cos its been years since i dropped my last tk320 bombs if yes then that might be the only ore u cant find with of105 or its very rare

F-105 = 522.4 meters depth
TK320 (L) = 850.8 meters depth
Z1 (TT finder, which is what OP used) = 204 meters depth.

If you then mine in an area where most minerals are between 500 and 1000 meters deep, which finder do you think you'll get the worst returns with?

Rare minerals are often deeper than common ones. Amps only affect the size of the claim, and the total cost per drop.

Rare minerals are often deeper than common ones. Amps only affect the size of the claim, and the total cost per drop.

3 words: Claim Size Cap. For example, on Rocktropia you can mine Pvp unamped getting Blood Moss and Fire Root, but if you put a big amp you get only Rt enmatters and seldom V claim of Blood Moss/Fire Root, no matter whether it's normally possible with your amp.

3 words: Claim Size Cap. For example, on Rocktropia you can mine Pvp unamped getting Blood Moss and Fire Root, but if you put a big amp you get only Rt enmatters and seldom V claim of Blood Moss/Fire Root, no matter whether it's normally possible with your amp.

Well, apart from that then... The point still stands, that the finder can affect TT return because the miner fails to have the "correct" depth for the area.

Well, apart from that then... The point still stands, that the finder can affect TT return because the miner fails to have the "correct" depth for the area.

Can you name an area where you cannot find ores below 500m?

TT finder will still get you 90%tt return, same as vrx3k. At least that is what my logs show.

There is no "correct" finder for an area. YOu can utilise the depth to gain more market in area.

EG area 1:
TT finder: 50% belkar, 40% gazz
vrx3k: 40%belk, 40% gazzz, 10% duru

90% for both.

This is just an example of course

But i have never seen proof that finder or amp affects tt result.

As for rares, you cannot find ruga with i think it is lv 5 amp or above, not sure about lv4 amp ( i forget). Same as tridenite i believe. But redu you can find with any sized amp. Its the super rares that are capped by tt of one stone

Rgds

Ace

Wrong. Even if you don't have the correct depth for an area you get claims. There is a substitute ore defined for every region you get instead. In many cases it is Lyst. TT return isn't affected by finder.

Can you name an area where you cannot find ores below 500m?

TT finder will still get you 90%tt return, same as vrx3k. At least that is what my logs show.

There is no "correct" finder for an area. YOu can utilise the depth to gain more market in area.

EG area 1:
TT finder: 50% belkar, 40% gazz
vrx3k: 40%belk, 40% gazzz, 10% duru

90% for both.

This is just an example of course

But i have never seen proof that finder or amp affects tt result.

As for rares, you cannot find ruga with i think it is lv 5 amp or above, not sure about lv4 amp ( i forget). Same as tridenite i believe. But redu you can find with any sized amp. Its the super rares that are capped by tt of one stone

Rgds

Ace

Both is true. You can not find rares with a higher lvl amp. I guess it was implemented after Dub's Ruga ATH.

105 no need for another finder, will cover every ore you need it for, unless your going for rares.

UL 213 would be the best, but since they only do L, 105 makes do, as the MU is sky high for finders atm. No point wasting your ped.

amps don't restrict rare finds.... the finder does...

can u then explain why i havent found tride or ruga EVER.. and ive mined the locations ALOT with tk320 even when ruga dropped for few days alot.. but i always have lvl5 or bigger in my finder

can u then explain why i havent found tride or ruga EVER.. and ive mined the locations ALOT with tk320 even when ruga dropped for few days alot.. but i always have lvl5 or bigger in my finder

Amp does restrict finds.

Your right.

the chance of hitting something rare with an amp is limited.

I can ensure that u find more rares without amp!

Back