Anyone else not getting email from PCF ?

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
Hi All :)

We are trying to do a password rest for an account - but we are not getting the email with the password reset.

I checked with my hosting company to see if I can add @planetcalypsoforum.com to a whitelist of something - and they say the email is not being delivered as the MX records for the domain name planetcalypsoforum.com are pointing at an IP address, which they say is invalid. They shouldbe looking at an A NAME record etc

Is this just a peculiarity with my hosting company, and other are getting email through from the forum?

Cheers

Safara

I recieved an email notifying me of a new PM this morning. Gmail address via a .co.uk domain.

I recieved an email notifying me of a new PM this morning. Gmail address via a .co.uk domain.
Cheers Oleg.
Looks I am going to have to move host tempoarily to get a Password reset email.

Cheers Oleg.
Looks I am going to have to move host tempoarily to get a Password reset email.
I tryed to reset my password few weeks ago and i did not get the mail. I tryed again last week with same result. I havent tested in new forum.

Hi All :)

We are trying to do a password rest for an account - but we are not getting the email with the password reset.

I checked with my hosting company to see if I can add @planetcalypsoforum.com to a whitelist of something - and they say the email is not being delivered as the MX records for the domain name planetcalypsoforum.com are pointing at an IP address, which they say is invalid. They shouldbe looking at an A NAME record etc

Is this just a peculiarity with my hosting company, and other are getting email through from the forum?

Cheers

Safara

The DNS was changed to point to this new server two days ago, so there is a chance your ISP has not updated its DNS info for the planetcalypsoforum.com domain yet.

I tryed to reset my password few weeks ago and i did not get the mail. I tryed again last week with same result. I havent tested in new forum.
Ah, good to hear, in a way, that I am not the only one :)
The DNS was changed to point to this new server two days ago, so there is a chance your ISP has not updated its DNS info for the planetcalypsoforum.com domain yet.
Cheers for the info 711 - MX Toolbox and Google Dig still report the MX to be looking at an IP address rather than a C NAME pointing at the IP Address. That is the issue.
Looking at my historic email, I can see that this started happening around May 2017, as this is when I stopped getting email from the forum.
Corroborated by looking at the DNS history for the domain name, it was around 26th May that the MX was changed to point at an IP Address.

I note that the MX records have been changed.

And have now recieved the password reset email.

Many thanks :)

Back