Question: Anyone tiered up an opallo yet?

My point is it is super eco ya we all know but low damage :( . What if all the enhancers fix that? Super eco low ammo burn high damage, excellent range on top of? Were not talking a gun to take down Dasp for sure but a nice eco trox gun I can see :)

And you may could fit a bigger amp than a A101 to a so modified opalo.

Maybe the biggest advantages of this tier's to move some weapons for example the maddox IV to a bigger amp. In the case of the Maddox from Beast to Dante for example

Maybe the biggest advantages of this tier's to move some weapons for example the maddox IV to a bigger amp. In the case of the Maddox from Beast to Dante for example

yes, i am very intrested in this to :p

Originally Posted by Immortal said:
I'm quite shocked people think opalo is in any way 'eco'. What information exactly are they basing this idea on? It never was eco, it never had good damage per pec, it's low dps meant fap and armor decay are higher than other weapons. What's this big secret that seems to have eluded me?

Indeed, this is a common misconception. The Opalo is one of the least eco guns in the game.

Most people seem to think that playing cheap is the same as playing eco. It is not.

And, while I don't know yet what capabilities a Tier 10 Opalo will have, I find it very difficult to believe that it will be more eco after the cost of enhancers is taken into account. Tests done on the damage enhancers already indicate that ammo consumption and decay are increased proportionally so that the base damage/pec remains the same. That means that, unless you get the enhancers for free, damage/pec can only go down by using enhancers.

Yeah right, I remember when nearly every low-midlevel hunter used Opalos with A104 or bigger amps to hunt - even big mobs in Team with opalos was quiet common until MA introduced the amp nerve.

But all these Opalo hunter where totally uneco hunting with their amped opalos and all the complains in EF about loot went south because of amped opalos is all something I daydreamed about. No offence but I think you two where at that time also already using the Service MA provided.

PS: OK at that time there where not somuch SIB weapons in game as today so this surelyc hanges the eco of opalo against low markup rikers (L)

Yeah right, I remember when nearly every low-midlevel hunter used Opalos with A104 or bigger amps to hunt - even big mobs in Team with opalos was quiet common until MA introduced the amp nerve.

But all these Opalo hunter where totally uneco hunting with their amped opalos and all the complains in EF about loot went south because of amped opalos is all something I daydreamed about. No offence but I think you two where at that time also already using the Service MA provided.

PS: OK at that time there where not somuch SIB weapons in game as today so this surelyc hanges the eco of opalo against low markup rikers (L)

The benefit is a sib UL all ones can afford.

Just a FYI: When you slap an enhancer on the item the stats affected by it go from the standard blue to orange (just like when you slap an amp on a weapon), meaning the game considers those stats "modified", thus my educated guess is that enhancers do not make it possible to attach bigger amps than a certain base item would allow before, since the damage increase of the amp is dependant on the base stats of the item, not the modified ones.

Ah of course, I do forget these things. I should have stated that if the goal of upgrading the weapon in the context of increasing power-to-ped output, then there are alternatives available that outshines the opalos performance.

Of course there are bigger weapons to shoot bigger mobs to get bigger loot. I also recognize that shooting weapons with higher ammo burn causes one's skills to increase faster. However, we also know that staying out there longer periods of time allows a hunter to ride through the swings in the loot drops. Sometimes, the pedflow just isn't on my ped card to be able to do that with say an H400 or so. I would rather skill slow than not skill at all.

Loots I've got with an opalo:

514 ped Berycled Old
2,275 ped Daikiba Mature
8,500 ped Molisk Scout (before the regen nerf)

I think that's rather shiny for an opalo. :laugh:

Hugs,
Aliana

Didn't Marco mention something about a tier x opallo? i have searched the forum but cant find it if someone finds it can you please post the link to what he said.

thanks

Didn't Marco mention something about a tier x opallo? i have searched the forum but cant find it if someone finds it can you please post the link to what he said.

thanks

He said a tier 10 opalo is "a sight to see", but it was just an example. :rolleyes:

do yoy know which post that was in please, i would like to read it

There's nothing wrong with it, but if you spend money on upgrading an Opalo when you could just buy a better gun, you are an idiot.

Yeah thanks for calling me an idiot.

Yeah i teired up a SGA Opalo. And you know what. I did it becouse It is the most simple of Weapons avalible. it is (UL) and with a amp can still get about 10 damage. And with enhancers can most likely top even more dmg. It will all be at the same cost as more enhancers are added. as far as price to shoot.

And here is a little something smart.. Most low level Mobs right now are very profitable to kill. why.. Well most the low level teir componets drop from low level mobs. So if your killing with a (UL) gun vs. Troxes. guess what you will still need to buy the same Teir I Componets that are dropping from low level mobs. to upgrade any item to teir 1.

What other gun can you buy? that has 200 ammo burn and can allow you to play forever, and still get loot that you can sell at an overpriced mark-up?

Booya The opalo. :D

Last edited:

Yes, it used to be eco to use Opalo+104, but since the amp nerf and the introduction of widespread (L) weapons, the Opalo has been a poor option for all but the lowest skilled.

I guess the question is whether the Opalo can now once again become as useful as it was back then. From what I have learnt so far, I don't think it will.

Yeah thanks for calling me an idiot.

Yeah i teired up a SGA Opalo.

I'm not talking about Opalo SGA. In fact the Opalo SGA is a perfect example of a weapon that's better and cheaper than tiering a regular Opalo.

off topic but i have 3 tier 0.9 opalos i'm willing to part with if anyone was planning on tiering up an opalo... they are hand picked and have all very good tier upgrade numbers (all/most over 100), PM me your offer.

Just to also let you guys know. There is progressive level system on teiring, the higher your level becomes on teiring up gear the better your success rate. It might be better to grind up your levels on lower cost items before attempting to teir up really expencive items.

Starting low on items like an opalo might be more ECO for the leveling up of teirs. becouse if you fail on something big. it will hurt. practice on the low level stuff and get your skill up. then aim for the high end items.

I took a leap of faith to upgrade the SGA opallo. and it did pay off. as in i upgraded successful on 1st attempt. my buddy however tried to upgrade a orefinder and failed and lost his ass on all the mats needed to upgrade. i lost my ass becouse i financed some of his Teir I Componets. The price to upgrade is High.

The reward to get a high teir low level item. is all dependant on play style. I dont have much money so i tend to stay within my low level range. But i dont want to Grind without reward. so i upgrade teir. So i can grind out another .9 minor teirs. And i am contributing to the distruction of the supply by upgrading to a new teir. thus allowing the supply to be worth a little more to those gathering, buying and reselling the mats needed.

There is not that many Thrill Seekers in this game right now that are willing to go all out for fame and glory. I am sorry but Teiring (L) items is no real accheivment. this is why on the HOF List Unless you have Teired a (L) item to Teir 10. (UL) Items take the top of the list on teir 1 upgrades.

Me I am not a thrill Seeker, but no one else is seeking the rewards at any cost required. So i Feel if i Teir the most Common item avalible, Opallo. But i am going with the SGA Version becouse lets be honest SGA is way more rewarding to own than a run of the mill opallo. Then i will In fact Gather the nesisary information needed to guide others to the rewards and pitfalls of the new system.

And I see good things. but I also see a long and expencive road ahead. But the expensies are mostly going to other players. and MA is not seeing much of the money from this other than the TT values. The players are making the money currently. And that is good economics.

I'm not talking about Opalo SGA. In fact the Opalo SGA is a perfect example of a weapon that's better and cheaper than tiering a regular Opalo.

Ah then i retract my statement. at least on me thinking of hating you lol.

But yeah This is mainly why i picked SGA. I would rather Get a SGA Item teired over a normal item. becouse SGA is already a collector item.

Shoot i teired a SGA opallo 2 days i think before the regular opallo was Teired lol. I hear the Range of SGA opalo is slightly better than the normal opalo. :D

But it is still the same gun.

But i wouldnt call it cheeper :p

What I mean is, buying an SGA Opalo is cheaper than tiering a regular Opalo, at current prices.

True. but calculate the TT value of teiring up. and take blazer fragments out of the mix, and farm them yourself. and then recalculate the price to upgrade. Prices are very high currently. and the more people not teiring waiting for prices to go down the lower the price to teir becomes.

Then once the price is met you will see a huge buy of the stuff needed to teir up. and then prices will fly back up.

This is why i mentioned there is no thrillseekers willing to do something new. If 7 people upgraded teirs right now. the supply of the mats would Drop and prices raise. keeping other people out of the teiring profession until all the ATH Teir accheved are gone. Its all about Glory right now and not cost.

The prices are high to keep people from Glory, Teir II Componets are Cheep. only Market investors are buying em ATM

Teir (Roman) Componets are only used in the upgrade teirs, not used in crafting as far as i know. dont expect to kill a Trox for a TIIIC and expect someone to buy it to use it until the TIC market is Saturated and people have Teired enough items to T1.

There's nothing wrong with it, but if you spend money on upgrading an Opalo when you could just buy a better gun, you are an idiot.

wow oleg thanks for supporintg the commuinty of new ppl :(

wow oleg thanks for supporintg the commuinty of new ppl :(

If you don't want to benefit from my experience and knowledge, you are welcome to not read my posts.

It is impossible to say right know if a tiered up opallo is going to be "eco", because we don't have all the fact about breaking point and the long term markup on the enhancers. And what weapon that is "eco" is diffrent between players, if i don't have the skill to max a weapon that weapon will never be "eco" for me. So if the opallo is the only UL sib weapon i can afford and don't want to start over tiering up a new L weapon each time i buy a new low markup weapon the opallo can be a good weapon hunting low level mobs.

Last edited:
It's like a variant of the George Carlin Driver Theory:

Everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, everybody who drives faster than you is a maniac.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Hey...question i got. regardless of if its crazy or not to even tier, what happens when SGA is over and no more SGA opalos drop? what if you never reach tier 10 with your opalo because they all broke? If you are going to dump money into this quest, why not just use TT opalo? just a thought...

Who Has the highest Tier Opallo?

and what would a tier 10 opallo be worth? (i want one)

Who Has the highest Tier Opallo?

and what would a tier 10 opallo be worth? (i want one)

Tier 10 opalo would be pretty worthless. As far as I know, there are no Tier 5 weapons yet

Tier 10 opalo would be pretty worthless. As far as I know, there are no Tier 5 weapons yet

It might be used as a low cost/shoot tagger with range enhancers?

Price would be relative to supply and demand, so not necessarily worthless.

weapon enhancers are worthless atm with their high MU, 1000 shots and they start breaking, and at 1000% thats pretty damn expensive. as soon as people realize this and stop buying them the price will go down =P

Reactions: Wed
It might be used as a low cost/shoot tagger with range enhancers?

Maybe, but with items available at TT that reach 77m@ 4pec, what would be the point

Wait we're talking about people who play EU here, nvm :scratch2:

weapon enhancers are worthless atm with their high MU, 1000 shots and they start breaking, and at 1000% thats pretty damn expensive. as soon as people realize this and stop buying them the price will go down =P

this post made me giggle, i wouldnt say something at 1000% markup isn´t worthless, but rather useless :laugh: But i got you point anyway ;)

Back