Appartement owners fu....

I think storage was needed on CND just like alot of people did. I think it will create a more vibrant atmosphere up there. In turn it should help shop owners a bit more if there is a bigger population there.

I bought a CND apartment not too long ago. I did`nt consider it too be that expensive that I`d lose out even if it disappeared. But then I bought mine with profit from my proffessions in game and got a pretty good deal I think.

The hard thing for me to swallow regarding any so called investment in EU is that the eula in itself is the biggest impediment for me. I would feel silly to bank on anything as it is written and there is good reason they write it the way they do for their own protection. Some people just learn this later rather than sooner. Perhaps more decisions should be made after re-reading the eula and then asking oneself if it still sounds like a wise thing to do.

As to the op hopefully you can rest in the fact that you at least had the chance to make a few ped with the venture up until now. If it was`nt too many apartments the loss should`nt be that big anyhow.

You would think that storage on CND would make more profit in taxes for ND because of more people coming to CND and staying for a bit.

Correct,and keep in mind that no storage majorly helped increase the sales of appartments and there are so many of them, not to mention that they created a main source in retrieving a large amount of his initial investment in the CND deal.

fu..?

Fuck you??

Up ya chuff then mate, Im an appt owner, and maybe you should watch your manners if thats what you meant! :mad:

Tosser :mad:

Relax dj I think he means fucked up :D

post removed

Last edited:
hmm id like to find my apt :(

WHERE ARE BILTON TOWERS MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oi maybe we are some uber place now they are still constructing...YAY :yay::yay::yay:

Overall MA did kind of screw over the people who owned apartments simply because the sole reason many owned a CND apartment is because of the lack of CND storage. The justification for selling them at a higher price was because CND did not have any storage.

Once space opens, new planets launch, and advertisements for EU start, the size of the overall EU player base will increase dramatically, as a result, the value of a lot of things will rise again, including CND apartments.

No matter what, there will always be a certain % of the EU population that wants to "live" on CND. If you take that % and multiply it by a continuously increasing EU population combined with a fixed number of CND apartments, you have the perfect environment for CND apartments to rise in value over time.

For right now though, their value will take a hit over the short term. From an investment standpoint, we are quickly coming upon a good time to buy. A lot of people might identify that opportunity and start buying which could help maintain a reasonable value in CND apartments for now.

I like your optimistic view, max :thumbup:

But the pessimist i am, i can only think about how mayn apps are on CND and that it will probably take 10 years of a growing population to get enough citizen up there:laugh:

I like your optimistic view, max :thumbup:

But the pessimist i am, i can only think about how mayn apps are on CND and that it will probably take 10 years of a growing population to get enough citizen up there:laugh:

Nah. The majority of them are sitting on inactive avatars. I wouldn’t sweat it m8.

Besides that, the value of your CND shops is gonna go through the roof, probably double or triple what they are now.

CND apartments will go down a few hundred ped in value. Whatever losses you take from your apartments will more then be made up for with your gains on CND shops. If you hold those, you will make thousands and thousands of ped, possibly tens of thousands of ped.

Your two CND shops were worth about 5-6K ped each before VU10.0

By this time next year they should be worth 10-20K each.

If you are truly a pessimist then I would be happy to buy your shops from you for 5K PED each :D

:lolup: remind EU is dynamic :lolup:

I'm glad for the change.

I am happy that there's more storage available. Stop crying. If you owned an apartment you got a free personal storage terminal (L), and the 100 item boxes too. I'll gladly take those off your hands at TT prices if you don't want em.

I just wished the personal storage terminals were not (L)

Last edited:
Overall MA did kind of screw over the people who owned apartments simply because the sole reason many owned a CND apartment is because of the lack of CND storage. The justification for selling them at a higher price was because CND did not have any storage.

Once space opens, new planets launch, and advertisements for EU start, the size of the overall EU player base will increase dramatically, as a result, the value of a lot of things will rise again, including CND apartments.

No matter what, there will always be a certain % of the EU population that wants to "live" on CND. If you take that % and multiply it by a continuously increasing EU population combined with a fixed number of CND apartments, you have the perfect environment for CND apartments to rise in value over time.

For right now though, their value will take a hit over the short term. From an investment standpoint, we are quickly coming upon a good time to buy. A lot of people might identify that opportunity and start buying which could help maintain a reasonable value in CND apartments for now.

I disagree, I think with the introduction of new planets, everything will become 'watered down' and I wouldn't be surprised to see ND sell off CND in the next couple of years if not sooner.

I disagree, I think with the introduction of new planets, everything will become 'watered down' and I wouldn't be surprised to see ND sell off CND in the next couple of years if not sooner

Well, Next Island guys have said shops will be there... but I have not heard anything about apartments being there. I suspect the 100 item boxes may exist as a replacement for apartments on other planets?...

I dont mind about the storage but its nice to get some stored items to craft a bit on CND (ores you couldnt find yourself) or acess other tools easier. I own an apt on CND I used to store my ores in when i was mining there in the past. Adding a storage doesnt hurt me but I can imagine that some investors into real estate are angry with this change.
Investing in EU has always been very risky. Ive also lost thousands of K on some of the investments I have made but in the end im also aware that MA will not let their ideas come to a halt just because of a few people that have some interests at stake. You win some you lose some.

Wish real estate vendors best of luck finding a way out without too much costs. Maybe in a new VU, who knows

Maybe because MA thinks Neverdie has had enough time to monetize all the deeds. 10 PED/month from cheaper sold apartments is better than deeds resting idle in storage boxes. Just a guess.

I just bought an apartment for myself in August and I am not too thrilled about storage on CND now either.

Were thinking exactly the same.

ND got rid of all estate - for a nice profit, now they put storage up there so he can rake some more moneys from taxes again because ppl will frequent CND more often now.

I mean - he IS MAs first bullshittalker (a.k.a PR :laugh:). They have to reward him somehow.

Anyways - gl to u all up there...

I.

wasnt the whole concept of CND without storage and limited (planetside transport fee) to increase the economy at start

example, say you mined there, no storage to give the stuff too but way too heavy
so you had to sell it pretty much (or buy funny priced apts ofc)
and selling had generally meant auction, if there had been buyers for the stuff, example ore amps
they had had to craft the amps fast and sell them fast (because of weight)

so to make it short, it was meant imo to force a fast trading and economy development because of the hurdles that kept it isolated

which failed imo, as there were generally rather few ppl up compared to what it could have been

one reason being especially the lack of a storage (and funny apt prices)

so generally, i think a storage there, which enables everyone to have a place to put their stuff, without having to either pay to buy an apt or someone who rents it to them, just to be able to carry on what they are doing, is a good idea

ok, apt speculators and renters are likely getting less peds now, sucks for them
but could be worse
buying several apts to rent it to people, thus lowering supply, hence increasing the apt prices generally as well as the need of ppl to either buy or rent one, that is pretty much speculating
and being paid to own several apts for quite a while isn't bad either i guess ^^

but for everyone else, which should be the majority, great idea imo
that could seriously increase the economy up there

someone correct me if im wrong here but im sure i read somewhere in the forum that storage at cnd and storage on eudoria are 2 different things and items between the locations arent transferable anyway so u would still have to auction or sell to a trader there... :scratch2:

someone correct me if im wrong here but im sure i read somewhere in the forum that storage at cnd and storage on eudoria are 2 different things and items between the locations arent transferable anyway so u would still have to auction or sell to a trader there... :scratch2:

Its not the unability to auction what causes problems to app owners.

It is encumberment. When you decide to go down you take all ores and drag ureself to spaceship anyways. Now you just dont need an appartment to keep you slim.

;)

I.

1) I didn´t buy the appartements for speculation - i had a business, thats a difference

2) Get your infos right first: the tp is temporary and hangar owners get payed for the downtime of flights

3) This has nothing to do woth CND

4) The question remains: Why this major changes for CND?

1) Business went down, sorry about that.

2) Yup, theyll screw them up with planets in no time, dont worry ;) Itll be cherrycake if you like someones misery.

3) It has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH CND

4) BECAUSE ND HAS TO MAKE MORE MONEY. Neverdie, not you - but Neverdie. Got it? In MA eyes you are like - nothing, while ND is their best marketing project which tempts ppl by telling fairytails all around the globe. Find peace in this words my m8, take on a different opportunity and move on.

I.

the storages are seperated i read, but it woud work similar to before as when you had an apt and didnt want to sell to a trader, you get your stuff and walk to hangar to get down

just without the need of an apt now kinda (or your "sisters" avatar which held all the stuff)

Personally I think that this is one of the best "features" improvements MA made.
I'm really happy to be able to store some materials.
Anyhow, this doesn'^t means that all the trade concept is dead... because when you will need some money to buy other bombs, you still need a trader for selling stuffs... because we don't have to forget that the CND storage hasn't in it the things you have in your storage on Eudoria...

And we still pay fees if you put things in auction...

Personally I think that this is one of the best "features" improvements MA made.
I'm really happy to be able to store some materials.
Anyhow, this doesn'^t means that all the trade concept is dead... because when you will need some money to buy other bombs, you still need a trader for selling stuffs... because we don't have to forget that the CND storage hasn't in it the things you have in your storage on Eudoria...

And we still pay fees if you put things in auction...

Some people, including me at some times in the past, used this as our careers in game. We would work hours and hours a day towards gathering ore and shipping it down to the planet and trading it. This career is now destroyed.

We owners received personal storages??? Wee! I have to take a closer look on my inventory. :yay:

About storages in CND: about time! That is why i don't go there for practically 2 years.

Waldy: in 2 years i bet you recovered your investment.

Only got through about half the thread before I wanted to make a comment...

Storage up on CND will have an impact on CND local economy... the need for shops will be much lower as you can easily fill yourself to the tits and unload all extra at top storage... then you can store all your stuff on CND as you hunt/mine.

Obviously shops can still do ok and crafters... but competition will have to be good as 50ped is flight cost which is an extra cost of business... and then the shops at CND at least before were not the most accessible... distance wise... at least.

With the storage up top also I fear for pilots unless other planets are introduced because storage up top lets a lot of people stay there longer and fly less and traders also will be able to stay up there...

Time will tell what MA plans to do fully though.... Im curious how much of the 50ped goes to the pilots... and if its split to all the pilots or the actually main ones who actually performed a service lol.... since there are many hangars but only half a dozen or so frequent flying pilots. Im also curious if MA will take the decay or a % of total collected... hard to say....

Time will tell what MA plans to do fully though.... Im curious how much of the 50ped goes to the pilots... and if its split to all the pilots or the actually main ones who actually performed a service lol.... since there are many hangars but only half a dozen or so frequent flying pilots. Im also curious if MA will take the decay or a % of total collected... hard to say....

They did state the 25 ped each way fee was going to be split evenly between all hanger owners. They made no distinction. So yes, this is going to irk a lot of active pilots because of the inactive/private fliers. Expect flame threads based on this when hangers go active, and the pilots see the accumulated fees...

On an interesting side note - what if MA did leave the TP in? That would actually force pilots to stop price gouging on their flights up to CND, while still allowing instant transport up/down if no pilots are online!
Food for thought...

Weird that most of the ppl react like: "things change, deal with it"

How about we make imp 2870 deal 8 damage at 40 reload?

things change deal with it?

Or all mobs now have extraordinary regen making them only killable if you have a weapon that does 300 dmg/sec.

things change deal with it?

Bombs now cost 5 peds each, while claims remain the same due to a lag problem..

things change, deal with it?

I THINK NOT!

No storage on CND was a feature. They should not have changed it. This example kills the economy, because you cannot be certain of anything, which makes investors jumpy and reluctant to buy anything with the slightest markup.

No storage on CND was a feature. They should not have changed it. This example kills the economy, because you cannot be certain of anything, which makes investors jumpy and reluctant to buy anything with the slightest markup.

That could possibly be part of MA's reasons for taking actions like these. Outrageous markup in the past has made some parts of this "game" not playable for a large number of folks who just don't have the real world funds to throw around. As the playerbase expands in to more casual gamers, and China, etc. there is a need for outrageous markup to not be so high... so that the number of participants grows...

If I've said it once, I've said it 100 times, and will probably say it a few thousand before I retire from this game in several more decades, "Don't pay more than TT price on anything if you possibly can."

lol and i can always say EU is dynamic ...

i had ways to earn money too ... but since the game gets always updated and what not ...
should ANY that does some improved buisness prepare that his idea will be shitty tomorrow !

what is with those ppl that used pets to advertise ? those thats skilled with the scanner for ped ? and .... and .....

maybe those updates also open u now buisness fields :laugh: ?

and well if u like from 1 improved service or buisness its like standing on one leg ...

and i learned a second and third is a way better to have since u fall less times that way :rolleyes:

On an interesting side note - what if MA did leave the TP in? That would actually force pilots to stop price gouging on their flights up to CND, while still allowing instant transport up/down if no pilots are online!
Food for thought...
I for one, actually hop that MA leaves the TP in so that the pilots are freed up to take us to the new planets when their ships will allow them to do that...

Back