Another happy hour - bugs or intentional?

Status

UnaAlconbury

Prowler
Society
Rangers
Una Griph Alconbury
So we had another happy hour this morning. From 06:00 ingame time at least 5 Acidic Jelly, 3 Golem, and 3 Wiles Pristine Elements dropped within the span of around an hour. This is only ones confirmed by the looters or tracked by EL. Which means very likely several more dropped as well.

Mindark, you absolutely need to address if these recent type of happy hour "happenings" or "events" are intentional, or the result of bugs.
(First happy hour thread here without a single word from you)

If bugs, that's bad enough, but at least slightly easier for your customers to eventually digest and give a pass. If it is indeed intentional (and many people seem to believe this, given your history of intentionally boosted loot during TEN, as well as complete silence in the previous thread), and you just think it's a cool way of giving back and celebrate TWEN, you seriously need to reconsider this approach. As already discussed in the previous thread, it is also potentially devastating for the overall trust in your system if you start fiddle with the system manually like this.

As already known, but also pointed out by Affärsvärlden in their recent Mindark stock analysis, a bank run among player base due to lack of trust would of course be disastrous and with a huge snowball effect, given the ratio of liquidity vs total ingame customer "assets".

@Ludvig|MindArk this is a perfect chance to instill said trust. Take it.

So we had another happy hour this morning. From 06:00 ingame time at least 5 Acidic Jelly, 3 Golem, and 3 Wiles Pristine Elements dropped within the span of around an hour. This is only ones confirmed by the looters or tracked by EL. Which means very likely several more dropped as well.

Mindark, you absolutely need to address if these recent type of happy hour "happenings" or "events" are intentional, or the result of bugs.
(First happy hour thread here without a single word from you)

Loot is, and always has been, dynamic.

@Ludvig|MindArk this is a perfect chance to instill said trust. Take it.

Check your privilege.
MindArk representatives are under no obligation to respond to any posts here on PCF. If they choose to do so, great, but members demanding responses to particular issues is inappropriate.

PCF is not an official support forum. If you want a response from MindArk regarding an issue, open a support case.

Check your privilege.
MindArk representatives are under no obligation to respond to any posts here on PCF. If they choose to do so, great, but members demanding responses to particular issues is inappropriate.

PCF is not an official support forum. If you want a response from MindArk regarding an issue, open a support case.
Unfortunately support does not comment loot and that is probably why people seek answer on the forums.

This is not dynamic... But how would you know, you don't even play the game :p

FIRST said he looted 5

rGFmMni.png

VuW7Rwk.png

T78Qfzl.png

Last edited:
2023-03-24 06:06:57 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 06:09:12 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 06:11:14 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 06:17:00 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:04:50 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:09:30 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:09:44 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:10:10 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:10:25 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:12:11 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:12:37 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:13:17 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:13:47 [Globals] [] Bendak Starkiller Mandalore has found a rare item (Wiles Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:19:40 [Globals] [] Bendak Starkiller Mandalore has found a rare item (Wiles Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:21:43 [Globals] [] zoubala chalamaste mafrouzeh has found a rare item (Wiles Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 09:08:08 [Globals] [] Just The Iceman JTI has found a rare item (Stalkerbot Pristine Element)...

Loot is Dynamic M*A*

2023-03-24 06:06:57 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 06:09:12 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 06:11:14 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 06:17:00 [Globals] [] FIRST Panpetoianer Wind has found a rare item (Acidic Jelly Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:04:50 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:09:30 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:09:44 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:10:10 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:10:25 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:12:11 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:12:37 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:13:17 [Globals] [] Vizzanu VIZZ Nie has found a rare item (Golem Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:13:47 [Globals] [] Bendak Starkiller Mandalore has found a rare item (Wiles Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:19:40 [Globals] [] Bendak Starkiller Mandalore has found a rare item (Wiles Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 07:21:43 [Globals] [] zoubala chalamaste mafrouzeh has found a rare item (Wiles Pristine Element)... 2023-03-24 09:08:08 [Globals] [] Just The Iceman JTI has found a rare item (Stalkerbot Pristine Element)...

Loot is Dynamic M*A*

Yeah, I have the same in my chat log. At least 5 Acid, 8 Golem and 3 Wiles.
And remember that if you have one in inventory you will not HOF.
VIZZ was really fast to put them in Pitbull :D

It’s pretty ridiculous, I recently cycled 100k across jellys, stalkerbots and wiles and only looted a single stalkerbot. I was totally fine with that though since it was pretty clear they were a rare drop, but then to see this happen while I was asleep seems like a slap across the face.

I mean wiles pristines were so rare that someone recently was paying 7K for one! Imagine that and seeing this now 😭

Gz to Vizz! If these are intentional then MA needs to stop and just trickle them in or increase overall drop rate during TWEN. Seeing so many drop in a small time span just makes everything else feel so unrewarding.

So let's clear this out, one player that hunts the golems for their pristine drops complains to the Cyrene devs that the drops are too low, they make a request to the incompetent MA team to "adjust" the drop rate, they do that. The complaining player gets 8 pristines in a couple of minutes as a result of the modification. Being incompetent the MA team not just fks up the golem drops but also the acidic and wiles ones.
What's the result total loss of trust in the MA capabilities, not to mention the direct proof that drops are not random, that at any time some of the most lame programmers MA has can pull the levers to direct loot to a certain player or another on request.
This is amazing to me to find this out, after playing this game since 2003.

This is what happens when Planet Partners put loot in to a loot pool table. System will automatically release it as soon as it's entered, or so it seems. When that no so random number generator hits a certain time it'll say, come on let's let it rain golden showers.

Neverdie confirmed in a faq once that Planet partners create the tables. Mindark does the rest.

It’s pretty ridiculous, I recently cycled 100k across jellys, stalkerbots and wiles and only looted a single stalkerbot. I was totally fine with that though since it was pretty clear they were a rare drop, but then to see this happen while I was asleep seems like a slap across the face.

I mean wiles pristines were so rare that someone recently was paying 7K for one! Imagine that and seeing this now 😭

Gz to Vizz! If these are intentional then MA needs to stop and just trickle them in or increase overall drop rate during TWEN. Seeing so many drop in a small time span just makes everything else feel so unrewarding.
Same feelings. Trying resperately hunt those rares for months and get like 1 rare. And then seeing something like this. + Having 80% tt-returns for weeks, melting ped card in light speed. While lucky people take maybe close to a million peds in one hour at robot event area. Trust is gone to Entropia for me.

It isn't just the pristine elements that were effected by this, I checked my loot from Mech Roots and most of the wave related items I was very dry for around 12 hours and then all of a sudden when those pristines were dropping like crazy I got a ton of tier components/brain oils/heart oils dropping like crazy. I normally loot maybe 3-4 brain oils a day, but after that "loot injection" I've looted 50+

ZnnfZhj.png

Not normal drop behavior at all for brain oils

This is what happens when Planet Partners put loot in to a loot pool table. System will automatically release it as soon as it's entered, or so it seems. When that no so random number generator hits a certain time it'll say, come on let's let it rain golden showers.

Neverdie confirmed in a faq once that Planet partners create the tables. Mindark does the rest.
Cyrene dev confirmed they have zero control over drop rates and only asked MA for Golem pristines to be adjusted, yet every pristine elements drop rate ended up being screwed up

kd3pm9u.png

Based on Shawna's response (cyrene dev), they had no idea what's going on either. Considering tomorrow is the start of the cyrene event it makes sense to me that perhaps MA decided to tweak some values before that event and this is the result. IF this is the case then its less so a happy hour and more of a result of the loot system being weird when changes are made to drops. Either way, not so great but at least I can stomach this more than if it was intended.

NO ras it makes no sense, it's just proof of how incompetent MA team is and how easy and without care they can fkup players.

Based on Shawna's response (cyrene dev), they had no idea what's going on either. Considering tomorrow is the start of the cyrene event it makes sense to me that perhaps MA decided to tweak some values before that event and this is the result. IF this is the case then its less so a happy hour and more of a result of the loot system being weird when changes are made to drops. Either way, not so great but at least I can stomach this more than if it was intended.
It just reeks of incompetency rather than intentional

Dam....another happy hour I miss :(:cry:😭

NO ras it makes no sense, it's just proof of how incompetent MA team is and how easy and without care they can fkup players.
To be clear I meant it makes sense to me HOW it could have happened. It's still a messed up situation and it should not happen like this. Based on last time there was no response from MA so I don't see why we would get one this time... We can hope that shawna get's an answer and can relay it to us at least

Check your privilege.

Wow

in the case of golem and wiles pristines this surely felt like a hardcap or someone had a 0 to much in the cycle requirement and when they 'adjusted' the release happened like it always does - meanwhile im still at 0 golem pristines while having the by far greatest cycle on them
but vizz deserved those, hes been on them consistently nearly every day
in the end someone who loots a twen gun still makes more mu - luck comes in a variety of forms

Very ineresting what Yazuki spottet, it either means mindark adjusted a range of droprates, they just 'upped' a multiplier for rare categories to impact overall release - or the rare loot wave is planetwide when it happens - so when you see these oil drops go up jump to where the valueable stuff is on the loot table and try.

Ok came to cyrene this morning for the event while doing daily killed like 110 small mobs and got 2x some item which is kind of rare but 2 in 110 kills something odd . I guess there's lots of money to be made by small player if they know what to hunt :D

To be clear I meant it makes sense to me HOW it could have happened. It's still a messed up situation and it should not happen like this. Based on last time there was no response from MA so I don't see why we would get one this time... We can hope that shawna get's an answer and can relay it to us at least

Its funny to read this kind of comments from the player looted 2 x Camo BGH in one of a previsious happy hour :D

Cyrene dev confirmed they have zero control over drop rates and only asked MA for Golem pristines to be adjusted, yet every pristine elements drop rate ended up being screwed up

kd3pm9u.png
they can make 1kkkk cases, brilliant ideea from VIZZ to turn them in for perfected armor, now they cannot remove them from him :D

Status
Back