Any Strange signal yet?

How many old systems were reimplemented the same way they were before? I can't think of any (except for simplest ones like shooting a gun)
So can we really expect finding beacons by mining to be the same as the old system? I'll bet it's been dumbed down -- there won't be any bots guarding a spaceship, there won't be a button to press (which was hard the first time!), and there will be ZERO risk of the robot ship being stolen by someone else (which is probably what used to give me the biggest rush -- the risk of losing it)!

Unfortunately, it seems that you were spot on with this comment.
Time for me to sell a ton of ores and head back to Arkadia.

Yes it is limited to those areas and they will just pop up in your loot window.

I spent an hour or two last night doing this shit running around in circles and it did not loot once. I lost over 1k peds on that stupid shit trying to mine up a beacon. I'm not wasting anymore peds on this dumb "elusive beacon" I'll just "HoF" one from the auction house. It's much cheaper than trying to mine up one..

~Danimal

Mine in areas where there are robot ships flying above.

Or just tp someplace where there is absolutely no chance of running into anything remotely considered as robotic and find one on the ground, yep I found a 25PED beacon just sitting there winking at me!

Or just tp someplace where there is absolutely no chance of running into anything remotely considered as robotic and find one on the ground, yep I found a 25PED beacon just sitting there winking at me!

Dung it is then!:cool:

Kim, not a single person is happy with the beacon system.

We don't like how they're found, or where they're found. We don't like the mission (it's cool but only 8 boxes), and we certainly don't like the loot.

Just accept that you got this one very badly wrong and redo the system.

I cycled through k's of ped the other day looking for these only to find out now that you have to mine near a spaceship...cmon... serously?

Oh look people are whining like 8 year olds again why am i not suprised.

Oh look people are whining like 8 year olds again why am i not suprised.

The "funny" part is the mix of complaining about beacons not being in a spaceship guarded by robots anymore, taking away the risk part... mixed with the complaining about beacons only being found in robot-rich areas which are hard to mine because they are risky :rolleyes:

The "funny" part is the mix of complaining about beacons not being in a spaceship guarded by robots anymore, taking away the risk part... mixed with the complaining about beacons only being found in robot-rich areas which are hard to mine because they are risky :rolleyes:

Perhaps they changed from the "old way" (in which anyone could global by pressing the red button on a spaceship) because they got too many support case complaints about others looting their spaceship.

Just a possibility.

Either way, I've yet to hear of anyone looting one, so they must be deep in the ground or v hard to loot.
If they are only found in places surrounded by drones, then I'll never loot another one.

They should make it varying levels of difficulty to get to the robot spaceship, instead of the 1-2 drones, how about some ships having 3 segs guarding them.

and yes, please bring the ship back and have sooto's for them happen planetwide.

With the rate this is going we may as well mine near a ship and just get the resulting box loots from the beacon in our inventory automatically, who cares about actually doing the mission.....

They should make it varying levels of difficulty to get to the robot spaceship, instead of the 1-2 drones, how about some ships having 3 segs guarding them.

and yes, please bring the ship back and have sooto's for them happen planetwide.

With the rate this is going we may as well mine near a ship and just get the resulting box loots from the beacon in our inventory automatically, who cares about actually doing the mission.....

You can put 100 segs 10's around it, and any noob can still fly right next to the button with a vtol, hop out and press it before anything agros. And probably still have time to get back in the vtol...

You can put 100 segs 10's around it, and any noob can still fly right next to the button with a vtol, hop out and press it before anything agros. And probably still have time to get back in the vtol...

i second that:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Perhaps they changed from the "old way" (in which anyone could global by pressing the red button on a spaceship) because they got too many support case complaints about others looting their spaceship.

Just a possibility.
It is a possibility, but that haven't stopped them from making even more lootable PvP places where I guess they also get complaints several times/day of people who can't handle being looted...

I understand that you have you head shoved so far up MA's butt it's hard to understand simple things so I'll see if I can help.

Under the old system, anyone, mining anywhere on Calypso had a small chance of finding a beacon at any given time. If you did, then yes you had to deal with 1-3 drones from the ship. Now, you need to have the skills and guns and armour, to mine shitty areas, being swarmed with bots to have a slim hope of looting a beacon. Seems like yet another "up yours" to the miners from MA and Kim. "Either hunt or fuck off."

My only question is, has the guy running the planet ever done anything but hunt and PVP? Given what i've seen the past few months, i'm not even sure he's aware there are other things besides hunting. :rolleyes: Actually makes me miss Marco...at least he noticed there were 2 other major professions in EU. :rolleyes:

ummm how bout not!!!....This was something we could always have fun with and count on in VU 9 and before...It wasn't always easy to get to the ship and we had to find it quite often...I think It's a slap in the face to miners the way they have it now...

Seriously...do you guys have special meetings trying to come up with new ways to fuck up old systems that people liked and worked fine? Is there a special prize at the christmas party for the person that comes up with the dumbest idea of the year??
I would + rep this twice if I could.

maybe thats why it took so long to bring beacons back.. first they had to find a way to piss miners off (again)... then a way to piss hunters off.. by adding loot equal to less than 50% wasted ammo on the missions.. i actually waited spacecrafts back looooong time.. and now they struck with another fail... "ofc i wanna kill 30 robots in between every bomb i drop"

Just another bitter pill for miners to swallow....so the saying goes in english

Spent the entire day now killing bots and dropping bombs underneath the ships... crap ore... many nrf... and no beacon

Was just wondering if anyone has actually looted a beacon yet?

I wonder about the same! Where is the strange signals??? Even when im so online long time awtching the global chat to maybe see a spacecraft global, but no way!

Is beacon really back? someone?

I stumbled across this thread earlier... and quickly grabbed my F105 and a lvl 8 amp and headed to Jason...mining among the robots SUCKS... but they are easy to kill at least... and on ya... while I was there I found not one.. but THREE BEACONS in the same window.. 25, 29, and 35 pedders!!

Thanks MA... so they are up and running ok? Havn't been on one since the upgrade.

XZC

EDIT: I think they might be for sale if anyone is interested in any of them... might keep one.

print_screen_2012-01-17_11-10-40_922202.jpg

I stumbled across this thread earlier... and quickly grabbed my F105 and a lvl 8 amp and headed to Jason...mining among the robots SUCKS... but they are easy to kill at least... and on ya... while I was there I found not one.. but THREE BEACONS in the same window.. 25, 29, and 35 pedders!!

Well, unamped ~ 200 probes, no globals or beacons in either jason or tukar. So I guess big amps => beacons.

Back