Another try: 3D-print of Imperium Spec Lancer

Status
Maaaaaan! A lot of work for such a small part! I still don't know how good the 3D-print will copy small details.
Just to ensure me to not lose contact to reality I put another cigarette into the model ...

progress10d.jpg

All in all I am close to the end. The seat tomorrow. The engine block only is left than :)

kk ... I have to adjust some details too ... but that shouldn't be a major issue.

Last edited:
Got it! :)
progress11b.jpg

Okay, it's a bit simpel compared to the picture above. But keep in mind: It's hight is 21 mm only. It makes no sense to put too much effort in details.

progress11c.jpg

I will finish the cockpit now. Next - AND LAST - is the engine.

I like how it looks now! Hopefully you get the printer soon:)

The cockpit is done ... more or less:

progress11d.jpg

Only the engine is left :)

I've checked two actual tests of the PEARL 3D-printer. Unfortunately both were done by laypersons. No information about accuracy and quality. Only vague statements. Such folks shouldn't post tests at the internet! Especially if they speak officially for some print mediums.

Well, 800 Euro is a serious number. But I tend to buy one. Just to learn more about what's possible for that price. At least I got the info that the translation software could be improved for getting better results. That should happen during next weeks ;-)

Last edited:
I've checked MakeHuman as well. Trance mentioned it above. Well, it's very alphaish :)

makehuman.jpg

The number of triangles is nearly the same like Poser. But I made a model with jeans, shoes and hairs and exported it as STL. I prefer to use my old Poser ;-)

DANG! Order sent for the 3D-printer to PEARL. Now this becomes serious :)

Oh shit!
Down to rank 10 at the Atrox event :(
And still ~3 weeks to go. I have to hunt a bit more serious! At least to defend this rank 10! What a pitty! Let's see if I can pay for it with help from Bank NEVERDIE ...

Harrrrr!
loans.jpg
loans2.jpg

Hopefully it'll help a bit! The modelling of the engine must wait.

Last edited:
Woot! Back to rank 9 now at the Atrox event. But some folks are sitting at my neck :( I will have to put some more effort into it. Sort of without deposit :( All my usually deposit of the next months will go to pay the printer.

Okay, I started with the engine part. But not much to show here so far.

A video shows some difficaulties wich will come up with this printer. Let's see, what I'll get next week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5QXGzkbCco
That will cause serious problems at my model too.

Next delivery from PEARL is announced for tomorrow (29th August). Hopefully I am at this list :)

Last edited:
Woot! Back to rank 9 now at the Atrox event. But some folks are sitting at my neck :( I will have to put some more effort into it. Sort of without deposit :( All my usually deposit of the next months will go to pay the printer.

A video shows some difficaulties wich will come up with this printer. Let's see, what I'll get next week.

Next delivery from PEARL is announced for tomorrow (29th August). Hopefully I am at this list :)

Watched that movie.
I think this with the closed box and hot could be a real problem, for such things like the ears of the bunny. My idea to get a solution could be:

- open the box, if hot is no need about deforming/cooling .
- using a fan or other things to cool the ears, while it print that difficult part.

Dunno this can help. I only got this idea, by watching that movie. I think it needs some serious test about that.

Watched that movie.
I think this with the closed box and hot could be a real problem, for such things like the ears of the bunny. My idea to get a solution could be:

- open the box, if hot is no need about deforming/cooling .
- using a fan or other things to cool the ears, while it print that difficult part.

Dunno this can help. I only got this idea, by watching that movie. I think it needs some serious test about that.

yep ... I will get one of this next week. Guess I am one of the few who can make serious tests, what it's worth it :)

Too sad, many - too many - laypersons out there ... ***roll eyes***

Would be cool to compare my results and costs to this "professional" offer.

Last edited:
As far as I can see: No serious test of this cheap PEARL 3D-printer online. I am on with this theme since ten years. All this suckers who posted comments and videos don't have a serious glance of what we talk about. They are laypersons and idiots.

Not ONE of the magazines/blogs I've checked so far offers real help for potential customers. Blame them all!

I don't understand how folks can be THAT stupid ...

Last edited:
Stay tuned! I will post the full story here. From delivery to 3D-print.

Probably I can help trance by making some prints of her models? What do you think, Trance? Just to check out what's possible ...

I hereby invite everyone to make 3D-prints for material and shipping costs only. I want to learn. Because this will become a major theme soon!

The 3k competition of making a better 1:50 model than mine is still on ... go for it!

Last edited:
Stay tuned! I will post the full story here. From delivery to 3D-print.

Probably I can help trance by making some prints of her models? What do you think, Trance? Just to check out what's possible ...

I hereby invite everyone to make 3D-prints for material and shipping costs only. I want to learn. Because this will become a major theme soon!

The 3k competition of making a better 1:50 model than mine is still on ... go for it!

I have to check, what models i have and maybe are nice for a 3d print. Most time i create buildings for the MMO game i been working at.
what about a whale or a fast boat i created? the whale would be easy i think, but I'm more interested to make the fast boat.

Well some work done at the model today:

At least we have "a" rear part. Since I changed the ingame model according to the original sketch I had to develop my own version. Here comes a bigger picture with five orthogonal views:

Well, I still miss some details. But let's call it "my prototype". Before I put further work in it I will make some tests when I get the printer. Especially I don't know what support structures the software will add. The reason for such structures is: The printer needs a base to start printing. It cannot start in the air. For example under the rocket launchers and the wings. I am afraid it'll be neccessary to split the model dramatically. But right now it's clear: I cannot print it as one piece.

Another reason for splitting the model is: If the printer cannot handle the details, I would scale it by two. That means it would become bigger than the printer's working space is.

Last edited:
Looks amazing!! Very nice! :yay:

Well, the designer is someone called "Tum". He/she should be honored.
Anyway thank you, Alien. But it's still untouchable :) Let's wait how sad the print will look like ...

Last edited:
Dum dee dum dee doo ...
Still waiting for the printer :(

Meanwhile I got some globals for the Trox event. But not enough. Rank 9 isn't too comfortable. Still 15 days to go ...

Dum dee dum dee doo ...
Still waiting for the printer :(

Meanwhile I got some globals for the Trox event. But not enough. Rank 9 isn't too comfortable. Still 15 days to go ...
Go Jamira Go!!! :)

Harrrrr!

Monthly skill check: 416+ only? It seems MA cannot attract me to do more. Probably I will stay at this 215k overall skills (Arch Master Swordsman) ... I will just finish this Trox event and leave taxed LA for tax-free hunting (4% tax). Down at 94% return. That's not acceptable. I am really pissed off.

Yes, that would cause a few problems. No one like frozen 'mud'
Still catching up posts.... if you have heat problems like on the up load of the rabbit vid. You could experiment with retro fitting coolant of some description. I am still exploring which printer to get over here so will post if I find anything you have not noted on your thread.
looks like you are having fun drawing it all the same :)
Nice work and keep it up.

Indica

Well, still no printer here.
But back at rank 8 at the Trox event and 2 or 3 globals missing to catch up with the one ahead :) Not many globals today but some good ones. So I ended up at -65 PED from 6 hours hunting. That's okay for me.

Yes, that would cause a few problems. No one like frozen 'mud'
Still catching up posts.... if you have heat problems like on the up load of the rabbit vid. You could experiment with retro fitting coolant of some description. I am still exploring which printer to get over here so will post if I find anything you have not noted on your thread.
looks like you are having fun drawing it all the same :)
Nice work and keep it up.

Indica

One reason why I like this printer is: It isn't a construction kit :)

Before I start to tinker I will try out other things. I am curious if there is a possibility to adjust the printing speed. By chance it would help to lower it. Another solution could be to send the rabbit horizontal to the printer or make seperate parts of the ears. As mentioned above I am pretty sure I cannot avoid to split the model to several parts. REVELL - here we come ;)

Last edited:
Well, lil sis Kristin got some stuff for me today - lol!

atrox.jpg

Consider this 3D-geometry is way more complex than our avatars! What a shame!

I got some statues of my beloved Atroxes already. In my apartment at Medusa:

atrox_statue_01.jpg

And IRL from MA (Several years ago at Games Convention in Leipzig/Germany. Pirx was there as MA staff and gave it to me.):

klick it for enlarge

I think THIS will become my first test print :)

Last edited:
Aaaaaahhhhhrg!

Got a message from PEARL:
Next shipping: September 16th ...

What a pitty!

Well, saved Euro so far: 40,00 (no depo last week, but made a test depo of 10 Euro to show Kimmi how a Samsung Tab 10.1N works). kk ... got a very nice Radar Jacket ;)

I will save the next 50 Euro tomorrow :)

Hurray!

Got it sooner than announced!

printer01.jpg

Wow! That big? Well, after unpacking it became a bit smaller:

printer02.jpg

Quick unpacking 2.0:

printer03.jpg

Starting operation. Load material and heat it. All good so far. Now calibration. Bsssssst to the right. Bssssssst to the rear. RATTARATTARATTARATTA .... switch off. WHAT'S THAT????

Let's have a closer look:

printer04.jpg

OMFG! The end switch is broken!

Well, the service staff at PEARL Germany is availible until 8 pm. I called them and the message is: Send it back completely ... will take kinda 12 to 15 days to solve the problem.

I hate this sooo much!

Reactions: Zap
Status
Back