Question: Anyone tested range enhancers?

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
And willing to share results? I am thinking of doing a test but finding it hard to grab these enhancers at decent MU... :mad:

I'm pretty sure there are a few people using them (probably for indoor mining), hence the high tiered F105s floating around on auction once in a while.

Just wondering if anyone has some data to share on long term hit rate, breakage rate, TT return etc.

Also please PM me if you craft these enhancers (low lvl I-III) and want a buyer :)

yes

I did and it was a complete waste of ped. spent like 40 ped for range enhancers just to see how far they extend range.... it took me from a 54M radius to 55.5M... practically nothing. Out of the six I bought one degraded after two runs, so I put them back up on auction. Totally not worth it.

I did and it was a complete waste of ped. spent like 40 ped for range enhancers just to see how far they extend range.... it took me from a 54M radius to 55.5M... practically nothing. Out of the six I bought one degraded after two runs, so I put them back up on auction. Totally not worth it.

Well remember that your finder searches in a circle so 1.5M more is actually covering a lot more surface area than it sounds like.

yes, an extra 5%. I did the maths. Still not worth it to me considering how expensive they are.

yes, an extra 5%. I did the maths. Still not worth it to me considering how expensive they are.

Are you using a limited finder? You should almost never use enhancers on limited items because of the increased break rate. I haven't noticed a horrible break rate on unlimited finders, but I' haven't done formal testing on them yet either. I'd be interested to see what the breakeven point would be in terms of markup for these.

Are you using a limited finder? You should almost never use enhancers on limited items because of the increased break rate. I haven't noticed a horrible break rate on unlimited finders, but I' haven't done formal testing on them yet either. I'd be interested to see what the breakeven point would be in terms of markup for these.

Yeah would love to know that as well. Let me know if you do test break rate :p

Back