Anyone else frusturated?

Hey,

Anyone else frustrated by how active the compet representatives are on this forum. Could they possibly devot any resources to the game that got them here. You remember, Entropia?

I do wonder if there will be an opportunity for those who have never owned a Compet deed to try out the new shiny thing before the official launch.

Until then, I skim read Compet threads.

Entropia Universe still gets maintained and bug fixed, but new content before October is likely to be sparse I'm thinking.

Two very different games with two very different market appeals. Not everyone at MA will be working on Compets.

I understand that there are different teams for the game, but the responses are lightning fast for compet. Why can't there be something similar for EU?

Blocked everything that relates to ComPets, but this crap still gets through the filters.
Annoying indeed.

I do wonder if there will be an opportunity for those who have never owned a Compet deed to try out the new shiny thing before the official launch.

Entropia Universe still gets maintained and bug fixed, but new content before October is likely to be sparse I'm thinking.

Two very different games with two very different market appeals. Not everyone at MA will be working on Compets.

I'm near certain you can try the beta without a deed... I sure did after I sold mine..

Its not anything special tho, the bonus draw was that you could withdraw cash.. But you can't. So it's the same as all the other pokemon apps out there...

May as well keep the deeds for now, once it goes live and we see a return the value of deeds will go up. Sell then.

They've probably stopped withdrawals because it's in beta. No good allowing them if there was bug that allowed someone to use an exploit to generate the cash.

I'm not surprised they're answering stuff about Compet as they've bet the farm on it being a success. Plus it's their baby not something that they've inherited from someone else who isn't with the company anymore.

Do the new bugs introduced last patch count? They certainly outnumber bugs fixed.

May as well keep the deeds for now, once it goes live and we see a return the value of deeds will go up. Sell then.

I only say this now because all of mine are sold: sell now/ right before game launches to people with this mindset who think as with other deeds price will increase. $12 for 1/200,000th of 30% of the app..... The numbers are hugely inflated in the supposed graphs.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/03/11/the-surprising-numbers-behind-apps/ From the Wall Street Journal
"63% of the apps used daily now differ from those used daily a year ago." and "According to a survey of app developers by GigaOM Pro, 34% made less than $15,000 in income. A majority, 65%, make less than $35,000. And just 12% make more than $100,000."

How in the world is a game that people are already finding extremely boring and grindy going to ever make enough money to justify $12 (or more) for 1/200,00th of 30% of it's income?

I don't know at all what kind of crazy Game of War or Clash of Clans hit everyone thinks this is going to be. Even if it is an average app and some people play it, those numbers are harsh and very bad when thinking about ROI.

Just my two cents.

**Edit** Just wanted to show the math for those too lazy.
Say it is in the TOP 12% and makes $100,000 in one year, wow this app is amazing!
$100,000/200,000 Deeds = A MERE $.50 a DEED
But it gets worse! You get 30% of that gross income!
$.50*.3 = $.15 a YEAR PER DEED ?!?!
$12/$.15 = 80 years for original investment back

Same above math done for ComPet making ONE MILLION A YEAR
$1,000,000/200,000 = $5
$5*.3 = $1.5 a year per deed
$12/$1.5 = 8 years for original investment back

Wow, one million dollars for eight years running just to make the amount you spent back!

Take the 20% you can get now if you bought at 100 or sell for 125 and make 5 PED, best thing you can do IMO.

Last edited:
Hey,

Anyone else frustrated by how active the compet representatives are on this forum. Could they possibly devot any resources to the game that got them here. You remember, Entropia?

You haven't heard of their grand master plan to give away knives on twitch? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, it does give me hope that they haven't given up on EU, and hopefully have some plans for the future.

I only say this now because all of mine are sold: sell now/ right before game launches to people with this mindset who think as with other deeds price will increase. $12 for 1/200,000th of 30% of the app..... The numbers are hugely inflated in the supposed graphs.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/03/11/the-surprising-numbers-behind-apps/ From the Wall Street Journal
"63% of the apps used daily now differ from those used daily a year ago." and "According to a survey of app developers by GigaOM Pro, 34% made less than $15,000 in income. A majority, 65%, make less than $35,000. And just 12% make more than $100,000."

How in the world is a game that people are already finding extremely boring and grindy going to ever make enough money to justify $12 (or more) for 1/200,00th of 30% of it's income?

I don't know at all what kind of crazy Game of War or Clash of Clans hit everyone thinks this is going to be. Even if it is an average app and some people play it, those numbers are harsh and very bad when thinking about ROI.

Just my two cents.

**Edit** Just wanted to show the math for those too lazy.
Say it is in the TOP 12% and makes $100,000 in one year, wow this app is amazing!
$100,000/200,000 Deeds = A MERE $.50 a DEED
But it gets worse! You get 30% of that gross income!
$.50*.3 = $.15 a YEAR PER DEED ?!?!
$12/$.15 = 80 years for original investment back

Same above math done for ComPet making ONE MILLION A YEAR
$1,000,000/200,000 = $5
$5*.3 = $1.5 a year per deed
$12/$1.5 = 8 years for original investment back

Wow, one million dollars for eight years running just to make the amount you spent back!

Take the 20% you can get now if you bought at 100 or sell for 125 and make 5 PED, best thing you can do IMO.

Charles you are probably a much smarter guy than me, however this post is misleading. The numbers that quote are about how much an individual app developer earns and are from q1 2013 in a post that forecasts the app market share to double from $25b in 2013 to $50b in 2015.

rxKu1ca.jpg

Last edited:

There has been since the first start of the beta, maybe you should read some of those compet threads? :)

I sure am. Its like a kick in the nuts to see all of this active support for something completely different when people have been practically begging here for support of this game. People have even quit and left entirely due to this issue.

We have been promised in past yearly communications that we would see more communications....we haven't.

To be quite honest it is sickening to see MA run things like this, nearly criminal, and I wonder how consumer laws would interpret the situation. I literally have not had one support case answered in over 6 months.

If Entropia is not in their interests or passion anymore MA should sell it to a team that would take the job seriously.

It's in google play shop https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindark.compet

Anyway, the way I see it that we will still get an update in summer, probably more from PP than MA and another after summer. MA is trying to get compet ready for proper launch so yes they do have it at top priority list. They hoping that compet being unique (as you can earn real money) will bring in a big crowd. Also, this will get people to find about EU and hopefully play this game. Also, if compets do take off as much as they hoping it will this will also get other investors interested in compet, EU and platform. They have not given up on EU, they just using other directions to get more investors.

Hey,

seeing lots of treads with 20 + pages about entropia no gives a shit, No reply, no action
1 reply in compet there are more mindark officials replying than actual "players"
Yes I am frustrated.

EU seems to have become an investment platform with fees for hunting, mining & crafting.
If this is the way MA sees it, then most of what MA does makes sense to me.

Charles you are probably a much smarter guy than me, however this post is misleading. The numbers that quote are about how much an individual app developer earns and are from q1 2013 in a post that forecasts the app market share to double from $25b in 2013 to $50b in 2015.

rxKu1ca.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tristanlouis/2013/08/10/how-much-do-average-apps-make/#19cf89c912cb

Taken from Forbes, also 2013 data but....

"Average Monthly Revenue per App is <$4000" Taken from the chart.

4 * 12 = $48,000 a year on average, not good when thinking about ComPet Deeds.

I feel like I must be missing something for why everyone is so quick to gobble them up. If anyone can enlighten me please feel free.

But is that data from freemium games alone or apps in general that are one off purchases.

I sure am. Its like a kick in the nuts to see all of this active support for something completely different when people have been practically begging here for support of this game. People have even quit and left entirely due to this issue.

We have been promised in past yearly communications that we would see more communications....we haven't.

To be quite honest it is sickening to see MA run things like this, nearly criminal, and I wonder how consumer laws would interpret the situation. I literally have not had one support case answered in over 6 months.

If Entropia is not in their interests or passion anymore MA should sell it to a team that would take the job seriously.

I have 2 open from march. one being important because 5k from my ped flow center did not appear on my ped card.

seeing lots of treads with 20 + pages about entropia no gives a shit, No reply, no action
1 reply in compet there are more mindark officials replying than actual "players"
Yes I am frustrated.

I am glad someone understood my post :)

Hey,

YES. Absolutely agree with you 100%. And this is coming from an approximately top 10 active player (Hunting wise) in this game in the last ~2 years, not just an occasional player who spends more time just chilling on the forums. This is in my opinion, going off EL stats. If you don't agree with me, you don't have to. Not the point.

Point is I 100% agree with Hammer here as a very very active player over the last couple years. This is totally noticeable right away even to an occasional forum visitor. Extremely discouraging and a big part of a reason why I personally am not a big fan of investing in much of anything with huge MU in this game. Too much risk and too little support for players as it stands now

Cheers

Last edited:
Bad support from mindark been a true circumstance since i started over 12 years ago. Never did it improve much. Even when calypso was run as a seperate company with Skam being community manager did it not run well , yes it did for the first 1 - 2 months untill she was almost non-existant on the forum and everything went back to the old same. (Knowing Skam for years prior, i was very dissapointed with how that turned out)

With planet calypso back in the hand of Mindark, its really back to old roots again. Support is really bad. they do react to stuff like Goldcard issues and etc. fast. but everything else... Nope.

I give them thumbs up for the calypso advicers in the game, they seem very involved and their presence is clearly positive. but that is all

Expect nothing, hope for more. That ensures you no dissapointment

Even when calypso was run as a seperate company with Skam being community manager did it not run well , yes it did for the first 1 - 2 months untill she was almost non-existant on the forum and everything went back to the old same. (Knowing Skam for years prior, i was very dissapointed with how that turned out)t

Unfortunately this was nothing to do with Hanne, it was to do with MA imposing "their rule" on community engagement & communication.

She was unfortunate getting involved at the time of SEE/FPC, but MA's management style effectively crushed someone's spirit out of the game.

On topic, I'm no more frustrated now than I have been before with MA as a support vehicle - they never do support. The fact that they have 5 or 6 fake-named posters on the compets subsection, of a forum called "Planet Calypso Forum" should tell you all you need to know about compets. I dumped the 10 deeds I had even before the IPO price hike because it's got "failed enterprise" written all over it. Little Timmy Pokemon master doesn't give a shit about a fully functioning VR economy - because he's going to grow up and find out about girls.

MA really need to focus on the platform which has provided them a foundation - or that foundation will disappear.

It's important the compet goes live and starts to earn revenue. That's good for EU and compet, if real money is floating around.

Personally I feel the MA comment that the "game is ready and needs a little testing", is total bollocks. It's no where near ready under the hood. Unless MA are testing parts of the coding, although I doubt it.

Not to mention there's no chat functionality yet. People have invested in deeds and stables it is A1 priority to justify any future deed issues. Look on the bright side whilst they're working on Compet, they're not selling off the TP's....lol

I've seen better game apps, although the RCE element will allow it to get away with that somewhat.

I think MA have different teams working on projects anyhow, EU is not forgotten.

Rick

It seems MA made the decision long ago to cut off communication with the players entirely (except for Strongbox/Event related communication, of course). Has nothing to do with ComPets. Has more to do with the community rolling over and accepting it.

What stings me even more than the devs being active on the ComPets forum, is all the community members actively playing/financially supporting ComPets.

Personally I can't wait to watch that whole enterprise crash and burn.

If EU burns with it, then so be it. Not interested in a game that's being run by a company so incompetent/un-motivated that their only option for profit was a last ditch effort at a pokemon rip-off.

It seems MA made the decision long ago to cut off communication with the players entirely. Has nothing to do with ComPets. Has more to do with the community rolling over and accepting it.

What stings me even more than the devs being active on the ComPets forum, is all the community members actively playing/financially supporting ComPets.

Personally I can't wait to watch that whole enterprise crash and burn.

If EU burns with it, then so be it. Not interested in a game that's being run by a company so incompetent/un-motivated that their only option for profit was a last ditch effort at a pokemon rip-of.

What they could've gone for is a smaller version of EU for tablets, especially as tablets are almost as powerful as PC's these days. Maybe they will.

It's far too easy to push the blame on compets. I felt upset..errr I should I say robbed about the whole "implied value" in rings saga. Not to mention a massive list of other issues.

For me the slippery slope was when MA told us there was no "loot pool" regardless what people believed, it was "hope" that kept players in there (maybe just maybe you might claw some back), MA just didn't understand how their own players "think"

Next was the attributes "don't really have any value" when trying to decide if taking attribute rewards or skills for mission rewards.....For Christ sake....how to kill motivation and belief.

So sorry, the game is killing the game, no one else or compet.

Rick

Frustrated ? Neh not anymore, found an easy cure. Take long breaks and enjoy other games, 10x more fun than Entropia. On and off I still play a bit, but after a month the frustration sets in and then it is time for another break. I know Mindark doesn't give a fuck about this community, even they pretend to do. They have proven that many times in the past. So I am about to take another long break, lol.

On a side note: I have to hand it to Minark that they now have the honor, of being entered in school books at my daughters collage. ( She is in her final year of becoming an programmer / game artist. )

Mindark and Entropia Universe have become teaching material on that collage. As a sample on how definitely not to program a game. The bugs and programming mistakes are discussed and suggestions given on how to solve and avoid them. :wtg:

Last edited:
i bet here are a few people who know quite a bit bout programming... why dont they do some kind of clone of this game and improve the stuff that could be easily fixed and do some advertising. it could take the whole community and start big easily. i would switch at the minute a game like that with at least a tiny bit of support and actual bug fixing and caring bout the game would be released. no ragrets

i bet here are a few people who know quite a bit bout programming... why dont they do some kind of clone of this game and improve the stuff that could be easily fixed and do some advertising. it could take the whole community and start big easily. i would switch at the minute a game like that with at least a tiny bit of support and actual bug fixing and caring bout the game would be released. no ragrets

Yeah.. been done.
More than once over the years.
Look around and you'll find them soon enough.

From what I've seen, these attempts to create an 'Entropa clone' never seem to make it out of the 'development phase'.

Yeah.. been done.
More than once over the years.
Look around and you'll find them soon enough.

From what I've seen, these attempts to create an 'Entropa clone' never seem to make it out of the 'development phase'.

ye i have seen one that looked like exactly the same as EU but was non RCE as it was testing phase... was only 2 guys making it or so... i suppose they are having troubles getting the RCE to work. must be a lot of work to get a license or whatever needed. that may be the reason why many of these games stopped the development...

Back